Student Suspended for Removing Mexican Flag

The logic of the rightwingtards: Because most of our illegal immigrants come from Mexico, law abiding Mexican/Americans are not allowed to celebrate their heritage and their personal property should not be protected under American law.

Ignorant doucherags, every one of you... and then some.

They can celebrate their heritage, but when in the course of their celebration they disrespect or disparage our country, then it becomes a problem.

Perhaps you should learn what Cinco de Mayo is all about. The mexicans thinks it's their independence day when in fact it's not. Mexico's independence day is Sept. 16.

Wise up!

Really? Mexicans I know think it celebrates the Battle of Puebla.

Where were you when those highschool kids were claiming they were being disrespected by the American students wearing shirts with the American flag on it on Cinco de Mayo and compared it to them wearing the Mexican flag on July 4th?

They can celebrate their heritage, but when in the course of their celebration they disrespect or disparage our country, then it becomes a problem.

Perhaps you should learn what Cinco de Mayo is all about. The mexicans thinks it's their independence day when in fact it's not. Mexico's independence day is Sept. 16.

Wise up!

Really? Mexicans I know think it celebrates the Battle of Puebla.

Where were you when those highschool kids were claiming they were being disrespected by the American students wearing shirts with the American flag on it on Cinco de Mayo and compared it to them wearing the Mexican flag on July 4th?

Thinking they were a bunch of idiots as was the principal of that school.

(Do you know anything about Morgan Hill?)

Face it...there are those here (and we know who they are) who support treating anyone and anything that they personally don't respect with disdain or abuse. It's as simple as that....and they brag about teaching their children the same disrespect.
Yep. If one of my kids stole and destroyed someone else's property and then expected my sympathy for their suspension I'd laugh them out of the house.

No way in hell they'd be on the radio whining about it.

If my kid had done what that kid did, I would be a very proud parent. He did his DUTY. He took down a flag that was offensive to America as it was being flown above the American flag. If it's true that he tried to give it to the assistant principal and the assistant principal refused, then he was well within his rights to toss the flag. I'm certainly glad I'm not in your family, I'd be totally confused on right and wrong.

I dont think he should have thrown it away but suspending him was counter productive to teaching him and his fellow students.

They should have made a lesson plan to educate all the students in how the flag should be displayed and why.

This is a very logical idea.....and will be rejected out of hand by the demogogues.

It'll be rejected as irrelevant. US flag etiquette pertains solely to the US flag. Last I checked, we aren't in Mexico.

Exactly

I tried to find something on Mexican flag etiquette, but only found "etiquette" and "flag" as per American Flag

So Mexico has no etiquette concerning their flag. But the UN does :lol:

Face it...there are those here (and we know who they are) who support treating anyone and anything that they personally don't respect with disdain or abuse. It's as simple as that....and they brag about teaching their children the same disrespect.
Yep. If one of my kids stole and destroyed someone else's property and then expected my sympathy for their suspension I'd laugh them out of the house.

If my kid had done what that kid did, I would be a very proud parent. He did his DUTY. He took down a flag that was offensive to America as it was being flown above the American flag. If it's true that he tried to give it to the assistant principal and the assistant principal refused, then he was well within his rights to toss the flag. I'm certainly glad I'm not in your family, I'd be totally confused on right and wrong.
The district says it was not flying over the American flag which was where it was supposed to be...at the top of the flag pole.

This is a very logical idea.....and will be rejected out of hand by the demogogues.

It'll be rejected as irrelevant. US flag etiquette pertains solely to the US flag. Last I checked, we aren't in Mexico.

Exactly

I tried to find something on Mexican flag etiquette, but only found "etiquette" and "flag" as per American Flag

As I understand it, Mexico is much stricter with their flag ettiquette. They are not supposed to have the flag on clothing, bandanna's etc. like we do.

Exactly

As I understand it, Mexico is much stricter with their flag ettiquette. They are not supposed to have the flag on clothing, bandanna's etc. like we do.

Do you have a problem with me or any others wearing the flag in any way we please on MAY the 5th? BTW...that is english for Cinco de Mayo :razz:

:lol: It wasn't flying higher than the American flag. In fact, it wasn't FLYING at all. Are you really this stupid? It always surprises me that really stupid people can figure out how to post on a message board.

Exactly

Our flag code also disallows for using the flag as an item of clothing.

Not that that stops those "conservatives" that have a flag fetish.

:lol: It wasn't flying higher than the American flag. In fact, it wasn't FLYING at all. Are you really this stupid? It always surprises me that really stupid people can figure out how to post on a message board.

It was hanging from a banister on the balcony ABOVE the American flag...and you are arguing semantics.

Exactly

Do you have a problem with me or any others wearing the flag in any way we please on MAY the 5th? BTW...that is english for Cinco de Mayo :razz:

Absolutely not....BTW...Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican-American holiday...hardly celebrated in Mexico at all. And if I had anyone give me a hard time over wearing an American flag, I would point that out to them very quickly.

Exactly

Our flag code also disallows for using the flag as an item of clothing.

Not that that stops those "conservatives" that have a flag fetish.

Having a flag on your t-shirt is not the same as wearing the flag. You are wearing a t-shirt, with the flag ON it. Not made out of it.

It was hanging from a banister on the balcony ABOVE the American flag...and you are arguing semantics.

You are saying that balcony is above the school's American flag?

I am saying I believe what the student said and that he acted appropriately. I am saying that some people are so blinded that they will not see, and that includes you.

I am saying I believe what the student said and that he acted appropriately. I am saying that some people are so blinded that they will not see, and that includes you.

Throwing away property that you do not own on property that you do not own is never appropriate and children have to be taught that discipline.
No flag theory is above that.

Throwing away property that you do not own on property that you do not own is never appropriate and children have to be taught that discipline.
No flag theory is above that.

He tried to give it to the assistant principal and the assistant principal refused to take it. He can do no better than that. After that failed, throwing it away is his next choice. Now, had he not tried to give it to the assistant principal, I would have said he should have taken it to lost and found, but since he did, at that point, his responsibility for the flag was over.

Sort of got lost in the story, but who's flag was it?

I am curious, why would the assistant principal not take the flag or direct the student to put the flag back where the student took it from?

There is a great deal that makes no sense in this story. The flag wasn't lost, it was removed.

I am curious, why would the assistant principal not take the flag or direct the student to put the flag back where the student took it from?

There is a great deal that makes no sense in this story. The flag wasn't lost, it was removed.

Or like did it have permission to be there in the first place. The kid could not find anyone to claim it.

Anything past detention is child abuse. The control freaks should be ashamed of themselves. Fascist wanna be's.

A student acts appropriately by ripping something down that does not belong to him and is not on his own property?

Why would you call such behavior "acting appropriately"?

Or like did it have permission to be there in the first place. The kid could not find anyone to claim it.

Anything past detention is child abuse. The control freaks should be ashamed of themselves. Fascist wanna be's.

I'm sure the kid looked very very hard. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back