Southern pride

Why is it you never hear anyone bragging about their "Northern Heritage"?

They have nothing to be proud of?

Other than creating the United States?

Hate to break it to ya but the same people who went south were in the north first.
Critical thinking is ....well...critical.
Not really. A lot of migrants to the south were from south UK.

You sure about that?

Immigrants on the Eve of the Civil War
Despite the prejudice and violence, immigration increased more than 500 percent from 1845 until 1855, with about three million immigrants coming to the United States. Almost 90 percent settled in the North or the West, where either jobs or cheap land, or both, were plentiful. German and Hungarian farmers tended to settle in the central and upper Midwest. By 1860, more than 1.25 million Americans of German descent lived in the United States.

U.S. Civil War

Oh please the left hates conservatives. That's fine I hate them right the hell back x10, after we have destroyed the left then maybe we can discuss reconciliation.

It's the left who has been destroying the right and they've been succeeding for a rather long time.

Ahahaha I guess that's why the left took over congress? Oh wait...:eusa_think:

Having one good election doesn't mean anything. Look at the long term direction this country has been moving in for decades. If you think it's moved to the right then you're lying to yourself.

What is it with the radical left? We have home grown terrorists killing members of the Military on U.S. soil and they worry about a freaking 140 year old flag. I recall when the radical left celebrated a supreme court decision that allowed them to shit on and burn the Stars and Stripes and wear it on their asses and they rubbed our noses in it every day during the 60's. A unrepentant (former) domestic terrorist murderer like Bill Ayers walks among us and presumably advises the president and the idiot left worries about the Confederate flag. Only in America.

Why is it you never hear anyone bragging about their "Northern Heritage"?

Hate to break it to ya but the same people who went south were in the north first.

You sure about that?

Despite the prejudice and violence, immigration increased more than 500 percent from 1845 until 1855, with about three million immigrants coming to the United States. Almost 90 percent settled in the North or the West, where either jobs or cheap land, or both, were plentiful. German and Hungarian farmers tended to settle in the central and upper Midwest. By 1860, more than 1.25 million Americans of German descent lived in the United States.

U.S. Civil War
That doesn't exactly dispute what I said but thanks for the effort.

What is it with the radical left? We have home grown terrorists killing members of the Military on U.S. soil and they worry about a freaking 140 year old flag. I recall when the radical left celebrated a supreme court decision that allowed them to shit on and burn the Stars and Stripes and wear it on their asses and they rubbed our noses in it every day during the 60's. A unrepentant (former) domestic terrorist murderer like Bill Ayers walks among us and presumably advises the president and the idiot left worries about the Confederate flag. Only in America.
What is the difference between radical Islam and the confederate wannabes? Both commit atrocities under their banner.

You sure about that?

U.S. Civil War

90% settled in the NORTH and WEST!!!!!
At least have the common decency to admit when you were wrong.

Oh please the left hates conservatives. That's fine I hate them right the hell back x10, after we have destroyed the left then maybe we can discuss reconciliation.

It's the left who has been destroying the right and they've been succeeding for a rather long time.

Ahahaha I guess that's why the left took over congress? Oh wait...:eusa_think:

Having one good election doesn't mean anything. Look at the long term direction this country has been moving in for decades. If you think it's moved to the right then you're lying to yourself.

Dude, it wasn't 1 election it was 3 in a row and it was an epic bitch slapping the Democrats took. When you have to go all the way back to 1921 to find a loss that bad that's an epic bitch slapping.

And before any of you liberal clowns start yapping about 2012, with a black president on the ballot up against a weak liberal light candidate Democrats barely scraped back 6 of the 56 seats they lost in 2010, that's a beating. Then they got bitch slapped again in 2014. The Democratic party was throw into the dirt, stomped on and had dirt kicked in their faces. Personally I enjoyed the hell out of watching that.

You sure about that?

U.S. Civil War

Right. The mush-mouthed slave owners already live there. THINK!

What is the difference between radical Islam and the confederate wannabes? Both commit atrocities under their banner.
Compared to how many atrocities committed under "Old Glory"?

You sure about that?

U.S. Civil War

And where did they come from?

If you want to work to rid government properties from flying that flag, have at it.

You sure about that?

U.S. Civil War

And where did they come from?
Mostly southern England.

If you want to work to rid government properties from flying that flag, have at it.

Pass
:thup:

You sure about that?

U.S. Civil War

In the sixteen years leading up to the Civil war 90% of immigration went to the north and to the west.
You said..
"Not really. A lot of migrants to the south were from south UK."

And anyone already there either came from the north or was born there.
So no,there weren't a lot of immigrants that went south before or during the civil war.

Forum List

Back