Since Obama- Why America is not Coming Back

lol..at those who slam the rich. You had every opportunity to apply hard work and risk to reap wealth

Sorry, some things just don't get handed to you

-Geaux

You still haven't explained what exactly the rabbi in the article is saying other than generalities. America won't be the same, traditional values no longer inspire. What exactly isn't coming back? If the moochers are getting so much free stuff, then why is there still an inequality of wealth in favor of the top 1%?

lol..at those who slam the rich. You had every opportunity to apply hard work and risk to reap wealth

-Geaux

You still haven't explained what exactly the rabbi in the article is saying other than generalities. America won't be the same, traditional values no longer inspire. What exactly isn't coming back? If the moochers are getting so much free stuff, then why is there still an inequality of wealth in favor of the top 1%?

omg..

-Geaux

I leave for those to apply the reasoning. Just because I link an article does not mean I am in agreement with it's entirety.

However, in my blog at USA Carry, and posted here a couple weeks ago, there are quite a few similarities between my views and that of the Rabbi

-Geaux

So the actual rate richest pay is 17%, middle class 24% is fine with you?

Being that the rich pay carry more of the tax burden and provides majority of the federal tax revenue.

I don't see why not.

So what? They should be paying far more.

That's your opinion.

That will help the economy, and no, the rich won't stop investing in the country. That is stupid talk.

Where do you think investment solely originates from? The Stock Market? That comes from savings. The rich are really the only ones who save a portion of their money. If the rich has less money to save, they have less money to invest. No savings, no investment. No investment, no home loan for one person, no business start up loan for another.

There is a word for that. It's called 'Crowding Out.' Look it up...

AT, you arguments are full of crap.

My opinion is as good, or better, than yours, and no, the rich are not going to stop investing in America.

The engine of prosperity is a healthy consuming middle class off which the rich feed.

Lincoln: labor always precedes capital. True that.

Last edited:

Being that the rich pay carry more of the tax burden and provides majority of the federal tax revenue.

I don't see why not.

Wrong again- payroll taxes are now more than fed income tax, not to mention other taxes and fees. Can you read? Your sentence is gibberish btw...

My opinion is as good, or better, than yours, and no, the rich are not going to stop investing in America.

I believe in what I know is right. You believe in what you know is correct. Right and wrong doesn't play into it.

As for the rich are not going to stop investing in America, the Capital Account begs to differ...

fredgraph.png

Well, you've managed to have a net account for the last financial quarter, so that's something.

The engine of prosperity is a healthy consuming middle class of which the rich feed.

A middle class comes from the result of having a prospering economy. Not the other way around.

I don't see why not.

Wrong again- payroll taxes are now more than fed income tax, not to mention other taxes and fees.

That may be, but the rich provides most of that as well. 97.21% of all federal revenue originates from the 50% of income earners.

Can you read? Your sentence is gibberish btw...

Somehow you thought I was referring to income tax when I said 'tax revenue.' Someone here has the reading problem.

You're quite mad, dupe- You just keep repeating that the rich pay most of fed income taxes in different ways. BUT, under Voodoo fed income taxes keep becoming less of overall taxes and fees- how do you think the richest quadrupled their wealth while the nonrich and the country go to hell?

Payroll taxes are capped at $106K, so obviously you're WRONG on that too. Read something!

And "the rich pay carry more" is gibberish, FOOL.

-Geaux

omg..

Omg is you response? Not even a generality.

omg..

Are you of the opinion you're entitled to wealth since the 1% have it?

-Geaux

You're quite mad, dupe- You just keep repeating that the rich pay most of fed income taxes in different ways. BUT, under Voodoo fed income taxes keep becoming less of overall taxes and fees- how do you think the richest quadrupled their wealth while the nonrich and the country go to hell?

Payroll taxes are capped at $106K, so obviously you're WRONG on that too. Read something!

And "the rich pay carry more" is gibberish, FOOL.

I think that people would welcome paying higher income taxes with higher wages.
American workers haven't seen a pay increase for about forty years. The distribution of income favors the very wealthy and the working stiffs on the right applaud this, shill for the rich, and say "yes, yes" down with us".

America voted for Obama over Romney because Obama offered them 'free stuff' and Romney didn't?

What the fuck?

What free stuff did Obama offer in his 2012 campaign?

Romney, as I recall, was offering a 20% across the board tax cut in the face of an already huge deficit,

AND Romney offering a big increase in defense spending that no one was going to be asked to pay for, AND Romney promised not to touch Social Security, AND Romney promised not to touch Medicare for ten years.

What was the dollar value of Romney's 'free stuff' package??

Last edited:

I believe in what I know is right. You believe in what you know is correct. Right and wrong doesn't play into it.

As for the rich are not going to stop investing in America, the Capital Account begs to differ...

fredgraph.png

Well, you've managed to have a net account for the last financial quarter, so that's something.

The engine of prosperity is a healthy consuming middle class of which the rich feed.

A middle class comes from the result of having a prospering economy. Not the other way around.

Nope. Labor precedes capital. A prospering economy booms because of a prosperous middle class that consumes and consumes and consumes.

Tis what tis.

1) The end of cheap energy. Oil went from an average of $1.35/gallon from Reagan through Clinton, to $3.50 from Bush'41-Obama. America is the most oil dependent nation in history. When gas prices go up, so does everything else.

2) The end of the great credit boom. Starting in 1980 American families went on a 30 year borring binge. The economy was fueled on massive amounts of debt. It got so bad we hawked out houses, the last thing left with any value. You can only borrow so long.

3) Main street detached from Wall Street. From 1930s-1980: when there was economic growth, the wages and living standards of the middle class also went up. Economic growth included the middle class. After Reagan, corporations increasingly got their products made in places like Communist China - and this is when tax breaks no longer turned into American jobs. Welcome to the jobless recovery we started seeing under Bush. Meaning: corporations made unprecedented profits, but it was not tied to domestic ob growth because such a huge percentage of jobs were shipped to cheaper labor markets. The story of post-Reagan America is the story of how a narrow group of capitalists captured Washington and cut the middle class out of the loop.

Last edited:
Romney seriously fucked up with his 47% comment.

I was sitting with two brothers today, worth between 6 and 7 million alone, who both are military veterans with pensions and will draw SS and Medicare they purchased with their taxes.

We Republicans have to think about what we say.

Geaux4it does not understand his voice is of the past not of the future.

Are you of the opinion you're entitled to wealth since the 1% have it?

-Geaux

I'm of the opinion that it's next to impossible for the average person to be in the 1% if that's what you mean. Much of that is due to inherited wealth and access to politicians through lobbying, something an average person doesn't have available. I've seen the american worker go from one wage earner per household to now two or more per household and Americans are working longer hours than ever before. Wages have remained stagnant. I don't think I'm entitled to anything but would like to see more equality. What good does accelerated depreciation do for the average person for just one example? Corporations can declare other countries as their residence for tax purposes. Can you or I? No. How about an equal playing field?

Forum List

Back