Soleimani was going to blow up our Embassy. That was the imminent threat

Trump said today that there was a plot to blow up our Embassy in Iraq and that was the imminent threat. Why the hell didnā€™t they say that right away?!

simple press release, ā€œTwo designated terrorists got together and were on their way to blow up our Embassy so we took them out.ā€

Then follow up with their crimes and appalling history. Why in the world did they not do that?! The evolution of their messaging with this situation has been very strange.
/----/ Geee - revealing covert information can be tricky. Maybe the President had to wait until it was safe to reveal that information --- ya think?
maybe, letā€™s explore that. What could possibly be dangerous or risky about revealing that the imminent attack was a plot to blow up the embassy?

after exploring that I find that it was a waste of time since we now know it to be the reason,,,

so the only reason to discuss it further is to satisfy your TDS twitch,,,

We are all unclear about what happened as none of us have the classified intel about the situation. Iā€™m trying to keep an even tone to encourage discussion instead of coming at it with hard judgement from one side or the other.

This is ludicrous.

If there were such intel, they'd have handed it to Congress by now. What they provided was deemed an insult to Congress.

If they had such intel, they wouldn't present ever-changing lies dressed up as "rationales" to befuddle gullible.

Ignoring the overwhelming evidence for their lying is not fostering debate. It's just indulging denial. It's "but, but, but what if there are mushroom clouds", over and over and over again. It is willful ignorance while sleepwalking into the next war. That war is still one reckless decision by the know-nothing Doofus away.

I also note that, while busying yourself with "discussion", you didn't find the time to address a single point in my argument. That, also, isn't a way to foster debate.
I agree, there are a ton of ā€œIFā€s and a series of statements that donā€™t make a lot of sense. This is why Iā€™m bringing them up. Fact remains is we dont have the actual classified intel. You can make a pretty educated guess about whatā€™s going on but itā€™s still based on assumptions not hard facts.

so when you get the classified intel you can get back to us,,,in the mean time your TDS tantrum is annoying,,,

SO......

Impeach

Salami?
Avoid topic...

donā€™t answer question...

TDS... snowflake... Libtard... but Obama...

troll
Well, wasn't Our American President called an Imminent Threat?
Probably. All Presidents get called every name in the book. What does that have to do with what Iā€™m bringing up in this thread?
But Pelosi and Every Dem called The President an Imminent threat the "them" so this is why they impeached him.

Who is The Imminent Threat, Trump of Salami?
This thread isn't about what Dems said about Trump and itā€™s not about impeachment. Why canā€™t you just stay on topic?
The Topic is about What is and What IS NOT, and Imminent Threat.

After Claims of an ā€˜Imminent Threatā€™ to Democracy, Democrats Opt to Play Political Games on Impeachment

As House Democrats relentlessly pushed their partisan impeachment at the fastest rate in American history, they were heavily scrutinized for the expedited timeline. In response, they argued President Trump posed an urgent threat to not only Democracy ā€“ but the next election.

Hereā€™s what they said about the necessity for a breakneck pace:

ā€œThey keep taking it to court and, no, weā€™re not going to wait till the courts decide. We canā€™t wait for that.ā€ ā€“ Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Nov. 11th, 2019

ā€œWe view this as urgent.ā€ ā€“ House Intelligence Committee Chair Adam Schiff on Nov. 24th, 2019

ā€œPresident Trumpā€™s actions represent a threat to our national security and an urgent threat to integrity of the next election.ā€ ā€“ House Judiciary Chairman Jerrold Nadler on Dec. 4th, 2019

ā€œAnd right now, Iā€™ve said this before, Iā€™ve never felt Democracy in our country was so endangered as it is under this President. So itā€™s critical.ā€ ā€“ Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick at a Tucson Town Hall on Nov. 7th, 2019

ā€œI swore an oath to place something above all of that, and the safety of this country, the integrity of our democracy, thatā€™s got to come first.ā€ ā€“ Rep. Tom Malinowski at a Wharton Town Hall on Nov. 23rd, 2019

ā€œWe are a system based on rule of law, that no man or woman is above or below those laws. Andā€¦ also, I thought recently of how fragile that system is.ā€ ā€“ Rep. Jason Crow at an Aurora Town Hall on Dec. 15th, 2019

But weeks after voting to impeach President Trump, Nancy Pelosi refuses to transmit the articles to the Senate. When asked about the timetable to address this ā€œurgent threat to the integrity of the next election,ā€ hereā€™s how Pelosi responded:

No comment from @SpeakerPelosi upon arrival to the Capitol when asked about timetable for transmitting impeachment articles to the Senate, per @jparkABC.

"Happy New Year!" she said to reporters.

So

Drone

45?

Pelosi says we have no choice to drone 45. He is an imminent threat to our National Security, and Salami? Why, he was like Elvis Presley or Lady Di...

You can't make this shit up.

Last edited:
Is it against the law to assassinate a foreign leader under USA law? Even if the foreign leader is a bad guy?
It is legal for the US to target and kill TERRORISTS.

Barry took great pride in doing so.

Perhaps you have forgotten Soleimani was the head of the IRCG, officially recognized as a terrorist organization since spring of 2019, the largest terrorist organization in the ME, if not the world, responsible for killing over 500 Americans and over 3,000 men, women, and children throughout the ME...

You defended Barry's use of his own personal st one assassination program, even the violation of Americans' Constitutional Rights of Due Process by killing them abroad with drone strikes...

Democrats declared the killing if terrorist Al-Alaqi by Obama was justified because his CHOICE to lead a terrorist group - like Soleimani - put HIMSELF on the military strike list - like Soleimani.

Democrat and snowflake hypocrisy and blatant irrational hatred for this President has grown so much they / you are not even trying to hide it anymore...

...to the point of becoming terrorist sympathizers and attempting to defend terrorists responsible for the murders of over top Americans and terrorists who shot down another airliner murdering another 17y innocent people WHILE YOU DEFEND AND SIDE WITH THEM...

HOLY SHIT - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
So, is it or is it not illegal to assassinate a foreign government bad guy?

With you people, anything and everything is illegal with Trump so why should taking out a known terrorist who just led an attack on Americans be any different?
I did not say it was illegal? I was asking if it was legal or not, under the law..... , What does the law and rules of engagement say about this kind of kill?

Are you actually trying to make me out to be a bad guy for wanting to know that?
Is it against the law to assassinate a foreign leader under USA law? Even if the foreign leader is a bad guy?
It is legal for the US to target and kill TERRORISTS.

Barry took great pride in doing so.

Perhaps you have forgotten Soleimani was the head of the IRCG, officially recognized as a terrorist organization since spring of 2019, the largest terrorist organization in the ME, if not the world, responsible for killing over 500 Americans and over 3,000 men, women, and children throughout the ME...

You defended Barry's use of his own personal st one assassination program, even the violation of Americans' Constitutional Rights of Due Process by killing them abroad with drone strikes...

Democrats declared the killing if terrorist Al-Alaqi by Obama was justified because his CHOICE to lead a terrorist group - like Soleimani - put HIMSELF on the military strike list - like Soleimani.

Democrat and snowflake hypocrisy and blatant irrational hatred for this President has grown so much they / you are not even trying to hide it anymore...

...to the point of becoming terrorist sympathizers and attempting to defend terrorists responsible for the murders of over top Americans and terrorists who shot down another airliner murdering another 17y innocent people WHILE YOU DEFEND AND SIDE WITH THEM...

HOLY SHIT - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
So, is it or is it not illegal to assassinate a foreign government bad guy?

With you people, anything and everything is illegal with Trump so why should taking out a known terrorist who just led an attack on Americans be any different?
I did not say it was illegal? I was asking if it was legal or not, under the law..... , What does the law and rules of engagement say about this kind of kill?

Are you actually trying to make me out to be a bad guy for wanting to know that?

I did not say you were a bad guy.

Trump said today that there was a plot to blow up our Embassy in Iraq and that was the imminent threat. Why the hell didnā€™t they say that right away?!

simple press release, ā€œTwo designated terrorists got together and were on their way to blow up our Embassy so we took them out.ā€

Then follow up with their crimes and appalling history. Why in the world did they not do that?! The evolution of their messaging with this situation has been very strange.
/----/ Geee - revealing covert information can be tricky. Maybe the President had to wait until it was safe to reveal that information --- ya think?
maybe, letā€™s explore that. What could possibly be dangerous or risky about revealing that the imminent attack was a plot to blow up the embassy?

after exploring that I find that it was a waste of time since we now know it to be the reason,,,

Well then you are very welcome to leave the thread. Thanks for playing

We are all unclear about what happened as none of us have the classified intel about the situation. Iā€™m trying to keep an even tone to encourage discussion instead of coming at it with hard judgement from one side or the other.

This is ludicrous.

If there were such intel, they'd have handed it to Congress by now. What they provided was deemed an insult to Congress.

If they had such intel, they wouldn't present ever-changing lies dressed up as "rationales" to befuddle gullible.

Ignoring the overwhelming evidence for their lying is not fostering debate. It's just indulging denial. It's "but, but, but what if there are mushroom clouds", over and over and over again. It is willful ignorance while sleepwalking into the next war. That war is still one reckless decision by the know-nothing Doofus away.

I also note that, while busying yourself with "discussion", you didn't find the time to address a single point in my argument. That, also, isn't a way to foster debate.
I agree, there are a ton of ā€œIFā€s and a series of statements that donā€™t make a lot of sense. This is why Iā€™m bringing them up. Fact remains is we dont have the actual classified intel. You can make a pretty educated guess about whatā€™s going on but itā€™s still based on assumptions not hard facts.

so when you get the classified intel you can get back to us,,,in the mean time your TDS tantrum is annoying,,,
Bye then

Avoid topic...

donā€™t answer question...

TDS... snowflake... Libtard... but Obama...

troll
Well, wasn't Our American President called an Imminent Threat?
Probably. All Presidents get called every name in the book. What does that have to do with what Iā€™m bringing up in this thread?
But Pelosi and Every Dem called The President an Imminent threat the "them" so this is why they impeached him.

This thread isn't about what Dems said about Trump and itā€™s not about impeachment. Why canā€™t you just stay on topic?

After Claims of an ā€˜Imminent Threatā€™ to Democracy, Democrats Opt to Play Political Games on Impeachment

As House Democrats relentlessly pushed their partisan impeachment at the fastest rate in American history, they were heavily scrutinized for the expedited timeline. In response, they argued President Trump posed an urgent threat to not only Democracy ā€“ but the next election.

ā€œThey keep taking it to court and, no, weā€™re not going to wait till the courts decide. We canā€™t wait for that.ā€ ā€“ Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Nov. 11th, 2019

ā€œWe view this as urgent.ā€ ā€“ House Intelligence Committee Chair Adam Schiff on Nov. 24th, 2019

ā€œPresident Trumpā€™s actions represent a threat to our national security and an urgent threat to integrity of the next election.ā€ ā€“ House Judiciary Chairman Jerrold Nadler on Dec. 4th, 2019

ā€œAnd right now, Iā€™ve said this before, Iā€™ve never felt Democracy in our country was so endangered as it is under this President. So itā€™s critical.ā€ ā€“ Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick at a Tucson Town Hall on Nov. 7th, 2019

ā€œI swore an oath to place something above all of that, and the safety of this country, the integrity of our democracy, thatā€™s got to come first.ā€ ā€“ Rep. Tom Malinowski at a Wharton Town Hall on Nov. 23rd, 2019

ā€œWe are a system based on rule of law, that no man or woman is above or below those laws. Andā€¦ also, I thought recently of how fragile that system is.ā€ ā€“ Rep. Jason Crow at an Aurora Town Hall on Dec. 15th, 2019

But weeks after voting to impeach President Trump, Nancy Pelosi refuses to transmit the articles to the Senate. When asked about the timetable to address this ā€œurgent threat to the integrity of the next election,ā€ hereā€™s how Pelosi responded:

No comment from @SpeakerPelosi upon arrival to the Capitol when asked about timetable for transmitting impeachment articles to the Senate, per @jparkABC.

So

Drone

45?

Pelosi says we have no choice to drone 45. He is an imminent threat to our National Security, and Salami? Why, he was like Elvis Presley or Lady Di...

No thatā€™s not the topic. I started the thread, I know the topic. Stop trolling

I dont get you,,,
we know salami was a terrorist with thousands of dead on his resume and we now know he was again planning a 2nd attack on our embassy,,,
so we killed him when he stepped into our field,,

and youre crying like a little bitch because the government didnt tell you what you wanted to know in a time you wanted to know it,,,

WTF???
why not just be happy hes dead and move on??

Mind boggling.

Their ever-changing rationales is not a hard fact? The conclusion they are lying is not amply justified by their ever-changing rationales?

That there is no plausible scenario that murdering Soleimani would prevent an "imminent attack" is not a hard fact?

That Soleimani's murder would increase, rather than decrease, the threat to Americans in the region, is not a hard fact?

Also, you are professing a standard of "hard fact" that intel even in the best of circumstances almost never meets, as you should know.

All told, you are just in denial. It would appear, the plainly inevitable conclusion that the Doofus got the nation to the brink of war, one accident away, without the first clue as to what he is doing, is just too painful for you to draw - for reasons defying understanding. In the case of subservient, know-nothing Trumpletons, I expect no less. In your case, as I said, it boggles the mind.

President Trump is the "sue for everything to prevent truth" person, he's the master of that domain, not me!!!

It would be nice if we all simply Tell the truth, imo, instead of having to sue in the courts for it... :rolleyes:

Where did you get your legal expertise Care? Usually courts are where the truth comes out, not where the truth is concealed. Have you been watching the democrat witch trials where every standard is violated? That is actually a bunch adults acting like bratty teenagers who did not get their way, and can not admit the truth... they sucked, a lot. Trump is our president.
The president holds only 1/3 the power of our full government, he is not King.... You do know that a president does not have the power of a king in our Democratic Constitutional Republic, right?

What democratic witch trials?

I've stayed away from my 24/7 watching the news since the assassination, because it brings back scary and bad memories of early childhood, when dad was deployed to a war zone for a year.... I feared day and night, I would never see him again....

The assassination and what it could all lead to, with all the news, beating war drums.... was just too much for me.... it triggered sad feelings from the past and worry for other military families, affected by what might happen to their family and loved one, that serves......

So, I've been staying off the NEWS as much as I can, and have been watching thoughtless things like Ancient Aliens and Return to Oak Island and The Price is Right! :D

So, what dem witch trials are you speaking about?

Our president Trump is no king indeed, he is the phenomenal God-Emperor of America.

Democratic witch trials:
- President Trump's shampeachment.
- Justice Kavanaugh's witchery accusations.

They really want a fact free society.

Good news for your trauma. Trump is almost certainly putting America first and bringing the troops home.
Since Obama left and Trump took over, Trump has added 20,000 troops to the middle east...

And drone attacks and civilian kills have gone up 400% since he took office....

He's telling you he's a man of peace, wants to bring troops home, blah blah blah, but does just the opposite..... :rolleyes:

In your last post you were complaining how he withdrew troops.

Now you are complaining how he as increased the presence.

:twirl:

Care, TDS is no joking matter. Remember to care also for yourself.

Whatever Trump does in regards to foreign policy, is always the exact thing he should NOT be doing. He should not have pulled the troops out of Northern Syria, abandoning the Kurds the USA was pledged to protect.

He should NOT be providing support or assistance to the Saudi's in their genocide in Yemen.

And he should NOT be ordering the assassinations of foreign government officials in foreign nations. He took the world to the brink of war over this and has utterly destroyed NATO and ALL of your strategic alliances in doing so.

Both in his withdrawal of forces in Syria, and in his assassination of Soleimani, Trump has exposed the troops of your NATO Allies to danger, without so much as a phone call to your allies as to what he was about to do.

Both Trudeau and Macron have taken Trump to task for putting French and Canadian troops at risk in his pull out from Northern Syria. The French and the Canadians have been working on the war against ISIS, and deserved better.

The US Troops apparently had advance notice of the incoming Iranian air strikes. The Canadian troops on that base, were not given the same information, and were left with their asses hanging out in the breeze. Then Trump says it's time for NATO to step up their game against Iran. Go fuck yourself.

Not once has Trump mentioned the 176 people who died because of all of his stupidity. They were little people. They don't matter. Just like the French and Canadian soldiers in Syria and Iraq, don't matter to Trump.

This is why Trump is completely on his own in this fight. We don't need friends like the USA. We're cheering for impeachment here. This lying scum needs to go.

I dont get you,,,
we know salami was a terrorist with thousands of dead on his resume and we now know he was again planning a 2nd attack on our embassy,,,

and youre crying like a little bitch because the government didnt tell you what you wanted to know in a time you wanted to know it,,,

WTF???
Ive explained all that several times. If you donā€™t get it by now then you're never gonna get it. Iā€™ve lost hope for you grasshopper. Perhaps youā€™re better off in another field.

Isn't 18 years where will it end, hyperbole?

I have no clue when it will end and you don't answer a question with a question.

So what is the point?
That's fine. I'm speaking to someone who never answers questions in you.

How come you keep doing things you chide others for?

Right, there is no point.

I was asked whether I was OK with others getting nuclear weapons. I said I was. I then was asked that 5 more times .

Again, what is the point?
And yesterday I asked you a lot of questions you never answered. Someone else noted you doing the same to them. Seems you are just forever misunderstood.

The person who's question I answered. They just didn't expect the answer I gave them.

When asked a vague question all you can get is a vague response also.
so when you don't like it when i answer your question with a question...how is that any different?

I dont get you,,,

WTF???
Ive explained all that several times. If you donā€™t get it by now then you're never gonna get it. Iā€™ve lost hope for you grasshopper. Perhaps youā€™re better off in another field.
Well, how about you start your tardling thread with defining what an Imminent Threat is. After All Nazi Pelosi and her Non Binding Toilet Paper Resolution also referenced "Imminent Threat" & she called our President an "Imminent Threat". So is Pelosi confused or just senile? Maybe you are confused too.

Where did you get your legal expertise Care? Usually courts are where the truth comes out, not where the truth is concealed. Have you been watching the democrat witch trials where every standard is violated? That is actually a bunch adults acting like bratty teenagers who did not get their way, and can not admit the truth... they sucked, a lot. Trump is our president.
The president holds only 1/3 the power of our full government, he is not King.... You do know that a president does not have the power of a king in our Democratic Constitutional Republic, right?

I've stayed away from my 24/7 watching the news since the assassination, because it brings back scary and bad memories of early childhood, when dad was deployed to a war zone for a year.... I feared day and night, I would never see him again....

The assassination and what it could all lead to, with all the news, beating war drums.... was just too much for me.... it triggered sad feelings from the past and worry for other military families, affected by what might happen to their family and loved one, that serves......

So, I've been staying off the NEWS as much as I can, and have been watching thoughtless things like Ancient Aliens and Return to Oak Island and The Price is Right! :D

Our president Trump is no king indeed, he is the phenomenal God-Emperor of America.

Democratic witch trials:
- President Trump's shampeachment.
- Justice Kavanaugh's witchery accusations.

They really want a fact free society.

Good news for your trauma. Trump is almost certainly putting America first and bringing the troops home.
Since Obama left and Trump took over, Trump has added 20,000 troops to the middle east...

And drone attacks and civilian kills have gone up 400% since he took office....

He's telling you he's a man of peace, wants to bring troops home, blah blah blah, but does just the opposite..... :rolleyes:

In your last post you were complaining how he withdrew troops.

Now you are complaining how he as increased the presence.

:twirl:

Care, TDS is no joking matter. Remember to care also for yourself.

Whatever Trump does in regards to foreign policy, is always the exact thing he should NOT be doing. He should not have pulled the troops out of Northern Syria, abandoning the Kurds the USA was pledged to protect.

He should NOT be providing support or assistance to the Saudi's in their genocide in Yemen.

And he should NOT be ordering the assassinations of foreign government officials in foreign nations. He took the world to the brink of war over this and has utterly destroyed NATO and ALL of your strategic alliances in doing so.

Both in his withdrawal of forces in Syria, and in his assassination of Soleimani, Trump has exposed the troops of your NATO Allies to danger, without so much as a phone call to your allies as to what he was about to do.

Both Trudeau and Macron have taken Trump to task for putting French and Canadian troops at risk in his pull out from Northern Syria. The French and the Canadians have been working on the war against ISIS, and deserved better.

The US Troops apparently had advance notice of the incoming Iranian air strikes. The Canadian troops on that base, were not given the same information, and were left with their asses hanging out in the breeze. Then Trump says it's time for NATO to step up their game against Iran. Go fuck yourself.

Not once has Trump mentioned the 176 people who died because of all of his stupidity. They were little people. They don't matter. Just like the French and Canadian soldiers in Syria and Iraq, don't matter to Trump.

This is why Trump is completely on his own in this fight. We don't need friends like the USA. We're cheering for impeachment here. This lying scum needs to go.

Canadian leftist cat ladies SHOULD NOT be attempting to provide any American advice on how to do absolutely anything.

Especially one who is moronic enough to blame Trump for the fact that Iran butchered bunch of Canadians.

Total whackjob. You are a nobody with moronic opinions regarding things which don't concern you. Which part of that do you not understand?

Dear nutbags,

Benghazi has been investigated. There was no evidence revealed that shows that the Obama administration lied about that attack.

What was revealed is that the Obama administration tried to relay as much info as possible as quickly as possible. And when they spoke of the video playing a role in the attack, that was the actual intelligence that they had at the time.

So, as you make excuses for the fact that Pompeo and Trump have lied to you about the reason they killed Soleimani, please try harder.

Thanks.
So they spoke out without validation first.

Validation takes time.

Trump takes time.

It's still not right.

Rinse and repeat.
There is a pretty big difference in these scenarios. Obama was explaining why they think the embassy was attacked. Trump was explaining why he made the decision to attack. See the difference?
yes - i do realize there is a difference. but in my mind, they flat out lied about the video. many involved directly in benghazi have posted for years how badly we reacted to that. whether you agree with them or not isn't the point - the point is we have a lot of people who were there who highly question what our gov did.

in this scenario, we're questioning why trump took so long to tell us why. this in my mind assumes we're owed an answer immediately. we seem to live in an instant gratification society whereby if we don't finish our wars by dinner, don't answer our question fully by the 9pm news, and the like, something bad is happening.

i think that is a shallow mindset not based in reality.

at least in this instance we don't have dead americans with their families asking us why we did nothing at all. we're busy now asking why we weren't told why we did what we did by the 9pm news.

to me this makes it a much smaller problem of finding out days later than finding out days later you were lied to.

see the difference?

I dont get you,,,

WTF???

so your TDS tantrum is just internal and you decided to annoy the rest of us with it,,,

seriously dude the problem is with you ,,,

I have no clue when it will end and you don't answer a question with a question.

So what is the point?
That's fine. I'm speaking to someone who never answers questions in you.

How come you keep doing things you chide others for?

Right, there is no point.

I was asked whether I was OK with others getting nuclear weapons. I said I was. I then was asked that 5 more times .

Again, what is the point?
And yesterday I asked you a lot of questions you never answered. Someone else noted you doing the same to them. Seems you are just forever misunderstood.

The person who's question I answered. They just didn't expect the answer I gave them.

When asked a vague question all you can get is a vague response also.
so when you don't like it when i answer your question with a question...how is that any different?

I answered the question. All can have nukes if it forces us to mind our own business.

Check the Constitution - President Trump has specific powers and authorities, the same ones Barry wielded except Trump so far has wielded some of those powers far less than Barry did. If President Trump just violated the Constitution, broke laws, or abused his power by directing a drone strike that resulted in the death of the leader of the largest officially recognized terrorist organization in the world, one responsible for over 500 American deaths with more being planned, then Barry is even guilty even more than Trump because he not only set the precedence but he also killed American citizens abroad. You can't have it both ways, snowflake,

...and Did you hunker down in your safe space and rant about how Barry was abusing his power and making you / us less safe when Barry was running hit own personal drone assassination program?

It is amazing how the Iranian people wanted to see this SOB dead and celebrated his death, yet Democrats and snowflakes mourned mourn his death as if he was a US 'national treasure'.

:rolleyes:

So

Drone

45?

No thatā€™s not the topic. I started the thread, I know the topic. Stop trolling
Make America Bleed Again is the topic.
I warned you three times. Not your trolling gets reported

Dear nutbags,

Benghazi has been investigated. There was no evidence revealed that shows that the Obama administration lied about that attack.

What was revealed is that the Obama administration tried to relay as much info as possible as quickly as possible. And when they spoke of the video playing a role in the attack, that was the actual intelligence that they had at the time.

So, as you make excuses for the fact that Pompeo and Trump have lied to you about the reason they killed Soleimani, please try harder.

Thanks.
So they spoke out without validation first.

Validation takes time.

Trump takes time.

It's still not right.

Rinse and repeat.
There is a pretty big difference in these scenarios. Obama was explaining why they think the embassy was attacked. Trump was explaining why he made the decision to attack. See the difference?
yes - i do realize there is a difference. but in my mind, they flat out lied about the video. many involved directly in benghazi have posted for years how badly we reacted to that. whether you agree with them or not isn't the point - the point is we have a lot of people who were there who highly question what our gov did.

in this scenario, we're questioning why trump took so long to tell us why. this in my mind assumes we're owed an answer immediately. we seem to live in an instant gratification society whereby if we don't finish our wars by dinner, don't answer our question fully by the 9pm news, and the like, something bad is happening.

i think that is a shallow mindset not based in reality.

at least in this instance we don't have dead americans with their families asking us why we did nothing at all. we're busy now asking why we weren't told why we did what we did by the 9pm news.

to me this makes it a much smaller problem of finding out days later than finding out days later you were lied to.

see the difference?
But you do see in the reaction of events following the killing Soleimani there are 200 dead right? A couple dozen from the funeral and 176 in the plane that was shot down. Yes Iranā€™s fault. And also yes, a result of reacting to Trumps decision to kill Soleimani. The reaction was somewhat predictable... agreed?

Forum List

Back