Should Gerrymandering be Banned?

My district doesn't presently have a Congressman. He left in disgrace after cheating on his wife and telling his mistress she should get an abortion. He has a very pro-life, unless it is an inconvenience to his political career. Glad he is gone.

Louisiana took a screwing when they lost population after Katrina...and even though the loss was from New Orleans (Democrats)...Civil Rights laws said whites living in rural Louisiana had to lose districts. Go figure.
Redistricting in Louisiana after the 2010 census - Ballotpedia

Please show us a quote from your link about whites unfairly losing districts.

You sound like an ignorant bigot who likes to pull nonsensical shit from your ass, post links to sources that don't back up what your saying and then run away and hide.

Did I nail it, bigot?
Because the Court did not make common law from the bench (you know what that is?), hence, they said gerrymandering is OK. This Court will rule said same.

As a citizen, Gerrymandering dilutes or intensifies my own vote, my one man, one vote....what right do congress critters have to take away the power of one man, one vote?

They are silencing the vote of the people, through gerrymandering.

When you have a state that has 3 million voters, and 2 million of the 3 million vote for Democrats, and the Republicans end up winning 60% of the opened seats with just 33% of the people's vote ...due to the way they have gerrymandered the district, then they are STEALING the power of our one man, one vote...from us, the citizen.
States gerrymandering...states rights...check on federal power. Power comes from the states...

My district doesn't presently have a Congressman. He left in disgrace after cheating on his wife and telling his mistress she should get an abortion. He has a very pro-life, unless it is an inconvenience to his political career. Glad he is gone.
What the fuck does that have to do with gerrymandering?

Yes, by both sides. The boundaries should be created by a computer program, taking into account only the number of residents inside the district and attempting to create districts that are as small (in terms of acreage) as possible.

The boundaries should be created by a computer program, taking into account only the number of residents inside the district and attempting to create districts that are as small (in terms of acreage) as possible.

If they did that, there would be fewer guaranteed minority districts.
The Congressional Black Caucus could meet in a booth at Denny's.

Power of federal government comes from the people via the states. No computerized districts please.

Yes, but how do we find non partisan people to set the districts up?
You can’t. Politics was born partisan. Democrats can change their far leftist platform and perhaps quit scaring voters off. GOP has benefited from idiots like BLM, Antifa, and Congressional Black Caucus. Morons the lot of them.

As a citizen, Gerrymandering dilutes or intensifies my own vote, my one man, one vote....what right do congress critters have to take away the power of one man, one vote?

They are silencing the vote of the people, through gerrymandering.

When you have a state that has 3 million voters, and 2 million of the 3 million vote for Democrats, and the Republicans end up winning 60% of the opened seats with just 33% of the people's vote ...due to the way they have gerrymandered the district, then they are STEALING the power of our one man, one vote...from us, the citizen.
Flip it sister...Democrats do same shit.

What the fuck does that have to do with gerrymandering?

I was just shooting the shit about my own Congressional district.

You can’t. Politics was born partisan. Democrats can change their far leftist platform and perhaps quit scaring voters off. GOP has benefited from idiots like BLM, Antifa, and Congressional Black Caucus. Morons the lot of them.

The problem is that it is you run up against Federalism.

Louisiana took a screwing when they lost population after Katrina...and even though the loss was from New Orleans (Democrats)...Civil Rights laws said whites living in rural Louisiana had to lose districts. Go figure.

You sound like an ignorant bigot who likes to pull nonsensical shit from your ass, post links to sources that don't back up what your saying and then run away and hide.

Did I nail it, bigot?
Because the Court did not make common law from the bench (you know what that is?), hence, they said gerrymandering is OK. This Court will rule said same.

Please, the exact text from the decision saying/implying "gerrymandering is ok."

Show us your legal scholar skills and post the text.

Come on, don't be scared.

The Democrats love gerrymandering.....but only when they do it

We've never gone too far like the Republicans have.

Pennsylvania Supreme Court Issues New Congressional Map To Replace Gerrymandered One | HuffPost

Republicans have enjoyed a considerable advantage under the earlier map, which was in place for three congressional elections.

Pennsylvania’s Supreme Court on Monday issued a new congressional map to replace the state’s current one, which the court said is so partisan it violates the state’s Constitution.

You do care if Republican Gerrymandering goes so far it's actually unconstitutional, right? You Republicans who supposedly cherish the constitution.
See Illinois congressional districts.
auiqs.jpg.gif
auiqs.jpg.gif
auiqs.jpg.gif
auiqs.jpg.gif
auiqs.jpg.gif
auiqs.jpg.gif
auiqs.jpg.gif
auiqs.jpg.gif
Look what Democrats did in Illinois 17th back on 2003 to save Lane Evans seat. (He had Parkinson’s and could not even talk).
How to rig an election

Did I nail it, bigot?

Please, the exact text from the decision saying/implying "gerrymandering is ok."

Please the exact text where they banned it? Thus they implied gerrymandering, on its true form, is OK. Now Muslim...don’t you have bombs to make and cocks to smoke?

The problem is that it is you run up against Federalism.
Federalism is a “problem?” What are you...a communist?

Did I nail it, bigot?

I will no longer tally with a fool.

States drawing up congressional districts is in the Constitution and is a check on potential federal abuse of power. Liberals like to force their values on rest of nation from afar with a central authority...like Moscow...Beijing...Pyongyang...Tehran..
I love it. The court can’t get to say what’s constitutional, shitheads like you will argue even if the courts say republicans are being so ridiculous it’s now unconstitutional. Go ahead and reply whatever you want I need a good laugh.

We need the idiots who didn’t vote democratic because they didn’t like hillary to show up. And we need the poor to show up. And kids who are sick of being shot at school because the nra owns the gop

Did I nail it, bigot?

I will no longer tally with a fool.
I was thinking the same thing about you!

Forum List

Back