So Where Does the 1st Amendment End?

This free speech thing. It should be about great thinkers, philosophers, and writers who rail against tyranny. In effect, its just used to protect racist trash from the consequences of their deviancy.

Its a sad state of affairs that the right devalues everything it touches.
You aren't for free speech. Just the speech you approve of. That's not truly "free" speech at all and it's how
the idiots in the UK can ban and jail people who they happen to disapprove of (someone like political prisoner Tommy Robinson).

I thank God my ancestors said "fuck you" to you pernicious authoritarians and moved away to a more
enlightened country.

As long as the guns are not on brought onto school property, nothing should be done to your kid until your kid decides to place a threat on other people.

Ok...

the school had every right to remove them because of how threatening their attitudes can be to the other students at the school.

Do you not see the problem with your stance? It's entirely subjective. You're deeming their "attitude" threatening simply because you don't like what they did - when in fact no threats were made.

I've noticed you always sign off your posts with "God bless" so I assume you are a Christian. The left has frequently claimed scripture to be "threatening". Case in point - the Bible explicitly condemns homosexuality. So let's assume these kids made a video condemning the gay lifestyle. The Twitterati goes into a frenzy, just like they did here, and claims the kids are "threatening" gays. Would you support the school expelling them? I suspect not.

This free speech thing. It should be about great thinkers, philosophers, and writers who rail against tyranny. In effect, its just used to protect racist trash from the consequences of their deviancy.

This "free speech thing" is why I can speak out against 3rd worlders trashing my nation and you can't.

Poor baby white people. They get pissed off when they get called out for being the racist fucks that they are. And those evil black people, not knowing their place & demanding equality.
The pro-diversity crowd lost in 2016. Get used to it.
Amen. You show me diversity and I'll show you discord.
Show me a white supremacist & I'll show you an asshole. You people are such assholes.

So are you and also a coward!

You hide behind a fake name so you can spew your hatred daily and refuse to expose yourself because you know if anyone ever found out what you wrote you would be fired and rightfully so...

You bash the racists while ignoring your own bigotry and hate and you Sir are a damn hypocrite!

Bingo!

Is it aggressively being racist such as calling someone slurs, telling someone to go back to their own country, and any other explicit action?

Or is it more implicit things that we can’t necessarily prove as racist, but strongly believe to be so? Such as store clerks not treating you great, or not getting into a university despite believing you have the requisite grades and scores, or saying "anchor baby"?

The biggest flaw is how you prove certain things are racist by the people who deem them as such. A lot of it is a matter of perspective.

The questions are: Who is right? Who is wrong? Who decides?

Seeing leftists on this board supporting school decision (which they have no right to decide) to kick those kids out of school and not letting them graduate, when kids did nothing illegal, makes me think what would leftists do if they really had power to decide what can be said, and who can be punished.
And only a stupid fucking Trumpette would sent kids to school in the middle of a fucking pandemic.

If the school district is in a area where very few people tested positive then yes kids should be able to resume their studies.

I know you are against this because you want the schools and economy to stay close and have kids and adults starve and die.

You aren't for free speech. Just the speech you approve of. That's not truly "free" speech at all and it's how
the idiots in the UK can ban and jail people who they happen to disapprove of (someone like political prisoner Tommy Robinson).

I thank God my ancestors said "fuck you" to you pernicious authoritarians and moved away to a more
enlightened country.
You really know very little about the UK. Racists seem to be treated firmly in the US according to this thread. So now explain how decent behaviour is any different on your side of the pond.

You really know very little about the UK. Racists seem to be treated firmly in the US according to this thread. So now explain how decent behaviour is any different on your side of the pond.
I know for a fact that UK hate speech laws, like those in Canada, can be invoked and used to keep people
quiet if someone claims they were injured or offended by someone's "hatred".

" Hate speech laws in England and Wales are found in several statutes. Expressions of hatred toward someone on account of that person's colour, race, disability, nationality (including citizenship), ethnic or national origin, religion, gender identity, or sexual orientation is forbidden. "
Hatred, that's a very subjective standard, isn't it.

What I would call a valid criticism, i.e. "Islam is a dangerous authoritarian sexist cult that calls for subjugating every other religion in the world. It calls for death to apostates and those opposing prophet Mohammad" could easily be called hate speech by others.

I know the UK pays lip service to the principle of free speech but in reality unpopular speech, more than the speech everyone can agree on, needs protection more than ever.
Language designed to inform or disagree is much different from language designed to inflame or calls to violence. I don't think the UK gets it. And I know you don't.

Last edited:

enlightened country.

Define "decent behavior".

You can't, because it's completely subjective. What offends you may not offend me. What offends me may not offend my neighbor. And so on.

As long as England hounds and persecutes someone like Katie Hopkins for her opinions and personal views
in her blunt non apologetic style, or the ruling class of politicians and presstitutes do anyway, the UK continues to wage war on free speech.

enlightened country.

1575423173297.jpg

I know for a fact that UK hate speech laws, like those in Canada, can be invoked and used to keep people
quiet if someone claims they were injured or offended by someone's "hatred".

" Hate speech laws in England and Wales are found in several statutes. Expressions of hatred toward someone on account of that person's colour, race, disability, nationality (including citizenship), ethnic or national origin, religion, gender identity, or sexual orientation is forbidden. "
Hatred, that's a very subjective standard, isn't it.

What I would call a valid criticism, i.e. "Islam is a dangerous authoritarian sexist cult that calls for subjugating every other religion in the world. It calls for death to apostates and those opposing prophet Mohammad" could easily be called hate speech by others.

I know the UK pays lip service to the principle of free speech but in reality unpopular speech, more than the speech everyone can agree on, needs protection more than ever.
Language designed to inform or disagree is much different from language designed to inflame or calls to violence. I don't think the UK gets it. And I know you don't.

British faggots don't get it, and their own arrogance nearly brought them to their knees. He's talking about protecting the speech of only those who they think deserve it (as he said "thinkers, philosophers, and writers"), which basically are the same ones that are ruling over them, aristocrats. As I said, they bend over, they take it in their asses and plead for more, because they don't know better. You'd think they would care what someone like Alexis de Tocqueville says about free speech and freedom? Let them google it. And he, although foreigner, got it exactly right... there is no such thing as an "intermediate and yet a tenable position between the complete independence and the entire servitude of opinion." If there is, let them find one. Dare them to.

Yelling fire in a crowded theater endangers people.

What about saying something people don’t like? Can the government punish you for speech made in your home and gets put on the Internet that is not violent, but racist?

One school district thinks it can.
Remember- the schools are closed until at best next September.

Wish I had a nickel for every stupid thing a teen said in the past year.

Just proving you can take the redneck out of the trailer park but you can't take the...well, you get the idea. It amazes me that people think you can just say anything you want and not have any repercussions. It doesn't matter if they were on school grounds or even it wasn't during school hours. They are deemed as representing the school. And if the school deems a certain code of conduct in violation, even if it's just bad publicity and press, see ya. You can't have it both ways here. Sure, you have the right to free speech. But there are limits. The school has every right not to tolerate it. This isn't a stupid thing said. This is upbringing. It's friggin 2020. Anyway, no big loss. These two don't look smart enough to even pass their GED.

Here's the relevant part of the article,
Carrollton High Principal David Brooks said that even if the video was recorded at home, “it doesn’t alleviate the students’ responsibility to uphold a high standard of behavior.”
They got nothing to sue on. Maybe they'll learn something from this but I doubt it.
In reality they have no responsibility to uphold any standards of behavior. They are obligated by law to attend school. They have not voluntarily assumed responsibility for anything. Responsibility cannot be imposed on them. That's why you never see minority children saddled with a responsibility to uphold a high standard of behavior.

Sue the shit out of that school.

^^^ They are supposed to be, but of course there are people out there who don't care about laws, rules, regulations, etc.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
What you just said has nothing to do with my question.

You claim that school have to prevent shooting, yet saying right after "there are people who don't care about laws, rules, regulations."

If so, please explain, what they have prevented, if people who don't care about laws still bring guns to school?
They are doing what they can to prevent school shootings.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
You said that "there are people who don't care about laws, rules, regulations." You think they would not bring guns to school because it's not permitted? Can you tell me how many school shooters actually respected laws, rules, regulations?
None of them respect the boundaries obviously.

God bless you and the families of their victims always!!!

Holly
Correct.

Then you would agree that laws don't work with people who don't respect them.

Now, did these kids break any laws?
Even if they didn't break any laws, what must have been broken are rules that the school has every right to put out there or we wouldn't be having this conversation in the first place. The school doesn't approve of the attitude that them kids decided to put on display for the rest of us to be aware of and expelling the kids in response to their attitude is the punishment that the school considered to be appropriate enough.

the school had every right to remove them because of how threatening their attitudes can be to the other students at the school.
Do you not see the problem with your stance? It's entirely subjective. You're deeming their "attitude" threatening simply because you don't like what they did - when in fact no threats were made.

I've noticed you always sign off your posts with "God bless" so I assume you are a Christian. The left has frequently claimed scripture to be "threatening". Case in point - the Bible explicitly condemns homosexuality. So let's assume these kids made a video condemning the gay lifestyle. The Twitterati goes into a frenzy, just like they did here, and claims the kids are "threatening" gays. Would you support the school expelling them? I suspect not.
In my opinion, it would depend on what is said exactly. If those who make the video imply that they are who plan to carry out whatever they believe is to be done with those who live the homosexual life style, then yes, those on the video should not only be expelled, but charged too.

God bless you two always!!!

Holly

^^^ They are supposed to be, but of course there are people out there who don't care about laws, rules, regulations, etc.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

You claim that school have to prevent shooting, yet saying right after "there are people who don't care about laws, rules, regulations."

If so, please explain, what they have prevented, if people who don't care about laws still bring guns to school?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
You said that "there are people who don't care about laws, rules, regulations." You think they would not bring guns to school because it's not permitted? Can you tell me how many school shooters actually respected laws, rules, regulations?

Holly
Correct.

Even if they didn't break any laws, what must have been broken are rules that the school has every right to put out there or we wouldn't be having this conversation in the first place. The school doesn't approve of the attitude that them kids decided to put on display for the rest of us to be aware of and expelling the kids in response to their attitude is the punishment that the school considered to be appropriate enough.

In my opinion, it would depend on what is said exactly. If those who make the video imply that they are who plan to carry out whatever they believe is to be done with those who live the homosexual life style, then yes, those on the video should not only be expelled, but charged too.

Holly

So why are you supporting the expulsion of these students then? Did you actually watch the video? Because all it contains was 2 kids pouring water in a sink and joking about racial stereotypes. There were no threats. No calls to action. No inference of a school. No reference to any particular person. The whole video was a feeble attempt at politically incorrect humor, nothing more.

Correct.

"must have been broken are rules that the school has every right to put out there"

Three things, first... "must have" means you're guessing. Second... where does it say that school have "every right"? They're public school, they don't have any rights to put out any rules about kids lives outside the schools, and if you think they do, then post it. Third... school have no business, or to approve how should anyone behave when not in school, that is not school purpose.

Hey, by the way, what school officials are doing on kids social media anyways? Are they doing it on their time, or on taxpayers dollars?

^^^ School have always had rules and what makes you think that the kids in the video won't be any different while in school compared to how they are in the video? You also ask what are school official doing on kids social media? Anyone could've ratted to them about the video that was made and when they saw it is anyone's guess.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Holly
Correct.

Holly
So why are you supporting the expulsion of these students then? Did you actually watch the video? Because all it contains was 2 kids pouring water in a sink and joking about racial stereotypes. There were no threats. No calls to action. No inference of a school. No reference to any particular person. The whole video was a feeble attempt at politically incorrect humor, nothing more.
Whatever takes place during the video was obviously something that the people in charge of the school doesn't support and they must have felt that doing nothing would've made things worse compared to how they are now.

^^^ School have always had rules and what makes you think that the kids in the video won't be any different while in school compared to how they are in the video? You also ask what are school official doing on kids social media? Anyone could've ratted to them about the video that was made and when they saw it is anyone's guess.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Holly
Correct.

Holly
Whatever takes place during the video was obviously something that the people in charge of the school doesn't support and they must have felt that doing nothing would've made things worse compared to how they are now.

"Whatever takes place during the video was obviously something that the people in charge of the school doesn't support"

Irrelevant. What authority does a public school have to impose their standards in a private home? Answer: None.

This is the USA, not China.

Yelling fire in a crowded theater endangers people.

What about saying something people don’t like? Can the government punish you for speech made in your home and gets put on the Internet that is not violent, but racist?

One school district thinks it can.
Remember- the schools are closed until at best next September.

Wish I had a nickel for every stupid thing a teen said in the past year.

I always maintain the position that free speech was badly punished in olden times and that was the main reason to put it first and make it pretty much unlimited. In the years previous to the 1770s innocent people could be cruelly punished for saying harmless things and it happened.

In the U.S.A. there aren't decency laws like there are in the U.K. and Europe but most media outlets set their own standards for decency that more often than not mirrors the European model. You can still be sued for slander, defamation, misinformation and threats. The verbal threat censorship is a recent development. When I was a kid in America there were many verbally abusive people, they weren't the majority but they were everywhere. Nowadays they'd be censored as the standard has improved.

Isn't it interesting that you avoid quoting my post, as you always do, most likely because I asked you to prove that schools have right to regulate kids behavior when they're not on school's ground, and to avoid answering my questions.

I agree, schools do have rules, policies, regulations, all of them concerning student's behavior on school's ground. Yes, they can regulate what kids can or cannot wear when in school, what they can eat or drink, they can ban skateboards, bicycles, make up, or regulate how to address teachers, staff, etc.

So let's say, in order not to upset immigrant kids, school doesn't allow wearing a shirt with American flag on it. Then they see on Instagram or TikTok that kid wore shirt with American flag on it. What you're saying, school should, and have a right to kick the kid out of school, and deprive the kid of graduation, because kid did not respect the school rules about shirts with American flag, all in order to prevent school shooting because some kid might get offended by the shirt.

I must suck to be a leftist, does it?

Isn't it interesting that you avoid quoting my post, as you always do, most likely because I asked you to prove that schools have right to regulate kids behavior when they're not on school's ground, and to avoid answering my questions.

I agree, schools do have rules, policies, regulations, all of them concerning student's behavior on school's ground. Yes, they can regulate what kids can or cannot wear when in school, what they can eat or drink, they can ban skateboards, bicycles, make up, or regulate how to address teachers, staff, etc.

So let's say, in order not to upset immigrant kids, school doesn't allow wearing a shirt with American flag on it. Then they see on Instagram or TikTok that kid wore shirt with American flag on it. What you're saying, school should, and have a right to kick the kid out of school, and deprive the kid of graduation, because kid did not respect the school rules about shirts with American flag, all in order to prevent school shooting because some kid might get offended by the shirt.

I must suck to be a leftist, does it?
Has there been any talk about the kids having any prior history of bad/questionable behavior? Anything that may have happened before this would only be more that is on their track record.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Holly
Correct.

Holly
"Whatever takes place during the video was obviously something that the people in charge of the school doesn't support"

Irrelevant. What authority does a public school have to impose their standards in a private home? Answer: None.

This is the USA, not China.
Because the kids decided to let the rest of the world know their feelings by going viral, I guess the people in charge of the school may have felt that letting the kids stay would've given everyone else the wrong impression of the school, that the kids' choice to be racist was okay and welcome there when it obviously is not.

Holly

P.S. At the end of the day, the ending result to this matter was going to suck no matter where the line was drawn. Someone was going to get screwed. The big question is, which scenario would've been the lesser of the two evils? My question for the kids who got expelled would be this one: If you didn't want the school to be in such a game, why did you take the time to show them how it is played? In other words, if them kids didn't want to be shut out themselves, they shouldn't have made the first move by shutting out whoever it is that they themselves do not care for.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back