Should a 14 yr old be trialed as an adult?

To me, by the age of ten, a person should be old enough to understand the severity of whatever their agenda may be. The only exception is if they have a severe enough case of autism.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
I think you just accidentally insulted people w/ autism. Actually, autistic people (in my research of tht topic) are pretty bright and I just don't see them being dangerous. There are probably exceptions, though, bc there always are exceptions to rules

If they act like rabid dogs...

If you saw a dog acting like it was rabid --no, wait, you knew it was--and saw it headed for a group of children, would you, if you had a gun, hesitate to shoot it?

or do you think rabid dogs have equal rights w/ children?
I wouldn’t hesitate to kill a rabid dog before it could maul or kill anybody.

But that’s not what we have here.

This is after the fact. It’s now about the assignment of blame and responsibility. And it’s about the degree of appropriate punishment for an offender who happens to be a minor. And a human being. A sick human being. But a human being all the same.

I think you just accidentally insulted people w/ autism. Actually, autistic people (in my research of tht topic) are pretty bright and I just don't see them being dangerous. There are probably exceptions, though, bc there always are exceptions to rules
I did say those who have a severe enough case of autism and the reason why I said that is because I used to work with someone who had autism, but because of how well he took care of his condition, I never would've known that he had anything going on had he not said anything about his having it.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. And so yeah, if I did come across at all as insulting, it was most certainly not my intention, and I do apologize.

Forum List

Back