South Carolina schools may teach gun safety and training

Gun Safety for kids does not involve using one. They are for killing things and no child need do that, not in this day and age.

Ironic because this is the same tacit that crazy the anti-sex-ed Christians use.

Safe sex is no sex.

I was taught how to use a gun when I was 11. I don't currently own of a gun, but if I had to use one I'm glad that I know how.
Safe Sex for kids is no sex, after they are old enough to reproduce and pass STDs around that is. And the consequences of that are much less than a kid who thinks he knows how to use a gun instead of staying the fuck away from them.

Playboy doesn't teach The History of Feminism. The KKK doesn't teach Understanding Racism. And the NRA shouldn't be teaching Gun Safety, they aren't qualified.

There is nobody more qualified to teach gun safety to teenagers. This is not about teaching small children gun safety. These would, undoubtedly be high school students.

Abstinence only sex ed has worked so well, hasn't it?? Like the "Just Say No" crap did.
Just Say No to guns is exactly right in this case. And teenagers will always have sex, it would just be best for us if they didn't. Stop confusing what is from what's best. No sex, no drugs, no guns, no driving and what do you know, we have a living adult instead of a dead teenager.

So all the teens who died because they were ignorant of basic gun safety rules is ok? Just more "Ban the guns" fodder?

Your fear of teaching teenagers is noted.

Look up the figures on pregnancy rates in areas that teach Abstinence Only versus a complete sex ed. The numbers don't lie. lol
Dummy, how effective a program is doesn't change the fact that the only Safe Sex for teens is jerking off, alone. Learn to be rational, and you aren't.

Gun Safety for kids does not involve using one. They are for killing things and no child need do that, not in this day and age.

Ironic because this is the same tacit that crazy the anti-sex-ed Christians use.

Safe sex is no sex.

I was taught how to use a gun when I was 11. I don't currently own of a gun, but if I had to use one I'm glad that I know how.
Safe Sex for kids is no sex, after they are old enough to reproduce and pass STDs around that is. And the consequences of that are much less than a kid who thinks he knows how to use a gun instead of staying the fuck away from them.

Playboy doesn't teach The History of Feminism. The KKK doesn't teach Understanding Racism. And the NRA shouldn't be teaching Gun Safety, they aren't qualified.

There is nobody more qualified to teach gun safety to teenagers. This is not about teaching small children gun safety. These would, undoubtedly be high school students.

Abstinence only sex ed has worked so well, hasn't it?? Like the "Just Say No" crap did.
Just Say No to guns is exactly right in this case. And teenagers will always have sex, it would just be best for us if they didn't. Stop confusing what is from what's best. No sex, no drugs, no guns, no driving and what do you know, we have a living adult instead of a dead teenager.

So to try to validate your argument against guns, you're throwing no driving or sex in there too? I started shooting a rifle and shotgun when I was 5. Still living and haven't shot anyone.
Learn what the word Subjective means...

The gun safety course would probably work much like the hunter safety courses. I made sure my kids took both the NRA gun safety class and the hunter safety class (for the three that chose to hunt).
That being true then you certainly don't need it in the schools, you Big Government control-freaks.

Safe sex is no sex.

So to try to validate your argument against guns, you're throwing no driving or sex in there too? I started shooting a rifle and shotgun when I was 5. Still living and haven't shot anyone.

I just see a comparison.

The entire point of gun safety is to teach teenagers how to follow the simple gun safety rules that would prevent almost all accidental shootings.
Not when it's taught by the NRA it isn't, and the way to protect teens from accidental shootings is to keep them far away from guns, period. Of all the things teenagers shouldn't be around, that tops the list.

Absolute bullshit. The NRA gun safety classes would help reduce or eliminate the accidental shooting deaths and injuries. You think a teenager will behave like an angel until the NRA teaches him gun safety, then he becomes a mass murderer? Totally ridiculous.
You don't let an organization founded to protect gun rights teach gun safety. They have an Agenda, a huge one. And what I think you have no clue about so stop guessing and start asking.

Who else is better qualified? The Brady Center? The NRA has been teaching gun safety classes for over 100 years. Teach the teens that want this class (it will be an elective) and you will prevent many future accidents.

And the accidents that happen at ranges are almost all due to ignoring one or more of the basic gun safety rules.

The gun safety course would probably work much like the hunter safety courses. I made sure my kids took both the NRA gun safety class and the hunter safety class (for the three that chose to hunt).
That being true then you certainly don't need it in the schools, you Big Government control-freaks.

No control over anyone. It is an elective.

Can't say as I care. They need it like a hole in the head, literally. The three Rs lacks a G, as it should.

I just see a comparison.

With 65 million private gun owners, all the murders, accidental shooting deaths and gun suicides still are less than 1/10th of 1%.

Can't say as I care. They need it like a hole in the head, literally. The three Rs lacks a G, as it should.

So you want to limit all public schools to teaching only the Three Rs? lol

I doubt South Carolinians care whether you care. But I still haven't seen anyone post a valid reason (funding aside) for not allowing it to be taught as an elective.

I just see a comparison.

With 65 million private gun owners, all the murders, accidental shooting deaths and gun suicides still are less than 1/10th of 1%.
Boy do you suck at math. What's 32,000 divided by 65 million? That's how you figure it out.

I just see a comparison.

PMH hates guns. He'll use any worthless argument he can find....and they're all worthless, laden with propaganda.

I doubt South Carolinians care whether you care. But I still haven't seen anyone post a valid reason (funding aside) for not allowing it to be taught as an elective.
You're a gun-nut who isn't very rational. No reason will be valid to you.

I just see a comparison.

PMH hates guns. He'll use any worthless argument he can find....and they're all worthless, laden with propaganda.
Propaganda is what you get from the NRA. Unlike them I deal in the real world.

I just see a comparison.

Boy do you suck at math. What's 32,000 divided by 65 million? That's how you figure it out.

Its lower than 1/10 of 1

I just see a comparison.

Yep. And 32,000 divided by 65,000,000 is 0.000492308 or 0.0492308%. Less than 1/10th of 1%.

For your education, 1/10th of 1% would be 0.1%.

I just see a comparison.

Propaganda is what you get from the NRA. Unlike them I deal in the real world.

Gun safety is what you get from an NRA gun safety class.

Real world like your attempt to correct me on the math?

At this point that is still more than they can manage, but the Public Schools were never only for that, they were, and are, for teaching how to be a member of this society.

And since our society includes 300 million guns and 65 million gun owners, the class, as an elective, is valid.

I just see a comparison.

Yep. And 32,000 divided by 65,000,000 is 0.000492308 or 0.0492308%. Less than 1/10th of 1%.

For your education, 1/10th of 1% would be 0.1%.
Great, now how many times does that number go into 0.1?

I just see a comparison.

So, since you claim I suck at math, please post what you think 32,000 divided by 65 million is??

Forum List

Back