Students protest FOR 2nd Amendment Rights - Yeah Baby !!

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Another slam dunk.

The audacity of these dumb asses with all their policies that create an environment where murder & crime is rampant......

THEN...demand you and I be helpless victims of their stupidity.

upload_2018-4-5_11-58-15.png

the Second Amendment is about an archaic issue relevant to 1790. The Second Amendment reads as follows:

“A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”

The purpose of the Second Amendment was to prevent the new Federal Government established in 1789 from disarming the state militias and replacing them with a Federal standing army. It was a concern that was relevant perhaps for a few years around the birth of the country. It is irrelevant today. Americans do not rely on state militias in 2012 for our freedom from the federal government.

... only protects arms that would be used in a militia, not the weapons of a formal army. Its clear that “M-16 rifles and the like” have no Second Amendment protection and may be banned.

There is thus no constitutional protection whatsoever for the semiautomatic rifle

The Second Amendment is a relic :71: of the founding era more than two centuries ago. Its purpose is long past...the amendment should not block the ability of society to keep itself safe through gun control legislation. That was never its intent.

This amendment was about militias in the 1790s, and the fear of the anti-federalists of a federal army. Since that issue is long moot, we need not be governed in our national life by doctrines on now-extinct militias from the 18th century.

More basically, the idea that unregulated private gun ownership and trade protects us against tyranny, or that gun controls would threaten tyranny to us all, is baseless. Democracies around the world regulate guns, preserve their freedoms, and achieve firearm murder rates that are a tiny fraction of the rates suffered in the United States. Other countries, like Australia, have made themselves much safer from gun massacres. Only the U.S. has a political class, on the take from gun manufacturers owned by Wall Street, that stands by while the nation’s children are slaughtered. Yet perhaps the stench is getting even too great for some on Wall Street.

wake from the trap of ancient history and the gun-manufacturers.

Totally incorrect in every way.
The 2nd Amendment is about HUMAN NATURE and giving ordinary people the means to defend against tyrants and bad people who grab power.

However, being totally against human rights and all for oppression, you are clueless.
Go find a dictators boots to lick imbecile.

China JUST got a brand new dictator.
Russia recently got a new Dictator.
Venezuela got a Dictator...and with the help of morons like you that list will grow.

Yet you see absolutely no need for people in modern times to be able to defend themselves in stark contrast to people who actually dealt with government tyrants and are FAR more wise than you could ever hope to be.
If your post isn't evidence of stupidity, nothing is.

Liberty and Freedom NEVER are extinct issues as you want others to believe.
Wrong.

There's nothing in the text, history, or case law of the Second Amendment that authorizes the overthrow of a lawfully elected government through force of arms because a minority of citizens incorrectly perceive the government to have become 'tyrannical.'

the Second Amendment is about an archaic issue relevant to 1790. The Second Amendment reads as follows:

“A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”

The purpose of the Second Amendment was to prevent the new Federal Government established in 1789 from disarming the state militias and replacing them with a Federal standing army. It was a concern that was relevant perhaps for a few years around the birth of the country. It is irrelevant today. Americans do not rely on state militias in 2012 for our freedom from the federal government.

... only protects arms that would be used in a militia, not the weapons of a formal army. Its clear that “M-16 rifles and the like” have no Second Amendment protection and may be banned.

There is thus no constitutional protection whatsoever for the semiautomatic rifle

The Second Amendment is a relic :71: of the founding era more than two centuries ago. Its purpose is long past...the amendment should not block the ability of society to keep itself safe through gun control legislation. That was never its intent.

This amendment was about militias in the 1790s, and the fear of the anti-federalists of a federal army. Since that issue is long moot, we need not be governed in our national life by doctrines on now-extinct militias from the 18th century.

More basically, the idea that unregulated private gun ownership and trade protects us against tyranny, or that gun controls would threaten tyranny to us all, is baseless. Democracies around the world regulate guns, preserve their freedoms, and achieve firearm murder rates that are a tiny fraction of the rates suffered in the United States. Other countries, like Australia, have made themselves much safer from gun massacres. Only the U.S. has a political class, on the take from gun manufacturers owned by Wall Street, that stands by while the nation’s children are slaughtered. Yet perhaps the stench is getting even too great for some on Wall Street.

The 2nd Amendment is about HUMAN NATURE and giving ordinary people the means to defend against tyrants and bad people who grab power.

However, being totally against human rights and all for oppression, you are clueless.

Venezuela got a Dictator...and with the help of morons like you that list will grow.

Yet you see absolutely no need for people in modern times to be able to defend themselves in stark contrast to people who actually dealt with government tyrants and are FAR more wise than you could ever hope to be.

Yes, I live in a family of gun owners...so for the umpteenth time no one is taking "fweedom" away. I know of no one who wants to disarm all Americans OR let the gov do it.
Everything doesnt have to be a right wrong, black and white issue.
...but what can you expect from people who have always resort to the lefty righty bs and live by fear.

The fact of the matter is that there are certain cities in America that have gang problems and therefore have a consistently high level of violence and murder. If you were to deduct the homicides related to gang related murders, it would bring our levels to a more comparable level with other countries. Other countries don't seem to have the same kind of gang violence and homicides like the US does. I watch a show called The First 48, which a reality crime show about how detectives must try and solve a homicide within the first 48 hours or else it starts to grow cold. The vast majority of the homicides on that show are related to gang violence, and there are new ones all the time. Sad really, but I don't blame my rights for the actions of criminal elements in our society. They would be criminals with or without rights.

Yes, I live in a family of gun owners...so for the umpteenth time no one is taking "fweedom" away. I know of no one who wants to disarm all Americans OR let the gov do it.
...but what can you expect from people who have always resort to the lefty righty bs and live by fear.

What is "fweedom?" The leftists are incrementally trying to ban guns and the 2nd amendment. They can deny it all day long, but everyone knows the truth. Calling the NRA and it's donors "terrorists" etc. It's all part of their plans to disarm Americans and make the 2nd amendment null and void. Never trust a leftist.

All leftists make these same claims. Everyone knows they are bogus. :D

When is a militia going to attack Congress and the White House, I will put it on my calendar.

You are a complacent sheep who feels safe within your flock. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

No I just prefer to live in reality.

A reality where your government cares about you and nurtures and loves you? :D Too funny. Read some history books.

Just what the hell are you going to do. I sure hope you don't end up in prison.

There are many armed citizens and military members (who vowed to protect our CONSTITUTION and not our government) who would willingly fight for their rights. Don't fool yourself into thinking that the majority of us are sheep like yourself.
It has been suggested in previous posts that the armed citizens that so passionately hold to the second amendment indeed exercise their 'right' and patrol areas thought possible targets of 'bad guys with guns'. Where are they?

You are a complacent sheep who feels safe within your flock. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

No I just prefer to live in reality.

A reality where your government cares about you and nurtures and loves you? :D Too funny. Read some history books.

Just what the hell are you going to do. I sure hope you don't end up in prison.

There are many armed citizens and military members (who vowed to protect our CONSTITUTION and not our government) who would willingly fight for their rights. Don't fool yourself into thinking that the majority of us are sheep like yourself.
It has been suggested in previous posts that the armed citizens that so passionately hold to the second amendment indeed exercise their 'right' and patrol areas thought possible targets of 'bad guys with guns'. Where are they?

I don't have a responsibility to patrol any areas for bad guys. I do however have the RIGHT to defend myself and my home using a firearm of my choice.

You want to roll over and not defend yourself and leave that up to the government and the cops. That is fine with me. You do what you have to do, just don't try to get in my way. That is where you will have a fight on your hands.

What is "fweedom?" The leftists are incrementally trying to ban guns and the 2nd amendment. They can deny it all day long, but everyone knows the truth. Calling the NRA and it's donors "terrorists" etc. It's all part of their plans to disarm Americans and make the 2nd amendment null and void. Never trust a leftist.

You're every bit as wacko as the extreme leftist. (extremists are frauds who live in fear and they cry "fweedom" without doing anything constructive)
So much for your claim of being a centrist huh? lol

People don't even go out to vote and change the House of Representatives. How can we be expected to believe they would go out in the winter to confront an army of trained, fit young soldiers? That is an evident fantasy. The freedom to own some sort of effective firearm for simple self/home defense is one thing (I liked having my .357 around). That is not synonymous with anyone owning anything, anywhere, anytime. Of course there will be restrictions. The intransigence of firearms radicals is making the whole situation intolerable for all of us who just want the freedom.

You're every bit as wacko as the extreme leftist. (extremists are frauds who live in fear and they cry "fweedom" without doing anything constructive)
So much for your claim of being a centrist huh? lol

Fweedom again, eh? And then the post where you are talking about a plane? I don't think you are in a position to be calling anyone else any names. :D

How does me being a strong 2nd amendment pro gun supporter make me NOT a centrist? I'll bet you don't know what a centrist is. :D

Forum List

Back