So republicans, WHY was it justified for Trump to fire Comey?

Don't you miss those Benghazi committee hearing days. LOL

Yes, proving conclusively that the failed administration of petulant former President Barack Hussein Obama lied to the American public and intentionally endangered our embassy in Benghazi and all the men serving there including our Ambassador.

What%20difference_zpsufq1yvsm.jpg

Trump and team still haven't justified waiting 18 days to fire Flynn after repeated warnings...
What law says they must justify it?

There isn't a "law", but the American public will require an explanation. You're not curious as to why it took 3 weeks (and public disclosure) for Flynn to be fired?
I happen to believe the Assistant AG as to why he recommended termination. All one has to do is match up what Comey did over the past year to what was said in the memo to discover that the firing was justified and well documented.

It wasn't but three days ago that the radicalized Democrats were wanting Comey to STFU or go away. Sorry, but I simply don't buy the conspiracy theories.

Trump and team still haven't justified waiting 18 days to fire Flynn after repeated warnings...
What law says they must justify it?

There isn't a "law", but the American public will require an explanation. You're not curious as to why it took 3 weeks (and public disclosure) for Flynn to be fired?
I happen to believe the Assistant AG as to why he recommended termination. All one has to do is match up what Comey did over the past year to what was said in the memo to discover that the firing was justified and well documented.

It wasn't but three days ago that the radicalized Democrats were wanting Comey to STFU or go away. Sorry, but I simply don't buy the conspiracy theories.

I believe the assistant AG when he says Trump's admin told him to justify firing Comey. (Provide cover)

Deputy AG Rosenstein doesn't want all the blame for Comey canning: Report

And, no, you don't actually believe Comey was fired because he was unfair to Hillary.

as has been pointed out to you guys , comey worked at the pleasure of President Trump and could be fired at any time for any reason Edward .
TRUMP was Seething
Comey's firing: Trump frustration finally boiled into action
image001-png_162613.png.cf.jpg
Jonathan Lemire and Nancy Benac, Associated Press,Associated Press 8 hours ago

Trump Considered Firing Comey Since Day Elected

a4767c382df855a9ce5e71c1a7edfa4d

Scroll back up to restore default view.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- For weeks, President Donald Trump had been seething.

The swirling questions about possible contacts between his presidential campaign team and Russia just wouldn't stop, and he felt it was overshadowing his early achievements.

Who was to blame? In Trump's view, FBI Director James Comey.

Comey had allowed the bureau's investigation to play out in the press, the president told those close to him, and hadn't done enough to stop leaks about it.

Those simmering frustrations, described by people with knowledge of the president's conversations, culminated with Trump's surprise announcement late Tuesday that he was firing Comey. The people recounting the behind-the-scenes activity spoke only on condition of anonymity to disclose private discussions.

White House officials offered a somewhat different version Wednesday of how Trump came to fire Comey, casting his decision as one that reflected an "erosion of confidence" that had long been in the making.

"Frankly, he'd been considering letting Director Comey go since the day he was elected," said White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders. She also expressed the White House hope that the Russia investigation would wrap soon. "We'd love for that to be completed so that we can all move on."

___

But for weeks, the Russia investigation has not appeared to be going away.

Comey confirmed in March that the FBI was looking into possible coordination between the Russians and Trump associates. As Trump's presidency hit its 100-day mark, reporters were still asking questions.

Just last week, Comey answered more questions about it at hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee. That testimony — during which Comey noted he felt "mildly nauseous" at the thought that his actions in the Hillary Clinton email case influenced the election — made Trump increasingly convinced he wanted Comey gone, according to a White House official.

[
Feel good about that uncensored ?? No more investigation ?? Are you an American?? Really?

You Stalinists had your little witch hunt and came up dry.

Comey got himself into trouble by lying to the Senate. The FBI had to walk back his perjury.

FBI issues 'supplement' to clarify Comey's incorrect congressional statement - CNNPolitics.com

That is why Comey was rightly fired.
bullshit Comey was fired because the investigation into trump russian ties didn't stop

A new FBI director would make re-opening the investigations into all the Hillary scandals a very real possibility.
Oh, so instead of Trump doing it, he fired the head of the FBI so someone else could do it instead? Wow. That is such great leadership. Why didn't he just say that during the debate where he made that original promise?

Trump: "Im going to fire Lazy James Comey and replace him with a buddy of mine to go after that bitch!"

"Im going to fire Lazy James Comey and replace him with a buddy of mine to go after that bitch!"...sounds like a great idea.
No, you see, you didn't think it was a good idea until Trump did it. That's what's true.

I would respond, but I have no idea what the heck you just said.
Yes you do. You're just too much of a pussy to admit it.

Guess that would make you either a dumbass or a typical liberal that can't clarify their statement(s).

[
Feel good about that uncensored ?? No more investigation ?? Are you an American?? Really?

Comey got himself into trouble by lying to the Senate. The FBI had to walk back his perjury.

FBI issues 'supplement' to clarify Comey's incorrect congressional statement - CNNPolitics.com

bullshit Comey was fired because the investigation into trump russian ties didn't stop

Notice the red words, that's called a "link," Herr Goebbels. I provide those to support my claims with facts, something you fascist democrats clearly can't grasp.

[

Notice the red words, that's called a "link," Herr Goebbels. I provide those to support my claims with facts, something you fascist democrats clearly can't grasp.
I'm sorry Uncensored but I can't help it. I picture these two running toward each other in slo-mo thru a field of wildflowers, arms outstretched, under an azure sky with puffy white clouds floating randomly, as music fills the air.

Ain't love grand!

Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin to Meet in July, Russian Media Says

ps: can I get an AP for Russian media? I think that's the only way we can find out what Trump is doing.

CNN actually has a portion of its website entitled "Non-Comey News".

The left has lost their minds.

[

I'm sorry Uncensored but I can't help it. I picture these two running toward each other in slo-mo thru a field of wildflowers, arms outstretched, under an azure sky with puffy white clouds floating randomly, as music fills the air.

Ain't love grand!

ps: can I get an AP for Russian media? I think that's the only way we can find out what Trump is doing.

Yes, but you are a hack with no care for fact or reality.

Oh and I agree that American media at this time can in no way be trusted to report anything even approaching facts.

[

Ain't love grand!

Oh and I agree that American media at this time can in no way be trusted to report anything even approaching facts.
It's called political interference Uncensored
WASHINGTON — President Trump on Tuesday fired the director of the F.B.I., James B. Comey, abruptly terminating the top official leading a criminal investigation into whether Mr. Trump’s advisers colluded with the Russian government to steer the outcome of the 2016 presidential election.

The stunning development in Mr. Trump’s presidency raised the specter of political interference by a sitting president into an existing investigation by the nation’s leading law enforcement agency. It immediately ignited Democratic calls for a special counsel to lead the Russia inquiry.

Mr. Trump explained the firing by citing Mr. Comey’s handling of the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server, even though the president was widely seen to have benefited politically from that inquiry and had once praised Mr. Comey for his “guts” in his pursuit of Mrs. Clinton during the campaign.

But in his letter to Mr. Comey, released to reporters by the White House, the president betrayed his focus on the continuing inquiry into Russia and his aides.

Continue reading the main story
The Trump White House[/paste:font]
The historic moments, head-spinning developments and inside-the-White House intrigue.

See More »

ADVERTISEMENT

“While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgment of the Department of Justice that you are not able to effectively lead the bureau,” Mr. Trump said in a letter to Mr. Comey dated Tuesday. White House officials refused to say anything more about the three occasions Mr. Trump cited.

Document: White House Announces Firing of James Comey

The officials said that Attorney General Jeff Sessions and the deputy attorney general, Rod J. Rosenstein, pushed for Mr. Comey’s dismissal. But many in Washington, including veteran F.B.I. officers, saw a carefully choreographed effort by the president to create a pretense for a takedown of the president’s F.B.I. tormentor.

“I cannot defend the director’s handling of the conclusion of the investigation of Secretary Clinton’s emails,” Mr. Rosenstein wrote in another letter that was released by the White House, “and I do not understand his refusal to accept the nearly universal judgment that he was mistaken.”

Reaction in Washington was swift and fierce. Senator Chuck Schumer of New York, the Democratic leader, said the firing could make Americans suspect a cover-up. Mr. Trump lashed back later Tuesday night in a Twitter post: “Cryin’ Chuck Schumer stated recently, ‘I do not have confidence in him (James Comey) any longer.’ Then acts so indignant.”

Many Republicans assailed the president for making a rash decision that could have deep implications for their party. Representative Justin Amash, Republican of Michigan, said on Twitter that he now supports an independent commission to investigate the Russia links to Mr. Trump. He called Mr. Trump’s claim that Mr. Comey had cleared him three times “bizarre.”

“I’ve spent the last several hours trying to find an acceptable rationale for the timing of Comey’s firing,” Senator Jeff Flake, Republican of Arizona, said on Twitter. “I just can’t do it.”

In a sign of the F.B.I.’s intense interest in Mr. Trump’s advisers, a grand jury in Virginia issued subpoenas in recent weeks for records related to the former White House national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, according to an American official familiar with the case. Mr. Flynn is under investigation for his financial ties to Russia and Turkey. Grand jury subpoenas are a routine part of federal investigations and are not a sign that charges are imminent. It was not clear that the subpoenas, which were first reported by CNN, were related to Mr. Comey’s firing.

Breaking the Comey News, One Sentence at a Time MAY 10, 2017

Ain't love grand!

It's called political interference Uncensored
WASHINGTON — President Trump on Tuesday fired the director of the F.B.I., James B. Comey, abruptly terminating the top official leading a criminal investigation into whether Mr. Trump’s advisers colluded with the Russian government to steer the outcome of the 2016 presidential election.

The stunning development in Mr. Trump’s presidency raised the specter of political interference by a sitting president into an existing investigation by the nation’s leading law enforcement agency. It immediately ignited Democratic calls for a special counsel to lead the Russia inquiry.

Mr. Trump explained the firing by citing Mr. Comey’s handling of the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server, even though the president was widely seen to have benefited politically from that inquiry and had once praised Mr. Comey for his “guts” in his pursuit of Mrs. Clinton during the campaign.

But in his letter to Mr. Comey, released to reporters by the White House, the president betrayed his focus on the continuing inquiry into Russia and his aides.

The Trump White House[/paste:font]
The historic moments, head-spinning developments and inside-the-White House intrigue.

See More »

ADVERTISEMENT

“While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgment of the Department of Justice that you are not able to effectively lead the bureau,” Mr. Trump said in a letter to Mr. Comey dated Tuesday. White House officials refused to say anything more about the three occasions Mr. Trump cited.

Document: White House Announces Firing of James Comey

The officials said that Attorney General Jeff Sessions and the deputy attorney general, Rod J. Rosenstein, pushed for Mr. Comey’s dismissal. But many in Washington, including veteran F.B.I. officers, saw a carefully choreographed effort by the president to create a pretense for a takedown of the president’s F.B.I. tormentor.

“I cannot defend the director’s handling of the conclusion of the investigation of Secretary Clinton’s emails,” Mr. Rosenstein wrote in another letter that was released by the White House, “and I do not understand his refusal to accept the nearly universal judgment that he was mistaken.”

Reaction in Washington was swift and fierce. Senator Chuck Schumer of New York, the Democratic leader, said the firing could make Americans suspect a cover-up. Mr. Trump lashed back later Tuesday night in a Twitter post: “Cryin’ Chuck Schumer stated recently, ‘I do not have confidence in him (James Comey) any longer.’ Then acts so indignant.”

Many Republicans assailed the president for making a rash decision that could have deep implications for their party. Representative Justin Amash, Republican of Michigan, said on Twitter that he now supports an independent commission to investigate the Russia links to Mr. Trump. He called Mr. Trump’s claim that Mr. Comey had cleared him three times “bizarre.”

“I’ve spent the last several hours trying to find an acceptable rationale for the timing of Comey’s firing,” Senator Jeff Flake, Republican of Arizona, said on Twitter. “I just can’t do it.”

In a sign of the F.B.I.’s intense interest in Mr. Trump’s advisers, a grand jury in Virginia issued subpoenas in recent weeks for records related to the former White House national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, according to an American official familiar with the case. Mr. Flynn is under investigation for his financial ties to Russia and Turkey. Grand jury subpoenas are a routine part of federal investigations and are not a sign that charges are imminent. It was not clear that the subpoenas, which were first reported by CNN, were related to Mr. Comey’s firing.

Breaking the Comey News, One Sentence at a Time MAY 10, 2017

Yews, the NY Times is simply part of the DNC, a propaganda outlet that perverts information and openly lies to promote the fascist democratic party and to slander and libel the enemies of the party.

Thank you of the example of just how utterly corrupt the leftist press is.

While the Times demagogues the reality is that the witch hunt long ago failed. There never was shred of evidence to support the leftist attacks. Comey was a bureaucrat, his removal has no impact on any alleged "investigations." If there were ever any legitimate elements, such efforts would continue without Comey.

Forum List

Back