Student Suspended for Removing Mexican Flag

Oh I read it correctly you stated, "using the flag as an item of clothing" no one was wearing the flag as an item of clothing. Damn you are stupid!
Try reading the post I was replying to, moron.

Here's some interesting flag code material I bet get broken all the time:

1. The flag should never be displayed with the union (the starred blue union) down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.[3] (How many righties have been putting their flag upside down lately?)

2. The flag should never be used for any advertising purpose. It should not be embroidered, printed, or otherwise impressed on such articles as cushions, handkerchiefs, napkins, boxes, or anything intended to be discarded after temporary use. Advertising signs should not be attached to the staff or halyard. (How many companies advertise their 'patriotism' by breaking the U.S. Flag Code?

3. The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, firefighters, police officers, and members of patriotic organizations. (Interesting. How many threads have been started complaining about this one?)

4. and when indoors:

When on display, the flag is accorded the place of honor, always positioned to its own right. Place it to the right of the speaker or staging area or sanctuary. Other flags should be to the left.
The flag of the United States of America should be at the center and at the highest point of the group when a number of flags of states, localities, or societies are grouped for display.
When one flag is used with the flag of the United States of America and the staffs are crossed, the flag of the United States is placed on its own right with its staff in front of the other flag.
When displaying the flag against a wall, vertically or horizontally, the flag's union (stars) should be at the top, to the flag's own right, and to the observer's left.

(Note the bold, underlined, and enlarged) NOTHING about one flag over another UNLESS they are grouped together. Looking at the picture...there is no grouping, is there?
Yep...I pointed that out more than once but the xenophobes just ignored it.

The support arguments for this kid are allover the place.
Can any of you explain what right does any American have to take property that is not their own and destroy it?
Specifics please. Where is that in the law?

that's what I've been trying to tell you. he has the same rights as the illegals do. they take property that is not their own and destroy it. no one punishes them for it,, so why should we punish this kid??

See? All Hispanics are illegals, so "real" Americans can do whatever they want to them. This post confirms that thought.

you are the most superior of ALL MORONS you even have MODMORON whipped..:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

the concept of equal justice under the law eludes you huh? tsk tsk tsk.

I found several things in the video interesting. The school is no longer going to allow the dispplay of flags from other nations in the school. Sounds like someone is a little worried about their actions in the controversy. Also, the student has to repay a third party for the flag. That is fine, but the third party name is not revealed to the student. The school is negoiating what a fair price is for the flag. That seems a bit strange to me. Should have the right to meet your accusers even if you do admit the guilt.

My friend flies Irish flags outside his classroom on March 17th. His American flag IN his classroom is lower and is smaller. Does some kid have the right to go rip down the Irish flag and throw it away now?

No, because at least illegal Irish immigrants are pale and can speak English.

why don't you believe in equal justice under the law? why punish a kid for what you let others do freely?? makes no sense to me.

that's what I've been trying to tell you. he has the same rights as the illegals do. they take property that is not their own and destroy it. no one punishes them for it,, so why should we punish this kid??

See? All Hispanics are illegals, so "real" Americans can do whatever they want to them. This post confirms that thought.

you are the most superior of ALL MORONS you even have MODMORON whipped..:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

the concept of equal justice under the law eludes you huh? tsk tsk tsk.

I am NOT the one advocating that someone who does something to Hispanics should be excused because of what some other Hispanics are doing. That would be you.

I found several things in the video interesting. The school is no longer going to allow the dispplay of flags from other nations in the school. Sounds like someone is a little worried about their actions in the controversy. Also, the student has to repay a third party for the flag. That is fine, but the third party name is not revealed to the student. The school is negoiating what a fair price is for the flag. That seems a bit strange to me. Should have the right to meet your accusers even if you do admit the guilt.

It's Texas....I'll go out on a limb and guess that the 3rd party is afraid of reprisals by "real" Americans like those we've seen here on this thread.

That's ridiculous. A real victory for the pc fucktards.

What next, eliminate Spanish and French clubs?

Well...check this out: Arizona House Committee Wants to Ban Chicano Studies as Part of "Homeland Security" bill - Don't Tase Me, Bro!

It's Texas....I'll go out on a limb and guess that the 3rd party is afraid of reprisals by "real" Americans like those we've seen here on this thread.

The school was not wronged, but an individual. If that individual will not step forward, I don't think the kids should have to pay. No accuser, no crime.

I think your more right than not. Proper display of flags is really the issue. Knowing something about a neighbering nation seems to be a worthwhile learning experience. Their flag would be part of that. I'm sure there is history and significance in the flag.

Even the mom said throwing the flag away was a big mistake.

Too bad this kid wasn't a little more savvy. I mean, instead of being the culprit he could have been the victim. I mean if he had just thrown himself in the corner in the fetal position he could have sued them for racial discrimination. I mean, instead of 3 days off he could have had his college paid for here.

Too bad this kid wasn't a little more savvy. I mean, instead of being the culprit he could have been the victim. I mean if he had just thrown himself in the corner in the fetal position he could have sued them for racial discrimination. I mean, instead of 3 days off he could have had his college paid for here.

Then he's REALLY be someone's hero. :eusa_whistle:

Let Mexico pay for this school district. When the faculty gets their check in pesos then maybe they will remember where they are and what nation funds them. Ever wonder why there are no mexican schools waving an American flag? Mexico is a SHIT HOLE.

Note to self: May not want to throw flags away.

NEW YORK – Jasper Johns' seminal work "Flag" from the collection of the late best-selling author Michael Crichton sold for $28.6 million at a New York City auction Tuesday, an auction record for the artist.

Christie's said the work was purchased by an American art dealer during high-spirited bidding Tuesday night by phone and in the room. There were four bidders for the work, which took two minutes to sell, Christie's said.

Jasper Johns' 'Flag' fetches $28.6M at NYC auction - Yahoo! News

Well...check this out: Arizona House Committee Wants to Ban Chicano Studies as Part of "Homeland Security" bill - Don't Tase Me, Bro!
Wow, that's nuts.

The school was not wronged, but an individual. If that individual will not step forward, I don't think the kids should have to pay. No accuser, no crime.
When I was in high school anything displayed on school grounds became the property of the school until the school returned it to the original owner. I doubt this has changed.

It wasn't a US flag.

It doesn't matter - putting any country's flag in the trash is a provocative and insulting thing to do. I'm not talking about "flag etiquette"...

You mean like burning our President in effigy? Yeah, legally, it matters.

Yes.

But I am not talking about "legally" - I'm talking about rude and provocative behavior that shouldn't be rewarded by making excuses for it. Geez - when one of my dogs acts up bad he gets a scruff shake....and you so don't want to know what happens when hubby acts bad :eusa_whistle:

A student at Klein Collins High School in Texas observed upon his entering his school that there was a Mexican Flag hung from the balcony. After trying to find out to whom the flag belonged and after attempting to contact school officials several times, the student removed the flag. He then did a relatively rash, ignorant, and stupid act by throwing the flag in the trash instead of... lets say turning it into the lost and found. When school officials found out about the student's act, they suspended him for three days.

Although this student did vandalize property and offend people, he did have solid reason for REMOVING the flag (again, he did not have reason for throwing it away). Klein Collins displays the traditional American Flag on a pole outside the school, but inside the school, the newly hung Mexican flag was higher than any U.S. flag in the hallway. This is a violation of the sanctity of the American flag (you know, those anti burning/desecrating/hanging-upside-down of the flag laws) where the U.S. flag has to be the most prominently displayed flag on any government property, such as schools.

Article Klein Independent School district denies flag flap rumors | abc13.com
Pic/article Texas Student Suspended *** Removed Mexican... | Gather

What are your thoughts? Was the student right for removing the flag? Was he right for throwing it away? Was it okay to hang the Mexican flag where they did? Was the school right in suspending him for 3 days?

Throwing any country's flag in the trash is a delibrately insulting and provocative action. If he didn't know better then, he sure does now. I suspect he knew what he was doing and he deserved what he got.

So I gather that you're opposed to anyone burning the American flag?

When Americans burn and American flag they are making a statement about their own country to their countrymen. I may or may not agree but it's free speech. So is burning another country's flag. Both actions are rude and provocative, but not illegal. When it is done in the context of the current tense, xenophobic, anti-Mexican atmosphere, in a school full of hormonally challanged adolescents - it's all the more provocative. That kind of behavior should not be encouraged or excused in schools.

He's a member of the ROTC so yea I'm willing to bet he knows a hell of a lot more about flag etiquette than most kids his age. Speaking of pathetic, how've you been doing?

Then should have known better than to put a flag in the trash.

Why? Why should Americans respect a foreign flag?

Why shouldn't we? If you read the link provided, it was part of a celebration, along with other items, of an ethnic culture - an ethnic culture shared by a number of the students there and approved by the school. So you think it's ok to insult them because of their heritage? In my area, we have an annual Italian Heritage celebration in a number of towns that includes parades and flags and italian foods. Should their flags be torn down and thrown in the trash or is that reserved for Mexican flags?

Forum List

Back