Separation of church and State....Hmmmm

thereisnospoon

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2010
mid south
I wonder where the Church and State separation libs are on this one?
Or will they respond with " That's different" ...or "Nothing to see here"..Or "Where is this? In some county full of intolerant Caucasian hillbillies?...
Either way, the libs will not be able to sensibly discuss the comparisons that make when separation of Church and State issues arise regarding the Christian faith.
This ought to be good...
Augusta County Schools Will be Closed on Friday Due to 'Tone and Content' of Calls and E-mails

Or will they respond with " That's different" ...or "Nothing to see here"..Or "Where is this? In some county full of intolerant Caucasian hillbillies?...
Either way, the libs will not be able to sensibly discuss the comparisons that make when separation of Church and State issues arise regarding the Christian faith.
This ought to be good...
Augusta County Schools Will be Closed on Friday Due to 'Tone and Content' of Calls and E-mails
I wonder how many liberals oppose teaching about other parts of the world and their religions.

This ought to be good...
how can you sensibly discuss something that makes no sense?
church and state are separate.. end of discussion

This ought to be good...

I must be missing something. This is an issue of security (false or not). What does church / state have to do with here?

A HS teacher in world geography gave the kids an assignment to trace Arabic calligraphy with the saying there is no god but allah, and demonstrated a "head scarf." Their was outrage, including apparently threats. The school says there's nothing improper about the assignment since part of the geography curriculum was to explore other religions.

Augusta County Schools Close After Controversy Over ‘There Is No God But Allah’ Islamic Calligraphy Lesson

Thank God, the teacher wasn't teaching about human sexuality. LOL

This ought to be good...

I must be missing something. This is an issue of security (false or not). What does church / state have to do with here?
nothing .....the op and reality have never met.

A HS teacher in world geography gave the kids an assignment to trace Arabic calligraphy with the saying there is no god but allah, and demonstrated a "head scarf." Their was outrage, including apparently threats. The school says there's nothing improper about the assignment since part of the geography curriculum was to explore other religions.

Augusta County Schools Close After Controversy Over ‘There Is No God But Allah’ Islamic Calligraphy Lesson

he controversy started when a lesson in World Geography class asked students to try to copy an example of Arabic calligraphy. The phrase was a statement of Islamic faith but the students were "not asked to translate the statement or to recite it.” Rather, the purpose of the exercise was to give students an “idea of the artistic complexity of calligraphy.”

faith.jpg

High School Teacher’s Lesson In Arabic Calligraphy Prompts Closure Of Entire School District

In other words...a ridiculous overreaction.

This ought to be good...
I wonder how many liberals oppose teaching about other parts of the world and their religions.
In other words "that's different"...Correct?
No religion in public schools( according to you libs) means exactly that.
BTW, this requirement by the Augusta County schools has nothing to do with world history.
Its a sneaky way to get students indoctrinated into Islam and how the religion "has been persecuted by( Fill in the blank).....
Obviously the parents and students want none of this. And it's unnecessary.

This ought to be good...
how can you sensibly discuss something that makes no sense?
church and state are separate.. end of discussion
Not according to this..This is a public school district advancing one religion over others. Period.
If you don't want to discuss the issue, then don't bother typing....

This ought to be good...
BTW, this requirement by the Augusta County schools has nothing to do with world history.
Its a sneaky way to get students indoctrinated into Islam and how the religion "has been persecuted by( Fill in the blank).....

Did you see the lesson?

faith.jpg

They were not asked to translate or recite the statement, just to copy the calligraphy.

The school district was closed because of threatening calls and emails?

From whom?
No threats were mentioned. Only the concerns of parents and students...
The school district administration did not expect any push back. They never do.
In this case, the people of Augusta County made it abundantly clear they were not pleased with this lesson plan.
So rather than deal with the push back, the administrators chickened out and closed the schools. They also showed their petulance by cancelling all extra curricular activities for the entire weekend. That is the administration's way getting back at those who dared to disagree with them...

This ought to be good...

Did you see the lesson?

faith.jpg

They were not asked to translate or recite the statement, just to copy the calligraphy.
Why were the asked to copy the writing?
It is not the writing in and of itself where the problem arises. It's what the wiring says.
If this were an actual lesson in how to write this way, the words would have been random. Not a "statement of faith" to Islam.
Very slick. But they got busted.

his is a public school district advancing one religion over others. Period.

Nope.

You are stupid, period.
Ahh. well that didn't take long. Just a few posts into the thread an already one of you flaming libs has run out of ideas and resorted to insults.
You LOSE....
Oh, don't make this personal. Just don't do that...That's not a request.

he controversy started when a lesson in World Geography class asked students to try to copy an example of Arabic calligraphy. The phrase was a statement of Islamic faith but the students were "not asked to translate the statement or to recite it.” Rather, the purpose of the exercise was to give students an “idea of the artistic complexity of calligraphy.”

faith.jpg

High School Teacher’s Lesson In Arabic Calligraphy Prompts Closure Of Entire School District

And if it were a statement of faith to Christianity written in Gaelic Dialect?
You lib's heads would explode.

This ought to be good...

Did you see the lesson?

faith.jpg

Why were the asked to copy the writing?
It is not the writing in and of itself where the problem arises. It's what the wiring says.
If this were an actual lesson in how to write this way, the words would have been random. Not a "statement of faith" to Islam.
Very slick. But they got busted.

You don't know what calligraphy is? Wow, you ARE stupid.

It's not translated in the lesson and the students were not asked to translate it.

This ought to be good...

The students are being required to write a statement of faith to Islam.
If the lesson was to simply copy the writing, the lesson should have included random words.

faith.jpg

And if it were a statement of faith to Christianity written in Gaelic Dialect?
You lib's heads would explode.

Not at all, I'd be fine if was in a language no one spoke...but where is the lesson for calligraphy in Gaelic?

The school district was closed because of threatening calls and emails?

From whom?
No threats were mentioned. Only the concerns of parents and students...
The school district administration did not expect any push back. They never do.
In this case, the people of Augusta County made it abundantly clear they were not pleased with this lesson plan.
So rather than deal with the push back, the administrators chickened out and closed the schools. They also showed their petulance by cancelling all extra curricular activities for the entire weekend. That is the administration's way getting back at those who dared to disagree with them...

So you heard all the calls and read all the emails?

Amazing. You must have super powers.

Forum List

Back