? Serious Conspiracy Theorist Question ?

Left Brain 48%
Right Brain 52%

Your Left Brain Percentages
35% Sequential (Your most dominant characteristic)

Your Right Brain Percentages
48% Holistic (Your most dominant characteristic) ....

Xsited1, thanks for input, glad to see someone speak up. I found your scores interesting as you tend (by your posts) to be conservative but with a sense of humor. I wish more would take it and share honestly.

I tend the other direction: Left Brain 44% Right Brain 56%. And one thing that surprised me was my "Left Brain Percentages 60% Reality-based (Your most dominant characteristic). Weirdly I am very much a naturalist, a bright, so the 60% in the left hemisphere fit me like a glove.

Last edited:
Conspiracy theories are appealing because it removes individual responsibility for something one does not enjoy.

Examples;
"I'm poor, but it cannot be helped because the Bankers control all the money."
"We outfought our enemies but were betrayed at Versailles by the Jews."

I agree but even more than that they seem to form a way of thinking. Planning some diabolical act obviously constitutes a conspiracy as we define the term. But believing that all things are conspiracies and not the natural workings of society is another thing. And your examples still live on in the minds of some. It used to be gods, then devils, then witches, then heretics, then communists, then....

Last edited:
Left Brain 59%
Right Brain 41%

38% Logical (Your most dominant characteristic)

etc.

i guess that suprises no one, as i am a well known and respected entity on this board.

How is it that the same thing can mean different things. How is it that I filter information and see positive things and others negative or vice versa. We were recently at a dinner party and one person gave the usual interpretation of anything they found offensive as a purposeful but hidden plan of government. There was no other explanation for any negative event in the spokesman's mind. Many agreed, other kept quiet.

Why is that? In polite company you often have to grid your teeth and mind, nod, and scream later when far away from people. This leads me to a few questions:

Whether it is 911 conspiracy or the Glenn Beck sort or the Sarah Palin kind or the usual USMB type, why do you all think or is it feel this way? 911 is the extreme, the media is out to get me is the minor, the government has plans to change the nation is another and very common.

When I read these views each day, I wonder sometimes if it is not our minds that cause these differences. So why, what makes you believe in the more conspiratorial - any theories - and are you left or right brained? Comments?

Right Brain vs Left Brain Creativity Test at The Art Institute of Vancouver

Hemispheric Dominance Test determine if your left or right brain hemisphere is dominant
Left Right* Hemisphere Brain Processing

PS I tend to the ....

My score was 8 right and 10 left. I've always felt that, depending on the circumstances, I had to shft my mind into the proper frame of mind to get anything done, but that I could do that. Situations I'm in at a given moment dictate what I should do. In the shower with everything in flux I'm open to some of my best ideas. As a carpenter, on any given project I find I get multiples more accomplished when I put on my nail-apron. I often stop and dump everything out of the pouches and then put all the tools I know I'll most likely need in the most advantageous places. Without my nail-apron on I feel discombobulated.

The descriptions of L and R seem to be dead-on.

Last edited:
Conspiracy theories are appealing because it removes individual responsibility for something one does not enjoy.

Examples;
"I'm poor, but it cannot be helped because the Bankers control all the money."
"We outfought our enemies but were betrayed at Versailles by the Jews."

I agree but even more than that they seem to form a way of thinking. Planning some diabolical act obviously constitutes a conspiracy as we define the term. But believing that all things are conspiracies and not the natural workings of society is another thing. And your examples still live on in the minds of some. It used to be gods, then devils, then witches, then heretics, then communists, then....

then the...patriots and those that question the systems of control...

natural workings of society ??..is that anything like the primal forces of nature Mr beal ?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI5hrcwU7Dk[/ame]

Last edited:
So many of those questions are context dependent for me, that the results from repeatedly taking the survey are all over the place.

The only consistent result is the least accurate: 0% Symbolic (Your least dominant characteristic)

I'm recognized in my NLP/hypnosis group as one of our better creator of pulled-out-of-the-air analogies and metaphors.

These tests can be soooooo goofy. :lol:

So many of those questions are context dependent for me, that the results from repeatedly taking the survey are all over the place.

The only consistent result is the least accurate: 0% Symbolic (Your least dominant characteristic)

I'm recognized in my NLP/hypnosis group as one of our better creator of pulled-out-of-the-air analogies and metaphors.

Here's an interesting one. Can you make the dancer turn in either direction on your own?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CEr2GfGilw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CEr2GfGilw[/ame]

Here's an interesting one. Can you make the dancer turn in either direction on your own?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CEr2GfGilw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CEr2GfGilw[/ame]

cool..

cool..
Kinda fun to play, huh?

1) Notice that many read this as assuming an argument for intelligence. That was not mentioned. Is that assumption a part of the initial premise. I think so.

2) The left right brain test was science as opposed to the opinion piece. In science you test some hypothesis. So far the results are varied. American Horse and I seem to fit our profiles and our private discussions. Editec is right, his test would be wrong if I were to assume the result beforehand. IE I were a conspiratorial thinker.

3) If you answered the questions honestly and with some forethought then you should have the same answer each time or close, so the result would be the same.

L.K. Eder, do you consider yourself conservative or liberal? Or somewhere else?

I'm solidly with Ben Franklin when it comes to conspiracies and secrets, "Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead." I'll even reduce the number to two, and maybe even one. I believe in no conspiracy aside from the obvious conspiracies which usually revolves around power influence sales or greed. Eventually all conspiracies are evident, price fixing, monopolistic behavior, or power monopolies such as fascism or communism in the last century. So listen to what I say (that tells you a bit about me), but another approach is the mind or brain hypothesis (do we tend in a direction). I tend to the right hemisphere but not radically so, I also tend strongly to the real or factual.

Added perspective:
Left brain, right brain « Prospect Magazine "Shiller argues that our brains are susceptible to undue optimism and risk-taking when things are going well, and excessive pessimism and caution when they are not."

Regarding the moving figure, I had to close an eye to reverse from clockwise all the time. Right is stronger for me. I did find the example below easier to reverse and while the left eye (R closed) gave immediate results closing the left worked too.

h ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilaHDcfA9Eg

Space added to remove clutter. R or L LOL

The premise holds in that people use conspiracies to explain the diverse happening of the world. Now someone give me a natural selection reason for that? Any takers?

Immediately. :lol:

Funny thing is that it often took me quite a while to find the image in those goofy dot image thingies.
I missed the second part of your comment. Are you talking about those different colored numbers in a dot image? They use those for testing levels of color blindness (common in men), if I am thinking of the same thing you are.

Ah, found one.

eightcolorblind.jpg

1) Notice that many read this as assuming an argument for intelligence. That was not mentioned. Is that assumption a part of the initial premise. I think so.

2) The left right brain test was science as opposed to the opinion piece. In science you test some hypothesis. So far the results are varied. American Horse and I seem to fit our profiles and our private discussions. Editec is right, his test would be wrong if I were to assume the result beforehand. IE I were a conspiratorial thinker.

3) If you answered the questions honestly and with some forethought then you should have the same answer each time or close, so the result would be the same....yaddayaddayaddablahblahblah....
Both of the surveys posted are so unspecific, that anyone could come up with vastly different results in different contexts.

I personally took the one in the OP twice, separated by an hour, and got markedly different results.

Your premise has been shredded and this thread is a waste of time for anything other than mild amusement.

Left Brain Right Brain
39% 61%

You are more right-brained than left-brained. The right side of your brain controls the left side of your body. In addition to being known as right-brained, you are also known as a creative thinker who uses feeling and intuition to gather information. You retain this information through the use of images and patterns. You are able to visualize the "whole" picture first, and then work backwards to put the pieces together to create the "whole" picture. Your thought process can appear quite illogical and meandering. The problem-solving techniques that you use involve free association, which is often very innovative and creative. The routes taken to arrive at your conclusions are completely opposite to what a left-brained person would be accustomed. You probably find it easy to express yourself using art, dance, or music. Some occupations usually held by a right-brained person are forest ranger, athlete, beautician, actor/actress, craftsman, and artist.

ok...now what....

Immediately. :lol:

Funny thing is that it often took me quite a while to find the image in those goofy dot image thingies.
I missed the second part of your comment. Are you talking about those different colored numbers in a dot image? They use those for testing levels of color blindness (common in men), if I am thinking of the same thing you are.

Ah, found one.

eightcolorblind.jpg
No. That's a colorblindness test. I've taken several of those for FAA physicals.

I was talking about these ones:

wf_magic_eye_3d_small.jpg

Left Brain Right Brain
39% 61%

You are more right-brained than left-brained. The right side of your brain controls the left side of your body. In addition to being known as right-brained, you are also known as a creative thinker who uses feeling and intuition to gather information. You retain this information through the use of images and patterns. You are able to visualize the "whole" picture first, and then work backwards to put the pieces together to create the "whole" picture. Your thought process can appear quite illogical and meandering. The problem-solving techniques that you use involve free association, which is often very innovative and creative. The routes taken to arrive at your conclusions are completely opposite to what a left-brained person would be accustomed. You probably find it easy to express yourself using art, dance, or music. Some occupations usually held by a right-brained person are forest ranger, athlete, beautician, actor/actress, craftsman, and artist.

ok...now what....
Pretend like it means something, even though it doesn't.

Y'know...Navel contemplation.

3) If you answered the questions honestly and with some forethought then you should have the same answer each time or close, so the result would be the same....yaddayaddayaddablahblahblah....
Both of the surveys posted are so unspecific, that anyone could come up with vastly different results in different contexts.

I personally took the one in the OP twice, separated by an hour, and got markedly different results.

Your premise has been shredded and this thread is a waste of time for anything other than mild amusement.
One of them seemed to be designed for one who is still a student, likely a junior high student at that. Recalling my state of mind at that time was no all that easy. I learned algebra and geometry, for example, a long time ago and those questions seemed not to apply to me much at all.

Forum List

Back