Squaring the circle of people from California. In my experiencing speaking to so many of them they are such nice people

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
So I've never been able to figure this out. Well, 20 years ago, ok, policies weren't too crazy right? Still of late, I interact with many people from California and they are some of the nicest people. Even in youtube videos when they are traveling in Cali, such warm people.

I don't fully understand it. I will say though, that I can understand how if someone is living well in California that they wouldn't want anything to change in their government.

The reality is though that you are the United States for a reason.

I live here. Sometimes I wonder how long the people of California will tolerate the leftist insanity. There are many examples. I guess they embrace the Dem "We're the GOOD guys" story line.
It's mostly bullshit of course, but they cling to the idea as if it were gospel. And refuse to see reality.
Some of us can see right through it. Others can't. Some just want free stuff.
Welcome to the Golden State.

So I've never been able to figure this out. Well, 20 years ago, ok, policies weren't too crazy right? Still of late, I interact with many people from California and they are some of the nicest people. Even in youtube videos when they are traveling in Cali, such warm people.

I don't fully understand it. I will say though, that I can understand how if someone is living well in California that they wouldn't want anything to change in their government.

The reality is though that you are the United States for a reason.
Cali is such a huge state. County governments in California are the size of other States. Cali is so diverse it's amazing. Small pockets of just about everything.

Put all of the people in states from New Hampshire down through New Jersey or below and you get a picture of just how diverse the state is.

Of course there exists majorities, but that focus leans towards missing the forest for the trees.

Cali is such a huge state. County governments in California are the size of other States. Cali is so diverse it's amazing. Small pockets of just about everything.

Put all of the people in states from New Hampshire down through New Jersey or below and you get a picture of just how diverse the state is.

Of course there exists majorities, but that focus leans towards missing the forest for the trees.

Sure, but like Texas for some reason, whether they are from a large city or a small town, they just seem more polite, engaging and energetic. Dare I say more tolerant.

Just my experiences.

Sure, but like Texas for some reason, whether they are from a large city or a small town, they just seem more polite, engaging and energetic. Dare I say more tolerant.

Just my experiences.

Traveling allows one to meet people in ways that feed into being polite. I met wonderful people traveling for two years. Trumpers/MAGA some crazy, but others became my friends. Lefties, but I also met the troglodytes and misanthropes. Dangerous individuals, paranoid and open to every conspiratorial thing alive.

But mostly I met good people. Kind, polite, well meaning. We were strangers. It does say something about humanity.

Forum List

Back