🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Some Patients Refuse to See Doctors of Different Race

I read about this earlier and it baffles me as much now as it did then. To refuse medical from from someone due to their skin color? I mean...really???? That is just assinine.

No - it's common sense. Thanks to affirmative action, most black care-givers are unqualified and everyone knows it.

I assume black women sexually assaulted by white men need not be concerned?

Even the anti-white DOJ led by racist eric holder admits that is practically unheard of. Most years there are ZERO white on black rapes and thousands of black on white rapes.

I read about this earlier and it baffles me as much now as it did then. To refuse medical from from someone due to their skin color? I mean...really???? That is just assinine.

No - it's common sense. Thanks to affirmative action, most black care-givers are unqualified and everyone knows it.

So you sar the Harvard School of Medicine has a different grading scale for doctors with more pigment in their skin?

You talk alot on the subject so I assume you have a link or two?

Speedo..

Didn't you do this thread already? Didn't get enough abuse last time?

Such requests are granted only in exceptional circumstances such as traumatised rape victims treated in the emergency departments and the cases involving white supremacist parents who would become extremely violent if their requests were refused, possibly endangering medical staffers. I know a Michigan woman who got the boot at a hospital after making such a request and the article's sensational claim that it's one of medicine's "open secrets" may not be entirely accurate.

Such requests are granted only in exceptional circumstances such as traumatised rape victims treated in the emergency departments and the cases involving white supremacist parents who would become extremely violent if their requests were refused, possibly endangering medical staffers. I know a Michigan woman who got the boot at a hospital after making such a request and the article's sensational claim that it's one of medicine's "open secrets" may not be entirely accurate.

Got the boot???. I hope she sued because people have a right to choose who they want as their doctor esp when the issue is the qualifications of the doc. You liberals are crazy to say otherwise.

So you sar the Harvard School of Medicine has a different grading scale for doctors with more pigment in their skin?

You talk alot on the subject so I assume you have a link or two?

Here's your link and it's mindboggling the favoritism given to negros and hispos.

CARPE DIEM: Medical School Acceptance Rates, 2008-2010

I did not ask for acceptance rates. I asked for grading scales. I will happily take graduation rates and average GPA if you have them.

Heck, I'll rep ya if you have success rates for ACL repair or any other type of surgery based on doctor's skin color. (I dug up some knee repair rates and average recovery times a few years back when it was a a personal thing.

The language barrier is a consideration. I hate to think I am missing out on the best heart doctor in the world because uncultured me couldn't understand her. However at some point I do need to be able to communicate with him or her.

Thank goodness we sell tons of furniture to Indian software engineers. Their accent is no longer that big a deal for me now I have been exposed to it. Thank goodness I just don't hang out in the white guys bar lol.

Because I have more confidence in their communication skills and their ability to understand me and me them.

Do you speak any language other than English?

I speak a little Spanish and am currently using the Rosetta Stone Italian course because we might be taking a trip to Tuscany this fall. But I am not fluent by any measure.

Do you think that an accent indicates poor communication skills or the inability to understand each other?

I can understand why a white woman would be reluctant to let a black male doctor examine her.

Why?

Mandingo

mandingo2on1.jpg

Last edited:
Do you speak any language other than English?

I speak a little Spanish and am currently using the Rosetta Stone Italian course because we might be taking a trip to Tuscany this fall. But I am not fluent by any measure.

Do you think that an accent indicates poor communication skills or the inability to understand each other?

No. But a heavy accent has a effect on communication. I don't like to have to ask a doctor to repeat himself because of an accent.

And For those who American English is not a first language there are always some issues with idioms and vernacular and subtleties are missed by those for whom English is a second language.

When i go to a Doctor I am there for one thing; my health. I am proactive in that area and if there is any impediment to communication and understanding then I avoid it.

Hell If I were practicing medicine in France and I had only been speaking French for a few years I would understand if someone would choose a native Frenchmen for a Dr.

No. But a heavy accent has a effect on communication. I don't like to have to ask a doctor to repeat himself because I of an accent.

And For those who American English is not a first language there re always some issues with idioms and vernacular and subtleties are missed by those for whom English is a second language.

When i go to a Doctor I am there for one thing; my health. I am proactive in that area and if there is any impediment to communication and understanding then I avoid it.

Hell If I were practicing medicine in France and I had only been speaking French for a few years I would understand if someone would choose a native Frenchmen for a Dr.

Hmm, what about a British or Australian Doctor? sometimes those guys have such thick accents its hard to understand them.

No. But a heavy accent has a effect on communication. I don't like to have to ask a doctor to repeat himself because I of an accent.

And For those who American English is not a first language there re always some issues with idioms and vernacular and subtleties are missed by those for whom English is a second language.

Hmm, what about a British or Australian Doctor? sometimes those guys have such thick accents its hard to understand them.

True. Sometimes I watch the BBC and I don't know what the fuck those guys are saying.

And again if the accent gets in the way I would rather avoid it. I'm not judging anyone's intelligence because of an accent I'm just making it easier to attend to my own health.

Forum List

Back