Taking Trump Off the Ballot Isn't Going to Work

Is that because Trumpistas have always been kind and loving kumbaya types? :rolleyes-41:
Man, you guy's are really scraping the bottom of the barrel of insults today..."Trumpistas"? What a joke.... :rolleyes: And look at you all proud of yourself using such a stale argument line....

We have long allowed you progs to run roughshod thinking we were taking the high road so to speak...No more...Now, it's time to use your own tactics against you, and people like you can't stand it....

No, but we should ignore dems attempts at bastardizing it....

What does the Constitution say?

Tell me this. According to you we should leave Trump on the ballot. Ok. So we do, and he’ll be even wins the election. Then the Supreme Court rules that he is in violation of the 14th Amendment and can’t be President. Congress can’t get the 2/3 Majority to remove the disability. The Vice President is sworn in as President. And the office of Vice is empty until one can be named and confirmed.

Does that sound like a fun time? Because that is the alternate method that Trump is prevented from assuming office under the 14th isn’t it?

What does the Constitution say?

Tell me this. According to you we should leave Trump on the ballot. Ok. So we do, and he’ll be even wins the election. Then the Supreme Court rules that he is in violation of the 14th Amendment and can’t be President. Congress can’t get the 2/3 Majority to remove the disability. The Vice President is sworn in as President. And the office of Vice is empty until one can be named and confirmed.

Does that sound like a fun time? Because that is the alternate method that Trump is prevented from assuming office under the 14th isn’t it?
Oh, I see…You’re so scared of Trump winning, that you’re twisting the meaning, and intent of the Constitution now to rig the election…

Oh, I see…You’re so scared of Trump winning, that you’re twisting the meaning, and intent of the Constitution now to rig the election…

No. I’m saying that according to the Constitution Trump is ineligible to serve again.

This is what it says.

Section 3​

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Plain text. That is what it says. By that Trump is ineligible. He swore an oath to Support the Constitution when he became President. Then he betrayed that oath by trying to overturn the results of the election and encouraging his minions to attack Congress.

Now. The Supremes have to decide the following questions. 1) Was it an insurrection? 2) Did Trump participate in the Insurrection? 3) Does that make him ineligible under the 14th Amendment?

Wouldn’t you rather have those questions settled now? Instead of late in December if Trump wins? Because if the answer to those three questions is yes, Trump can’t be President unless 2/3 of the Congress votes to allow him to assume the office.

No. I’m saying that according to the Constitution Trump is ineligible to serve again.

This is what it says.

Section 3

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Plain text. That is what it says. By that Trump is ineligible. He swore an oath to Support the Constitution when he became President. Then he betrayed that oath by trying to overturn the results of the election and encouraging his minions to attack Congress.

Now. The Supremes have to decide the following questions. 1) Was it an insurrection? 2) Did Trump participate in the Insurrection? 3) Does that make him ineligible under the 14th Amendment?

Wouldn’t you rather have those questions settled now? Instead of late in December if Trump wins? Because if the answer to those three questions is yes, Trump can’t be President unless 2/3 of the Congress votes to allow him to assume the office.
Ok, easy…show a conviction for US Code 2383….I’ll wait.

People can write in Trump's name and will.

Also, it's against the notion of free and fair elections to take a candidate off the ballot. Do Democrats realize that?

Would you Democrats think it a good idea to take Biden off the ballot?
Yes anybody can write in trumps name so the BS about your right to vote being taken away is a moot point.

It’s not against the notion of free and fair elections if Trump is taken off for violating the constitution. It’s actually law and order.

If Biden has been found to have violated the 14th amendment then take him off.

I personally don’t like either candidate but it’s not about who I like and don’t like.

If one of Trump's asseating lackeys like DeSantis or Haley wins they'll pardon that criminal lowlife anyway.

But they can't wipe his ass for him in N.Y. & Georgia.

RICO charges and property assessments.
Aaaaaahhahahahahahhaahhahahahahhaahahahhaahahhaahhahahhaahaaaaas!

Yes anybody can write in trumps name so the BS about your right to vote being taken away is a moot point.

It’s not against the notion of free and fair elections if Trump is taken off for violating the constitution. It’s actually law and order.

If Biden has been found to have violated the 14th amendment then take him off.

I personally don’t like either candidate but it’s not about who I like and don’t like.
The manner of how you progs are trying to skew the election will come back to bite you....Why is it that y'all can't see that?

It was filed right after the lawsuit Trump filed to keep Obama off the ballot
Show me where I claimed Trump filed a lawsuit to keep Obama off the ballot.

I said Republicans did so. Thats a fact.

It also doesn’t say that you just get to say he did either…look, I get it…you installed a huge mistake in 2020, now he won’t bow out, and you left the door open for Trump…

It was written at a time when the idea of service was a privilege. Not a right. An honor.

That’s why I wrote that the Supremes will have to decide. The question for you. Do you want them to decide now or later?

The manner of how you progs are trying to skew the election will come back to bite you....Why is it that y'all can't see that?
Are you saying that Trump did not violate the 14th amendment? Can you make a case to back up that argument?

It was written at a time when the idea of service was a privilege. Not a right. An honor.

That’s why I wrote that the Supremes will have to decide. The question for you. Do you want them to decide now or later?
SCOTUS will decide...Until then you have nothing....

Are you saying that Trump did not violate the 14th amendment? Can you make a case to back up that argument?
The notion that banning certain candidates from office is necessary to protect the country from unpopular ideas seems misguided. And wielding Section 3 of the 14th Amendment against political opponents seems certain to worsen the dangerous "will-to-power" politics infecting both major political parties at the moment.

The notion that banning certain candidates from office is necessary to protect the country from unpopular ideas seems misguided. And wielding Section 3 of the 14th Amendment against political opponents seems certain to worsen the dangerous "will-to-power" politics infecting both major political parties at the moment.

Not unpopular ideas. Dishonorable actions which violate the oath.

Forum List

Back