Sorry, College Grads, You’ll Probably Never Get Your Social Security Money

My next door neighbors borrowed heavily from their 401k to pay for medical costs for their 8 year old son who has cancer. So in the cons warped view with privatized SS when these good people turn 65, fuck em, they didn't plan right.

You Progs are always so full of hate.

Conservatives would like to see people such as your neighbors keep and save more of their income so they have the resources to take care of themselves...instead of forking over 50%+ of their lifetime income to government functionaries to waste.

and so you think they still wont touch it?.....all that will do is give them more money to blow....

Social Security holds bonds. They constantly mature, then they are redeemed. The federal government has to redeem the bond, or default.

I can't name any politicians in Washington who support a US default on SS securities leading to cessation of SS paychecks,

can you?

you know as well as i they take money out of there all the time....2.6 trillion dollars comes to mind.....did they pay that back?.....

They don't have to pay it back until such time it might be needed. In the meantime the money makes interest.

Social Security holds bonds. They constantly mature, then they are redeemed. The federal government has to redeem the bond, or default.

I can't name any politicians in Washington who support a US default on SS securities leading to cessation of SS paychecks,

can you?

you know as well as i they take money out of there all the time....2.6 trillion dollars comes to mind.....did they pay that back?.....

They don't have to pay it back until such time it might be needed. In the meantime the money makes interest.

Oh, for goodness sake.

Where does the interest come from? From taxes on working people. SS is not an investment, it is a TAX on future generations.

I believe the best way to protect Social Security is to remove all of the income caps on which FICA is collected.

If a rich person pays twice the FICA, they'll get twice the benefit.
How will that "solve all the problems very quickly"?

He wants to raise the rich person's taxes but not his benefits. They'll have a hard time pretending SSI is not a welfare program if that ever happens.
You are close Brit, but not precisely what I meant. All benefits are currently skewed toward the less wealthy. Maintaining that formula will pay appropriate benefits to EVERYONE, but still add to the trust fund such that it will be solvent.

Maintaining that formula will pay appropriate benefits to EVERYONE

Nope. You could triple everyone's tax and triple everyone's benefits and it would still be unsustainable.

can you?

they should not be able to touch it.....not i cent....

When the kitty for Social Security and Medicare run dry why not just print more funny-money? He, it's supposed to have fixed every other economic woe.

Only this time let's put Obama's smirking face on the $10,000 bill - the one you'll use to buy what used to be a dime bag......

Do you know how ignorant that is? The Trust Fund earns 100 billion a year in interest because it's invested in US securities,

in fact, the Trust Fund used some of that interest in making payouts the last 2 years to supplement incoming revenue,

so that the Trust Fund balance didn't have to be depleted.

Do you know how ignorant that is? The Trust Fund earns 100 billion a year in interest because it's invested in US securities,

in fact, the Trust Fund used some of that interest in making payouts the last 2 years to supplement incoming revenue,

The far left continues to show how disconnected they are form reality..

Fist off the first dip in the SS trust fund was done by Nixon to pay for the Vietnam war.

Regan tried to stop the dipping into the trust fund when the far left Congress was able to over ride his veto on letting Congress access the SS trust fund.

Mainly the SS trust fund is in the form of IOU's..

When will the far left learn they are part of the problem and never part of the solution..

The current predictions on SS becoming totally insolvent are 2025 to 2030. And that was done by the CBO they also now because of Obamacare Medicare becomes insolvent in 2020 to 2025.

Once again the far left should never be in control of anything..

Fist off the first dip in the SS trust fund was done by Nixon to pay for the Vietnam war.

Regan tried to stop the dipping into the trust fund when the far left Congress was able to over ride his veto on letting Congress access the SS trust fund.

When will the far left learn they are part of the problem and never part of the solution..

The current predictions on SS becoming totally insolvent are 2025 to 2030. And that was done by the CBO they also now because of Obamacare Medicare becomes insolvent in 2020 to 2025.

You do realize that Reagan had a Republican controlled Senate for all but two of his 8 years, right?

You do realize that Reagan had a Republican controlled Senate for all but two of his 8 years, right?

And like I said the far left that controlled Congress.. Many of the (R)'s were once (D)'s and still voted far left, but then again the far left loves to rewrite history.

And like I said the far left that controlled Congress.. Many of the (R)'s were once (D)'s and still voted far left, but then again the far left loves to rewrite history.

Oh really? Who? Which of the members of the Republican senate, that voted to override Reagan's veto, used to be Democrats?

97th Congress

98th Congress

Seems like you're the one attempting to re-write history.

Oh really? Who? Which of the members of the Republican senate, that voted to override Reagan's veto, used to be Democrats?

97th Congress

98th Congress

Yes typical far left can not see that many jumped ship during the 70's.

I go by voting records not by the letter next to someone's name..

Then again it would be easy to point them all including the President at the time that once a Democrat..

But if you want to deny that happened or that none of the (R)'s used to be (D)'s then you can continue to rewrite history, as the far left loves to do..

Virtually nothing you said is true.

97th Congress

98th Congress

Then again it would be easy to point them all including the President at the time that once a Democrat..

But if you want to deny that happened or that none of the (R)'s used to be (D)'s then you can continue to rewrite history, as the far left loves to do..

Come on dude, name names! Also...how many of those "used to be Dems" that you claim were in the Senate used to be Southern Dems...just out of curiosity. :eusa_whistle:

Virtually nothing you said is true.

Looking in the mirror again when you posted that? or still believing the far left talking points and propaganda?

Colleges have been inflating their tuition rates for years and passing it on the students. Why doesnt anyone complain? Why does everyone just accept it?

Because the vast majority of colleges and Universities are part of the Liberal-Progressive Indoctrination "Machine" - Their objectives are not to educate but to indoctrinate, and to financially shackle not liberate the graduate.

97th Congress

98th Congress

Come on dude, name names! Also...how many of those "used to be Dems" that you claim were in the Senate used to be Southern Dems...just out of curiosity. :eusa_whistle:

" What difference does it make ? "

97th Congress

98th Congress

So you are denying that many of those (R)'s used to be (D)'s..

Go figure that one..

Typical far left denies history and wants to rewrite it. But then again a letter means more to you that how they vote. Goes to show that a letter means more to the far left than what the actual person does.

Duh, been saying this for years. Bush recognized this and tried to do something, but the left screeched and hollered that the sky would come tumbling down because people would actually have more control over their own retirement and golly gee, we can't have that.

Over the last month, millions of students have been celebrating their college graduation. These students have been saving, studying, and looking forward toward to that moment for years. Now with graduation behind them, their next big investment could be a car, a house, or even open a portfolio for retirement. Unfortunately, a recent Pew poll found that only eight percent of millennials expect to receive full Social Security benefits when they retire. With a bleak postgraduate job climate, the prospects for government-backed retirement insurance may be even worse. The Social Security system in the U.S. is in financial ruin and requires structural changes in the form of private retirement account options to ensure Millennials receive benefits upon retirement.

Read more: Sorry, College Grads, You?ll Probably Never Get Your Social Security Money | The Daily Caller

We just need to convince baby boomers to "cross over" to the next life about 6-10 years early and we'll be fine.

Offer tax benefits to their heirs.

Don't worry about that, the new Health Care Act is all set up to do just that.

Forum List

Back