Stop being the stupid party

It all comes down to redefining what a Republican is. At the core, Republicans push for less spending, lower taxes and smaller Government. That can be a winning formula
But why can't a Republican be opposed to manmade global warming?
Why can't a Republican support gay rights?
Why can't a Republican support SOME restrictions on guns?
Why must a Repblican oppose ALL Abortion?

So in other words you expect a republican to become a democrat.

People have very different thoughts on gay rights,abortion,guns expecting them to bend to your views is unrealistic and not very inclusive,a term that the Dem's abuse daily.

Why can't a Republican support gay rights? well many do many don't its a moral subject.
same for abortion,why would someone that thinks its totally wrong to kill unborn children for convenience be expected to change their morality on the subject??

Guns well we have pelenty of laws and rules,more will do nothing constructive,on the contrary they would do more harm than good.

More nonsense.

One expects republicans to be republicans, not ignorant extremists.

The Repubs got stupid right after they signed on with the religious right.
you are right.....they are the reason i never went with them after i left the Democrats whom i thought were being taken over by the Far Left.....bottom line.....both have been taken over and both care about their own agendas over this Country......

And therein lies the problem.....48% is not 50%

That 48% seems a lot more likely to get smaller than get larger

Don't count on it.......

The numbers are not there for Republicans. Hispanics, gays, young people, single women, blacks, teachers, union members.....

It just gets worse for Republicans

This is the kind of arrogant thinking I'm talking about. Democrats don't own any of those groups.

Thanks for your opinion, it doesn't mean jack shit, and I bet you right after Obama won his first presidential election, you were predicting the same republican demise, on this forum, you're predicting now. You're a cheerleader and you lost any bit of objectivity, if you ever had any, in process of rooting for your team.

The Dem's need to do a major purge of their bizzaros as well... you know, the Mahar's, the O'Donnell's, the Schultz's, etc.

But no, you guys embrace your moonbats.. and they tend to be the rank and file.

We aren't losing national elections.

Jindahl was talking about politicians saying stupid things, not Rush Limpballs.

Democrat Politicians say stupid things too......like Pelosi......

So what does it say when a rising star in your own party says what Jindal said?

Anything?

Nothing?

You act like he was speaking from the heart. It's all politics. Jindal wants to run for president, so he's trying to make himself look like he's above the Republican party. And ofcourse you liberals are trying to rub it in our faces, like the little children you are.

Mac is about as Liberal as i am.....meaning we think both parties suck.....and have said so.....

All Mac has is his cynicism regarding everyone. It's part of his sanctimonious act, but he is a lot more critical of republicans than dems, which is part of his agenda. He is a liberal.

Last edited:
If we do not remove the radical reactionary fascist right and replace it with a 21st century reach out to minorities and women.

Any way you cut it, current demographics do not get that 48% to 50%. Republicans are fixing it so that 48% can still win the House and possibly the Electoral College. But those advantages will dry up as the Republican tent grows smaller

It all comes down to redefining what a Republican is. At the core, Republicans push for less spending, lower taxes and smaller Government. That can be a winning formula
But why can't a Republican be opposed to manmade global warming?
Why can't a Republican support gay rights?
Why can't a Republican support SOME restrictions on guns?
Why must a Repblican oppose ALL Abortion?

That is where they are losing voters

When you ask why can't republicans support gay rights, that is a straw man. What rights does the GOP want to take away?

As far as gun rights, the public sides with GOP

When you say why must a republican oppose all abortion, that's another straw man. Tell me how many republicans oppose all abortion?

Everytime the democrats win an election, democrats always say republicans are done. They were saying the same exact thing after Obama won his first presidential election, then the GOP picked up a historic amount of seats in the mid term elections. You're too busy gloating, you don't realize Obama's poll numbers have been down since the election, which is a sign thar the pendulum is starting swing other way, like it always does.

When you ask why can't republicans support gay rights, that is a straw man. What rights does the GOP want to take away?

Equal protection rights, 14th Amendment – in particular the right to access marriage law. A state cannot deem a class of persons, in this case homosexuals, a stranger to their laws, including marriage law, absent a compelling governmental interest.

As far as gun rights, the public sides with GOP

The great bulk of whom are white men. And it’s not about specific issues per se, it’s about the GOP demonstrating a comprehensive understanding as to the civil liberties all Americans enjoy, which is currently not the case.

When you say why must a republican oppose all abortion, that's another straw man. Tell me how many republicans oppose all abortion?

You seek to elect individuals who support laws to ban abortion, you enact ‘personhood’ legislation, or legislation so comprehensively restrictive that such measures result in a de facto ban on abortion. You seek to intimidate women with regard to their access to birth control. And you argue the notion of ‘legitimate rape’ as if women are somehow to blame for being raped and not entitled to abortion services accordingly.

Everytime the democrats win an election, democrats always say republicans are done. They were saying the same exact thing after Obama won his first presidential election, then the GOP picked up a historic amount of seats in the mid term elections. You're too busy gloating, you don't realize Obama's poll numbers have been down since the election, which is a sign thar the pendulum is starting swing other way, like it always does.

And yet again, you and others on the right need to stop worry about what democrats are doing or are not doing – and focus on getting your own house in order.

This thread is about republicans becoming relevant again, it’s not about democrats.

why not say what you have against the religious right given the way our families have declined in the last 40 years?

Do you want more divorce, drugs, abortion, single mothers on welfare, more black men in jail, more HS drop outs???

The religious rights supports the traditional family while the anti science left want to pay little girls per illegitimate child!!

Last edited:
You act like he was speaking from the heart. It's all politics. Jindal wants to run for president, so he's trying to make himself look like he's above the Republican party. And ofcourse you liberals are trying to rub it in our faces, like the little children you are.

Mac is about as Liberal as i am.....meaning we think both parties suck.....and have said so.....

All Mac has is his cynicism regarding it everyone. It's part of his sanctimonious act, but he is a lot more critical of republicans than dems, which is part of his agenda. He is a liberal.

I'm definitely more critical of the GOP right now, because the GOP is currently controlled by simplistic absolutist crazy people who really need to step away from the radio for a while. And, even more crazy, there are people in the party who are admitting it.

But issue by issue, you clearly don't know my politics. Not everyone is a hardcore lefty or a hardcore righty. I know this will shock you, but many of us choose to think for ourselves. In fact, I strongly suspect there are far more of me than there are of you.

If that's sanctimony, well, tough shit.

Last edited:

why not say what you have against the religious right given the way our families have declined in the last 40 years?

Do you want more divorce, drugs, abortion, single mothers on welfare, more black men in jail, more HS drop outs???

The religious rights supports the traditional family while the anti science left want to pay little girls per illegitimate child!!

It’s not ‘decline,’ it’s change, the normal, change all societies experience. One can either embrace change and work for a better future, or fear and fight change, as conservatives are prone to do, which will ultimately be unsuccessful, as history has time and again demonstrated.

As for your second paragraph, those issues are not a consequence of America becoming ‘less religious’ or ‘less moral,’ as those issues cannot be resolved by attempting to conjoin church and state, or attempting to codify religious dogma into secular law.

Your third paragraph is hyperbolic idiocy.

It’s not ‘decline,’ it’s change, the normal, change all societies experience. .

yes change thats right, change!!
Dear, a near genocide with 50% of young black men in jail is not change!!!

See why we are positive a liberal will be slow??? What other conclusion is possible???

The GOP has lost the gay rights battle, period. It is over.

The public does not side with the NRA, and the NRA is not the GOP.

63% of Americans approve of abortion in some form or fashion.

We Republicans better believe that the demographics have changed for good. If we can't change with them, we will remain a minority party.

All Mac has is his cynicism regarding it everyone. It's part of his sanctimonious act, but he is a lot more critical of republicans than dems, which is part of his agenda. He is a liberal.

hey the way Republicans have conducted themselves lately i think most people have been more critical of them......including many Republicans .....

the ANTI-SCIENCE left?.....

I'm definitely more critical of the GOP right now, because the GOP is currently controlled by simplistic absolutist crazy people who really need to step away from the radio for a while. And, even more crazy, there are people in the party who are admitting it.

But issue by issue, you clearly don't know my politics. Not everyone is a hardcore lefty or a hardcore righty. I know this will shock you, but many of us choose to think for ourselves. In fact, I strongly suspect there are far more of me than there are of you.

Gallup: Obama hits record high for polarizing politics - Washington Times

I don't know how hardcore a lefty you are, but you are a liberal democrat.

Last edited:

Gallup: Obama hits record high for polarizing politics - Washington Times

I don't know how hardcore a lefty you are, but you are a liberal democrat.

:rolleyes:

the republican party is OUT of its mind.
then Jefferson who founded the Party in 1793 must have been out of his mind?? See why we say that liberals are anti American??

i think she means the party today Ed....

too stupid!! Jefferson founded the party in 1793 to stand for limited government and that was at a time when it was tiny compared to now!!

Welcome to your first lesson in American History!!

Forum List

Back