South Dakota Resisted Shutdown, Now It's a Hotspot

You want to know who's responsible for the all those deaths in New York State nursing homes?
Why do you ignore the fact that the same thing is happening all across the COUNTRY?

Oh that's right...you're a fucking troll
The same thing that's happening in New York is happening all across the country? Bullshit! The number of deaths in New York is appalling.

Actually dumbass.....Norway has as many infections as Sweden when adjusted for population. Finland is lower. Belgium is way above Sweden and Holland is on par (adjusted for population).

What do you make of that ?
What I make of it dumbass is that Norway has so far had one TENTH the number of deaths as Sweden...with half the population...very likely because they were able to keep the virus out of nursing homes and assisted living centers by locking down

They have the same number of cases on a population adjusted basis. You made a false claim.

And yes, Sweden infected some large nursing homes......that truly sucks.

As I just listed, there are plenty of countries that supposedly locked down that are faring way worse that Sweden.

Dumbass.

Sweden has more cases than Norway on a population adjusted basis.

It's simple math.

Be my guest. It isn't by much.

Less infections when adjusting for population and much less deaths when adjusted for population.

What were you even trying to argue? Norway is doing better than Sweden.

I was showing cases.

Deaths have been explained....never said they were the same.

I'm done with you, shit for brains.

Gee, maybe the Governor of South Dakota is simply smarter than the Governor of New York? Maybe she was sharp enough to realize just how fucking STUPID it was to MANDATE nursing homes have to take back residents that were diagnosed with Covid 19 so that the hospitals could have beds free for the hundreds of thousands of people drama queens like yourself were convinced would be coming?

Or its that South Dakota is one of the least populated states in coutry, but has the 12th highest rate of infection.

Almost 2K and usually it takes people 3-4 weeks from infection to die, So, with the Smithfield outbreak just 2 weeks ago...

Please cite the 3 to 4 weeks. I've heard differently.

Dude the incubation period is between 2-14 days. It takes 5-10 days after symptoms show to progress to the severe and then fatal.

You want to know who's responsible for the all those deaths in New York State nursing homes?
Why do you ignore the fact that the same thing is happening all across the COUNTRY?

Oh that's right...you're a fucking troll
The same thing that's happening in New York is happening all across the country? Bullshit! The number of deaths in New York is appalling.

Have you ever seen so many old women.

Their hairnets are to tight.

Gee, maybe the Governor of South Dakota is simply smarter than the Governor of New York? Maybe she was sharp enough to realize just how fucking STUPID it was to MANDATE nursing homes have to take back residents that were diagnosed with Covid 19 so that the hospitals could have beds free for the hundreds of thousands of people drama queens like yourself were convinced would be coming?

Or its that South Dakota is one of the least populated states in coutry, but has the 12th highest rate of infection.

Almost 2K and usually it takes people 3-4 weeks from infection to die, So, with the Smithfield outbreak just 2 weeks ago...

Please cite the 3 to 4 weeks. I've heard differently.

Dude the incubation period is between 2-14 days. It takes 5-10 days after symptoms show to progress to the severe and then fatal.

Just looking for a reference. I am not an expert...I had just heard different.

And if South Dakota stays steady.....what then ?

You just move on to the next target of convenience ?

You have not disproved it.

You: "Norway has as many infections as Sweden when adjusted for population."

Me:

1587709752215.png

Pretty easy to disprove you there. Sweden's infection rate is 22% more than Norway's.

Norway and Sweden have similar cases, but Sweden has a higher death rate (can be explained according to them and they've offered it up).
Norway has a fraction of the infections and deaths that Sweden has...because Norway got serious and locked down.

And you want to go "Sweden" here

I'm 65 STOP TRYING TO KILL ME
Stop being such a drama queen, Lesh! Having healthy people or people that have already HAD the virus go back to work isn't going to "kill" you! We need to start taking that step as soon as possible because we can't afford to continue to destroy our economy by hiding at home.

I know a number of aged people that are in panic over this. If they catch the virus it's going to kill them. Not might, WILL. Until the testing and isolation gets to the point where we can have entire regions none of us have any idea who is sick with the Virus or even whom the carriers are that aren't sick. You don't have to actually have the symptoms to spread it. I don't see enough emphasis on this by you "The Party of the Rump" I guess we need to rely on the sane in this but you sickos just keep getting in the way.
So let the "aged" people isolate! The only reason for locking down America was supposedly to prevent our hospitals from being overwhelmed. That hasn't happened...so why are we still locking everything down? To "out wait" a virus? It isn't going anywhere. So what's YOUR solution? Keeping our economy closed for another year while they develop a vaccine? You do realize that's completely unfeasible...right?

Rump has the power to get enough testing supplies for each and every citizen. No Governor has that power. Only the President who can task industry in getting busy and getting those testing kits manufactured AND distrobuted. The State can require ALL citizens in the state to be tested and then isolate those that test positive. But until EVERY citizen is tested you won't know who is sick with it and whom the carriers are. Then we can have entire regions open back up because the virus isn't in those that are NOT isolated. The State Governors want this but Rump isn't doing his job. Imagine, requiring Rump to do his job or resign. As it stands now, you can't open up entire regions like He claims or supports. And you keep making excuses for him to not do his Friggin Job. Only "The Party of the Rump" would do what you do.

Actually dumbass.....Norway has as many infections as Sweden when adjusted for population. Finland is lower. Belgium is way above Sweden and Holland is on par (adjusted for population).

What do you make of that ?
What I make of it dumbass is that Norway has so far had one TENTH the number of deaths as Sweden...with half the population...very likely because they were able to keep the virus out of nursing homes and assisted living centers by locking down

They have the same number of cases on a population adjusted basis. You made a false claim.

And yes, Sweden infected some large nursing homes......that truly sucks.

As I just listed, there are plenty of countries that supposedly locked down that are faring way worse that Sweden.

Dumbass.

Sweden has more cases than Norway on a population adjusted basis.

It's simple math.

Be my guest. It isn't by much.

Less infections when adjusting for population and much less deaths when adjusted for population.

What were you even trying to argue? Norway is doing better than Sweden.

I was showing cases.

Deaths have been explained....never said they were the same.

I'm done with you, shit for brains.

I'm showing cases too. I even underlined it for you.

1587709963811.png

See, look. Sweden has 1,659 cases for every 1 million people. Norway has 1,365 cases for every 1 million people. Notice the word cases there.

Pretty simple stuff here. I'm not sure where I'm losing you with it.

Here's what none of you bed wetters have wrapped your heads around yet! Places that DIDN'T lock everything down? That had resident hiding in their homes? This virus isn't CLOSE to peaking in places like that! Places like South Dakota and Sweden are way ahead of others because far more people have been exposed to the virus...far more people have had it and already have the antibodies to be safe from it moving forward! Their numbers of deaths is going to go down rapidly. States that scared everyone into staying home? When those people come out of hiding they're STILL vulnerable to the virus. I know it's a hard truth but you can't "lock down" a virus! It needs to run it's course. We should have been self isolating the elderly and the infirm. Everyone else should have kept on going to work!

Norway and Sweden have similar cases, but Sweden has a higher death rate (can be explained according to them and they've offered it up).
Norway has a fraction of the infections and deaths that Sweden has...because Norway got serious and locked down.

Stop being such a drama queen, Lesh! Having healthy people or people that have already HAD the virus go back to work isn't going to "kill" you! We need to start taking that step as soon as possible because we can't afford to continue to destroy our economy by hiding at home.

I know a number of aged people that are in panic over this. If they catch the virus it's going to kill them. Not might, WILL. Until the testing and isolation gets to the point where we can have entire regions none of us have any idea who is sick with the Virus or even whom the carriers are that aren't sick. You don't have to actually have the symptoms to spread it. I don't see enough emphasis on this by you "The Party of the Rump" I guess we need to rely on the sane in this but you sickos just keep getting in the way.
So let the "aged" people isolate! The only reason for locking down America was supposedly to prevent our hospitals from being overwhelmed. That hasn't happened...so why are we still locking everything down? To "out wait" a virus? It isn't going anywhere. So what's YOUR solution? Keeping our economy closed for another year while they develop a vaccine? You do realize that's completely unfeasible...right?

Rump has the power to get enough testing supplies for each and every citizen. No Governor has that power. Only the President who can task industry in getting busy and getting those testing kits manufactured AND distrobuted. The State can require ALL citizens in the state to be tested and then isolate those that test positive. But until EVERY citizen is tested you won't know who is sick with it and whom the carriers are. Then we can have entire regions open back up because the virus isn't in those that are NOT isolated. The State Governors want this but Rump isn't doing his job. Imagine, requiring Rump to do his job or resign. As it stands now, you can't open up entire regions like He claims or supports. And you keep making excuses for him to not do his Friggin Job. Only "The Party of the Rump" would do what you do.
Yeah, like Trump is responsible for the cluster fuck that is New York? You're not going to test your way out of this. Sorry but that's a pipe dream. For the vast majority of people this virus seems to be just another flu. You have it...you get over it...you get on with your life! That's what will be happening in South Dakota. That's NOT what will be happening in other States! You're just delaying the inevitable there.

Yeah, like Trump is responsible for the cluster fuck that is New York? You're not going to test your way out of this. Sorry but that's a pipe dream. For the vast majority of people this virus is seems to be just another flu. You have it...you get over it...you get on with your life! That's what will be happening in South Dakota. That's NOT what will be happening in other States! You're just delaying the inevitable there.

So you choose one of the states with the lowest population per square mile and use that as an example? Only a "Party of the Rump" can do that.

Yeah, like Trump is responsible for the cluster fuck that is New York? You're not going to test your way out of this. Sorry but that's a pipe dream. For the vast majority of people this virus is seems to be just another flu. You have it...you get over it...you get on with your life! That's what will be happening in South Dakota. That's NOT what will be happening in other States! You're just delaying the inevitable there.

So you choose one of the states with the lowest population per square mile and use that as an example? Only a "Party of the Rump" can do that.
You on the left continually use New York as your "template" for what other States should be doing. Why would less populous States need to lock down like they did in New York City? Because the main stream media has scared the shit out of them thinking that they're going through the "zombie apocalypse"?

There should have been one reason and one reason alone for total lockdowns and that's if the hospitals were in danger of being overwhelmed.

You on the left continually use New York as your "template" for what other States should be doing. Why would less populous States need to lock down like they did in New York City? Because the main stream media has scared the shit out of them thinking that they're going through the "zombie apocalypse"?

Because the bulk of the SD Population is in ONE city. Sioux Falls is laid out similar to Los Angeles. Not many tall buildings but a hell of a lot of people. Can you say that locking the entire state is warranted? You can if a major Interstate that is very active runs through all the other Cities and Towns with any amount of population. I-90 hits the all. When you biggest city is just over 150K and you just had a major hit then you are in need of TESTING for each and every citizen. You can either lock it down, get everyone tested and isolate the ones that can pass it on or watch a spike happen later. And there is only one man capable of getting enough testing kits made for each and every man, woman and child in the US and that is Rump. Stop covering for Rump and tell him to either do his job or resign. I am confident that his VP is capable. He was involved in the H1N1 thing when he was governor. In 11 days, the major population centers in the States that were affected had the H1N1 isolated. Pence may be a lot of negatives, but for the Corona Virus, he's the one that should be President.

9 deaths in S. Dakota so far............YAWN in comparison.

New York is killing off the elderly in New York ........hell they sent known positive patients into the Nursing homes there.

Here's some numbers........

Through Tuesday, at least 2,477 nursing home patients have been killed by the virus in New York, according to state figures. That amounts to about one in five of the state’s virus-related fatalities. In Connecticut, nursing home residents account for 375 of the state’s 971 virus deaths.

New York is killing off the elderly in New York ........hell they sent known positive patients into the Nursing homes there.

Here's some numbers........

Through Tuesday, at least 2,477 nursing home patients have been killed by the virus in New York, according to state figures. That amounts to about one in five of the state’s virus-related fatalities. In Connecticut, nursing home residents account for 375 of the state’s 971 virus deaths.
You've managed to "explain" less than 3,000 of the 10,000 nursing home deaths across this nation

No state with 2,000 cases has less than 45 deaths...and yet SD had 9

No state with more than 1000 cases has less than 45 deaths.

Folks from SD must be super human.... or someone has an active eraser

No state with 2,000 cases has less than 45 deaths...and yet SD had 9

No state with more than 1000 cases has less than 45 deaths.

Folks from SD must be super human.... or someone has an active eraser
Or it hasn't peaked yet.......and even if more die...........there is no reason to shut it down............

Since so few are getting it........it maybe they get better medical care.....less patients.........

Doesn't matter ........they never shut down........sparse population.......and they were right to do so.

Forum List

Back