Student Suspended for Removing Mexican Flag

It's Texas....I'll go out on a limb and guess that the 3rd party is afraid of reprisals by "real" Americans like those we've seen here on this thread.

The school was not wronged, but an individual. If that individual will not step forward, I don't think the kids should have to pay. No accuser, no crime.
When I was in high school anything displayed on school grounds became the property of the school until the school returned it to the original owner. I doubt this has changed.

Unless you signed a release I doubt that is true. You didn't sign a release did you.

This is interesting....I guess it shows how rumors get out of control. In the second link of the OP: Klein Independent School district denies flag flap rumors | abc13.com

The initial story being passed around Houston, fueled by a radio show report, says that a student at Klein Collins High School removed a Mexican flag from a flagpole because it was being flown higher than a US flag. The student was allegedly then suspended for three days. But that's not what school officials say happened.

The Klein Independent School District issued a reponse on their website to what they call 'inaccurate allegations.' It reads as follows:

* Neither the Klein Independent School District nor any of its campuses has flown another country or state's flag on a pole outside of its facilities.
* Neither the Klein Independent School District nor any of its campuses has flown the American flag upside down.
* Neither the Klein Independent School District nor any of its campuses has displayed another country or state's flag in a manner that would dishonor or disrespect the American flag or the Texas state flag.
* As part of a student activity, permission was granted for students to display some decorations for Cinco de Mayo which included the Mexican flag that was placed on a railing in the school. This activity was never meant to dishonor or show disrespect to our country or our state or our flags.

....a Mexican flag was displayed inside the building, with permission, by a member of the school's Spanish club as part of a Cinco de Mayo observance. Moreno says another student upset by the display removed the flag and stuffed it in a trash can. She adds that the school cannot comment on any discipline the student may have received.

It was removed because it was flying higher than the US flag. What part of that don't you understand? Unpatriotic fucks like you ought to move your pansy ass to Mexico.

Read the fucking link you ignorant twat.

It wasn't flown. What part of "was displayed inside the building" do you not understand? Sound it out, or ask JenyEliza for help with the phonics.

I dont think he should have thrown it away but suspending him was counter productive to teaching him and his fellow students.

They should have made a lesson plan to educate all the students in how the flag should be displayed and why.

This is a very logical idea.....and will be rejected out of hand by the demogogues.

The Mexican flag should NOT be displayed anywhere in a Public High school in the United States unless it is a special presentation of other Countries flags. Pretty simple concept.

It was part of a special celebration of a particular culture - what the hell is wrong with that? I can recall - and this was before "diversity" - cultural displays in school put on by various student groups that included the flags of the country to help you learn about other countries. Why the hell is that so repellent?

This is a very logical idea.....and will be rejected out of hand by the demogogues.

The Mexican flag should NOT be displayed anywhere in a Public High school in the United States unless it is a special presentation of other Countries flags. Pretty simple concept.

It was part of a special celebration of a particular culture - what the hell is wrong with that? I can recall - and this was before "diversity" - cultural displays in school put on by various student groups that included the flags of the country to help you learn about other countries. Why the hell is that so repellent?

Because it's the Mexican flag and they are afraid.

I dont think he should have thrown it away but suspending him was counter productive to teaching him and his fellow students.

They should have made a lesson plan to educate all the students in how the flag should be displayed and why.

it was done in the name of POLITICAL CORRECTNESS....cant offend the non citizens....
The spanish club are students and presumably Americans.

There is nothing in any of the articles I've read that said the Spanish club hung the flag. Apparently the school takes responsibility for hanging it, but they claim it is owned by another entity.....hmmmm

It was removed because it was flying higher than the US flag. What part of that don't you understand? Unpatriotic fucks like you ought to move your pansy ass to Mexico.

So...you are saying the School District (who's report you can link, but apparently not read) is lying?

Nick Morris said he took the flag down because it was placed higher than the US flag. I believe him.

"It could have been a Russian flag or French flag, I still would have taken it down. If you looked at the American Flag and Texan flag, in another part of the building, the Mexican Flag was much higher," said the 10th-grade ROTC cadet. "Before I took it down, I sent a picture of it to my mom and she called the school to tell them we were offended and they hung up on her."

Of course you believe him. It fits your xenophobic view. Despite the fact that there is ZERO evidence supporting it. The damn flag WASN'T EVEN BEING FLOWN. I will generously say the student was misguided - but still stupid and provocative and he had to know it.

I can remember in Girl Scouts drawing flags from all over the world. The American flag was still there and still higher than the foreign flags.

I do believe the Mexican flag engenders a certain hatred right now, but just look at my signature to put it in context.

This is interesting....I guess it shows how rumors get out of control. In the second link of the OP: Klein Independent School district denies flag flap rumors | abc13.com

It wasn't flown. What part of "was displayed inside the building" do you not understand? Sound it out, or ask JenyEliza for help with the phonics.

Fuck you, you wetback loving shithead!

The school was not wronged, but an individual. If that individual will not step forward, I don't think the kids should have to pay. No accuser, no crime.
When I was in high school anything displayed on school grounds became the property of the school until the school returned it to the original owner. I doubt this has changed.

Unless you signed a release I doubt that is true. You didn't sign a release did you.
:confused: We had to get approval from "the office" to display anything. They'd put a little tag on it saying it was approved.

Then should have known better than to put a flag in the trash.

Why? Why should Americans respect a foreign flag?

Why shouldn't we? If you read the link provided, it was part of a celebration, along with other items, of an ethnic culture - an ethnic culture shared by a number of the students there and approved by the school. So you think it's ok to insult them because of their heritage? In my area, we have an annual Italian Heritage celebration in a number of towns that includes parades and flags and italian foods. Should their flags be torn down and thrown in the trash or is that reserved for Mexican flags?

They're not afraid of Italians.....any more. :eusa_whistle:

So...you are saying the School District (who's report you can link, but apparently not read) is lying?

Nick Morris said he took the flag down because it was placed higher than the US flag. I believe him.

"It could have been a Russian flag or French flag, I still would have taken it down. If you looked at the American Flag and Texan flag, in another part of the building, the Mexican Flag was much higher," said the 10th-grade ROTC cadet. "Before I took it down, I sent a picture of it to my mom and she called the school to tell them we were offended and they hung up on her."

Of course you believe him. It fits your xenophobic view. Despite the fact that there is ZERO evidence supporting it. The damn flag WASN'T EVEN BEING FLOWN. I will generously say the student was misguided - but still stupid and provocative and he had to know it.

There's those semantics again. I bet you agree that Mexicans and Canadians are Americans because it's a continent, don't you?

it was done in the name of POLITICAL CORRECTNESS....cant offend the non citizens....

There is nothing in any of the articles I've read that said the Spanish club hung the flag. Apparently the school takes responsibility for hanging it, but they claim it is owned by another entity.....hmmmm
It was in one of the links in the OP. I see you only absorb what suits your xenophobic tush.
According to Klein ISD Communications Director Trazanna Moreno, a Mexican flag was displayed inside the building, with permission, by a member of the school's Spanish club as part of a Cinco de Mayo observance. Moreno says another student upset by the display removed the flag and stuffed it in a trash can. She adds that the school cannot comment on any discipline the student may have received.

:confused: We had to get approval from "the office" to display anything. They'd put a little tag on it saying it was approved.

OKay. How does approval translate to ownership by the school?

See? Fear.

I can remember in Girl Scouts drawing flags from all over the world. The American flag was still there and still higher than the foreign flags.

I do believe the Mexican flag engenders a certain hatred right now, but just look at my signature to put it in context.

It's the same irrational hatred that has been directed at other immigrant groups in the past - the Chinese (sly opium eaters and traders in sexual slaves - look at the laws passed on Chinese immigration), Japanese americans (internment camps), the dirty East European Jews and Poles. So on and so forth. This kind of misbeggotten mindset that lets people single out entire ethnic groups in times of stress. It focuses on rumor, half truths and stereotypes to give angry people something to blame for economic woes and to focus their hate at.

The flag was not flown - it was displayed as part of an overall display. It was inside. Outside, the U.S. flag and the Texas state flag were flown on the flag pole.

Temper temper. Sounds like you need some anger management strategies. Or maybe a nap.

It was in one of the links in the OP. I see you only absorb what suits your xenophobic tush.
According to Klein ISD Communications Director Trazanna Moreno, a Mexican flag was displayed inside the building, with permission, by a member of the school's Spanish club as part of a Cinco de Mayo observance. Moreno says another student upset by the display removed the flag and stuffed it in a trash can. She adds that the school cannot comment on any discipline the student may have received.

"a member of the school's Spanish club"? One person, not the club. The student was suspended. His parents have offered to pay for the flag but the school is trying to "research" it's value to be sure that what the person who owns the flag claims it is.

There's those semantics again. I bet you agree that Mexicans and Canadians are Americans because it's a continent, don't you?

Huh? What the hell are you talking about? Mexico is Mexico. Canada is Canada. US is US.

And none of that changes the fact that the Mexican. Flag. Wasn't. Flown. - either above, below, or alongside the U.S. flag.

Huh? What the hell are you talking about? Mexico is Mexico. Canada is Canada. US is US.

And none of that changes the fact that the Mexican. Flag. Wasn't. Flown. - either above, below, or alongside the U.S. flag.

You want to use the word "displayed" go ahead, it was still wrong.

Forum List

Back