Student Suspended for Removing Mexican Flag

I am saying I believe what the student said and that he acted appropriately. I am saying that some people are so blinded that they will not see, and that includes you.

Throwing away property that you do not own on property that you do not own is never appropriate and children have to be taught that discipline.
No flag theory is above that.

He tried to give it to the assistant principal and the assistant principal refused to take it. He can do no better than that. After that failed, throwing it away is his next choice. Now, had he not tried to give it to the assistant principal, I would have said he should have taken it to lost and found, but since he did, at that point, his responsibility for the flag was over.

No...his choice was to leave someone else's property alone. If he thought some flag code was being broken, he should have gone to the front office and complained....not help himself to someone else's property.

You are saying that balcony is above the school's American flag?

I am saying I believe what the student said and that he acted appropriately. I am saying that some people are so blinded that they will not see, and that includes you.

A student acts appropriately by ripping something down that does not belong to him and is not on his own property?

Why would you call such behavior "acting appropriately"?

There was nothing in the article about him "ripping" the flag.

I wouldn't expect a foreigner to respect an American flag in the first damn place. Don't be jealous of the Texas flag, it's not our fault California was never really a Republic.

So. you've not heard of the Bear Flag Republic. That's ok...we are secesh...never have been.

BTW...why are you still hear? Haven't you seceded yet?

For a whole 26 days California claimed to be a republic.

I'm still here (in Texas) because my family fought and won the right to be here, after killing about 700 Mexican soldiers, wounding 208, and taking 730 prisoners while suffering 9 killed and 30 wounded.

And why do you keep lying?

:lol::lol: As if any of that fable about your family is true. :lol::lol:

Sort of got lost in the story, but who's flag was it?

I am curious, why would the assistant principal not take the flag or direct the student to put the flag back where the student took it from?

There is a great deal that makes no sense in this story. The flag wasn't lost, it was removed.

Or like did it have permission to be there in the first place. The kid could not find anyone to claim it.

Anything past detention is child abuse. The control freaks should be ashamed of themselves. Fascist wanna be's.

I'm sure the kid looked very very hard. :eusa_whistle:

You want to make that claim under oath??? Who are you to make such a claim??? Who are you to determine what happened when you weren't even there??? You condone this kid now having this bullshit following him around for years to come.

There was a tape this week of a Mexican kid ripping an American Flag off of a SUV as it drove away. That intention was clear. What should happen to him? Arrest? Deportation? You are hypocrites. No I don't want the kid arrested or deported for that, it is not the point. I support the free pass concept, in both cases. Let it go. You want to hand cuff someone, cuff yourself.

So. you've not heard of the Bear Flag Republic. That's ok...we are secesh...never have been.

BTW...why are you still hear? Haven't you seceded yet?

I'm still here (in Texas) because my family fought and won the right to be here, after killing about 700 Mexican soldiers, wounding 208, and taking 730 prisoners while suffering 9 killed and 30 wounded.

You are an Asshole.

Throwing away property that you do not own on property that you do not own is never appropriate and children have to be taught that discipline.

He tried to give it to the assistant principal and the assistant principal refused to take it. He can do no better than that. After that failed, throwing it away is his next choice. Now, had he not tried to give it to the assistant principal, I would have said he should have taken it to lost and found, but since he did, at that point, his responsibility for the flag was over.

No...his choice was to leave someone else's property alone. If he thought some flag code was being broken, he should have gone to the front office and complained....not help himself to someone else's property.

Wrong. By taking down the flag he proved he is not a child, he's a man and he did his duty. Obviously you don't understand what it is to be American.

You are an Asshole.

Yeah, I just said I didn't like her....but you are right.

so you favor a citizen of another country throwing away an american flag in theior country?
That would be ok with you?
Sure, righto there.

dumbass. What they do in their country is irrelevant. Did you miss the part where they bun us presidents in effigy? Did you you see me running on over to kill them for it?

This is where you shake your head side to side and say, "why no, gunny, you didn't."

people like you got no balls. That flag represents the ideals that protect wusstards like you and we that got a pair are the ones that go out and represent that flag. You, the verysame idiots that do your best to legislate those of us that protect your pansy little asses out of existence.

It's cuz you're flat fence-post stupid. I seen quail with more of a clue than you and your ilk. This nation's being destroyed from within by fuckwits like you. No one could take us from without.
:lol: Holy shit! It was a decoration for a holiday by the school's spanish club...get a grip.

no it wasn't....it was the latest wave in the hispanic takeover of our great country!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Exactly

I tried to find something on Mexican flag etiquette, but only found "etiquette" and "flag" as per American Flag

So Mexico has no etiquette concerning their flag. But the UN does :lol:

As I understand it, Mexico is much stricter with their flag ettiquette. They are not supposed to have the flag on clothing, bandanna's etc. like we do.
Our flag code also disallows for using the flag as an item of clothing.

Not that that stops those "conservatives" that have a flag fetish.

That is true Ravi. I personally won't wear a resemblance of the flag as clothing for that reason.

This is quite honestly the stupidest post I have ever seen.

:clap2:

I have disagreed with you on many things, but I've never called you stupid. You, above all people, should realize that when you have to resort to personal attacks, you've lost the debate.

:eusa_eh:
wow.... as I have been reading the hundreds of responses to this thread, I estimate less than 10% are in actual serious debate about the questions that are risen by this story. There have been many very insightful conclusions, conjectures, opinions, and ideas, but the majority of what you people are posting is utter shit... You ought to be ashamed of yourselves... You are acting like 2 high-school girls in a cat-fight over a boy, cursing and slandering and being completely vile.

If there is any problem with the U.S. right now it is our inability to CIVILY debate a topic. That is not to say that the posts here are illogical, they are just base and unworthy of a nation that was built on compromise and understanding of other viewpoints. There was a point in history where citizens of the U.S. refused on both sides to compromise or understand the other side. That period was called the CIVIL WAR. Now am am sure that some of our "crap education" (coughbullshitpostcough) students have heard of this period right?

But of course, the issue is not civil war, but a breakdown of America's real values, reason, responsibility, understanding, and the ability to work together.
So look back at your posts in this thread and others... If any of them consist purely of attacking another member of the USMB or you can't go a sentence without using the words "fuck", "ass", "douchebag", "dumbass", "retard", or "wetback", than you should impose a leave of absence on your self and think over your priorities and point in life.

Many of you ought to be ashamed of yourselves... Shape up and be real men and women instead of being stuck in elementary school level problem-solving.

To throw any mud you have to be waist deep in it yourself

wow.... as I have been reading the hundreds of responses to this thread, I estimate less than 10% are in actual serious debate about the questions that are risen by this story. There have been many very insightful conclusions, conjectures, opinions, and ideas, but the majority of what you people are posting is utter shit... You ought to be ashamed of yourselves... You are acting like 2 high-school girls in a cat-fight over a boy, cursing and slandering and being completely vile.

If there is any problem with the U.S. right now it is our inability to CIVILY debate a topic. That is not to say that the posts here are illogical, they are just base and unworthy of a nation that was built on compromise and understanding of other viewpoints. There was a point in history where citizens of the U.S. refused on both sides to compromise or understand the other side. That period was called the CIVIL WAR. Now am am sure that some of our "crap education" (coughbullshitpostcough) students have heard of this period right?

But of course, the issue is not civil war, but a breakdown of America's real values, reason, responsibility, understanding, and the ability to work together.
So look back at your posts in this thread and others... If any of them consist purely of attacking another member of the USMB or you can't go a sentence without using the words "fuck", "ass", "douchebag", "dumbass", "retard", or "wetback", than you should impose a leave of absence on your self and think over your priorities and point in life.

Many of you ought to be ashamed of yourselves... Shape up and be real men and women instead of being stuck in elementary school level problem-solving.

Bullfuckingshit! Pity?

I have disagreed with you on many things, but I've never called you stupid. You, above all people, should realize that when you have to resort to personal attacks, you've lost the debate.
I apologize if I hurt your feelings. But if you can't be honest on a message board, where can you be honest?

Destroying someone else's property is never the right thing to do unless you are willing to take the punishment for doing it. Obviously, this kid wasn't willing to take the punishment.

I find it shocking that anyone could claim he didn't deserve some form of punishment for his actions.

Awww....would you like a tissue?

I apologize if I hurt your feelings. But if you can't be honest on a message board, where can you be honest?

Destroying someone else's property is never the right thing to do unless you are willing to take the punishment for doing it. Obviously, this kid wasn't willing to take the punishment.

I find it shocking that anyone could claim he didn't deserve some form of punishment for his actions.

do you or do you not believe in "equal justice under the law"? obviously you do not.

Forum List

Back