So, who is responsible?

I am currently taking a break from this board, for the sake of my sanity. However, I couldn't help but notice how Obama called the death of four men in Benghazi a "phony scandal." Since nobody in the Obama administration seems to want to claim responsibility for this tragedy - or wants to blame Republicans for cutting security funding, who is responsible?

Who was to blame for this fiasco? Why is it nobody can be taken to task for mistakes that result in the loss of life? Why do liberals sit at their desks on political forums such as this, pointing fingers at their political opponents? I mean, the needless death of someone should make them angry! But for some reason it doesn't. They'll say anything to acquit Obama or his cabinet from any malfeasance of judgement. Anyhow, I couldn't help but make that observation.

Carry on, USMB denizens.

Your "sanity"?

There is no single person to blame much as no single person was to blame for 911. The likely cause was oil, for much of American and British Foreign Policy has been focused on the oil rich Middle East since the end of WW I. Search, "Mandated Territory after 1918".

Last edited:
The UN did not authorize a US invasion......FACT
Bush, and Bush alone ordered the Iraq invasion.......FACT

is the USA subject to the rule of the UN?

The US congress authorized and funded the Iraq fiasco. Both dem and reps in congress voted for that stupid waste of american lives and money
Bush did not, and could not, do it on his own.

you are at least consistent in your ignorance.

You're lying. The Democrats in the House did not vote for the Iraq war.

you are the liar, you little left wing dipshit

Iraq Resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The US congress authorized and funded the Iraq fiasco. Both dem and reps in congress voted for that stupid waste of american lives and money

Guess what Republicans....you can't play it both ways with the UN. Eithet claim they supported you or not. Don't justify an Iraq invasion to enforce a UN resolution and then claim resolutions don't apply

The Commander in Chief ordered the invasion of Iraq.......PERIOD

more lies from the resident troll ^^^^^ congress authorized and funded it. Bush could not, and did not, do it on his own.

I am currently taking a break from this board, for the sake of my sanity. However, I couldn't help but notice how Obama called the death of four men in Benghazi a "phony scandal." Since nobody in the Obama administration seems to want to claim responsibility for this tragedy - or wants to blame Republicans for cutting security funding, who is responsible?

Who was to blame for this fiasco? Why is it nobody can be taken to task for mistakes that result in the loss of life? Why do liberals sit at their desks on political forums such as this, pointing fingers at their political opponents? I mean, the needless death of someone should make them angry! But for some reason it doesn't. They'll say anything to acquit Obama or his cabinet from any malfeasance of judgement. Anyhow, I couldn't help but make that observation.

Carry on, USMB denizens.

Good. You kind of suck and are a liar. Remember me, bitch.

Carry on, USMB denizens.

The problem is that you and others on the right refuse to listen to the president in an objective manner, you hear everything said through a filter of partisan bias.

Obama is referring to the right’s effort to contrive a controversy where none exists, the phony scandal concerns the lie that the president is involved in a ‘cover up.’

Consequently, the same can be asked of conservatives who sit at their desks on political forums such as this, pointing fingers at their political opponents. Most of these conservatives aren’t ‘angry’ that someone died, they’re angry they’re making no progress with ‘getting rid of Obama.’ Conservatives will say anything to impeach Obama or implicate his cabinet.

So before accusing the president or his Administration of some ‘wrongdoing’ absent any evidence, before accusing liberals of ‘blindly’ defending the president, you should first explore your own partisan motives, and those of your fellow rightists.

Your link shows that the majority of Democrats voted NO while almost every Republican approved the authorization

Is that your point

Guess what Republicans....you can't play it both ways with the UN. Eithet claim they supported you or not. Don't justify an Iraq invasion to enforce a UN resolution and then claim resolutions don't apply

The Commander in Chief ordered the invasion of Iraq.......PERIOD

more lies from the resident troll ^^^^^ congress authorized and funded it. Bush could not, and did not, do it on his own.

Congress authorized......they did not order an invasion

The decision to invade or not was left up to Bush and he screwed the pooch

Carry on, USMB denizens.

Bad things happen in the world we live in. Sometimes we just feel there must be a need to lay blame on someone. Maybe something could have been done differently, maybe not. When 241 Americans were killed in Lebanon, the Reagan administration knew those Marines were in a bad situation and did nothing to better protect them.

In the end, Reagan took the blame pretty much the same way that Obama did. The difference is that with Lebanon, Democrats didn't try to turn it into a political scandal like has been done with Benghazi. What this shows is that this is nothing more than the right showing their outright hatred of Obama. It's all political. It has nothing to do with the four Americans who died.

The Bryan Times - Google News Archive Search

Breaking: Obama Takes Blame for Benghazi Catastrophe: ?Ultimately as Commander in Chief I Am Responsible? | The Gateway Pundit

Your link shows that the majority of Democrats voted NO while almost every Republican approved the authorization

Is that your point

And those who voted ‘yes’ did so in good faith, based on the false information provided by the Bush Administration.

Had members of Congress known at the time Bush was lying about Iraq, that Saddam wasn’t involved in 9/11, that Saddam had no WMDs, that he posed no threat to his people or neighbors, they never would have voted to authorize.

Carry on, USMB denizens.

Your "sanity"?

There is no single person to blame much as no single person was to blame for 911. The likely cause was oil, for much of American and British Foreign Policy has been focused on the oil rich Middle East since the end of WW I. Search, "Mandated Territory after 1918".

That's quite odd, how you liberals vilified Bush for this, now when the blame rests on Obama's shoulders you conveniently move the goalposts. So now "it's nobody's fault." Listen to yourself.

Search "plausible deniability" and get back to me when you grasp the concept.

Carry on, USMB denizens.

You see, the idea of taking a break is that you don't actually show up.

The "Phony Scandal" is that Republicans are trying to find some way to blame Obama and not the terrorists who did it. "Well, they blamed the video". Nope. Said it was terrorism right off the bat.

"Didn't send in rescue teams." Yup. They did. Just not in time to do much good.

What amazes me is no matter how many times the REpublicans get slapped down for their GHOULISH pandering on this issue, they keep coming back for more.

Kormac discovered that actually trying to defend his own idiotic views was quite a bit more difficult than he anticipated.

How can I defend my position from someone who doesn't even have one of his own? Ever think about that? All you have are petty ad hominem attacks. No argument anywhere. Excuse me while I look down on your lack of debate prowess.

Last edited:
It's not about the deaths in Benghazi. People die in wars and things get out of hand. It's about the lies the Obama administration told the public.

Obama should be impeached. Hillary Clinton should be jailed.

You're stupid and lazy.

82 of 209 House Democrats voted for the Iraq Resolution on October 10, 2002. 29 of them voted for it in the Senate. Twenty-nine. That is roughly 58% of them. So yes, they are equally to blame for these needless wars as Republicans are. I know it comes as quite a shock to you, but you see, reality has a way of not being biased.

And here you are, without anything but your words.

Last edited:

Carry on, USMB denizens.

You see, the idea of taking a break is that you don't actually show up.

You see, way back when I was a noob here and when I first met you, I recall you saying something to me, something to the effect of "you won't last long here, you'll fade away like the rest" if I'm not mistaken. But hey, I'm glad it drew your attention. And I am free to leave and return to these boards of my own accord, I don't need your approval or dissent to do so. Don't get your hopes up, I am a permanent fixture here now. Deal with it.

Carry on, USMB denizens.

Look in the mirror.

All I saw was my reflection. What is it you see in the mirror? Never mind, everyone can see it from here.

Ah a clueless political affiliation comment. Neg returned.:up:

Look in the mirror.

All I saw was my reflection. What is it you see in the mirror? Never mind, everyone can see it from here.

Ah a clueless political affiliation comment. Neg returned.:up:

Oh, so what was that "look in the mirror" quip? For someone who doesn't like people making assumptions about his political standing, you sure as hell made one about mine. What a hypocrite you are. I know, that neg tickled a little. In two days I'll return that neg tenfold. You have my word.

Have a good morning.

You are a self proclaimed 'Left Wing Destroyer' whatever the hell that is. No assumptions necessary.

Last edited:
You are self proclaimed 'Left Wing Destroyer' whatever the hell that is. No assumptions necessary.

We can all tell who you are. I put that there to bait people like you into making clueless assumptions about me. It just goes to show how those sorely lacking in restraint so easily jump to conclusions. Worked like a charm.

:lol:

Last edited:
First of all the muslim radicals are to blame.

After that the problem is that the Obama administration didn't tell the truth for weeks. Why do people lie? They lie because they don't want the truth known. What is the actual truth? We may never know this isn't exactly the age of Watergate. There is no MSM asking so this will die along with those at Benghazi.

Ok I'm second post in and I find this post. And freewill is an intelligent poster. But obviously doesn't know the simple truth.

Obama's drone killed AQ #2 who was Libyan.

AQ#1 demanded revenge.

AQ in Libya got it.

This is not a fantasy this is real. Holy toledo guys. I'm in the middle of nowhere Canada and I know this.

Don't you get any news from your alphabet networks?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back