Should religion be taught in public schools?

Should we have religion classes in public school?

• for all religions

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • for certain religions

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • as a class in liberal arts, literature, comparative religions, etc.

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • Nope, not at all

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters
I’m going to shorten it for you too so you can just read the part your brain needs to comprehend. Evolution is a fact. Sorry but no god plopped down full grown zebra’s and dogs and tigers and crocs and turkey and walrus and chicken. We all evolved from a common ancestor. That is what science believes. And it’s pretty much a fact at this point. God did it is a joke. You are a joke. Sorry, go cry to your God and tell them to smite me.
This is why you're not worthy of intelligent debate. If you had a legitimate point to make, you destroyed any chance of a dialogue with these comments. If you, or anyone else, would like to start another thread on evolution I will participate (as I've stated already). This thread, however, is about teaching religion in public schools (which I commented on). You and the other atheists didn't like my answer so you challenged me on the merits (or lack thereof) of evolution. That's fine, but start another thread on that subject if you want that to be the topic.
I don't think, however, that you are interested in (or capable) of having an intelligent discussion and I KNOW you're not capable of debating the subject in your own words because everything you say that isn't copied and pasted is limited to childish insults and name calling. I suppose you think that equates to winning a debate but all it does is show your adolescence and lack of substance. I think you're best suited for the FZ, where you can engage in all the name calling you like, but you're pretty much useless when it comes to engaging in an adult conversation.

I’m going to shorten it for you too so you can just read the part your brain needs to comprehend. Evolution is a fact. Sorry but no god plopped down full grown zebra’s and dogs and tigers and crocs and turkey and walrus and chicken. We all evolved from a common ancestor. That is what science believes. And it’s pretty much a fact at this point. God did it is a joke. You are a joke. Sorry, go cry to your God and tell them to smite me.
This is why you're not worthy of intelligent debate. If you had a legitimate point to make, you destroyed any chance of a dialogue with these comments. If you, or anyone else, would like to start another thread on evolution I will participate (as I've stated already). This thread, however, is about teaching religion in public schools (which I commented on). You and the other atheists didn't like my answer so you challenged me on the merits (or lack thereof) of evolution. That's fine, but start another thread on that subject if you want that to be the topic.
I don't think, however, that you are interested in (or capable) of having an intelligent discussion and I KNOW you're not capable of debating the subject in your own words because everything you say that isn't copied and pasted is limited to childish insults and name calling. I suppose you think that equates to winning a debate but all it does is show your adolescence and lack of substance. I think you're best suited for the FZ, where you can engage in all the name calling you like, but you're pretty much useless when it comes to engaging in an adult conversation.

All you did was complain in your reply. There isn't one fucking letter of substance in your reply to me. You just wasted 30 seconds of my life.

How do you think zebra's or tigers got started? The answer PROVES evolution. It PROVES we all must have come from some previous species that

A. Didn't live on land
B. Didn't need a mom and dad to have it

Do you see where I'm going with this? Of course you don't. So riddle me this. How did the first Zebra start? Did God put two zebra on the earth and they mated and had a babies? Without evolution, this can be your only theory on the subject. Because there had to be 2 grown zebra to mate to have the first zebra baby, right? And don't forget there had to be 2 other zebra and they had a baby girl zebra and that girl zebra mated with the other baby male zebra......

Do you see how your theory makes no sense? Where did the first zebra come from? I'll tell you where they came from. They came from a previous species. Where did that species come from? Ultimately it came out of the water, from a species that didn't need a mother and father for it to multiply. Its so amazing and hard to explain. Maybe you should watch the Cosmos and have them explain it to you.

The point is, your theory is that god poofed 4 zebra on the planet and they had the first zebra babies. Do you realize how stupid that is? It makes evolution seem sensible. I know it is hard to believe but it is more believable than the god poofed them down here in 7 days story.

That is not what I said at all, RGS. Those are your words. While your words are lies. I, in fact, uphold the public curriculum, whether I agree with it or not. Those are my words. Trot along.
In other words you made a claim and can not support it with facts, thanks for admitting it.
IOW, I just hanged your ass out to dry. :lol: My claim was supported, and your lies were rebuked.
And yet in every thread where a teacher or a school forced students to Islamic lessons or dress YOU supported the school or teacher, everyone.

That is not what I said at all, RGS. Those are your words. While your words are lies. I, in fact, uphold the public curriculum, whether I agree with it or not. Those are my words. Trot along.
In other words you made a claim and can not support it with facts, thanks for admitting it.
IOW, I just hanged your ass out to dry. :lol: My claim was supported, and your lies were rebuked.
And yet in every thread where a teacher or a school forced students to Islamic lessons or dress YOU supported the school or teacher, everyone.
Those are you silly words, not mine. You can't prove any such thing. I have said that I support public curriculum, which would include Christian, Islamic, Jewish, etc., lesson. Bub, either it is all or none.

You would keep it only to Christianity, and that policy is not American.

Do you support time release seminary programs for credit in HS for Mormon students?

How about Catholic students?

How about Islamic students?

I am waiting Jakey you made a claim that I attacked you in this thread in regards to Mormons. Be specific, quote it for us.
Trainee, show where every single time I supported Muslim studies, and then we can discuss your nonsense. You don't get to accuse, but not answer accusations.

I am waiting Jakey you made a claim that I attacked you in this thread in regards to Mormons. Be specific, quote it for us.
Trainee, show where every single time I supported Muslim studies, and then we can discuss your nonsense. You don't get to accuse, but not answer accusations.
Isn't it cute that you deny that in every single thread about Islam being taught in the US you supported the teacher or school? You know it is a lie as well as everyone else. You on the other hand claimed in this thread that I attacked you in regards Mormons, be specific cite for us when I did that.

Isn't it cute that you deny that in every single thread about Islam being taught in the US you supported the teacher or school? You know it is a lie as well as everyone else. You on the other hand claimed in this thread that I attacked you in regards Mormons, be specific cite for us when I did that.
You got your ass handed to you, so now you are trolling, troop. I support the public curriculum on religious studies, whether Islamic or no, and that pisses you off. You have not shown me where I have supported such studies every single time, then you whine about being picked on because you are Mormon. If you can't act your age, act your faith.

You got your ass handed to you, so now you are trolling, troop. I support the public curriculum on religious studies, whether Islamic or no, and that pisses you off. You have not shown me where I have supported such studies every single time, then you whine about being picked on because you are Mormon. If you can't act your age, act your faith.

Okay, Jake, knew you are a moron, a Mormon moron! The worst of all morons. No wonder!

hell no...

Religion is faith
School should be for things that are real.

Wrong, Matthew, most of what's taught in school is not factual, supposition, and theory.
You are wrong. Again. Did you graduate from high school, from university (a real university).

And can you read critically. I am not Mormon, never been. RGS, who is Mormon, is whinging at me because he thinks I am mean to him because he is a Mormon. You are both goofy.

Most kids are engaging in these conversations without adult supervision. Creation myths are not science. That's why they are not included. That is where the private schools come into play. They have always been available. When someone says that kids need to know that there is a choice then we are no longer talking about their own children. We are talking about mine.

I am an atheist. My son is an atheist. We are ok with that. I have nothing to prove. There are no classes for him to discuss "atheism". It isn’t necessary and it would be a rather short discussion. He has met other atheists at his school. The kids are talking about it with or without anyone’s permission.

I just moved back to the Bible belt. I am less than ten miles away from a Baptist University which is two miles away from a Catholic University. Thirty miles away are Greek Orthodox, Russian Orthodox, Coptic Orthodox and Antioch Orthodox churches. There are at least ten Buddhist temples, fourteen synagogues, six mosques and two Hindu temples in the state. There are still enough Native Americans that practice the old ways. I am also thirty miles away from the State University. Not to mention that there are two military bases and a few Atheist organizations. You will find these exist in the “Bible Belt states”.

It isn't that these people don't have the opportunity. It's that it is a part of their identity. They don’t want to leave their community. This is their support system. It is who they are. Cool.

The absolute best that can be achieved is the first amendment.

And if you are looking for someone that bashes Mormons then that be me. One of my lines goes all the way back to its inception. I am an ex Mormon. I will maintain my stance.

There you go again claiming something to do with Mormons, be specific quote for us from this thread where I attacked you on anything to do with Mormons.

hell no...

Religion is faith

Wrong, Matthew, most of what's taught in school is not factual, supposition, and theory.
You are wrong. Again. Did you graduate from high school, from university (a real university).

And can you read critically. I am not Mormon, never been. RGS, who is Mormon, is whinging at me because he thinks I am mean to him because he is a Mormon. You are both goofy.
Be specific quote for us anything at all I said about you regarding Mormons in this thread.

hell no...

Religion is faith

Be specific quote for us anything at all I said about you regarding Mormons in this thread.

Why you quoted me, I don't know. I was responding to Matthew. You're nuts.

All you did was complain in your reply. There isn't one fucking letter of substance in your reply to me. You just wasted 30 seconds of my life.

How do you think zebra's or tigers got started? The answer PROVES evolution. It PROVES we all must have come from some previous species that

A. Didn't live on land

Do you see where I'm going with this? Of course you don't. So riddle me this. How did the first Zebra start? Did God put two zebra on the earth and they mated and had a babies? Without evolution, this can be your only theory on the subject. Because there had to be 2 grown zebra to mate to have the first zebra baby, right? And don't forget there had to be 2 other zebra and they had a baby girl zebra and that girl zebra mated with the other baby male zebra......

Do you see how your theory makes no sense? Where did the first zebra come from? I'll tell you where they came from. They came from a previous species. Where did that species come from? Ultimately it came out of the water, from a species that didn't need a mother and father for it to multiply. Its so amazing and hard to explain. Maybe you should watch the Cosmos and have them explain it to you.

The point is, your theory is that god poofed 4 zebra on the planet and they had the first zebra babies. Do you realize how stupid that is? It makes evolution seem sensible. I know it is hard to believe but it is more believable than the god poofed them down here in 7 days story.
From now on, the only time I will respond to you will be in the FZ. When I want a serious discussion I'll talk to somebody else.

S. J., this is a serious discussion. That means it is held accountable to the accepted terms and definitions, which you do not get to alter. Continue to do so, continue to get confronted and continue to look uneducated. Disir, public school is about your kid and any other kid who attends. Private or home school if you don't like the program of studies. RGS, I support the public curriculum, and I suspect you have little or understanding about what we are talking. You freak to the world "Islam" like many freak to the word "Mormon."

Last edited:

A. Didn't live on land

From now on, the only time I will respond to you will be in the FZ. When I want a serious discussion I'll talk to somebody else.
Again you haven't advanced the conversation or come back with a rebuttal to what I said so I'll assume the giraffe analogy stuck.

You think God plopped down 4 adult giraffe so they could have babies. Think about how stupid that makes you.

Without knowing the theory of evolution I can see why you would think such a thing. It was the only theory our ignorant ancestors could imagine but no science is behind it

Most kids are engaging in these conversations without adult supervision. Creation myths are not science. That's why they are not included. That is where the private schools come into play. They have always been available. When someone says that kids need to know that there is a choice then we are no longer talking about their own children. We are talking about mine.

I am an atheist. My son is an atheist. We are ok with that. I have nothing to prove. There are no classes for him to discuss "atheism". It isn’t necessary and it would be a rather short discussion. He has met other atheists at his school. The kids are talking about it with or without anyone’s permission.

I just moved back to the Bible belt. I am less than ten miles away from a Baptist University which is two miles away from a Catholic University. Thirty miles away are Greek Orthodox, Russian Orthodox, Coptic Orthodox and Antioch Orthodox churches. There are at least ten Buddhist temples, fourteen synagogues, six mosques and two Hindu temples in the state. There are still enough Native Americans that practice the old ways. I am also thirty miles away from the State University. Not to mention that there are two military bases and a few Atheist organizations. You will find these exist in the “Bible Belt states”.

It isn't that these people don't have the opportunity. It's that it is a part of their identity. They don’t want to leave their community. This is their support system. It is who they are. Cool.

The absolute best that can be achieved is the first amendment.

And if you are looking for someone that bashes Mormons then that be me. One of my lines goes all the way back to its inception. I am an ex Mormon. I will maintain my stance.

What all brands and kinds of religious organizations won't face up to is that their days are numbered. The only thing which has kept the ancient god theories alive so far has been the brainwashing of children. Today's kids are smarter. They communicate with one another about everyday activities and also some more complex societal issues. It's spreading and "No Religion" is in the future. Just like witches and witch hunts people do away with "No Brainers" and religion definitely is one.

Millennials leaving church in droves, study says - CNN.com

"Released Tuesday, the survey of 35,000 American adults shows the Christian percentage of the population dropping precipitously, to 70.6%. In 2007, the last time Pew conducted a similar survey, 78.4% of American adults called themselves Christian.

In the meantime, almost every major branch of Christianity in the United States has lost a significant number of members, Pew found, mainly because millennials are leaving the fold. More than one-third of millennials now say they are unaffiliated with any faith, up 10 percentage points since 2007."

Religiosity-Graph1.png

Forum List

Back