Should The Rich Be Required To Pay Higher Taxes In the US?

Just a real quick input then you all can go back to attacking each other. I spent 5 1/2 years over in Saudi Arabia as a contractor working on the S.A. F-15s. Up to 70k dollars it was tax free except that I had to pay S.S. which was required. Any monies earned over that 70K was going to be taxed at the U.S. rate. So I made sure I didn't go over the 70k. But then I did have a 10k deduction for having my family over there, so I took 10k of stock profit burned it off, claimed it on my 1040 and after 3 years, used up 30k of profits for about 600 dollars. Was this a bad thing I did, or did I follow the LAW, and used what I knew to my benefit? For I was wrong, then you can bet Bill Gates(Liberal) Warren Buffet(Liberal), Al Gore(Liberal) and any other liberal elite has done wrong, worse than me, yet you dumbasses keep voting for them.

You mean you didn't pay Saudi's 0% personal income tax rate? lol

Even though the IRS mandates every taxpayer to report international income, it also allows for various deductions which lessen the impact of US income tax liability. The primary deductions which help to prevent double taxation and reduce the taxes you owe in the US are:

If you take advantage of these deductions when filing a US expat tax return, you may be able to escape all tax liability with the United States. It’s important to understand, however, that even if you wind up owing nothing to the US after having taken all the deductions available to you, you are still required to file a US expat tax return

US Expat Tax Considerations for Americans Working in Saudi Arabia

Bill Gates and Warren Buffet? Oh right the guys giving away their wealth, unlike the CONservatives Koch brothers/Walton's!
Bill Gates and Warren Buffet? Oh right the guys giving away their wealth, unlike the CONservatives Koch brothers/Walton's!
Did you know that Warren Buffet(who pays less taxes than his secretary) denied the union middleclass jobs, because he opposed the Keystone Pipeline, so HIS railroads could continue bringing the oil from Canada to the gulf? Bet you didn't know that. Did you know that Bill Gates, is wanting cheap labor from India because Americans are paid too much for the same work? Oh you didn't know that. The liberals always talk about their "COMPASSION", but as long as the liberal elites are in for the fight, they can screw over America, and their low information useful idiots, just adore them. Oh well, stupid is as stupid votes, and Bill Gates, and Warren Buffet has made more billions since Obama took office, who has now got more people in poverty in the history of America. Slap yourselves on the back, you "HAVE" fundamentally transformed America, into the 3rd world nation, you love so much.

can you blame the rich liberals if they take advantage of the laws republican suck-ups to the rich pass? I think not.........

What specific law are you saying no liberal passed?

I think the rich should ABSOLUTELY pay more because the majority of them are selfish and don't care about anybody but themselves! Trust me, if you are a millionaire, it is NOT going to hurt you if you just pay a little more in taxes. I believe that if you are a good and righteous person, you would want to help the poor or people that are less fortunate. It's as simple as that! People need to stop being so selfish.

Need to get past the rhetoric and realize who pays taxes...

Unfortunately the chances of you figuring this out are pretty slim...

The wealthiest of Americans pay the bulk of our tax revenue...

The issue is when are you going to figure this out and quit electing the Liberal Left POS that manipulate with such basic divide and conquer issues?

if you play poker you may realize that those with more money on the table, generally have an advantage in gaining even more money.......same with an economy......

so the rich should pay more in taxes

also because history has shown that the government, no matter how much certain pols claim they want to cut...doesnt get cut.........so at least tax the rich enough so that we can pay down our debt and not become like greece.
1. The wealthy already pay more in taxes.
2. There isn't enough there to eliminate the Obama deficit and pay down the debt.
3. Any new revenue to the treasury would trigger an automatic feeding frenzy from the democrats that would more than completely swamp any gains with new spending.

Thinking you can just tax the rich more and fix the debt is a fool's dream.

well they need to pay more to help pay down the debt faster......

3. is a straw man argument, a convenient one for those wishing to bankrupt this country. Clinton is one Democrat that proves you wrong, he ran, I believe, a brief budget surplus. as maybe Obama has also.....both undoubtedly ran better budgets than the Bushes and Reagan.

Just a real quick input then you all can go back to attacking each other. I spent 5 1/2 years over in Saudi Arabia as a contractor working on the S.A. F-15s. Up to 70k dollars it was tax free except that I had to pay S.S. which was required. Any monies earned over that 70K was going to be taxed at the U.S. rate. So I made sure I didn't go over the 70k. But then I did have a 10k deduction for having my family over there, so I took 10k of stock profit burned it off, claimed it on my 1040 and after 3 years, used up 30k of profits for about 600 dollars. Was this a bad thing I did, or did I follow the LAW, and used what I knew to my benefit? For I was wrong, then you can bet Bill Gates(Liberal) Warren Buffet(Liberal), Al Gore(Liberal) and any other liberal elite has done wrong, worse than me, yet you dumbasses keep voting for them.

Even though the IRS mandates every taxpayer to report international income, it also allows for various deductions which lessen the impact of US income tax liability. The primary deductions which help to prevent double taxation and reduce the taxes you owe in the US are:

If you take advantage of these deductions when filing a US expat tax return, you may be able to escape all tax liability with the United States. It’s important to understand, however, that even if you wind up owing nothing to the US after having taken all the deductions available to you, you are still required to file a US expat tax return

Did you know that Warren Buffet(who pays less taxes than his secretary) denied the union middleclass jobs, because he opposed the Keystone Pipeline, so HIS railroads could continue bringing the oil from Canada to the gulf? Bet you didn't know that. Did you know that Bill Gates, is wanting cheap labor from India because Americans are paid too much for the same work? Oh you didn't know that. The liberals always talk about their "COMPASSION", but as long as the liberal elites are in for the fight, they can screw over America, and their low information useful idiots, just adore them. Oh well, stupid is as stupid votes, and Bill Gates, and Warren Buffet has made more billions since Obama took office

Your ignorance , who has now got more people in poverty in the history of America. Slap yourselves on the back, you "HAVE" fundamentally transformed America, into the 3rd world nation, you love so much.

YOUR ignorance noted Bubs, that oil goes on trains INSTEAD OF KEYSTONE TODAY. MORE MIDDLE CLASS JOBS. Thanks Mr Buffet

Gates wants more India workers? Oh you mean the visa the GOP support?

Guess which BROTHERS have more than doubled their wealth since Obama? Oh right THE KOCH'S

Yes, Buffet/Gates are just Corp hoarders, WHO BOTH ARE GIVING AWAY THEIR WEALTH, HOW ABOUT THE KOCH'S/WALTONS? lol

DOES BUFFET/GATES SUPPORT A MIN 30% TAX ON THOSE MAKING $1,000,000+ ? lol

I think the rich should ABSOLUTELY pay more because the majority of them are selfish and don't care about anybody but themselves! Trust me, if you are a millionaire, it is NOT going to hurt you if you just pay a little more in taxes. I believe that if you are a good and righteous person, you would want to help the poor or people that are less fortunate. It's as simple as that! People need to stop being so selfish.

The issue is when are you going to figure this out and quit electing the Liberal Left POS that manipulate with such basic divide and conquer issues?

if you play poker you may realize that those with more money on the table, generally have an advantage in gaining even more money.......same with an economy......

also because history has shown that the government, no matter how much certain pols claim they want to cut...doesnt get cut.........so at least tax the rich enough so that we can pay down our debt and not become like greece.

Basically, you suggesting that "those who do better, should be punished". Is that really the kind of world you want to live in?

A flat tax of 10%, would take the same percentage from every person in a fair way.

Fair.... is equality under the law.

Fair is not, you make wise choices with your life, so you lose 50% of your income. Thanks for working as a slave of the state.

That's not fair dude.

And by the way, the whole lesson from Greece is that 'tax the rich' doesn't work. They taxed the rich.... the rich left..... Greece is broke.

Expecting to follow the same pattern, and end up with a different result is crazy.

MORE right wing crap

10%? Ok which 2/3rds of Gov't spending you cutting? Even the "FAIR" Tax of 30% falls about 25% short, according to economists

2. There isn't enough there to eliminate the Obama deficit and pay down the debt.
3. Any new revenue to the treasury would trigger an automatic feeding frenzy from the democrats that would more than completely swamp any gains with new spending.

MORE BS

JUST TAX THE TOP 1% DOUBLE (EFFECTIVE) OF TODAY AND THEY PAY 46% RATE AND WIPE OUT THE DEFICIT DUMMY

NOT LIKE THEY EVER PAID THAT MUCH, RIGHT?

average_effective_federal_tax_rates.png

NOT EVEN TALKING THE TOP 5% , JUST THE TOP 1% BUBS, LOL

Did you know that Warren Buffet(who pays less taxes than his secretary) denied the union middleclass jobs, because he opposed the Keystone Pipeline, so HIS railroads could continue bringing the oil from Canada to the gulf? Bet you didn't know that. Did you know that Bill Gates, is wanting cheap labor from India because Americans are paid too much for the same work? Oh you didn't know that. The liberals always talk about their "COMPASSION", but as long as the liberal elites are in for the fight, they can screw over America, and their low information useful idiots, just adore them. Oh well, stupid is as stupid votes, and Bill Gates, and Warren Buffet has made more billions since Obama took office, who has now got more people in poverty in the history of America. Slap yourselves on the back, you "HAVE" fundamentally transformed America, into the 3rd world nation, you love so much.

can you blame the rich liberals if they take advantage of the laws republican suck-ups to the rich pass? I think not.........

What specific law are you saying no liberal passed?

DUBYA'S TAX CUTS OF 2001 AND 2003 GOT WHAT, 6 TOTAL DEM VOTES? They cost the US treasury $3+ trillion the first ten years

WHERE WAS THE BENEFIT AGAIN??

This is a rhetorical question, you do realize we who do pay taxes cut refunds to individuals who don't pay a dime?

If you want to balance the budget realize this is one of the problems, tell me what the percentage and amount is of non tax paying citizens and I'll bet you lunch we can balance the budget...

3. is a straw man argument, a convenient one for those wishing to bankrupt this country. Clinton is one Democrat that proves you wrong, he ran, I believe, a brief budget surplus. as maybe Obama has also.....both undoubtedly ran better budgets than the Bushes and Reagan.

You act as if you can just "make them pay it". You can't.

Do you not realize how many hundreds of wealthy have a salary of $1? Warren Buffet's salary is $100,000 a year.

What tax hike do you propose we pass, that will make the rich pay more tax?

Again, this whole ideology is exactly what Greece tried to do. They tried to "make the rich pay the debt"... and look how that turned out.

This is a rhetorical question, you do realize we who do pay taxes cut refunds to individuals who don't pay a dime?

If you want to balance the budget realize this is one of the problems, tell me what the percentage and amount is of non tax paying citizens and I'll bet you lunch we can balance the budget...

I'LL TAKE THAT BET BUBS

BOTTOM 50% OF US MAKE A WHOPPING 11% OF ALL US REVENUES (ABOUT THE SAME AS THE TOP 1/10TH OF 1% OF US)

They average LESS than $15,000 PER FAMILY IF THEY HAD THE SAME SHARE OF INCOME THEY HAD PRE REAGANOMICS (1980) THEY WOULD HAVE AN ADDITIONAL ALMOST $5,000 PER FAMILY!

So here is total taxes -- which includes corporate taxes, income taxes, payroll taxes, state sales taxes, and more -- paid by different income groups and broken into federal and state and local burdens:
state-local-federal-taxes-income.jpg

WHO WILL BALANCE THE BUDGET? THE BOTTOM HALF OF US MAKING LES THAN $15,000 PER FAMILY? LOL

The one tax graph you really need to know

Tax data here:
Summary of Latest Federal Income Tax Data

Last edited:

You act as if you can just "make them pay it". You can't.

Do you not realize how many hundreds of wealthy have a salary of $1? Warren Buffet's salary is $100,000 a year.

What tax hike do you propose we pass, that will make the rich pay more tax?

Again, this whole ideology is exactly what Greece tried to do. They tried to "make the rich pay the debt"... and look how that turned out.

WEIRD, You think taxes are ONLY paid on salary? A few years ago when Buffet made that OPED, he said his INCOME was $40+ million TAXED at a lower percentage than his secretary, like MOST billionaires

WHY DON'T YOU AND THE GOP SUPPORT BUFFETT'S RULE FROM OBAMA, MIN 30% FED TAX "BURDEN" ON $1,000,000+ INCOMES?

GREECE HUH? Nothing ELSE happened just AFTER they got in a hole they upped rates? NOT like over 25% of their economy is black market and doesn't pay a tax burden right? CONservatives MUST love that right?

Banksters didn't become "creative" with Greece's debt to get them into the EU right (costing BILLIONS Banksters profited on)?

For the Dimwitted...

Tax Cuts cost NOTHING.

The US treasury isnt owed a specific amount, didnt own it and certainly didnt earn it. It belongs to the folks that it was taken from. Thanks.

For the Dimwitted...

Tax Cuts cost NOTHING.

The US treasury isnt owed a specific amount, didnt own it and certainly didnt earn it. It belongs to the folks that it was taken from. Thanks.

UNLESS YOU CUT SPENDING, GUTTING TAXES LIKE THE GOP TEND TO DO, ALL YOU GET ARE DEFICITS BUBS

Weird Carter AND Clinton had US at 20% of GDP, AND Dubya took US down to BELOW 15% of GDP AS HE RAMPED UP GOV''T SPENDING (2 UNFUNDED WARS, UNFUNDED MEDICARE EXPANSION, "Homeland sec", etc)

Dont the Greeks understand that all they need to do is borrow, spend, and stimulate the economy with taxpayer infusions.......

Oh wait, theyre learning the consequences of that obvious foolishness now.....

Unions Unite !!!!!!!! Lmfao

Did you know that Warren Buffet(who pays less taxes than his secretary)

He pays a smaller percentage not less...
That's a lie. He pays more and a larger percentage.

In August 2011, Warren Buffett wrote an opinion piece in the New York Times in which he made the assertion that his 2010 “federal tax rate” of 17.4 percent was 18.6 percentage points less than the 36.0 percent average rate paid by the 20 other workers in his office.

Buffett has been advocating for a minimum tax on top wage earners -- those like himself who benefit from the fact that capital gains are taxed at a lower rate than regular earnings. His proposal, popularly known as the Buffett rule,(MIN 30% ON $1,000,000+ INCOMES!) has the support of the Obama administration but is strongly opposed by Republicans in Congress.

Buffett says he's still paying lower tax rate than his secretary

Let me guess? Buffet is "wrong" because he uses the payroll taxes the office pays? LIKE THE CBO, TREASURY, etc do too when figuring EFFECTIVE tax rates?

Dont the Greeks understand that all they need to do is borrow, spend, and stimulate the economy with taxpayer infusions.......

Oh wait, theyre learning the consequences of that obvious foolishness now.....

Unions Unite !!!!!!!! Lmfao

One day, perhaps, you'll be able to join the grownup and use full sentences and ever paragraphs Bubba? Doubt it but who knows?

not sure where your going with this...the least wealthy often dont make enough to pay INCOME taxes...but taxing them more would be foolish since you cant squeeze blood from a turnip as they say.

Democrat's should be required to pay higher taxes since they feel we're not taxed enough....
They want higher taxes....Then they should cut a check to the IRS when they file their tax returns...

Forum List

Back