Skeletons in the Closet

It has been an unwritten rule that you don’t prosecute presidents after they leave office.

The most famous case was Ford pardoning Nixon
Reagan was given a free pass on Iran Contra
When Bush 43 left office, Obama refused to investigate 9-11, evidence for invading Iraq and official use of torture.

Now Trump seems intent on starting an investigation of Obama in preparation of the next election

Trump is setting a precedent for future presidents leaving office. Given the mountains of evidence he has been hiding for four years, he is setting himself up for a major fall.
We're in the third act of our beloved Republic. All that's left to decide is who is cast for act one of the next opening.

It has been an unwritten rule that you don’t prosecute presidents after they leave office.

When Bush 43 left office, Obama refused to investigate 9-11, evidence for invading Iraq and official use of torture.

Now Trump seems intent on starting an investigation of Obama in preparation of the next election

Trump is setting a precedent for future presidents leaving office. Given the mountains of evidence he has been hiding for four years, he is setting himself up for a major fall.

Not going to happen and you know L.G. already said so.

Trump can't do it....he needs someone to do it for him.

So this thread is like all your other threads....bullshit.

How can it be “Bullshit” when Trump is declaring it the biggest political crime in history?

Are you saying Trump is full of shit?

How can it be “Bullshit” when Trump is declaring it the biggest political crime in history?

Yes I am.

And you are full of shit too.

Yes I am.

Not an explanation
Is Trump full of shit or is it only you?

I am confident Obama will come out Scott free

Can you make the same statement about Trump?
"Scot-free" means without penalty. We do not know if Obama committed a crime yet. That's what we need to find out.

Let’s do it
Open a four year old case on an ex President

Removes any expectation of protection that Trump May have next year when he leaves office
Let''s go. Trump's already been investigated six ways from Sunday. and nada. Obama's turn.

Yes I am.

Not an explanation

You asked a question.

Was the answer to hard to understand ?

Go back and read the post dumbfuck.

Tell me if you don't see the answer and we'll know you are in need of serious help.

"Scot-free" means without penalty. We do not know if Obama committed a crime yet. That's what we need to find out.

Let’s do it
Open a four year old case on an ex President

Removes any expectation of protection that Trump May have next year when he leaves office
Let''s go. Trump's a;ready been investigated six ways from Sunday. Obama's turn.
Winner, winner, Chicken Dinner!

Let the games begin

Yes I am.

Not an explanation

You asked a question.

Was the answer to hard to understand ?

Go back and read the post dumbfuck.

Tell me if you don't see the answer and we'll know you are in need of serious help.
Yes, I didn’t understand your answer or lack of one

Please elaborate

So, Obama should be above the law? Obama just needs to shut up and show some class.

I’m ready to go there

Let’s abandon the precedent of making ex presidents immune from prosecution.

Guess that would depend on how much imaginary BS you loons want to make up.

So, Obama should be above the law? Obama just needs to shut up and show some class.

I’m ready to go there

Good...then let’s go there
Go ahead and investigate Obama and we will open the books on Trump without his Executive Privilege

Nice opinion piece lacking facts, just vague TDS conjectures. :rolleyes-41:

Do you disagree?

How so?
Disagree to what? You haven't even articulated a crime. sheesh, RW

I’m talking about investigations of past Presidents

Do you think Trump would be setting a new precedent that he would be subjected to?
I see you're starting to squirm on the possibilities.
I don't play 'what if's' very well.
But, convict Obama's ass as it should be. Maybe some president will pardon him.
But, make no mistake, what went down should never happen in the future, let's
see what Durham digs up and just how corrupt it ends up.

I think the more relative case is Ford-Nixon. Nixon spied on his political opponents. There are concerns that Obama did the same thing with Trump. Since you are talking precedent, if Biden has a conversation with Xi and company, then Trump will be justified to wiretap his campaign based on Democrat logic. As for Obama NOT investigating Bush, Obama was a smart man motivated by fear and knew not to mess with the Intel system built by Cheney under Bush for 8 years. Namely, Obama simply outsourced the interrogation to proxies.

Nice opinion piece lacking facts, just vague TDS conjectures. :rolleyes-41:

Do you disagree?

How so?
Disagree to what? You haven't even articulated a crime. sheesh, RW

I’m talking about investigations of past Presidents

Do you think Trump would be setting a new precedent that he would be subjected to?
I see you're starting to squirm on the possibilities.
I don't play 'what if's' very well.
But, convict Obama's ass as it should be. Maybe some president will pardon him.
But, make no mistake, what went down should never happen in the future, let's
see what Durham digs up and just how corrupt it ends up.
Really?
What do you think “went down” ?

I think the more relative case is Ford-Nixon. Nixon spied on his political opponents. There are concerns that Obama did the same thing with Trump. Since you are talking precedent, if Biden has a conversation with Xi and company, then Trump will be justified to wiretap his campaign based on Democrat logic. As for Obama NOT investigating Bush, Obama was a smart man motivated by fear and knew not to mess with the Intel system built by Cheney under Bush for 8 years. Namely, Obama simply outsourced the interrogation to proxies.
By all means

If Biden is conspiring with China to fix the election, I would expect the FBI to investigate

If Trump wants to reopen the sordid meetings his people had with the Russians. Let’s do it
Open the books on EVERYTHING and see if the FBI was correct in investigating it

Mueller never declared Trump innocent. He just said he lacked the power to prosecute a sitting President

He won’t be sitting for long

Fortunately, future presidents will recognize the Trump aberration to be just that: an aberration – a mistake, a failure, and a lawless presidency devoid of merit.

If only we can be so lucky

Trump has set a new path for the Republican Party
We can only hope that the voters learned a hard, bitter lesson from the Trump debacle, and not make that same dreadful mistake again.

I’m ready to go there

Good...then let’s go there
Go ahead and investigate Obama and we will open the books on Trump without his Executive Privilege

Great, let's open the doors on all of them, Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff, etc.

Forum List

Back