Stand with your NFL team or stand with Trump?

Are you going to stand with your NFL team or stand with Trump?

• My NFL team

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Trump

Votes: 31 68.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
I am getting real tired of the Trump show. So a man with no honor, no respect, no dignity, no humility, no decency is going to dictate to the rest what Patriotism is? A man who is under investigation for Obstruction of Justice, and colluding with Russia to interfere into an American election is going to dictate to the rest what Patriotism is? A man who wrote in his book that his "personal VietNam" was avoiding sexually transmitted diseases is going to dictate to the rest what Patriotism is?

Trump had no reason to attack the NFL. The NFL & NBA always have handled their own disgruntled players. So instead of talking about Government issues--as he was elected to do--he decided to make a career move into Sports management. He does it all the time. He goes off rail--and goes out on personal attacks of American Citizens, John McCain, Ted Cruz, Women, other politicians, and even Boening Aircraft (whom I am certain hurt their business)--simply because the CEO of that company criticized one of his policies. Now it's the NFL & the NBA.
NFL, Roger Goodell respond to Donald Trump's 'divisive' comments
Golden State Warriors Refuse To Visit White House After Trump Trashes Steph Curry

So Trump stirred the pot and what was one protestor turned into many--whom are simply protesting his disrespect toward them. (not the Flag). In a couple of weeks after everyone has burned their team gear, he'll want more attention and find another victim--another American entity or person or group to attack to keep his supporters in line and their hysteria elevated. This is what a Narcissist does. Government issues are too boring for him.
A neuroscientist explains: Trump has a mental disorder that makes him a dangerous world leader

Furthermore, are we to ignore the 1st Amendment of the Constitution that gives everyone the right to protest--anywhere/anytime as long as it's peaceful now? Is this the new Trump country of America? Frankly--I would much prefer that our sports players WANT to stand during the National Anthem rather than being FORCED too. Isn't that really what the flag represents?

I am going to continue to support my team regardless if they're standing or kneeling, because I am a Patriot of this country.

This never belonged on the Football field.

Last edited:
I am getting real tired of the Trump show.
Wow, breaking news!

Disgruntled liberals have been tired of Trump since the day he won the election. That is, since he has been knocking the liberals on their kiesters time and again, in election after election, showing the snowflakes to be whiny crybabies, putting solid conservatives in every Federal court, repealing Obama directive after Obama directive, etc.

In a word, the liberals are tired of getting beaten so soundly. That's what they get for decades of legislating against the will of the people. The people then hire a Trump to smack the liberals down and keep smacking.

Back to the subject:

Stand with your NFL team or stand with Trump?

If my team is kneeling or sitting, showing grotesque disrespect for the National Anthem and the patriotism that supports it....

...then of course I'll stand with President Trump.

Standing with my team is difficult, you can't even see them during the Anthem. They're sitting down like grumpy adolescents, below your line of sight, or hiding in their locker rooms as though they had some legitimate reason to dis the entire country because 0.1% of police did bigoted things. Never mind that the other 99.9% don't do that, and even risk their own lives time and again to keep us safe. These sullen crybabies with multimillion-dollar salaries will keep acting like jacka$$es until the police are 100% perfect. I.e. the crybabies are guaranteed to fail, as liberals so often are. No matter how good the vast bulk of police are.

I am getting real tired of the Trump show. So a man with no honor, no respect, no dignity, no humility, no decency is going to dictate to the rest what Patriotism is? A man who is under investigation for Obstruction of Justice, and colluding with Russia to interfere into an American election is going to dictate to the rest what Patriotism is? A man who wrote in his book that his "personal VietNam" was avoiding sexually transmitted diseases is going to dictate to the rest what Patriotism is?

Trump had no reason to attack the NFL. The NFL & NBA always have handled their own disgruntled players. So instead of talking about Government issues--as he was elected to do--he decided to make a career move into Sports management. He does it all the time. He goes off rail--and goes out on personal attacks of American Citizens, John McCain, Ted Cruz, Women, other politicians, and even Boening Aircraft (whom I am certain hurt their business)--simply because the CEO of that company criticized one of his policies. Now it's the NFL & the NBA.
Golden State Warriors Refuse To Visit White House After Trump Trashes Steph Curry

So Trump stirred the pot and what was one protestor turned into many--whom are simply protesting his disrespect toward them. (not the Flag). In a couple of weeks after everyone has burned their team gear, he'll want more attention and find another victim--another American entity or person or group to attack to keep his supporters in line and their hysteria elevated. This is what a Narcissist does. Government issues are too boring for him.
A neuroscientist explains: Trump has a mental disorder that makes him a dangerous world leader

Furthermore, are we to ignore the 1st Amendment of the Constitution that gives everyone the right to protest--anywhere/anytime as long as it's peaceful now? Is this the new Trump country of America? Frankly--I would much prefer that our sports players WANT to stand during the National Anthem rather than being FORCED too. Isn't that really what the flag represents?

I am going to continue to support my team regardless if they're standing or kneeling, because I am a Patriot of this country.

GO
TO
HELL
NFL

and fuck you too, oreo.

False dichotomy

The orange pedophile succeeded in distracting people from his healthcare failure. And he won't lose a single vote from his braindead base over it, because he insulted a sports league. So many dumb people in this country.
He didn't insult a league. He insulted and called out those that are un-American spoiled brats and thugs. The league insulted itself by its own premeditated actions.

The better question is, stand with NFL players or stand with your country, the military and uniformed first responders.

Trump just voiced his opinion as any patriotic president should. Based on polls, most of America agrees with him. It is not too much to ask millionaires chasing a pigskin to stand for the anthem.

Trump drives yet another wedge issue. And his supporters cheer.

Meanwhile Trump fails on repeal and replace. And his supporters blame congress. Trump's administration becomes yet another season of his reality game show. Senior staff gets fired, chaos reigns. And his supporters cheer.

All that matters to Trump's supporters is his image, a facade. Winning, build the wall, repeal and replace. Trump's image.

I'll watch football. Protests are not grotesque, demeaning, or even disrespectful. And I will continue to see Trump as a charlatan, a huckster, a buffoon who swayed the undereducated into voting for him.

Forum List

Back