Some Good News that Everyone Should Cheer

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
Regardless of their party or politics, everyone should be thrilled at the amazing progress that we have made against ISIS in the last 11 months, thanks to President Trump and Secretary Mattis dumping Obama's bizarre rules of engagement and allowing local commanders to make battlefield decisions. I find it especially interesting that the Iraqi Ministry of Defense has acknowledged that they are getting better support from Trump than they did from Obama! An excerpt:

BAGHDAD – Hundreds of ISIS fighters had just been chased out of a northern Syrian city and were fleeing through the desert in long convoys, presenting an easy target to U.S. A-10 "warthogs."

But the orders to bomb the black-clad jihadists never came, and the terrorists melted into their caliphate -- living to fight another day. The events came in August 2016, even as then-Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump was vowing on the campaign trail to let generals in his administration crush the organization that, under President Obama, had grown from the “jayvee team” to the world’s most feared terrorist organization. . . .

Just over a year later, ISIS has been routed from Iraq and Syria with an ease and speed that's surprised even the men and women who carried out the mission. Experts say it's a prime example of a campaign promise kept. President Trump scrapped his predecessor’s rules of engagement, which critics say hamstrung the military, and let battlefield decisions be made by the generals in the theater, and not bureaucrats in Washington. . . .

While the Trump administration’s success is often underplayed in the U.S. media, it is obvious on the ground in Iraq, according to a spokesman for Iraq’s Ministry of Defense, Yahya Rasool.

“I was not optimistic when Trump first came to the office,” Rasool said. “But after a while I started to see a new approach, the way the U.S. was dealing with arming and training. I saw how the coalition forces were all moving faster to help the Iraq side more than before. There seemed to be a lot of support, under Obama we did not get this.”

Trump, Mattis turn military loose on ISIS, leaving terror caliphate in tatters

Obama's policies beat ISIS with minimal US casualties.

Just remember, the conservative nuts who bitched about our leaving Iraq wanted us to keep thousands of troops there,
who ultimately would have been the ones dying by the hundreds fighting ISIS.

Just remember, the conservative nuts who bitched about our leaving Iraq wanted us to keep thousands of troops there,

No kidding, ISIS, the JV team.

We have been fighting in the Mid East since Operation Desert Storm (17January1991 )
Now after nearly 26 years we are finally making progress? Bull shit!
Why are we even still over there wasting our money and putting American lives on the line for nothing. Don't be dumb enough to say we are making Americans safer.

How many Americans were lost defeating ISIS?

How many idiot liberals were aware of the rules of warfare under Obama?

Putin has cleaned up Obama's mess and completely destroyed ISIS in Syria in just 2 years and OP is talking about "amazing progress that we have made against ISIS". FYI, Russians have been making as many sorties per day as all Coalition has been making per month.

BBC journalists have filmed how Pentagon helped ISIS to escape with thew weapons, that was a REAL progress:

Footage secretly filmed and passed to us shows lorries towing trailers crammed with armed men. Despite an agreement to take only personal weapons, IS fighters took everything they could carry. Ten trucks were loaded with weapons and ammunition.
Raqqa's dirty secret - BBC News

Last edited:

Whatever they were they must have worked pretty well since you don't have the guts to state for the record how many Americans were killed during Obama's successful plan to defeat of ISIS.

Oh, to be precise, the IRAQIS defeated ISIS, with our help.

Something that for some strange reason the Obama haters think was a bad way of doing it. The Obama haters for some strange reason would have preferred Americans doing almost all the fighting and dying.

Whatever they were they must have worked pretty well since you don't have the guts to state for the record how many Americans were killed during Obama's successful plan to defeat of ISIS.

Yeah, Obama's "successful" plan to defeat ISIS (the JV team) was to have them die of old age.

I suppose it's good that ISIS has lost its "caliphate" in Syria and Iraq, but it seems they are spreading over North Africa and other parts of the Middle East and causing widespread issues everywhere. The reason we are still sticking our nose in here, there and everywhere it to prevent ISIS from finding another weakened state to invade and re-establish their reign of terror.
The "war" against ISIS is not going to be over until the Muslim religion stops tolerating extremist splinter groups that spread their "religion" with M-16's and rockets, fear and fascist governing techniques. Why anyone thinks ISIS is a good organization is beyond me; I suppose they are popular with some folks for fighting groups that they also oppose, making them "enemies of my enemies," but I doubt if anyone would really want to have them in charge in the end.

Forum List

Back