Senate Impeachment Trial Thread.

Nothing tops the irony or the brass balls of Ken Starr, standing up on the dias, and decrying the divisive horror of a baseless impeachment, and its wasteful destructiveness to the nation.

Republicans truly have no shame.

Can you believe the balls of sending up Ken Starr to argue about baseless impeachment’s?

I am amazed at how low some will go to tarnish those who have served our country. We used to have common standards that we considered off base. Attacking those in uniform was one.
He wasn't Court Martialed. Somebody illegally leaked this, and if his brother was culpable, damn right I want him held accountable. A uniform doesn't give you the right violate the law or your employment agreement.

Think about what you are saying for gosh sakes. You have implicated him simply because his brother was subpoenaed to give testimony. Why jump directly to that assumption?

It's what conservatives do. They lie, they smear, and then tell you that it's up to YOU to prove they're lying. 30 years of Clinton investigations, all based on rumours started by Republicans. It's what they do.
Oh well, both sides do that.

We don't have to. We can approach it differently.
Yeah, but there is a lot of money flowing and everyone is skimming and it attracts a lot of crooks. I think we need to make some structural changes to get the State Legislatures reinvolved, like they were before the direct election of Senators. Now, I wouldn't change that at this point, but, I would like to see a few changes to go along with it, as this change completely shut the State Legislatures out of the process, when they formerly, indirectly controlled the Senate and with that the confirmation of Judges and Cabinet members.

But, one problem was that legislatures would lock and then States would go without Senate representation, so one problem that our current arrangement solves, is that a Senator is ALWAYS selected to represent the State. But, they are no longer accountable to the State Government. So, I would continue to have them elected by popular vote, but able to be recalled on a majority vote of their State Legislature. Filling vacancies would be handled by the Governor, just as it is now.

The second thing I would do, would be to allow a majority of the State Legislatures, that all pass and identical bill, to be able to put that bill on the President's desk for signature.

And I would like to see Trump continue to move these Massive Federal Agencies out of the Beltway, and into the Heartland where they are closer to the constituents they are supposed to be serving. Break up that big massive swamp into a bunch of small manageable puddles, all over the nation, especially in areas where that federal spending on these agencies will improve the local economy.

Ok which one of you guys wrote this idiot's talking points? While in an impeachment hearing for Trump, he's stated very few facts, said Schiff is a lying criminal, and is blaming everything on Obama. He's not said ANY facts to defend Trump.

This is a fucking joke. The Republican Senators should feel outraged this got in front of them.

It's disappointing. It's also odd that he keeps asking where the house manager's were after citing things about Obama. The democrats weren't in power. That would have been up to Boehner. I doubt very much that the republicans would have let an impeachment of Obama go by if they thought what he was doing was impeachable. I guess they are hoping people will not do much independent research.
Republicans were NEVER going to impeach the first Back President. He probably could have shoot somebody on 5th ave and gotten away with it!

They would have impeached him in a heartbeat if they thought they could have gotten away with it. 7 Benghazi Investigations. None of the Faux News Scandals had any traction at all because they weren't based on actual events, they were based on FOX News rumours, distortions and lies. None of the House Investigations confirmed a single one of the main FOX talking points: the purported "stand down order", that the Administration attempted to cover-up the motices for the attack, or that US forces could have reached the Embassy in time to prevent any of the deaths. Hillary Clinton did not lie, and the Administration was not responsible for what happened.

Nothing tops the irony or the brass balls of Ken Starr, standing up on the dias, and decrying the divisive horror of a baseless impeachment, and its wasteful destructiveness to the nation.

Can you believe the balls of sending up Ken Starr to argue about baseless impeachment’s?

How can SNL even parody something like that?? I feel like I'm watching a sham trial in a Banana Republic.

Republicans have truly lost all sense of shame.

Ok which one of you guys wrote this idiot's talking points? While in an impeachment hearing for Trump, he's stated very few facts, said Schiff is a lying criminal, and is blaming everything on Obama. He's not said ANY facts to defend Trump.

This is a fucking joke. The Republican Senators should feel outraged this got in front of them.

It's disappointing. It's also odd that he keeps asking where the house manager's were after citing things about Obama. The democrats weren't in power. That would have been up to Boehner. I doubt very much that the republicans would have let an impeachment of Obama go by if they thought what he was doing was impeachable. I guess they are hoping people will not do much independent research.
Republicans were NEVER going to impeach the first Back President. He probably could have shoot somebody on 5th ave and gotten away with it!

They would have impeached him in a heartbeat if they thought they could have gotten away with it. 7 Benghazi Investigations. None of the Faux News Scandals had any traction at all because they weren't based on actual events, they were based on FOX News rumours, distortions and lies. None of the House Investigations confirmed a single one of the main FOX talking points: the purported "stand down order", that the Administration attempted to cover-up the motices for the attack, or that US forces could have reached the Embassy in time to prevent any of the deaths. Hillary Clinton did not lie, and the Administration was not responsible for what happened.
Hillary didn't lie, Obama wasn't responsible... Yeah, that was pretty much their attitude. Quite a Contrast with Trump when they started jacking around with our Embassy in Iraq.

How long do you think it takes a fighter jet to get from our bases in Italy to Benghazi?

This style of lecturing is B.O.R.I.N.G. boring.
As opposed to 24 hours of Pencil Neck repeating 4,000 time "Cheater, Cheater, pumpkin eater"..."RUSSIA...RUSSIA....RUSSIA!!!!"

I thought that was boring too. So why do you make fun of and call people names? Do you think it strengthens your argument? What type of people have we become when we resort to this style of communication.
Have you seen him?

How can SNL even parody something like that?? I feel like I'm watching a sham trial in a Banana Republic.

The President's Dream Team is wiping the floor with Bug-eyed Schiff and Fat Jerry.

Hillary didn't lie, Obama wasn't responsible... Yeah, that was pretty much their attitude. Quite a Contrast with Trump when they started jacking around with our Embassy in Iraq.

How long do you think it takes a fighter jet to get from our bases in Italy to Benghazi?

At least an hour just for air time, plus time for the pilots to suit up, get to the planes, fuel up and take off. And what can a fighter jet do against a ground raid? Strafe the building and risk hitting Americans? Fire rockets at the attackers and risk hitting the Embassy. Air transport would take even longer. The Americans were killed within the first few minutes of the attack.

Not once ever have I heard a Republican suggest that it was unwise of the Ambassador to go to Benghazi on September 11th. Certainly the State Department told him this, and advised him not to go. It was the Ambassador's choice to go to Benghazi, even knowing that all diplomatic posts were on high alert for the 10th anniversary of 9/11, especially those in Muslim countries.

I am sure it has already been mentioned in this thread, but Bolton is a war mongering thug whom the left hated until Saturday?????

What if there was exculpatory information leaked? Would the Dimms still call for him to testify.

Vindman’s Twin Brother Is in Charge of NSC’s Process Reviewing Book Approvals — Would Include John Bolton’s Book

I am amazed at how low some will go to tarnish those who have served our country. We used to have common standards that we considered off base. Attacking those in uniform was one.
He wasn't Court Martialed. Somebody illegally leaked this, and if his brother was culpable, damn right I want him held accountable. A uniform doesn't give you the right violate the law or your employment agreement.

Think about what you are saying for gosh sakes. You have implicated him simply because his brother was subpoenaed to give testimony. Why jump directly to that assumption?

It's what conservatives do. They lie, they smear, and then tell you that it's up to YOU to prove they're lying. 30 years of Clinton investigations, all based on rumours started by Republicans. It's what they do.
Hey Canuck, we don't give a fuck what you think about our system. Go deal with the Metrosexual idiot you elected.

Now he is bringing up Fast & the Furious... WTF does that have to do with Trump?
Perhaps the fact Barry Hussein invoked Executive Privilege when he got Congressional subpoenas.

Are you just acting this dumb, or is it for real?

You show your ignorance of how long ago he decried the very statute that put him into the position to investigate the actual crimes of Slick Willy.

The President's Dream Team is wiping the floor with Bug-eyed Schiff and Fat Jerry.

No, they're not. These guys aren't the "Dream Team". These hacks are the only people who would sink low enough to try to defend this President. No one wants to work for Trump, except criminals and those seeking access to corruptible power.

Not sure you know the meaning of the word "irony". Clinton was guilty of 3 crimes.

Trump has not even been accused of a single crime.

No, they're not. These guys aren't the "Dream Team". These hacks are the only people who would sink low enough to try to defend this President. No one wants to work for Trump, except criminals and those seeking access to corruptible power.
Go bitch and moan about your own fucked up country, Canuck.

We don't give a shit what you think.:5_1_12024::5_1_12024::5_1_12024:

allah is a false god and Moohomo
Is burning in Hell with General Salami.

At least an hour just for air time, plus time for the pilots to suit up, get to the planes, fuel up and take off. And what can a fighter jet do against a ground raid? Strafe the building and risk hitting Americans? Fire rockets at the attackers and risk hitting the Embassy. Air transport would take even longer. The Americans were killed within the first few minutes of the attack.

Not once ever have I heard a Republican suggest that it was unwise of the Ambassador to go to Benghazi on September 11th. Certainly the State Department told him this, and advised him not to go. It was the Ambassador's choice to go to Benghazi, even knowing that all diplomatic posts were on high alert for the 10th anniversary of 9/11, especially those in Muslim countries.

Now he is bringing up Fast & the Furious... WTF does that have to do with Trump?
Perhaps the fact Barry Hussein invoked Executive Privilege when he got Congressional subpoenas.

Are you just acting this dumb, or is it for real?

Now that's not nice. So the previous president refused all subpoenas? He invoked executive privilege on all congressional investigations and inquiries? Are you sure about that.......

Not sure you know the meaning of the word "irony". Clinton was guilty of 3 crimes.

If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

How original...

I'm always glad when you don't agree with me cuz that confirms I am right.:5_1_12024:

Forum List

Back