Starbucks employees now encouraged to berate you over thorny racial issues in America

[
Race always exists. I just never see white people discussing it where I live like they talk about mowing their lawns.
Isn't that what MLK's Civil Rights marches was all about ultimately? To bring us to a time when all races could gather tighter and the only disagreements would be no worse than how to manicure one's lawn. Blacks wanted equal treatment. That's equal treatment.
You have a warped concept of what MLK was about. Yes he wanted equal treatment. However, he understood that in order to be equal Blacks would need to have opportunity at the same level whites did. How does that happen in a society of whites whining about AA?
Explain again how special treatment is equates to equal?

His response is basically that us white devils oppressed them for 400 years and now its our turn to get screwed and legislation should be used to do that. Even though Jews have overcome thousands of years of equal or worse treatment. But yeah...its payback time in short.

[
Race always exists. I just never see white people discussing it where I live like they talk about mowing their lawns.
Isn't that what MLK's Civil Rights marches was all about ultimately? To bring us to a time when all races could gather tighter and the only disagreements would be no worse than how to manicure one's lawn. Blacks wanted equal treatment. That's equal treatment.
You have a warped concept of what MLK was about. Yes he wanted equal treatment. However, he understood that in order to be equal Blacks would need to have opportunity at the same level whites did. How does that happen in a society of whites whining about AA?
It brings the people that were unequal to an equal status idiot.

Go to Starbucks and jerk their chain. Start an incident. A few such incidents messing up the displays of breakable coffee cups and this asinine practice will stop.
:laugh:

That's actually a good idea. That would be hilarious.

Didnt I say any talk of race always get whites angry? They are going to break cups lol
They love free speech, except when they don't. Then they laugh about vandalizing and assaulting people that are just trying to make a living.
Ah yes, a day without dishonest straw man arguments is like a day without sunshine!

[

What inequality are you subjected to today???

[

His response is basically that us white devils oppressed them for 400 years and now its our turn to get screwed and legislation should be used to do that. Even though Jews have overcome thousands of years of equal or worse treatment. But yeah...its payback time in short.

LOL...Do you see that? Yeah....you do.

The Jews got their own land and 3 billion a year.....and you say they've overcome. Then you bitch because of AA and say blacks should oppose it because...something about bootstraps?

LOL!!!

[

What inequality are you subjected to today???
Today me personally? None. However, this discussion is about race in general not my personal situation. Are you deflecting again or are you having a hard time understanding the issue?

[
If you need special consideration you're not equal. You understand that concept?

Actually, this could improve the business at Starbucks locations.

Watching all these PC-consumed employees going mental and flipping out in righteous indignation would be great fun.

Much cheaper than hockey tickets!

Go to Starbucks and jerk their chain. Start an incident. A few such incidents messing up the displays of breakable coffee cups and this asinine practice will stop.

Didnt I say any talk of race always get whites angry? They are going to break cups lol
They love free speech, except when they don't. Then they laugh about vandalizing and assaulting people that are just trying to make a living.
Ah yes, a day without dishonest straw man arguments is like a day without sunshine!

Are you going to pretend that you didn't just laugh at vandalizing someone for their speech? Or that another asswipe said to scald them with coffee? :rolleyes:

Are you going to pretend that you didn't just laugh at vandalizing someone for their speech? Or that another asswipe said to scald them with coffee? :rolleyes:
This isn't a free speech issue.

You don't know that?

[
If you need special consideration you're not equal. You understand that concept?
I agree. Special consideration is needed to address those inequalities much like whites needed special consideration during slavery and Jim Crow.

Starbucks wants a national dialogue about race relations and the Conservatives hit the roof! Why? What are they afraid of? If their stance on race relations is a healthy one, one that accepts all races as equal, they should have absolutely no problem exchanging a few words with a barista. But if the Conservative is also a racist (no real stretch of the imagination there), I can understand why they are so upset with a coffee shop.

I wonder what the folks working at Hobby Lobby or Chic-fil0a are thinking today?

No, this is not a dialogue and they know it. A dialogue, by definition, involves more than one person. This is a sermon delivered by people who have no clue who they are addressing.

I was not happy with either Hobby Lobby or Chikfilet. But there IS a difference. Those two businesses simply wanted to run their privately owned businesses as they believed. They did not add sermons to your purchases. they did not, to my knowledge, berate customers who did not believe as they do.

They did not assume to know the beliefs of every customer who looked a certain way.
Are Starbucks employees actually berating people? The web site article was written with a decidedly Conservative bias, so truth is too elusive to find.

Starbucks wants a national dialogue about race relations and the Conservatives hit the roof! Why? What are they afraid of? If their stance on race relations is a healthy one, one that accepts all races as equal, they should have absolutely no problem exchanging a few words with a barista. But if the Conservative is also a racist (no real stretch of the imagination there), I can understand why they are so upset with a coffee shop.

I wonder what the folks working at Hobby Lobby or Chic-fil0a are thinking today?

No, this is not a dialogue and they know it. A dialogue, by definition, involves more than one person. This is a sermon delivered by people who have no clue who they are addressing.

I was not happy with either Hobby Lobby or Chikfilet. But there IS a difference. Those two businesses simply wanted to run their privately owned businesses as they believed. They did not add sermons to your purchases. they did not, to my knowledge, berate customers who did not believe as they do.

They did not assume to know the beliefs of every customer who looked a certain way.
Are Starbucks employees actually berating people? The web site article was written with a decidedly Conservative bias, so truth is too elusive to find.
You think? :lol:

I agree. Special consideration is needed to address those inequalities much like whites needed special consideration during slavery and Jim Crow.

What inequality are you suffering today?

What inequality are you suffering today?
Are you addressing my personal situation again even though I told you this is about race in general?

Today I learned:

Jews having their own land given to them and 3 Billion a year given to them is less than blacks having Affirmative Action

This isn't a free speech issue.

You don't know that?

Well not after you assault someone or vandalism property it isnt

Forum List

Back