Study:MSNBC Coverage Almost Entirely Opinionated, Fox News Has More Factual Reporting

If you get drunk and watch Hannity, it makes a lot of sense.

Also - http://www.usmessageboard.com/media/284393-pew-fox-news-mostly-opinion.html

Hahaha, c'mon. I'm not stupid. You cited the same chart I just posted. It says 55/45 for Fox News on opinion vs. fact.

The other thing is, opinion news isn't bad. In fact, I like opinion news better because it involves debate and discussion and gets you to think about the issues. However, the majority of Americans who are moderate or on the Left tend to believe the lie that Fox News is THE station that is biased and opinionated while MSNBC/CNN get a pass as objective, unbiased news with little opinion.

Fox has a good balance of opinion and factual reporting. However, I would note that Fox tends to always have a Leftist defend the other side on all the shows whereas MSNBC just gets to rant and rail against the Right unchallenged. MSNBC has one Conservative, S.E. Cupp and they never let her speak, she's just drowned out by the other 4 numbskulls on The Cycle. Fox News has lots of Liberal contributors, Juan Williams, Kyrsten Powers, Darrel Williams, Dennis Kucinich, etc. plus all the large number of guests from the Left.

MSNBC has a 3 hour morning show hosted by a conservative. Which show on Fox would offset that? Where are the 3 hours of programming hosted by a liberal on Fox?

"Morning Joe" is admittedly hosted by a semi-Republican, but his guests, as well as his co-host are pretty much all hard-core liberals.

This so-called "conservative" morning show is offset on FOX by the fact - unknown to MSNBC - that all FOX opinion shows have at least one dissenting opinion, sometimes more, while MSNBC shows are nonstop hate fests, where a conservative voice is not tolerated.

Last edited:
Kill your TVs.

Watching TV NEWS is like giving yourself an inter-cranial drip of toxic misinformation.

So according to the OP, the best source of cable news, among the big three, is CNN.

So watch CNN and quit complaining.

CNN is operated by the CIA idiot. They've been caught putting out fake news. I'd rather watch a Bill O'Reilly rant over CIA psych warfare programming.

:cuckoo:

You didn't know CNN is controlled by the CIA? C'mon. Anderson Cooper used to work for the CIA. He's also been caught reporting fake stories.

"CNN'S CIA Connection: New 'Tailwind' Controversy" by Wolper, Allan - Editor & Publisher, Vol. 131, Issue 30, July 25, 1998 | Questia, Your Online Research Library

Hahaha, c'mon. I'm not stupid. You cited the same chart I just posted. It says 55/45 for Fox News on opinion vs. fact.

The other thing is, opinion news isn't bad. In fact, I like opinion news better because it involves debate and discussion and gets you to think about the issues. However, the majority of Americans who are moderate or on the Left tend to believe the lie that Fox News is THE station that is biased and opinionated while MSNBC/CNN get a pass as objective, unbiased news with little opinion.

Fox has a good balance of opinion and factual reporting. However, I would note that Fox tends to always have a Leftist defend the other side on all the shows whereas MSNBC just gets to rant and rail against the Right unchallenged. MSNBC has one Conservative, S.E. Cupp and they never let her speak, she's just drowned out by the other 4 numbskulls on The Cycle. Fox News has lots of Liberal contributors, Juan Williams, Kyrsten Powers, Darrel Williams, Dennis Kucinich, etc. plus all the large number of guests from the Left.

MSNBC has a 3 hour morning show hosted by a conservative. Which show on Fox would offset that? Where are the 3 hours of programming hosted by a liberal on Fox?

"Morning Joe" is admittedly hosted by a semi-Republican, but his guests, as well as his co-host are pretty much all hard-core liberals.

This so-called "conservative" morning show is offset on FOX by the fact - unknown to MSNBC - that all FOX opinion shows have at least one dissenting opinion, sometimes more, while MSNBC shows are nonstop hate fests, where a conservative voice is not tolerated.

Again, the difference is between Propaganda and Op-Ed. I suggest you hold your nose and open your mind and watch Rachel Maddow for a couple of weeks. Therein is a perfect example of journalistic Op-Ed which encourages opposing views for debate. BTW, listen and watch Hannity and comport his 'reporting' with that of Ms. Maddow.

Last edited:
"True to its motto, MSNBC has been leaning forward. To the point that its opinionated programming far outweighs its “factual reporting,” according to a new Pew study. While Fox News, too, had more opinionated programming, the network had a much smaller discrepancy between opinion and straight reporting.

The study — which came as part of Pew Research Center’s annual “State of the Media” report — states that opinionated programming comprised 85 percent of MSNBC’s airtime (versus 15 percent of “factual reporting”). Meanwhile, Fox News had opinion 55 percent of the time, with 45 percent straight news."

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbc-co...s-includes-more-factual-reporting-study-says/

1-On-MSNBC-Opinion-Dominates-Reporting.png

PicMonkey-Collage12.jpg

That's because MSNBC studied Fox's business model which is successful and adopted it. Neither is "news."

hahaha, c'mon. I'm not stupid. You cited the same chart i just posted. It says 55/45 for fox news on opinion vs. Fact.

The other thing is, opinion news isn't bad. In fact, i like opinion news better because it involves debate and discussion and gets you to think about the issues. However, the majority of americans who are moderate or on the left tend to believe the lie that fox news is the station that is biased and opinionated while msnbc/cnn get a pass as objective, unbiased news with little opinion.

Fox has a good balance of opinion and factual reporting. However, i would note that fox tends to always have a leftist defend the other side on all the shows whereas msnbc just gets to rant and rail against the right unchallenged. Msnbc has one conservative, s.e. Cupp and they never let her speak, she's just drowned out by the other 4 numbskulls on the cycle. Fox news has lots of liberal contributors, juan williams, kyrsten powers, darrel williams, dennis kucinich, etc. Plus all the large number of guests from the left.

msnbc has a 3 hour morning show hosted by a conservative. Which show on fox would offset that? Where are the 3 hours of programming hosted by a liberal on fox?

"morning joe" is admittedly hosted by a semi-republican, but his guests, as well as his co-host are pretty much all hard-core liberals.

This so-called "conservative" morning show is offset on fox by the fact - unknown to msnbc - that all fox opinion shows have at least one dissenting opinion, sometimes more, while msnbc shows are nonstop hate fests, where a conservative voice is not tolerated.

bs.

Madow is one great political reporter

So you are one of her 9 viewers....

She actually wins her time slot.

No she doesn't. She wins ONE demographic. But overall viewers she gets stomped.

http://www.mediaite.com/tag/ratings/

p.m. ET hour, MSNBC’sRachel Maddowdefeated her Fox News competitor*Sean Hannity*in the key 25-54 demo. Maddow’s 267k demo viewership was enough to beat out Hannity’s 253k and CNN’s Piers Morgan’s 146k. In total viewership, however, Hannity’s 2.04M total more than doubled Maddow’s 918M.

So you are one of her 9 viewers....

p.m. ET hour, MSNBC’sRachel Maddowdefeated her Fox News competitor*Sean Hannity*in the key 25-54 demo. Maddow’s 267k demo viewership was enough to beat out Hannity’s 253k and CNN’s Piers Morgan’s 146k. In total viewership, however, Hannity’s 2.04M total more than doubled Maddow’s 918M.

If that's true, then what does it say about the intellectual stupidity of the average viewer. Anyone viewing Fox News is guilty of drinking the kool-aid, and not being able to think nor rationalize for themselves. Everything is hate President Obama, hate Democrats and liberals and hate minorities. Fortunately they only represent the 47 percent that didn't vote for Obama, and therefore, irrelevant.

Also from the same article....

After*winning the November 2012 sweeps period*for the first time in nine years, NBC is back down and ratings are lower than ever. Deadline is*reporting*that NBC is currently projected to come in fifth place among the coveted 18-49 demo during this month’s sweeps for the first time, even lower than Spanish-language network Univision.

If that's true, then what does it say about the intellectual stupidity of the average viewer. Anyone viewing Fox News is guilty of drinking the kool-aid, and not being able to think nor rationalize for themselves. Everything is hate President Obama, hate Democrats and liberals and hate minorities. Fortunately they only represent the 47 percent that didn't vote for Obama, and therefore, irrelevant.

Actually all it says is she is more popular with the hipsters. No surprise there as she has a very clever style.

But you are free to keep "HACKING" away at straws

Both MSNBC and Fox are extremely biased. They both just project their bias in different ways. MSNBC is more obvious. They will have two liberal guests arguing over how terrible Republicans are. Fox tries to be sneakier about it. They have the slogan "Fair and Balanced". Then they will pair a weak liberal like Alan Colmes with a strong conservative like Sean Hannity, and say they offer a differing viewpoint. I have always preferred CNN. I know a majority of their programming is more "infotainment" like the other two, but they seem to be making a legitimate attempt at capturing the more moderate crowd. What they didn't expect is that people like the echo chamber MSNBC and Fox offer them, and that is why CNN is consistently last in the ratings.

Forum List

Back