Smithsonian Black Museum Leaves Out Justice Thomas, Anita Hill Glorified

Thomas went 25 years in the supreme court without asking a single question. Why should he receive a place of prominence for being bad at his job? He wasn't even the first black SC justice.
So, what was Anita Hill's position or act of note? No one even believed her.
Most everyone believed her. Her act of note is the courage it took to go before Congress and testify to what happened to her. To suffer the slings and arrows that she was attacked with for doing so. To stand up for sexually harrassed women. She deserves recognition

Thomas went 25 years in the supreme court without asking a single question. Why should he receive a place of prominence for being bad at his job? He wasn't even the first black SC justice.

Nice that you found some technical quibble to justify your hatred of the man that is purely ideological.
Technical quibble? Going through the motions and half-assing your job for 25 years is a "technical quibble?"

So basically you ignore the tons of paperwork he reviews, which is actually what he is supposed to base his decision on, right? All those briefs, pleadings, friend of the court filings, etc?

yes, it's a technical quibble.
For all we know, he ignores all that too. He just nodded yes to Scalia for 25 years. He'll probably retire soon now that he's required to feign interest in cases with Scalia gone.
what are you....like 3?

Because we, as Americans, have the highest regards for the highest legal entity in the land.

Or has that sentiment left us as well?

Oh yeah, that's right...Obama found it appropriate to disparage them during his State of the Union Address.

I forgot.....Obama made this a new land....you know...hope and change...;
Interesting that you're breaking with the alt-right sentiment that the SC is a bunch of activist judges that are in Obama's pocket and should be disbanded

Most everyone believed her. Her act of note is the courage it took to go before Congress and testify to what happened to her. To suffer the slings and arrows that she was attaced with for doing so. To stand up for sexually harrassed women. She deserves recognition
Oh...so Tawana Brawley should be in there as well? How about the Duke Lacrosse accuser?

Sorry....but if the allegations are not proven, whereas they may be legit, you can not give credit because they very well may not be legit.

Nice that you found some technical quibble to justify your hatred of the man that is purely ideological.
Technical quibble? Going through the motions and half-assing your job for 25 years is a "technical quibble?"

So basically you ignore the tons of paperwork he reviews, which is actually what he is supposed to base his decision on, right? All those briefs, pleadings, friend of the court filings, etc?

For all we know, he ignores all that too. He just nodded yes to Scalia for 25 years. He'll probably retire soon now that he's required to feign interest in cases with Scalia gone.

your ideological hatred is noted.

So he never wrote decisions then?

Justice Clarence Thomas is a lazy lump.
Most everyone believed her. Her act of note is the courage it took to go before Congress and testify to what happened to her. To suffer the slings and arrows that she was attaced with for doing so. To stand up for sexually harrassed women. She deserves recognition
I think you are right. Many felt the way you described.

Because we, as Americans, have the highest regards for the highest legal entity in the land.

Or has that sentiment left us as well?

Oh yeah, that's right...Obama found it appropriate to disparage them during his State of the Union Address.

I forgot.....Obama made this a new land....you know...hope and change...;
Interesting that you're breaking with the alt-right sentiment that the SC is a bunch of activist judges that are in Obama's pocket and should be disbanded
I am not on that bandwagon. I support a court where the views of ALL are represented....and they can come to a decision. Sure, I don't agree with all decisions....but I support the SCOTUS 100%.

Truth is...this election, I am not voting for president. I am voting for a Supreme court justice.

He had interns for that

He had interns for that

Keep stretching, hack.

Oh...so Tawana Brawley should be in there as well? How about the Duke Lacrosse accuser?

Sorry....but if the allegations are not proven, whereas they may be legit, you can not give credit because they very well may not be legit.
Those two situations are not comparable. Anita Hill was/is a highly educated woman, an attorney and a law professor.

He had interns for that

Keep stretching, hack.
I don't have to. Sitting on a bench for 25 years without asking a single question is bad enough.

I can very much identify with it. In my first really important career position, when I was young, there were two men who worked with me. At separate times they befriended me, or that's what I thought, that they just wanted friendship. I was so naive. As time went on, it was quite clear they wanted much more. One was married. When I made it clear I had no interest in and no intention of becoming sexually involved with them, they said bad things about me to my boss. All of them were at least 10 or more years older and all had worked for the organization for many years before I arrived. I lost my job in the end. My contract was not renewed.

I think someone like Anita Hill, who risked her career testifying against Thomas, is a hero to many women, especially those who experienced what I experienced.

Those two situations are not comparable. Anita Hill was/is a highly educated woman, an attorney and a law professor.

Anita Hill found a pubic hair in her coffee cup where she worked with a lot of other attorneys including Clarence Thomas and she automatically blamed and convicted Clarence for sexual assault without trial by jury.

I can very much identify with it. In my first really important career position, when I was young, there were two men who worked with me. At separate times they befriended me, or that's what I thought, that they just wanted friendship. I was so naive. As time went on, it was quite clear they wanted much more. One was married. When I made it clear I had no interest in and no intention of becoming sexually involved with them, they said bad things about me to my boss. All of them were at least 10 or more years older and all had worked for the organization for many years before I arrived. I lost my job in the end. My contract was not renewed.

I think someone like Anita Hill, who risked her career testifying against Thomas, is a hero to many women, especially those who experienced what I experienced.
I'm sorry about your experience. Do you think it would have been different if you told a supervisor about this first?

and her allegations were not proven.

Are you saying that an arttorney/professor has more rights as it pertains to the law than a dancer? Someone who is well educated is deemed as more believable than someone with a GED when it comes to allegations of abuse?

Are you sure you want that position to stand?

I'm sorry about your experience. Do you think it would have been different if you told a supervisor about this first?
Not the supervisor. This was nearly 30 years ago. Things were different then. Women like Anita Hill have helped make things change. And my supervisor was not only a man, he was a buddy of the two male colleagues I had the problem with. I was a new employee. Young and naive. He would not have believed me. If you said anything in those days, you were just considered a trouble maker.

Are you saying that an arttorney/professor has more rights as it pertains to the law than a dancer? Someone who is well educated is deemed as more believable than someone with a GED when it comes to allegations of abuse?

I think an educated woman, an attorney, a law professor has more credibility and has a lot more to risk than a stripper or young mixed up girl.

I think an educated woman, an attorney, a law professor has more credibility and has a lot more to risk than a stripper or young mixed up girl.
I find that very concerning.

Can you imagine if a GOP candidate said something like that?

Are you aware that there are hundreds, if not thousands of attorneys that have been found guilty of crimes they claimed to not have committed?

Are you aware that there have been tens thousands of GED holders that were able to prove they were victims of crimes?

You base the credibility of an individual on their education and the risk they may be taking if caught in a lie?

I don't.

Hmmmm, who was it that called it by its appropriate name?

The ALL BLACKS ARE VICTIMS OF WHITES museum.

In other words (for the slower morons on the left) it is yet another piece of leftist victimology propaganda. That is it and that is all.

Always good to hear from a Trump voter.

Not the supervisor. This was nearly 30 years ago. Things were different then. Women like Anita Hill have helped make things change. And my supervisor was not only a man, he was a buddy of the two male colleagues I had the problem with. I was a new employee. Young and naive. He would not have believed me. If you said anything in those days, you were just considered a trouble maker.

Keep your mouth closed and everyone thinks you a fool, open your mouth and everyone knows you a fool. Abraham Lincoln.

Having a military bearing, knowing the chain of command and protocol always helped me defeat any rival business nincompoop.

Forum List

Back