Should The Rich Be Required To Pay Higher Taxes In the US?

Sure Bubs, sure:

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

"Not true. If you reside somewhere else and earn income somewhere else, the US has no authority to tax you."

BZZ WRONG.

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

"You seem to think the US has some kind of taxing power that enables them to go all over the world taxing people in different countries because they happen to be US citizens. They don't."

BZZ WRONG. ALL US CITIZENS OWE TAXES ON ANY INCOME (OFFSET BY THOSE TAX TREATIES/TAXES PAID)

DUMBASS SAYS:

"Your taxes are paid on the income you claim in the US. If I make $10 million in Germany and claim it as income in the US, then I pay taxes on it."

BZZ WRONG. There is no double taxation, that's what the treaties do. UNLESS it's from a TAX HAVEN then YOU PROBABLY will OWE US taxes if you bring it back!

DUMBASS SAYS:

"Your worldwide income (i.e.; your reported income earnings from abroad.) If you do not claim them as income they are not earnings and not taxable. "

BZZ WRONG. ALL INCOME FROM ANY SOURCE, BE IT IN THE US OR BELIZE, GERMANY OR TEA-BAGGERSTAN, ARE REQUIRED TO BE REPORTED TO US TAX AUTHORITY AND SUBJECT TO TAXATION. NOW IF YOU MADE THE INCOME IN GERMANY, PROB ZERO TAXATION ISSUE IN THE US, BUT BELIZE OR TEA-BAGGERSTAN, PROB WOULD OWE SOME FORM OF TAXES!

LOL

You can keep on spamming the board with this... do we need to contact a mod?

I've already addressed your error several times. We're not talking about income when we're talking about my wealth asset. It's not income. It won't ever be income unless I withdraw it and claim it as income. IF I DO THAT... THEN all this stuff you are posting applies. UNTIL I DO THAT, it's NOT INCOME! CAN'T BE INCOME! WON'T BE TURNED MAGICALLY INTO INCOME BECAUSE YOU WANT IT TO BE!

NOW FUCK THE HELL OFF! MORON!

Sure Bubs, sure:

DUMBASS SAYS:

"Your worldwide income (i.e.; your reported income earnings from abroad.) If you do not claim them as income they are not earnings and not taxable. "

BZZ WRONG. ALL INCOME FROM ANY SOURCE, BE IT IN THE US OR BELIZE, GERMANY OR TEA-BAGGERSTAN, ARE REQUIRED TO BE REPORTED TO US TAX AUTHORITY AND SUBJECT TO TAXATION. NOW IF YOU MADE THE INCOME IN GERMANY, PROB ZERO TAXATION ISSUE IN THE US, BUT BELIZE OR TEA-BAGGERSTAN, PROB WOULD OWE SOME FORM OF TAXES!

THAT "WEALTH" YOU TALKING ABOUT LIAR? lol

Again... You can keep posting this spam as much as you like, it's in error because you keep talking about "income" and I don't have foreign income. I keep saying I don't have income and you keep saying "all income is taxed" and we're not making contact with your brain, apparently.

When I earned the income back in 1988, I paid Germany income taxes. I did not owe US taxes on the income. That income went into a securities investment which is now a wealth asset. It gains value each year and it rolls over into the investment, it is not claimed as income. If I ever take it out of the securities investment and bring it to the US, it counts as income... even though I already paid income tax on it in 1988. Some of it would only be subject to capital gains tax rates... but none of it is taxable in the US unless it is claimed as income. We do not tax wealth assets in America.

Look... This is the same thing as equity growth in your home. You own a home worth $200k in 2015... you do not owe income tax on your $200k home... it is an asset, not income. In 2016, the value of your home increased to $250k... you do not owe taxes on the $50k value your home gained any more than you owe tax on the home itself. We don't tax assets, we tax income. Because the value of your asset increased, doesn't make you liable for tax on the increase in value. Now... IF I SELL MY HOME... different deal! THEN the money becomes earned income from the sale of property. It's a completely different ballgame.

"When I earned the income back in 1988, I paid Germany income taxes. I did not owe US taxes on the income."

Prob did not "owe" taxes BUT you were REQUIRED to report the income to the treasury, since Germany's tax rate would've been higher than the US, no taxes would've been owed in the US!

Yes GROWTH from that asset IS SUBJECT TO TAXATION FROM THE NATION EARNED WHEN CASHED OUT (or dividends are paid (which you said repeatedly happened) AND subject to US taxation IF US citizen BUT you get credit for foreign taxes paid!!).

Weird how YOU don't understand how double taxation YOU argued against earlier, doesn't really happen in the US on individuals income!

Yep.... walk it all back... that's right, pinhead. Nothing is "income" until it's cashed out. I never said dividends were paid, in fact, I specifically addressed the difference between a "dividend value" and an a "dividend received" which you had erroneously confused numerous times. I get a statement each year, telling me my dividend value, should I decide to receive my dividend as income. I decline. It remains a wealth asset or holding and it will remain that until I cash it out.

So don't you feel really silly now? All this time you've spent constructing these beautifully formatted posts... colored letters in bold... research time spent at the IRS website to find all the ammo you needed to take Boss down.... all for nothing because you didn't listen.

WALK IT BACK?? OK DUMBFUKK, SINCE YOU WANT TO PLAY THAT WAY:

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

"Not true. If you reside somewhere else and earn income somewhere else, the US has no authority to tax you."

BZZ WRONG.

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

"You seem to think the US has some kind of taxing power that enables them to go all over the world taxing people in different countries because they happen to be US citizens. They don't."

BZZ WRONG. ALL US CITIZENS OWE TAXES ON ANY INCOME (OFFSET BY THOSE TAX TREATIES/TAXES PAID)

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

"Your taxes are paid on the income you claim in the US. If I make $10 million in Germany and claim it as income in the US, then I pay taxes on it."

BZZ WRONG. There is no double taxation, that's what the treaties do. UNLESS it's from a TAX HAVEN then YOU PROBABLY will OWE US taxes if you bring it back!

BUT IF YOU MAKE $10,000,000 IN GERMANY, AND PAY THEIR TAX RATES, YOUR US BURDEN WOULD BE ZERO, BECAUSE THEY HAVE A HIGHER TAX BURDEN, YOU CAN BRING THE MONEY HOME ANYTIME, WITHOUT DOUBLE TAXATION!!!!

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

BZZ WRONG.

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

"I made $5 million IN Germany... got it? I paid income taxes on it, TO Germany? Following me? The money is still IN Germany, in a German bank, collecting German interest. Each year, I have to pay Germany tax on the interest dividends."

COOL. AND YOU ARE REQUIRED TO REPORT THAT TO US TAX AUTHORITY

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

"It is NOT US INCOME! It doesn't ever BECOME US income unless I bring it to the US and claim it as income. If I do that, I will be taxed AGAIN."

BZZ WRONG, AGAIN, ALL INCOME FROM ANY SOURCE WHETHER YOU ARE ON US SOIL OR TEA-BAGGERSTAN OR GERMANY, IS REQUIRED TO BE REPORTED TO US TAX AUTHORITY, BUT SINCE (AGAIN) GERMANY HAS A HIGHER TAX BURDEN, THERE WOULD PROB BE NO NEW US TAX BURDEN IF YOU BRING THE MONEY TO THE US!

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

"My plan is to eliminate double taxation. Repatriate that wealth and create new jobs with it."

YOUR "PLAN" DO SOMETHING ABOUT SOMETHING THAT'S NOT BEING DONE??? LOL

Lot's of fun showing that YOU are not only a stupid MF but a liar too Bubs

NEXT

LMAOROG

Last edited:
Sure Bubs, sure:

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

BZZ WRONG.

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

DUMBASS SAYS:

DUMBASS SAYS:

LOL

I've already addressed your error several times. We're not talking about income when we're talking about my wealth asset. It's not income. It won't ever be income unless I withdraw it and claim it as income. IF I DO THAT... THEN all this stuff you are posting applies. UNTIL I DO THAT, it's NOT INCOME! CAN'T BE INCOME! WON'T BE TURNED MAGICALLY INTO INCOME BECAUSE YOU WANT IT TO BE!

Sure Bubs, sure:

DUMBASS SAYS:

Again... You can keep posting this spam as much as you like, it's in error because you keep talking about "income" and I don't have foreign income. I keep saying I don't have income and you keep saying "all income is taxed" and we're not making contact with your brain, apparently.

When I earned the income back in 1988, I paid Germany income taxes. I did not owe US taxes on the income. That income went into a securities investment which is now a wealth asset. It gains value each year and it rolls over into the investment, it is not claimed as income. If I ever take it out of the securities investment and bring it to the US, it counts as income... even though I already paid income tax on it in 1988. Some of it would only be subject to capital gains tax rates... but none of it is taxable in the US unless it is claimed as income. We do not tax wealth assets in America.

Look... This is the same thing as equity growth in your home. You own a home worth $200k in 2015... you do not owe income tax on your $200k home... it is an asset, not income. In 2016, the value of your home increased to $250k... you do not owe taxes on the $50k value your home gained any more than you owe tax on the home itself. We don't tax assets, we tax income. Because the value of your asset increased, doesn't make you liable for tax on the increase in value. Now... IF I SELL MY HOME... different deal! THEN the money becomes earned income from the sale of property. It's a completely different ballgame.

"When I earned the income back in 1988, I paid Germany income taxes. I did not owe US taxes on the income."

Prob did not "owe" taxes BUT you were REQUIRED to report the income to the treasury, since Germany's tax rate would've been higher than the US, no taxes would've been owed in the US!

Yes GROWTH from that asset IS SUBJECT TO TAXATION FROM THE NATION EARNED WHEN CASHED OUT (or dividends are paid (which you said repeatedly happened) AND subject to US taxation IF US citizen BUT you get credit for foreign taxes paid!!).

Weird how YOU don't understand how double taxation YOU argued against earlier, doesn't really happen in the US on individuals income!

Yep.... walk it all back... that's right, pinhead. Nothing is "income" until it's cashed out. I never said dividends were paid, in fact, I specifically addressed the difference between a "dividend value" and an a "dividend received" which you had erroneously confused numerous times. I get a statement each year, telling me my dividend value, should I decide to receive my dividend as income. I decline. It remains a wealth asset or holding and it will remain that until I cash it out.

So don't you feel really silly now? All this time you've spent constructing these beautifully formatted posts... colored letters in bold... research time spent at the IRS website to find all the ammo you needed to take Boss down.... all for nothing because you didn't listen.

Weird Bubba, I get attacked ALL day by the right wing, but not ONE single person has chimed in and defended your lying POS ass? Weird right Bubs?

i guess maybe because i actually copy and paste your actual words????

Just saying Bubba

LMAO

Sure Bubs, sure:

DUMBASS SAYS:

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

BZZ WRONG.

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

BUT IF YOU MAKE $10,000,000 IN GERMANY, AND PAY THEIR TAX RATES, YOUR US BURDEN WOULD BE ZERO, BECAUSE THEY HAVE A HIGHER TAX BURDEN, YOU CAN BRING THE MONEY HOME ANYTIME, WITHOUT DOUBLE TAXATION!!!!

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

BZZ WRONG.

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

"I made $5 million IN Germany... got it? I paid income taxes on it, TO Germany? Following me? The money is still IN Germany, in a German bank, collecting German interest. Each year, I have to pay Germany tax on the interest dividends."

"It is NOT US INCOME! It doesn't ever BECOME US income unless I bring it to the US and claim it as income. If I do that, I will be taxed AGAIN."

BZZ WRONG, AGAIN, ALL INCOME FROM ANY SOURCE WHETHER YOU ARE ON US SOIL OR TEA-BAGGERSTAN OR GERMANY, IS REQUIRED TO BE REPORTED TO US TAX AUTHORITY, BUT SINCE (AGAIN) GERMANY HAS A HIGHER TAX BURDEN, THERE WOULD PROB BE NO NEW US TAX BURDEN IF YOU BRING THE MONEY TO THE US!

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

"My plan is to eliminate double taxation. Repatriate that wealth and create new jobs with it."

NEXT

LMAOROG

capital!

Sure Bubs, sure:

DUMBASS SAYS:

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

BZZ WRONG.

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

BZZ WRONG.

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

NEXT

LMAOROG

capital!

Freedom!

There ya' go! Change of heart?

Just thought we were throwing out random words?

Freedom isn't random.

And it's not he BS right wingers scream about either!

Any more random word games or are you going to ATTEMPT to back up the LIAR Boss when he CLEARLY meant INCOME NOT asset appreciation (or as you put it "capital")

I'll wait for SOMEONE to take issue with that LIAR Boss from the right, (since SUPPOSEDLY the "left" ALWAYS protects the left) IF any of you Klowns are EVER honest? Just saying, his OWN WORDS prove he lied and didn't understand his own premises, lol

Freedom isn't random.

Any more random word games or are you going to ATTEMPT to back up the LIAR Boss when he CLEARLY meant INCOME NOT asset appreciation (opr as you put it "capital")

I'll wait for SOMEONE to take issue with that LIAR Boss from the right, (since SUPPOSEDLY the "left" ALWAYS protects the left) IF any of you Klowns are EVER honest? Just saying, his OWN WORDS prove he lied and didn't understand his own premises, lol

Sorry. TL;DR

Freedom isn't random.

Any more random word games or are you going to ATTEMPT to back up the LIAR Boss when he CLEARLY meant INCOME NOT asset appreciation (opr as you put it "capital")

Sorry. TL;DR

Your failure noted Bubs

Just a real quick input then you all can go back to attacking each other. I spent 5 1/2 years over in Saudi Arabia as a contractor working on the S.A. F-15s. Up to 70k dollars it was tax free except that I had to pay S.S. which was required. Any monies earned over that 70K was going to be taxed at the U.S. rate. So I made sure I didn't go over the 70k. But then I did have a 10k deduction for having my family over there, so I took 10k of stock profit burned it off, claimed it on my 1040 and after 3 years, used up 30k of profits for about 600 dollars. Was this a bad thing I did, or did I follow the LAW, and used what I knew to my benefit? For I was wrong, then you can bet Bill Gates(Liberal) Warren Buffet(Liberal), Al Gore(Liberal) and any other liberal elite has done wrong, worse than me, yet you dumbasses keep voting for them.

Next time you just need to "burn through some money"; why not lookup a venture on EquityNet and fund a venture. If you do some planning, you could potentially defer income for several years until the venture becomes profitable.

Just a real quick input then you all can go back to attacking each other. I spent 5 1/2 years over in Saudi Arabia as a contractor working on the S.A. F-15s. Up to 70k dollars it was tax free except that I had to pay S.S. which was required. Any monies earned over that 70K was going to be taxed at the U.S. rate. So I made sure I didn't go over the 70k. But then I did have a 10k deduction for having my family over there, so I took 10k of stock profit burned it off, claimed it on my 1040 and after 3 years, used up 30k of profits for about 600 dollars. Was this a bad thing I did, or did I follow the LAW, and used what I knew to my benefit? For I was wrong, then you can bet Bill Gates(Liberal) Warren Buffet(Liberal), Al Gore(Liberal) and any other liberal elite has done wrong, worse than me, yet you dumbasses keep voting for them.

You mean you didn't pay Saudi's 0% personal income tax rate? lol

Even though the IRS mandates every taxpayer to report international income, it also allows for various deductions which lessen the impact of US income tax liability. The primary deductions which help to prevent double taxation and reduce the taxes you owe in the US are:

If you take advantage of these deductions when filing a US expat tax return, you may be able to escape all tax liability with the United States. It’s important to understand, however, that even if you wind up owing nothing to the US after having taken all the deductions available to you, you are still required to file a US expat tax return

US Expat Tax Considerations for Americans Working in Saudi Arabia

Bill Gates and Warren Buffet? Oh right the guys giving away their wealth, unlike the CONservatives Koch brothers/Walton's!

I think the rich should ABSOLUTELY pay more because the majority of them are selfish and don't care about anybody but themselves! Trust me, if you are a millionaire, it is NOT going to hurt you if you just pay a little more in taxes. I believe that if you are a good and righteous person, you would want to help the poor or people that are less fortunate. It's as simple as that! People need to stop being so selfish.

Need to get past the rhetoric and realize who pays taxes...

Unfortunately the chances of you figuring this out are pretty slim...

The wealthiest of Americans pay the bulk of our tax revenue...

The issue is when are you going to figure this out and quit electing the Liberal Left POS that manipulate with such basic divide and conquer issues?

Even though the IRS mandates every taxpayer to report international income, it also allows for various deductions which lessen the impact of US income tax liability. The primary deductions which help to prevent double taxation and reduce the taxes you owe in the US are:

If you take advantage of these deductions when filing a US expat tax return, you may be able to escape all tax liability with the United States. It’s important to understand, however, that even if you wind up owing nothing to the US after having taken all the deductions available to you, you are still required to file a US expat tax return

Bill Gates and Warren Buffet? Oh right the guys giving away their wealth, unlike the CONservatives Koch brothers/Walton's!
Did you know that Warren Buffet(who pays less taxes than his secretary) denied the union middleclass jobs, because he opposed the Keystone Pipeline, so HIS railroads could continue bringing the oil from Canada to the gulf? Bet you didn't know that. Did you know that Bill Gates, is wanting cheap labor from India because Americans are paid too much for the same work? Oh you didn't know that. The liberals always talk about their "COMPASSION", but as long as the liberal elites are in for the fight, they can screw over America, and their low information useful idiots, just adore them. Oh well, stupid is as stupid votes, and Bill Gates, and Warren Buffet has made more billions since Obama took office, who has now got more people in poverty in the history of America. Slap yourselves on the back, you "HAVE" fundamentally transformed America, into the 3rd world nation, you love so much.

I think the rich should ABSOLUTELY pay more because the majority of them are selfish and don't care about anybody but themselves! Trust me, if you are a millionaire, it is NOT going to hurt you if you just pay a little more in taxes. I believe that if you are a good and righteous person, you would want to help the poor or people that are less fortunate. It's as simple as that! People need to stop being so selfish.

The issue is when are you going to figure this out and quit electing the Liberal Left POS that manipulate with such basic divide and conquer issues?

if you play poker you may realize that those with more money on the table, generally have an advantage in gaining even more money.......same with an economy......

so the rich should pay more in taxes

also because history has shown that the government, no matter how much certain pols claim they want to cut...doesnt get cut.........so at least tax the rich enough so that we can pay down our debt and not become like greece.

Did you know that Warren Buffet(who pays less taxes than his secretary) denied the union middleclass jobs, because he opposed the Keystone Pipeline, so HIS railroads could continue bringing the oil from Canada to the gulf? Bet you didn't know that. Did you know that Bill Gates, is wanting cheap labor from India because Americans are paid too much for the same work? Oh you didn't know that. The liberals always talk about their "COMPASSION", but as long as the liberal elites are in for the fight, they can screw over America, and their low information useful idiots, just adore them. Oh well, stupid is as stupid votes, and Bill Gates, and Warren Buffet has made more billions since Obama took office, who has now got more people in poverty in the history of America. Slap yourselves on the back, you "HAVE" fundamentally transformed America, into the 3rd world nation, you love so much.

can you blame the rich liberals if they take advantage of the laws republican suck-ups to the rich pass? I think not.........

if you play poker you may realize that those with more money on the table, generally have an advantage in gaining even more money.......same with an economy......

also because history has shown that the government, no matter how much certain pols claim they want to cut...doesnt get cut.........so at least tax the rich enough so that we can pay down our debt and not become like greece.
1. The wealthy already pay more in taxes.
2. There isn't enough there to eliminate the Obama deficit and pay down the debt.
3. Any new revenue to the treasury would trigger an automatic feeding frenzy from the democrats that would more than completely swamp any gains with new spending.

Thinking you can just tax the rich more and fix the debt is a fool's dream.

Basically, you suggesting that "those who do better, should be punished". Is that really the kind of world you want to live in?

A flat tax of 10%, would take the same percentage from every person in a fair way.

Fair.... is equality under the law.

Fair is not, you make wise choices with your life, so you lose 50% of your income. Thanks for working as a slave of the state.

That's not fair dude.

And by the way, the whole lesson from Greece is that 'tax the rich' doesn't work. They taxed the rich.... the rich left..... Greece is broke.

Expecting to follow the same pattern, and end up with a different result is crazy.

Forum List

Back