🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Susan Collins may be forced to vote No on Brett Kavanagh

Susan Collins is getting HEAVY pressure right now in her home state of Maine to vote against Brett Kavanagh. She is up for election in 2020. If the pressure is enough, I don't think she will risk her future career for Brett Kavanagh.

I don't think the FBI will find anything more than what is known. But Susan Collins is a Republican in a firmly BLUE STATE. On a divisive issue like this, she is not going to risk her career with a yes vote. Too much is at stake for her.

So the Senate vote will be 51 to 49 against Brett Kavanagh. It will be a sad day for the country and a sad day for the presumption of innocence. I'm sorry that this terrible injustice happened to Brett Kavanagh and his family.
They need to make The FBI report PUBLIC, so there is NO COVER for these Morons to vote NO.

He is an innocent man and got the Clarence Thomas, Bork, Herman Caine, Judge Moore treatment.

Someone has to stop this nonsense eventually. No Man is safe from these kinds of attacks, and this increasingly seems to be The Left's favorite play in their Black Evil Playbook from Hell.

If Susan Collins votes no she will become a GOP outcast.

She is representing her constituents
They will be the ones voting for her

Her role here isn't to "represent her constituents." Her role here isn't to do what's best for her career. Being a Senator isn't supposed to be a career anyway. Her job here is to vote up or down on the absolute qualifications of a candidate whether her "constituents" like him or not based on the facts and evidence presented. And as a Repub, they ought to EXPECT her to vote for him. So far, he was an inch away from being confirmed to the SC based on a lifetime of outstanding, impeccable service, then some woman out of his childhood came along with this wild story that the guy grabbed her pussy at a party when she was a kid, that no one can corroborate, she was too young to be at, had no way to get there, forgets half the details, never reported, was drunk out of her skull, apparently has a history of mental issues, and now we are supposed to just dump this guy's life and career into the can?

I think NOT.
She is representing her constituents in the decision
If she disapproves of his background or she feels he was deceptive she should vote him down

I think her constituents are pretty split on this. If the abortion issue is the main factor, Maine is Pro-Choice, but if he doesn't get in, another Pro-Choice justice will be nominated, so what's the sense?
Is Maine pro -rape?
1) He didn't rape her and it's the goddamndest attempt at a rape I ever heard. So scratch that one.

That was insulting.

Susan Collins is getting HEAVY pressure right now in her home state of Maine to vote against Brett Kavanagh. She is up for election in 2020. If the pressure is enough, I don't think she will risk her future career for Brett Kavanagh.

I don't think the FBI will find anything more than what is known. But Susan Collins is a Republican in a firmly BLUE STATE. On a divisive issue like this, she is not going to risk her career with a yes vote. Too much is at stake for her.

So the Senate vote will be 51 to 49 against Brett Kavanagh. It will be a sad day for the country and a sad day for the presumption of innocence. I'm sorry that this terrible injustice happened to Brett Kavanagh and his family.
They need to make The FBI report PUBLIC, so there is NO COVER for these Morons to vote NO.

He is an innocent man and got the Clarence Thomas, Bork, Herman Caine, Judge Moore treatment.

Someone has to stop this nonsense eventually. No Man is safe from these kinds of attacks, and this increasingly seems to be The Left's favorite play in their Black Evil Playbook from Hell.
I give it 24 hours to be leaked.

If her state is blue, why does she keep getting re-elected. Oh, and she isn't up for re-election till 2020. That's a long time from now.
We aren't a BLUE state. We've had Paul LePage for 8 years. Ever heard of him? We elect Republican senators most of the time. Just because we have somehow managed to elect Democratic presidents seven times in a row doesn't make us blue by a long shot. We are lousy with conservatives up here.

Maine was considered apart of the BLUE WALL that held from 1992 through 2012 in voting only for Democrats for President. That Wall got cracked a bit in 2016 when Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and one congressional district in Maine went for Trump by small margins. But it does appear from other evidence that it is more Purple than Blue. Susan Collins has more wiggle room than I thought.

But, Susan Collins just announced that she wanted Julie Swetnick's allegations to be investigated. Julie Swetnick is two years older than Bett Kavanaugh and was 3 years ahead of him in High School. She claims that she went to 10 different parties where Gang Rapes occurred one of which she was gang raped at. She claims she saw Brett Kavanaugh at these parties. These are very outlandish claims from a women who claims she was going to High School parties where there were children while she was a LEGAL ADULT. Julie Swetnick might need to be investigated, but not her claims about Brett Kavanaugh.

I don't think its a good sign that Collins once Swetnick allegations investigated in terms of her voting for Brett Kavanaugh.

Is the United States an ATHEIST NATION? No. More than 90% of people believe in some form of the supernatural in the United States. You have more in common in a country where most people attack religion and do not believe in GOD than you do in one that does.

This is not a normal job interview so don't even begin to compare it to that. An allegation of a crime as been made and this is full view of the entire WORLD. Most job interviews are done in private. This is a nomination to the supreme court and has everything to do with reputation, politics, public opinion, and many other factors that have NOTHING to do with your stereotypical job interview.

Wait a minute, you are arguing that his crazy angry drunk routine wasn't disqualifying because it was done in public? Really?

If this was just a job interview, it would be in private. Because it is in public for the whole world to see, the analogy does not work. There are huge consequences for any candidate that is forced to deal with unsubstantiated allegations in the most public of settings. For the candidate, it is a trial with the entire world passing judgement in some sense.

Kevanaugh acted about as well as anyone would when suddenly accused of such things in the most public of settings as well as the fact that the Democrats set this up and planned in terms of delaying the release of the allegations.
We the people are doing the interview

Still not the same. You don't get death threats when you do a job interview. Nor is your name and reputation destroyed from a job interview. That is what happens in court.

If her state is blue, why does she keep getting re-elected. Oh, and she isn't up for re-election till 2020. That's a long time from now.
We aren't a BLUE state. We've had Paul LePage for 8 years. Ever heard of him? We elect Republican senators most of the time. Just because we have somehow managed to elect Democratic presidents seven times in a row doesn't make us blue by a long shot. We are lousy with conservatives up here.

Maine was considered apart of the BLUE WALL that held from 1992 through 2012 in voting only for Democrats for President. That Wall got cracked a bit in 2016 when Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and one congressional district in Maine went for Trump by small margins. But it does appear from other evidence that it is more Purple than Blue. Susan Collins has more wiggle room than I thought.

But, Susan Collins just announced that she wanted Julie Swetnick's allegations to be investigated. Julie Swetnick is two years older than Bett Kavanaugh and was 3 years ahead of him in High School. She claims that she went to 10 different parties where Gang Rapes occurred one of which she was gang raped at. She claims she saw Brett Kavanaugh at these parties. These are very outlandish claims from a women who claims she was going to High School parties where there were children while she was a LEGAL ADULT. Julie Swetnick might need to be investigated, but not her claims about Brett Kavanaugh.

I don't think its a good sign that Collins once Swetnick allegations investigated in terms of her voting for Brett Kavanaugh.
"10 different parties where Gang Rapes occurred one of which she was gang raped at"!!!! Why did she keep attending parties in which she believed gang rapes were taking place? Was she hoping to be chosen as a rape victim or is she just another crazy political pawn like Ford?

I think her constituents are pretty split on this. If the abortion issue is the main factor, Maine is Pro-Choice, but if he doesn't get in, another Pro-Choice justice will be nominated, so what's the sense?
Is Maine pro -rape?

Is Maine pro -rape?

I hope Maine and Susan Collins are for the Presumption of Innocence, one of the most sacred values and principles America was founded on.

LOL..

Her constituents want Kavanaugh.... what are you folks smoking?
No, what you YOU smoking?

Sen. Collins walks political tightrope with decision on Kavanaugh confirmation

The poll found that 41 percent of voters in Maine think Kavanaugh should be confirmed and 54 percent think he should be rejected.

That's not good news for Kavanaugh. I would say he would be a shoe in if it was within the margin of error at least. Is it more likely that a Democrat in a red state would vote for Kavanaugh than Susan Collins? Like West Virginia.

Is Maine pro -rape?

Is Maine pro -rape?

I hope Maine and Susan Collins are for the Presumption of Innocence, one of the most sacred values and principles America was founded on.
My feeling is that this is about abortion rights, plain and simple. Collins was poised to vote yes before the accusations. I will be interested to know if that has changed due to either the information in the investigation or what she heard at the hearing.

Collins already voted to save Obamacare

Can’t be more outcast than that

One need not believe anything at all about decades' old unsubstantiated charges to still oppose Kavanaugh. His positions can easily justify a person to prefer another judge. Bork, for example, was a perfect example of an unacceptable jurist due to his conduct under Nixon.

Is Maine pro -rape?

Is Maine pro -rape?

My feeling is that this is about abortion rights, plain and simple. Collins was poised to vote yes before the accusations. I will be interested to know if that has changed due to either the information in the investigation or what she heard at the hearing.
It's even bigger than abortion rights, it's about states rights. Why should the federal government decide whether abortion is legal and not the state governments? If the federal government decides the legality of abortion, which is considered murder is some states, why shouldn't the federal government decide all criminal legal issues instead of the states? Roe v. Wade is a political decision; the legal argument it makes is laughable: it asserts the right to privacy despite the fact it is nowhere asserted in the Constitution and asserts the fetus has no rights because those rights are not specifically stated in the Constitution.

If Roe v. Wade were overturned, it would return the issue to the states and some states would support abortion and some others would deny it, just as some states allow capital punishment and others don't.

where does she get her money for election cycles from? hmmmmm she says no, pull all cash.

Forum List

Back