Stephen Paddock: Is he a terrorist? Why or why not?

To me, a terrorist represents a political cause and has some affiliation

I don't see a lone wolf with a grievance being a terrorist

Yes, he had no 'cause', that we know of at this time.

We will have to see

He doesn't seem to fit the profile of most mass killers

Have to hear what the neighbors say...
Will it be:
I was always scared of that man
or
He seemed like a nice guy

Maybe he was pissed that NFL players were kneeling during the National Anthem and he'd finally had enough.

shalom and sorry to let you down. It seems the perp was a multiculturalist. A muzzer convert having sex with a non white. How does that fit into the "progressive" agenda?

What if someone is a white supremacist, but doesn't have a membership card with KKK or American Neo-Nazi Association (ANNA)?

That would be a case where a lone wolf would be a terrorist.

IF he is really a white supremacist and not someone who once said Obama was a jerk.

Then yes.

I mean a white supremacist like Tank or Steve McGarrett
Remember, we've already had two members go on shooting rampages, one at the Holocaust Museum in D.C. and the other at an abortion clinic in CO.

Nobody is giving out a lot of info about his background, politics, whatever.
That doesn't mean they don't know, they're just not saying at the present time.
The deadliest massacre in modern U.S. history....If news organizations aren't telling, they don't know.

Agree...to a point. News organizations have their own agendas/narratives. If
the motive doesn't fit theirs they may drag their feet on it.

If they really don't know...that doesn't mean the Police don't know or
have a good idea.

What if someone is a white supremacist, but doesn't have a membership card with KKK or American Neo-Nazi Association (ANNA)?

IF he is really a white supremacist and not someone who once said Obama was a jerk.

Then yes.

Tanks a real soft pussy. I bet he is afraid of guns. Steve on the other hand seems like he is pretty close to going postal.

Then yes.

Remember, we've already had two members go on shooting rampages, one at the Holocaust Museum in D.C. and the other at an abortion clinic in CO.

I thought the USMB guy shot up a movie theater?

Louisiana Movie Shooter Thanked Dylann Roof for 'Wake Up Call'

Last edited:
No evidence of terrorist connection or sympathies.
Since his targets were mostly white people, he probably wasn't a white supremacist.
Since his targets were certainly of mixed political parties and views, he probably wasn't targeting them for any political reason.
Maybe he just hated Country Music.

Then yes.

Really? Holy Crap!

Since his targets were mostly white people, he probably wasn't a white supremacist.
Since his targets were certainly of mixed political parties and views, he probably wasn't targeting them for any political reason.
Disagree. White supremacists see other whites as their enemies. I guarantee you he was a white supremacist or a conservative.

Then yes.

Tanks a real soft pussy. I bet he is afraid of guns. Steve on the other hand seems like he is pretty close to going postal.

None of us have any reason to believe even that you believe anything you post.

Your words have no value.

It's not about the amount of bodies (although the Vegas carnage is staggering), it's about the intent and motivation. Bill Ayers was a terrorist and he is only responsible for the deaths of four or five people (as far as we know). Let's hope there is enough of Paddock's brain left to determine if he was suffering from mental illness although it seems unlikely since the mass shooting was so well planned. It will be interesting to find out where the automatic weapon came from.

It's not about the amount of bodies (although the Vegas carnage is staggering), it's about the intent and motivation. Bill Ayers was a terrorist. Let's hope there is enough of Paddock's brain left to determine if he was suffering from mental illness although it seems unlikely since the mass shooting was so well planned. It will be interesting to find out where the automatic weapon came from.
I believe autos are legal in Nevada. In fact I am pretty sure of it.

Seems to me that the term "terrorism" is as much about motive as it is method.

We don't know his motive yet. If it was meant to intimidate or influence in some direction, yes. If he was just a fucking nut, then no.
It seems to me that if a killer -- mass or individual -- has no means to repeat their actions or no organization that will reinforce them, then that killer is not a terrorist.

For example in the D.C. area we had the "D.C. Sniper" attacks. While the two shooters were at large, they pretty well had people all over the D.C. metro area terrified.

Beltway_sniper_map.png

Those guys were shooting random people in all sorts of easy locations and there was no way to know whether one'd be the next random target. One of the shooter's motivations weren't political. The other one may have been, but the man penned delusional rantings that included Bin Laden, Saddam, and The Matrix. More likely, he was just crazy.

Disagree. White supremacists see other whites as their enemies. I guarantee you he was a white supremacist or a conservative.

I'd think that White supremacists would think of country music fans as more or less on their side.

Forum List

Back