Stop looking down on us, please.

You know, I may actually believe that if you weren't so passionately defending your stance.

It's what I do. This is what debate forums like these are made for. Take a stance and defend it.

If you gave up, if you didn't care...you wouldn't be spending hours upon hours defending that viewpoint.

Of course I spend hours and hours defending any position I have. A position is worth nothing if you do nothing to defend it.

It's not that I don't care... perhaps that was a poor choice of words, it's more like that it doesn't matter. And that's the reality that at least I am faced with. Giving up doesn't necessarily mean I don't have positions or opinions that I would like to defend.

Now, this is getting too melodramatic for me. But understand, Never, your attitude towards people who either voted for Trump, or supported Trump...or both, is what drives people to vote for and/or support an undesirable individual.

I'll be going now. Because it is clear you can never relate to or understand any of us common folk. You have ascended so high that you have lost sight of your roots. A pity.

You know, I may actually believe that if you weren't so passionately defending your stance.

It's what I do. This is what debate forums like these are made for. Take a stance and defend it.

If you gave up, if you didn't care...you wouldn't be spending hours upon hours defending that viewpoint.

It's not that I don't care... perhaps a poor choice of words, it's more like that it doesn't matter. And that's the reality that at least I am faced with. Giving up doesn't necessarily mean I don't have positions or opinions that I would like to defend.
You should defend your stance, it is one of the better ways to both know yourself and know the opposing side of the debate.

If it didn't matter, if you gave up, then why did you create a thread dedicated specifically to the defense of, not just yourself, but Trump supporters in general? Your actions contradict what you are telling us. Now, you can say that you are just defensive because you feel that Trump and his supporters are under undeserved attacks...I'd say that it is a warranted stance. You can say you voted Trump because, while Conservative, you really don't like where the GOP is heading and you wanted to put somebody in place that would really shake up the foundations, that is a legitimate reason to support Trump. You can say you support Trump because you really do believe that the Mexicans are ruining our economy and we need to stand up to them and build a wall (that they pay for) to keep them out / control them coming in. All of these are reasons to support Trump (not that I agree with) or defend him. I give up is not a reason. Even if I allow that maybe you just voted out of civic duty (you seem young, so I appreciate you voting while young...I certainly didn't when I was younger), and you just voted for whomever was on the top of the ballot, it still doesn't explain why you dedicated a thread in Trump's defense nor why you are so pointed in defending yourself and your support of him.

Why? It is a simple question. Your actions are those of somebody who has not "given up". So, take a good look at yourself, think hard...maybe even sleep on it...discover why you are so moved to support Trump and, simply tell us all. Then we can have an open discussion.

Now, this is getting too melodramatic for me. But understand, Never, your attitude towards people who either voted for Trump, or supported Trump...or both, is what drives people to vote for and/or support an undesirable individual.

I'll be going now. Because it is clear you can never relate to or understand any of us common folk. You have ascended so high that you have lost sight of your roots. A pity.
So my attitude is what makes somebody who voted for Trump or supports Trump...vote for Trump or support Trump. Maybe it is just me, but I don't see how my attitude affected somebody who already made up their mind? That doesn't even make sense.

If it didn't matter, if you gave up, then why did you create a thread dedicated specifically to the defense of, not just yourself, but Trump supporters in general?

What if I told you that I got tired of people like you spitting (figuratively) and looking down your nose on people simply because of who they supported or vote for? Don't mistake that for any support for Trump.

I give up is not a reason.

Yes it is. I am tired of fighting, like this, with you. Over someone who has nothing in common with me.

Maybe it is just me, but I don't see how my attitude affected somebody who already made up their mind? That doesn't even make sense.

Of course it doesn't, at least not to someone who is sitting on a throne like you are.

You aren't the only person with that attitude, there is a collective out there who holds some of the same attitudes as you do. Nobody likes being unfairly attacked. Nobody likes being talked down to or treated as if they are intellectually inferior.

I don't support Trump, and in essence I was defending and fighting for those people who do, because people such as yourself who have resorted to looking down on them. I don't like seeing people dragged through the mud because of who they vote for or in this case support.

If it didn't matter, if you gave up, then why did you create a thread dedicated specifically to the defense of, not just yourself, but Trump supporters in general?

What if I told you that I got tired of people like you spitting (figuratively) and looking down your nose on people simply because of who they supported or vote for? Don't mistake that for any support for Trump.

I give up is not a reason.

Yes it is. I am tired of fighting, like this, with you. Over someone who has nothing in common with me.
That would make sense, however, there are many conservative posters that do the same for individuals that support Sanders. Yet, you have not made a lengthy post on Sanders and his supporters and why everybody should stop looking down on them or leave them alone.

Again, you support Trump and are going out of your way to defend him. You aren't defending against people that look down their nose on others based on who they support, or it wouldn't be a Trump specific post...people do that on both sides of the fence. So please, explain, why you are so dedicated to supporting / defending Trump, in particular?

Yet, you have not made a lengthy post on Sanders and his supporters and why everybody should stop looking down on them or leave them alone.

Perhaps you haven't been paying attention. His supporters joined in with like minded individuals such as yourself, to talk down to the people who dared to support a candidate they (the protesters) didn't like. They put people's safety at risk. I cannot defend that, no more than I can defend some Trump supporter decking someone at a rally.

You aren't defending against people that look down their nose on others based on who they support, or it wouldn't be a Trump specific post

What other people would I be referring to? It's common knowledge that you make clear which supporters you're defending. In this case, the supporters of Donald Trump. You seem to think that just because of that I'm supporting him.

Again, you support Trump and are going out of your way to defend him.

I'm defending the people who get no respect from someone like you, simply for supporting Trump. That was the entire point of this thread.

Big difference. If I really supported Trump, I would be spewing the common buzz words like "Make America Great Again!" and the like. I would be posting every meme I found on his twitter feed, and I hardly use twitter. I would have his picture smattered all over my sig line, but I don't.

Now excuse me. I have a commoner's life to live, and I need sleep. I'm sorry if I don't measure up to your god like standards.

Last edited:
Yet, you have not made a lengthy post on Sanders and his supporters and why everybody should stop looking down on them or leave them alone.

Perhaps you haven't been paying attention. His supporters joined in with like minded individuals such as yourself, to talk down to the people who dared to support a candidate they (the protesters) didn't like. They put people's safety at risk. I cannot defend that, no more than I can defend some Trump supporter decking someone at a rally.

I'm defending the people who get no respect from someone like you, simply for supporting Trump. That was the entire point of this thread.

Big difference. If I really supported Trump, I would be spewing the common buzz words like "Make America Great Again!" and the like.

Now excuse me. I have a life to live, and I need sleep. I'm sorry if I don't measure up to your standards.
I actually don't mind a Trump supporter that can articulate his / her position and defend it in a reasonable manner. Here, however, you keep saying you "give up"...but you keep posting in defense and started with a lengthy post...pretty clear evidence to the contrary.

You say you are defending people that get no respect for whom they support, yet a large portion of topics on the forum are clearly aimed at left-ists and show outright biased and are commonly derogatory in nature...yet you have not addressed these and seem to making up excuses to avoid them.

If you really didn't support Trump you really wouldn't spend so much time...supporting him. You show clear contradictory action. As you have stated, different people support Trump for different reasons, you don't have to spew off buzz words? However, it seemingly remains a mystery as to your personal reason to throw your support into his arena.

You say you are defending people that get no respect for whom they support, yet a large portion of topics on the forum are clearly aimed at left-ists and show outright biased and are commonly derogatory in nature...yet you have not addressed these and seem to making up excuses to avoid them.

Because they are irrelevant to the discussion at hand. I don't have the patience for your tu-quoque arguments. The majority of the slander and hatred has been directed at people who voted for Trump, like myself, and people who voted for and actively support him. And it has come from both sides of the political spectrum,

The "left-ists" deserve no defense to be quite honest. For the better part of a decade they have managed to display just how intolerant of other people they can be. They started that war. I feel sorry for the Sanders supporters in one respect: the Democratic nomination process is rigged in favor of Clinton. It doesn't matter how many states he wins, Hillary will manage to stay on top. This is similar to how Ron Paul was treated.

Now...I really do need to leave. Good night. I will not engage you in any further discussions.

Last edited:
Because they are irrelevant to the discussion at hand. I don't have the patience for your tu-quoque arguments. The majority of the slander and hatred has been directed at people who voted for Trump, like myself, and people who voted for and actively support him. And it has come from both sides of the political spectrum,

The "left-ists" deserve no defense to be quite honest. For the better part of a decade they have managed to display just how intolerant of other people they can be. They started that war.
Now if this isn't an inanely biased and victim-oriented perspective I don't know what is. Sounds like you are in the BLM with that sort of logic.

At least your true colors are coming out, you have a blind hatred for the left-wing, and looked to consolidate and defend the candidate most attacked by that wing...see, now that wasn't so hard at the end of the night, now was it?

The "left-ists" deserve no defense to be quite honest. For the better part of a decade they have managed to display just how intolerant of other people they can be. They started that war. I feel sorry for the Sanders supporters in one respect: the Democratic nomination process is rigged in favor of Clinton. It doesn't matter how many states he wins, Hillary will manage to stay on top. This is similar to how Ron Paul was treated.

Now...I really do need to leave. Good night. I will not engage you in any further discussions.

I just want to point out something out - you started this thread to complain about being broad-brushed as a Trump supporter, and yet here you're broad-brushing all "leftists" as intolerant.

If you believe that all leftists "deserve no defense" because some have displayed "intolerance", why should we accept that you're not deserving of the mockery that leftists may exhibit to Trump supporters?

You aren't defending against people that look down their nose on others based on who they support, or it wouldn't be a Trump specific post

What other people would I be referring to? It's common knowledge that you make clear which supporters you're defending. In this case, the supporters of Donald Trump. You seem to think that just because of that I'm supporting him.

Big difference. If I really supported Trump, I would be spewing the common buzz words like "Make America Great Again!" and the like. I would be posting every meme I found on his twitter feed, and I hardly use twitter. I would have his picture smattered all over my sig line, but I don't.

Now excuse me. I have a commoner's life to live, and I need sleep. I'm sorry if I don't measure up to your god like standards.
I can't believe Never has been so patient with you.
Your ignorance causes you to dig in and and get aggressively defensive.

Decrying further education and life experience because you have neither is just pathetic and symptomatic of low self-esteem.
It's no coincidence that all your threads end up this way.

I just want to point out something out - you started this thread to complain about being broad-brushed as a Trump supporter, and yet here you're broad-brushing all "leftists" as intolerant.

If you believe that all leftists "deserve no defense" because some have displayed "intolerance", why should we accept that you're not deserving of the mockery that leftists may exhibit to Trump supporters?

Perhaps I should clarify--voter--not supporter. Because people like to equate one with the other. I probably even did that to myself in the thread.

As far as leftists go, my definitions of "leftist" is anyone who is exists in the political spectrum as far left. You strike me as left of center, even a left leaning moderate.

So, thus, like I have made you quite aware of, there are people like you, and millions of others like you, who deserve plenty of defense. Because you offer rational arguments and are tolerant of others despite the difference. However, that worthiness of defense stops when someone presents an abject intolerance of you, your beliefs, background or what have you. You do not fit that archetype. That is why we are friends.

I'm not undeserving of mockery of criticism, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to protest it. I deserve whatever consequences befall me for whatever I've said here tonight.

But like I told the other guy, I need sleep. And I will probably wake up, go over this thread and wind up regretting a lot of the things I've said. And for that I apologize.

Perhaps I should clarify--voter--not supporter. Because people like to equate one with the other. I probably even did that to myself in the thread.

As far as leftists go, my definitions of "leftist" is anyone who is exists in the political spectrum as far left. You strike me as left of center, even a left leaning moderate.

So, thus, like I have made you quite aware of, there are people like you, and millions of others like you, who deserve plenty of defense. Because you offer rational arguments and are tolerant of others despite the difference. However, that worthiness of defense stops when someone presents an abject intolerance of you, your beliefs, background or what have you. You do not fit that archetype. That is why we are friends.

I'm not undeserving of mockery of criticism, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to protest it. I deserve whatever consequences befall me for whatever I've said here tonight.

But like I told the other guy, I need sleep. And I will probably wake up, go over this thread and wind up regretting a lot of the things I've said. And for that I apologize.

For when you wake up tomorrow:

It's funny that you think I'm a "moderate", because from my perspective, I'm an absolute radical. From where I sit, I'm farther to the "left" than most of the posters here that you would categorize as "far left".

What you're complaining about isn't reflective on where you sit on the left-right spectrum, it's just reflective of people.

Seriously, take a couple of minutes to examine the "Active Topics" list at any given moment - there are at least as many, as you say, irrational and intolerant threads from the right as there are from the left. The difference is in the ability to think critically - a trait that I find lacking in most people on both sides of the political spectrum.

you republicans have fought against obama from his very start ,,,for you to compare repubs fighting against trump as greater than your vileness towards a rightful president shows me you're either dishonest or politically stupid

"Rightful president"

You make him sound like a king, eddie. And that's why people are pissed, because to put it frankly, he's been acting like one.

And I believe the term you're looking for is "politically incorrect" not "politically stupid."
what choice does he have templar? executive orders?? as Sandra Day O'conner said repubs are a hateful vile petulant group who are only unified in their hate from the very beginning for a black president

I'm probably going to be insulted, chastised, accused of hypocrisy in some sort of way, inciting double standards or whatnot for this post. For those of you not inclined to reading at least a minute or two, please, pass this post by.

But whatever you do, stop looking down on us, please.

Yes, I/we voted for Trump. Not all of us as Trump supporters voted for him because he "tells it like it is" or because we want to stick it to the "establishment." But does that warrant every other person who didn't looking down on us like we're a collective of brainless zombies? We're more often than not referred to in many sorts of derogatory ways, like "stupid", "un-American", "unintelligent", "Nazis", "Drumpfs", "Trumpettes", "racists" "pigs" or what have you. We're not idiots. We're smart people. We have the ability to think, to deduce, to reason. We don't deserve to be labeled. We're not monsters or automatons.

We don't deserve to be blamed for every Tom, Dick, or Harry who decides it would be cute to throw a left hook at or threaten to kill someone during a Trump rally. Violence is wrong, and yes, Trump is wrong for using inciteful rhetoric, though what happened in Chicago a couple nights back was not his fault, like it or not. He had just as much right to speak as the protesters did. But I digress.

Most of us value civility, but to hear the media and everyone else, were out there looking for a fight. We're not members of the Schutzstaffel (The Nazi SS) looking to round up Muslims, Hispanics, or African Americans from their homes in the night, just so we can slit their throats in a perverted sense of superiority. We don't play the knockout game.

It's as simple as this. If the Republican party had done the job we had elected them to do, there would be no Donald Trump. If the Republican party fought twice as hard against Obama as they do Trump. There would be no Donald Trump. There would be no need for violent rhetoric and protests, or name calling. Yes, we recognize Trump is not for everyone, and that people have their own standards to adhere to, and we respect that. But the rest of us, in voting for a man that many of us don't think shares our values, we vote for him in hopes he can help us uphold them.

We voted for Trump for various reasons, and not because we're simply angry. This is a cliche saying, but it rings true today: "you don't know a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes." I myself don't think some of you understand us, or are unable to sympathize with us because we simply voted for Trump. Some of us are desperate. Some of us are afraid. Some of us don't see any way out other than Trump. Some of us are indeed angry; some of us are sick and tired, most of us have gone cycle after cycle voting for person after the other, hoping that he or she would be the one. And quite frankly, if you're like me, some of us have simply just given up. We are not acting in a fit of pique, this is a movement. We have tried playing by the rules and our reward was naught.

We are American citizens from all walks of life, from business owners, entrepreneurs, to soldiers and veterans, police, and firefighters, we're moms and dads with children scraping to get by, we're employed or unemployed, rich and poor, young and old, we consist of a diverse collection of races and ethnic backgrounds. We're college graduates, professors and teachers, highly educated or under educated. We're Christians, Muslims, and Jews. We are all human beings. As Shakespeare put it in his play, The Merchant of Venice, Act 3, Scene 1:

"If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that."
Another good example of Trump brained rationale. These people have no idea what they believe or why, they just know that they do.

Oh, be quiet. Just how much of this did you read before you launched your attack?
Well I'm not a Trump follower, so I read a little faster and comprehend a lot better too.

And and egotistical twit to boot.

you republicans have fought against obama from his very start ,,,for you to compare repubs fighting against trump as greater than your vileness towards a rightful president shows me you're either dishonest or politically stupid

"Rightful president"

You make him sound like a king, eddie. And that's why people are pissed, because to put it frankly, he's been acting like one.

And I believe the term you're looking for is "politically incorrect" not "politically stupid."
what choice does he have templar? executive orders?? as Sandra Day O'conner said repubs are a hateful vile petulant group who are only unified in their hate from the very beginning for a black president

If there were hate, it was for a democrat president set on destroying the country. Day is an elitist an out touch democrat elitist.

I'm probably going to be insulted, chastised, accused of hypocrisy in some sort of way, inciting double standards or whatnot for this post. For those of you not inclined to reading at least a minute or two, please, pass this post by.

But whatever you do, stop looking down on us, please.

Yes, I/we voted for Trump. Not all of us as Trump supporters voted for him because he "tells it like it is" or because we want to stick it to the "establishment." But does that warrant every other person who didn't looking down on us like we're a collective of brainless zombies? We're more often than not referred to in many sorts of derogatory ways, like "stupid", "un-American", "unintelligent", "Nazis", "Drumpfs", "Trumpettes", "racists" "pigs" or what have you. We're not idiots. We're smart people. We have the ability to think, to deduce, to reason. We don't deserve to be labeled. We're not monsters or automatons.

We don't deserve to be blamed for every Tom, Dick, or Harry who decides it would be cute to throw a left hook at or threaten to kill someone during a Trump rally. Violence is wrong, and yes, Trump is wrong for using inciteful rhetoric, though what happened in Chicago a couple nights back was not his fault, like it or not. He had just as much right to speak as the protesters did. But I digress.

Most of us value civility, but to hear the media and everyone else, were out there looking for a fight. We're not members of the Schutzstaffel (The Nazi SS) looking to round up Muslims, Hispanics, or African Americans from their homes in the night, just so we can slit their throats in a perverted sense of superiority. We don't play the knockout game.

It's as simple as this. If the Republican party had done the job we had elected them to do, there would be no Donald Trump. If the Republican party fought twice as hard against Obama as they do Trump. There would be no Donald Trump. There would be no need for violent rhetoric and protests, or name calling. Yes, we recognize Trump is not for everyone, and that people have their own standards to adhere to, and we respect that. But the rest of us, in voting for a man that many of us don't think shares our values, we vote for him in hopes he can help us uphold them.

We voted for Trump for various reasons, and not because we're simply angry. This is a cliche saying, but it rings true today: "you don't know a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes." I myself don't think some of you understand us, or are unable to sympathize with us because we simply voted for Trump. Some of us are desperate. Some of us are afraid. Some of us don't see any way out other than Trump. Some of us are indeed angry; some of us are sick and tired, most of us have gone cycle after cycle voting for person after the other, hoping that he or she would be the one. And quite frankly, if you're like me, some of us have simply just given up. We are not acting in a fit of pique, this is a movement. We have tried playing by the rules and our reward was naught.

We are American citizens from all walks of life, from business owners, entrepreneurs, to soldiers and veterans, police, and firefighters, we're moms and dads with children scraping to get by, we're employed or unemployed, rich and poor, young and old, we consist of a diverse collection of races and ethnic backgrounds. We're college graduates, professors and teachers, highly educated or under educated. We're Christians, Muslims, and Jews. We are all human beings. As Shakespeare put it in his play, The Merchant of Venice, Act 3, Scene 1:

"If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that."
Another good example of Trump brained rationale. These people have no idea what they believe or why, they just know that they do.

Paid Poster Troll ....

Someone pays him to post? How does someone get on that gravy train, there apparently are no requirements.

Forum List

Back