Student Suspended for Removing Mexican Flag

This flag was approximately 4' higher than the American Flag inside the school. We are NOT talking about all the flags on the school property, we are talking about inside the school, which by the way is an AMERICAN school.....stop acting so dense

YouTube - Mom of TX Student Suspended for Removing Mexican Flag Sets Story Straight

Living in Southern California with a large Mexican-American population, I am still very concerned about the new Arizona law. The whole State is creepy with it's politics, abundance of seniors, and this defined class system that is worse than California, New Mexico or Texas. It just takes a nudge like this flag incident to bring about violence. Living near the border with its drug cartels and border violence is like walking on egg shells. I am concerned that all this racial behavior could be like putting gasoline on a fire.

What racial behavior? When Mexico pays the bills then she can fly her flag here.. What's racial about that?

My post was supposed to be words of caution, not a comment.

Living in Southern California with a large Mexican-American population, I am still very concerned about the new Arizona law. The whole State is creepy with it's politics, abundance of seniors, and this defined class system that is worse than California, New Mexico or Texas. It just takes a nudge like this flag incident to bring about violence. Living near the border with its drug cartels and border violence is like walking on egg shells. I am concerned that all this racial behavior could be like putting gasoline on a fire.

What racial behavior? When Mexico pays the bills then she can fly her flag here.. What's racial about that?

no, you specifically referred to "all this racial behavior" what did you mean by that?

no, you specifically referred to "all this racial behavior" what did you mean by that?

Now, I know this is difficult for you. On the southern border of the United States is Mexico, while they are caucasian they are non-white. The Government of this country, the United States of America, is basically controlled by whites, or as we say in the southwest USA, "anglos." When there is conflict at the Mexico/USA border many of the people on one side have brown skin, and the people on the other side have white skin. What results results can be called, "racial behavior." People, (of any skin color) can get hurt. This is not a good thing.

colorism.jpg

Last edited:
An outdoor display has nothing to do with an indoor display.

So...any flag...any at all MUST be below all American flags on campus, no matter where they are?

This flag was approximately 4' higher than the American Flag inside the school. We are NOT talking about all the flags on the school property, we are talking about inside the school, which by the way is an AMERICAN school.....stop acting so dense

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO8MGmoVgGU&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Mom of TX Student Suspended for Removing Mexican Flag Sets Story Straight[/ame]

Oh how very horrible to have that flag hanging there. Where is the American flag NEXT to it that it is being flown higher than? In another room? In another wing?

My friend flies Irish flags outside his classroom on March 17th. His American flag IN his classroom is lower and is smaller. Does some kid have the right to go rip down the Irish flag and throw it away now?

Last edited:
So...any flag...any at all MUST be below all American flags on campus, no matter where they are?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO8MGmoVgGU&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Mom of TX Student Suspended for Removing Mexican Flag Sets Story Straight[/ame]

the kid is a fricking hero. The only way that damn flag should remain is if Mexico pays for that school and all the student's education. Somehow I don't believe that is the case. somehow.

You have an odd, rather minimalistic way of measuring heros.

Oh how very horrible to have that flag hanging there. Where is the American flag NEXT to it that it is being flown higher than? In another room? In another wing?

My friend flies Irish flags outside his classroom on March 17th. His American flag IN his classroom is lower and is smaller. Does some kid have the right to go rip down the Irish flag and throw it away now?

yes.

YouTube - Mom of TX Student Suspended for Removing Mexican Flag Sets Story Straight

yes.

Really? Even tho that flag is NOT that child's property? Even tho there is no other flag (American or otherwise) within sight of that flag?

What if it were a Marine Corps flag (btw, I have a neighbor who flies his Marine Corps flag about 6 inches higher on one side of his garage than the American flag on the other side.) Does someone have the right to go rip that flag down and throw it away?

How about those "Don't Tread on Me" Flags we see at Tea Party gatherings. If one of those flags ends up being higher than someone else's American flag in that rally, do we have the right to go tear that "Don't Tread on Me" flag down and throw it away?

Last edited:

yes.

Really? Even tho that flag is NOT that child's property? Even tho there is no other flag (American or otherwise) within sight of that flag?

What if it were a Marine Corps flag (btw, I have a neighbor who flies his Marine Corps flag about 6 inches higher on one side of his garage than the American flag on the other side.) Does someone have the right to go rip that flag down and throw it away?

How about those "Don't Tread on Me" Flags we see at Tea Party gatherings. If one of those flags ends up being higher than someone else's American flag in that rally, do we have the right to go tear that "Don't Tread on Me" flag down and throw it away?

No, your friend is flying his flag on private property, not on public property. As for the "Tea Party" a simple explanation of flag etiquette ought to be enough.

hahahaha! The little toad negged me with the comment, "debate, don't attack."

That is fucking hilarious and ironic.

Hey, your continuation of being a prude just verifies the fact that you are acting more and more uneducated, desperate, and stupid. I don't mind if you don't care about my feedback, I just don't like seeing people whose sole enjoyment comes from attacking others (the word is sadistic, and it doesn't have to be physical), and I do what is in my powers to try and check them a little, which on USMB includes commenting and negging if necessary. Now scurry off to urbandictionary to find some new string of swear words you can use to sound even more impressively ignorant and arrogant (the worst combination btw).
You might want to look up the definition of prude, monkeybutt.

He took the flag down as it was improperly displayed ABOVE the American flag. He tried to give it to the assistant principal who refused to take it. At that point, he'd done his duty. He did nothing wrong in throwing it away as no one owned up to owning the flag and the assistant principal refused to take it.

I find it shocking that any American would think this kid deserved to be punished for acting appropriately. But then again, we do live in a world where 5 American students in an American public school were sent home on May 5 for wearing t shirts with the American flag on it and even earlier, a young child was punished for drawing a picture of the flag in art class and putting "God Bless America" on it.

And because I know you will call me a liar: Salinas Teacher Calls This Drawing "Offensive" | NBC Bay Area

I find it hard to believe this Mexican flag was displayed over the school's American flag....which is on a flag pole....from that point, I look at anything else this kid says with great suspicion.

Exactly. The two flags were not in the same room or part of a grouping so this entire episode is really nothing more than someone hating on his fellow Americans...who happen to be of Mexican heritage. And he has a temper problem.

I'd love to know what his ROTC leader thinks of all this. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think he should have thrown it away but suspending him was counter productive to teaching him and his fellow students.

They should have made a lesson plan to educate all the students in how the flag should be displayed and why.

it was done in the name of POLITICAL CORRECTNESS....cant offend the non citizens....
The spanish club are students and presumably Americans.

you mean Americans.....who happen to be of Mexican decent?.....yea there are a lot here.....lots of them are getting weary of the costs of Illegals too...

Now, I know this is difficult for you. On the southern border of the United States is Mexico, while they are caucasian they are non-white. The Government of this country, the United States of America, is basically controlled by whites, or as we say in the southwest USA, "anglos." When there is conflict at the Mexico/USA border many of the people on one side have brown skin, and the people on the other side have white skin. What results results can be called, "racial behavior." People, (of any skin color) can get hurt. This is not a good thing.

colorism.jpg

no it's not. Is it.. and so the brown people resent the hell outta the white people.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I dont think he should have thrown it away but suspending him was counter productive to teaching him and his fellow students.

They should have made a lesson plan to educate all the students in how the flag should be displayed and why.

it was done in the name of POLITICAL CORRECTNESS....cant offend the non citizens....

it was POLITICAL CORRECTNESS Ravi....on the schools part....no matter who or what the kids were....or maybe they could have used this as a lesson,but they did not....because PC won out....cant offend anyone,EVEN if a little talking would have helped immensely...Political Correctness is dividing this Country on many Social fronts....

I find it hard to believe this Mexican flag was displayed over the school's American flag....which is on a flag pole....from that point, I look at anything else this kid says with great suspicion.

Exactly. The two flags were not in the same room or part of a grouping so this entire episode is really nothing more than someone hating on his fellow Americans...who happen to be of Mexican heritage. And he has a temper problem.

Actually, I do not really blame the boy. He's bought into the current rhetoric and let his emotions get the best of him...made him forget that he was ripping down someone else's property. Unfortunately (and he is right, based on the "hero worship" we see here), he's been led to believe that such crude behavior will be applauded.

it was POLITICAL CORRECTNESS Ravi....on the schools part....no matter who or what the kids were....or maybe they could have used this as a lesson,but they did not....because PC won out....cant offend anyone,EVEN if a little talking would have helped immensely...Political Correctness is dividing this Country on many Social fronts....
As far as I can tell the only person that was offended was this kid that threw away the flag.

Exactly

I tried to find something on Mexican flag etiquette, but only found "etiquette" and "flag" as per American Flag

So Mexico has no etiquette concerning their flag. But the UN does :lol:

As I understand it, Mexico is much stricter with their flag ettiquette. They are not supposed to have the flag on clothing, bandanna's etc. like we do.
Our flag code also disallows for using the flag as an item of clothing.

Not that that stops those "conservatives" that have a flag fetish.

No one was wearing the American flag, ya dumbass!

As I understand it, Mexico is much stricter with their flag ettiquette. They are not supposed to have the flag on clothing, bandanna's etc. like we do.
Our flag code also disallows for using the flag as an item of clothing.

Not that that stops those "conservatives" that have a flag fetish.

No one was wearing the American flag, ya dumbass!
Read for comprehension mental midget.

Actually, I do not really blame the boy. He's bought into the current rhetoric and let his emotions get the best of him...made him forget that he was ripping down someone else's property. Unfortunately (and he is right, based on the "hero worship" we see here), he's been led to believe that such crude behavior will be applauded.

No what should have happened is the school should have taken more responsibility for what it allowed to hang on it's property in the first place. It could have just as easily been a Nazi or Chinese , or Soviet flag. How about a flag from Cuba, Iran, or Venezuela? Explain why it belonged there in the first place. I know Mexico wants the Southwest back, but isn't this a bit premature? Eh Amigo?????

Forum List

Back