Simple question to gun advocates

More people have been killed by mass murderers than have been caught illegally voting.

So what do they do?
They enact more restrictive voter ID laws, and relax the laws preventing the mentally ill from getting guns.
geez, hard to imagine that you being on the wrong side of constitutional rights is where all that pain is coming from...are you still reeling from the election as well?...it's ok if you are, many many lefties are still kicking their moms and crying that no one loves them anymore

geez, hard to imagine that you being on the wrong side of constitutional rights is where all that pain is coming from..

You know the constitution grants rights to "the people" and to the "person"

Heller changed the right of the people to the right of the person. Scalia had to do quite a dance to do that, and yet not negate the 1934 NFA, 1968 CGA, or 1986 Hughes Amendment to the Crime Act

It sounds like you are arguing/debating with someone who is not in this thread

You linked gun laws, and voter laws.
...so you like the gun laws and the voter I.D. laws both and would not change a thing?
Now you sound lost...you quoted me quoting you to show it was me linking gun and voter I.D. laws, tell ya what, if it was me who linked them then I apologize because one has nothing to do with the other and it is pure foolishness to pretend they do...you agree?...this response should be interesting since I strongly suspect you will not agree or disagree but instead take the left fork in the road and answer a question you wish was asked

Exactly the point he was trying to make. The shooter actually used simi-auto weapons. It really would have made little if any difference

He was an accountant,
Full auto machine gun = $10,000
Semi-auto + bump stock = $700

Only the AR's he was using were all 1,500 bucks and over. You forgot he was a multi millionaire. No law that you can think of would prevent him from doing what he wanted to do.

Only the AR's he was using were all 1,500 bucks and over. You forgot he was a multi millionaire. No law that you can think of would prevent him from doing what he wanted to do.

The AR's over $1,500. That sounds like genuine colt models, made to mil-spec. Made by the same folks, from the same stuff as what they sell the government.

And they kept jamming? What kind of cheap guns does colt sell to the US government?

OK so when you can tell who will commit a crime with a gun in the future you let me know
Until then I'll keep my guns

Nobody wants to take away your guns. They are only after certain accessories

Jut like New York isn't taking away anybodies car, but they did outlaw dark window tints, and license plate obscuring covers..

As usual, you are either wrong, or you're lying.... The really big one is the bottom link...

Repeal the Second Amendment
Opinion | Repeal the Second Amendment

Michael Moore Calls for Repeal of 'Ancient & Outdated' 2nd Amendment

Katy Tur Suggests Repealing 2nd Amendment Should Be Democrats' End Goal

JOINT RESOLUTION

Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States repealing the Second Amendment to the Constitution.

• Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled (two-thirds of each House concurring therein), That the following article is proposed as an amendment to the Constitution of the United States, which shall be valid for all intents and purposes as part of the Constitution when ratified by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years after the date of its submission for ratification:

Text of H.J.Res. 81 (103rd): Gun Control (Repeal the 2nd Amendment) (Introduced version) - GovTrack.us

The AR's over $1,500. That sounds like genuine colt models, made to mil-spec. Made by the same folks, from the same stuff as what they sell the government.

And they kept jamming? What kind of cheap guns does colt sell to the US government?

They kept jamming because of the bump stocks. That's one of the "undocumented features" of bump stocks.

The text of the bill below is as of Jan 27, 1993 (Introduced).

Did it even get out of committee?

Died in a previous Congress

This resolution was introduced on January 27, 1993, in a previous session of Congress, but was not enacted.

This joint resolution was introduced in the 103rd Congress, which met from Jan 5, 1993 to Dec 1, 1994. Legislation not enacted by the end of a Congress is cleared from the books.

The 50+ bills to repeal obamacare got passed by the house.

Last edited:

You're confusing them with Al Franken, who hasn't called for repeal of the 2nd amendment, and is the one in congress and not making political movies and books.

Pelosi has, and so has feinstein in the past, it is just a matter of time.

\
Did it even get out of committee?

No. But it still exists, waiting for the right moment to rear it's ugly head.

I'm sorry you missed my edits.

Died in a previous Congress

This resolution was introduced on January 27, 1993, in a previous session of Congress, but was not enacted.

This joint resolution was introduced in the 103rd Congress, which met from Jan 5, 1993 to Dec 1, 1994. Legislation not enacted by the end of a Congress is cleared from the books.

It does not exist, and hasn't since 1994

I'm fine with automatic weapons being banned. But if we give the gun control freaks and inch they take a mile, look lets be honest the gun control lobby their goal is to ban guns, period. It doesn't matter how much we compromise with those assholes they will just keep coming back until there is a full ban on private gun ownership.
If you support banning automatic weapons then wouldn't it make sense to ban the bump stocks that turn semi's into autos? also anything else that gives the mass destruction capabilities which is at the heart of why the Autos were banned?

You can ban bump stocks, but they can be easily made at home, and someone as extreme or as sick as the Las Vegas murderer was wouldn't care whether they were illegal or not.
Go ahead and ban them, I really don't care, but do so knowing that it's not going to make any difference when it comes to an event like Las Vegas.
It's simply window dressing that apparently will make some people feel better.

You can ban bump stocks, but they can be easily made at home, and someone as extreme or as sick as the Las Vegas murderer was wouldn't care whether they were illegal or not.
Go ahead and ban them,.
If they're made illegal, the person has to practice far from the maddening crowd. He can't take them to the gun range, or where other people might hear or see them.

Coincidence that republicans want to also bring back silencers?

Up to 40% of guns used in crimes, including murder, came from private gun sales which remain largely unregulated. The often mislabeled "gun show loophole"

That depends... for example, here in MA private sales are still required to fill out the State firearms transfer paperwork and mail it to the Criminal History Records Bureau in Boston. The CHRB is supposed to review the paperwork and do the background check. Except THEY DON'T DO IT. They claim to be too overloaded with permit applications to do the transfer checks.

Up to 40% of guns used in crimes, including murder, came from private gun sales which remain largely unregulated. The often mislabeled "gun show loophole"

That depends... for example, here in MA private sales are still required to fill out the State firearms transfer paperwork and mail it to the Criminal History Records Bureau in Boston. The CHRB is supposed to review the paperwork and do the background check. Except THEY DON'T DO IT. They claim to be too overloaded with permit applications to do the transfer checks.

You left this out of my post.

In florida you can buy a gun without a government photo ID. But you can't vote without one.

MA also has an income tax while FL doesn't. Crooks don't buy guns in MA, but they can in FL.

Forum List

Back