Since 1999 the chance a public school student being killed by a gun in school is 1 in 614,000,000

I guess more useless gun law aren't needed either, RIGHT? Why not be consistent? Or are you just another typical regressive hypocrite?

No. Dumbshit.

The gun problem is way larger than school shootings.

We def need more gun laws. Smart people know this.

Maybe it would be smarter to actually enforce the laws already on the books.

Yeah. That’s a plan.

The Parkland shooter could have been arrested multiple times, it wasn't done, who's fault is that?

As a juvenile, for misdomeanors . Wouldn’t show up on a background check .

In other states they would’ve stopped him. Not Florida .

Violently attacking a teacher and other students isn't a misdemeanor and bringing bullets into a gun free zone is not a misdemeanor

Which red state school has the kind of security that you’d like to model?
Texas

Teachers/staff can apply for a license and special release to carry concealed at school.

Also, public universities are no longer "gun-free" zones, meaning anyone with a license can carry concealed on any state college or university campus.

That's what caused the whole "cocks not glocks" campaign at the burnt orange school for the retarded hippie in Austin.
Which school? How many armed defenders per student? What’s required to determine a school safe?

Just getting rid of the democrat gun free zone status will do the trick....since we know from actual mass shooters that they target democrat gun free zones.....armed guards are nice, but trained and armed staff are better since shooters can't know who is and isn't carrying a gun, which will make them stop targeting schools

Parkland had an armed deputy .

Who didn't go into the building. He was one guard for a campus of 3,000 people and over 10 separate buildings....and then he didn't go in......

YES.. I REALLY do and more importantly... I am not saying that...researchers are. Words from a mass killer...
Does media coverage of mass murders encourage others to kill?
The most compelling anecdotal evidence of a copycat effect may have come from the
26-year-old who killed 10 students at Umpqua Community College in Oregon in 2015.

In a blog post about the television journalist who killed two of his former colleagues in Virginia earlier that year, he wrote,
“I have noticed that so many people like him are all alone and unknown,
yet when they spill a little blood, the whole world knows who they are.
A man who was known by no one, is now known by everyone.
His face splashed across every screen, his name across the lips of every person on the planet, all in the course of one day.
Seems the more people you kill, the more you’re in the limelight.”

Now from researchers:
Writing in The Atlantic in 2012, sociologist Zeynep Tufekci argued that the news media ought to tone down coverage of shooting sprees in the same way they modulated their coverage of suicides when it was feared that such deaths had become “contagious” in the 1980s. Among Tufekci’s recommendations:
Avoid specifying the killer’s choice of weapons, avoid quoting his writings or utterances, delay releasing the suspect’s name
and, to not add to the traumatizing of victims and their loved ones, resist the urge to interview victims and loved ones.

Does media coverage of mass murders encourage others to kill?

So WHERE is YOUR proof that MSM blasting the airwaves 7/24 DOESN"T INFLUENCE these weak minded people that want their 15 minutes of FAME?

Blah. Blah. Blah.

Your own thread title tells us that we need not worry about school shooters.

Why not just be consistent.

More guns in schools are not needed for student safety.

Next fake outrage. Asshole.

I guess more useless gun law aren't needed either, RIGHT? Why not be consistent? Or are you just another typical regressive hypocrite?

No. Dumbshit.

No...what we need is for democrats to stop letting violent gun criminals out of jail......

Yeah ok. How about we just keep Big guns away from psychos .

Sure, tell us how to do that. Since the Parkland authorities wanted to commit the shooter but decided not to....

Which red state school has the kind of security that you’d like to model?
Texas

Teachers/staff can apply for a license and special release to carry concealed at school.

Also, public universities are no longer "gun-free" zones, meaning anyone with a license can carry concealed on any state college or university campus.

That's what caused the whole "cocks not glocks" campaign at the burnt orange school for the retarded hippie in Austin.
Which school? How many armed defenders per student? What’s required to determine a school safe?

Just getting rid of the democrat gun free zone status will do the trick....since we know from actual mass shooters that they target democrat gun free zones.....armed guards are nice, but trained and armed staff are better since shooters can't know who is and isn't carrying a gun, which will make them stop targeting schools

Parkland had an armed deputy .

One deputy for all of this...

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland | Facts about the site of mass shooting

The school at 5901 NW Pine Island Rd. serves 3,208 students from grades nine through twelve and has about 129 teachers. Home of the Eagles, the school motto is “Be positive. Be passionate. Be proud to be an Eagle.”

upload_2018-4-1_6-42-40-png.185773

$

No. Dumbshit.

Yeah. That’s a plan.

The Parkland shooter could have been arrested multiple times, it wasn't done, who's fault is that?

He twice put a gun to peoples heads, he could have been charged as an adult, he also could have been charged as an adult for domestic violence, the cops and prosecutors, didn't do their jobs.

Since 1999 the chance a public school student being killed by a gun in school is 1 in 614,000,000

it would be less if we get rid of these dangerous liberal projects

today Broward County school and law enforcement officials

admitted that cruz was in a diversionary program

No. Dumbshit.

Yeah. That’s a plan.

He twice put a gun to peoples heads, he could have been charged as an adult, he also could have been charged as an adult for domestic violence, the cops and prosecutors, didn't do their jobs.

he was in a diversionary program instead of getting help or corrective action

Broward school district officials admitted Sunday that the confessed Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School gunman was assigned to a controversial disciplinary program, after the superintendent repeatedly claimed Nikolas Cruz had “no connection” to the alternative punishment designed to limit on-campus arrests.

Stoneman Douglas Shooter Was Assigned To Controversial Broward Discipline Program, Officials Now Say

In Mass. he would’ve been denied a gun lic and wouldn’t even have a pistol, never mind an AR.

Florida law lets anyone buy a gun.

CNN report found that 170 districts in the state of Texas have policies allowing teachers or administrators to exercise their right to bear arms on campus.

The Texas Education Agency reported in 2014 that there are 1,247 public school districts across the state. That means less than 14 percent of districts exercise concealed carry policies.

The CNN report followed one district in a rural community north of Dallas where a program not only arms teachers, but it includes annual training on handling active shooters.
Teachers armed at select school districts in Texas
So in a school like Parkland, how many teachers and or armed security guards should there be at a minimum?

As many that are:
1) Qualified
2) Mentally and emotionally stable
3) Fully trained with periodic updates in training
4) Willing to become a target

They will definitely need to be compensated.
What if it’s one, like in Parkland. You good with that? If not then tell me what the standard is going to be?

Again... I gave you the answer to TEACHERS!!!!
Now if Parkland, et.al. want to hire more than TEACHERS that's OK but they and other schools are not going to depend on "TEACHERS" to meet the need.
The common sense statement is if a teacher wants, is qualified, is stable, is trained and WILLING to be a target... how many TEACHERS do you think that would be?
I don't know. But it is AN OPTION.... Do you understand "OPTIONS"?
It shouldn't be THE ONLY solution which I interpret your responses as what you think is the case.
Logical rational people understand the reality of the world.
Until the MSM stops putting these shooters on nightly news/headlines we'll have more regardless of how many armed teachers there are.
The point of the thread is NOT arming teachers but DISARMING the false and FAKE headlines by the MSM! Used to sell advertising.
Why is it you don't take the MSM to task for encouraging these shooters?
Yes I very much understand the realities of the world. You want to arm teachers and pay them more for taking on this responsibility. So now are schools hiring people because they will be defenders or because they are the best teachers? Schools do a lot for bumps in funding so is it possible that many will take advantage of this and the quality of our teachers takes a hit?

What if nobody in a school wants to be an armed defender? Frankly I think it is a silly idea but I’m open to the debate. I think it better to integrate more police, ex police and ex vets for security purposes. But we have people here calling Parkland a gun free zone even though there was an armed guard. So back to my original question. For a school like Parkland, how many armed defenders would you consider needed for adequate minimum security?

So if NO teacher wants to be an armed teacher Fine! BFD! Why though is is a "silly idea"? What makes it silly?
YES it would be better to integrate! But again why not have the same people at are as the latin word "Educator" meaning "to lead"
The Latin word ducere, meaning “to lead,” and its form ductus give us the roots duc and duct. Words from the Latin ducere have something to do with leading.
So why not have again
A) if the teacher is motivated
B) Qualified
C) Trained
D) Mentally and emotional stable(which would be a given wouldn't it? I mean want a mental defective teaching your kid?)

Again you are making too much of a simple idea. If the teacher wants to be armed then why not let them??? Why is it so complicated?

Good luck with getting our resident liberals to care about cold, hard facts. However, it's good to point out how extremely remote the odds are that your school child will be killed by a mass shooter.

In Mass. he would’ve been denied a gun lic and wouldn’t even have a pistol, never mind an AR.

he should have been denied one in that state too fuck wad

but liberal policies prevented him from being ineligible to own a firearm

like i said retard "dangerous liberal polices"

No...you are a dumb ass....Baltimore, Maryland v. Miami, Florida....doesn't even come close and Baltimore has all the gun control you want......

Miami was once a murder capital. The gunfire deaths this year tell a new story

Only because if fed law . Not Florida law .

Nice to know that you’d be for legistlation that would add juvenile records to background checks ! How gun control of you !

No...you are a dumb ass....Baltimore, Maryland v. Miami, Florida....doesn't even come close and Baltimore has all the gun control you want......

Why aren’t you comparing Boston wh Miami?

Only because if fed law . Not Florida law .

Nice to know that you’d be for legistlation that would add juvenile records to background checks ! How gun control of you !

Felonies aren't juvenile records moron....and he should also have been committed to a mental institution, as his Doctor wanted, which would also have kept him from getting the gun legally, but since he had a small fortune coming his way, he could have gotten the gun illegally, through any drug connections he may have had...

Why aren’t you comparing Boston wh Miami?

I can do that too.....but Baltimore has extreme gun control.....v Miami which has normal gun control laws.

Gun violence in Boston is up 25 percent from last year – The Daily Free Press

Miami Gun Violence Deaths Down So Far in 2017

I took a peak at the article listed in the OP because the claim of the title did not include a length of time. The probability of 1 in 614,000,000 is for only one day in school. Thus if we assume a student attends school 12 school years at 180 days per school year, the probability of being murdered in school is 1 in 284,259 for the 12 year period.

I took a peak at the article listed in the OP because the claim of the title did not include a length of time. The probability of 1 in 614,000,000 is for only one day in school. Thus if we assume a student attends school 12 school years at 180 days per school year, the probability of being murdered in school is 1 in 284,259 for the 12 year period.
By your calculations, at least 100,000 kids should die in school shootings every year.

By your calculations, at least 100,000 kids should die in school shootings every year.
Do you agree that the 1 in 614,000,000 is the probability of a student being killed on any one given day in school?

And my calculation would no result in at least 100,000 students killed per year.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back