Taking Trump Off the Ballot Isn't Going to Work

What will taking Trump off the ballot in a blue state accomplish?

What will taking Biden off the ballot in a red state accomplish?

They would be taken off the ballot in states they wouldn't win anyway.

It doesn't matter what I think of it...What you had better worry about is how this is effecting the minds of the average American voter out there...You know the ones you look down your nose at, and dismiss daily in here?
Ok point taken… fact, reality and our constitutional legal process isn’t everything. Public perception is not always in sync with those. And Trump has done a great job manipulating that. I’ll give him that.

But beyond the public perception of his supporters…. There is a constitution and there is a legal process. So I’m asking you how under that process a state is supposed to verify that an official has violated the constitution in a way that disqualifies them from being in a ballot for a future election.

You claim the current process is unjust. So tell us how it should be done

So, you're relying on the "just because we say so" clause...?

No. The Courts in Colorado held a trial. They determined it was 1) An Insurrection. 2) Trump participated and was active in it. 3) Trump was ineligible to be on the ballot because Trump was ineligible to be President under the 14th Amendment.

Look. All of your objections and complaints were addressed. Either in the text of the Constitution. Or in the Colorado Supreme Court decision.

In that long document. They put their reasons, with the foundations for those reasons, to every question and argument.

But for some reason the Trump Fanboys don’t want to read it. They demand to be spoon fed every tiny morsel of the decision like a baby throwing a tantrum at mealtime. Open up. Here comes the airplane to the hanger. Yummy. Then they spit out the info like it is strained carrots.

Look. Take twenty minutes. Read it. Even Cato, which could never be considered Leftists, says it is well reasoned and argued Judicially speaking. They don’t call on anything except the Supreme Court of the US to produce a similarly well reasoned judicial decision.

Ok point taken… fact, reality and our constitutional legal process isn’t everything. Public perception is not always in sync with those. And Trump has done a great job manipulating that. I’ll give him that.

But beyond the public perception of his supporters…. There is a constitution and there is a legal process. So I’m asking you how under that process a state is supposed to verify that an official has violated the constitution in a way that disqualifies them from being in a ballot for a future election.

You claim the current process is unjust. So tell us how it should be done
Well, in order to do that, I'd have to be an expert on the entirety of the different laws in all of the states...I've never claimed that...But, I do know that Colorado has now admitted that Trump will remain on the ballot, and Michigan said that he will remain on the ballot....

I do know that for the last decade you libs have tied yourself into knots arguing that Republicans were disenfranchising the vote of blacks, and poor people, all because we wanted to make sure that those voting were who they say they are...Yet, here you, and others are jumping on that disenfranchisement band wagon when you think it will benefit you in the up coming election....sick.

No. The Courts in Colorado held a trial. They determined it was 1) An Insurrection. 2) Trump participated and was active in it. 3) Trump was ineligible to be on the ballot because Trump was ineligible to be President under the 14th Amendment.

Look. All of your objections and complaints were addressed. Either in the text of the Constitution. Or in the Colorado Supreme Court decision.

In that long document. They put their reasons, with the foundations for those reasons, to every question and argument.

But for some reason the Trump Fanboys don’t want to read it. They demand to be spoon fed every tiny morsel of the decision like a baby throwing a tantrum at mealtime. Open up. Here comes the airplane to the hanger. Yummy. Then they spit out the info like it is strained carrots.

Look. Take twenty minutes. Read it. Even Cato, which could never be considered Leftists, says it is well reasoned and argued Judicially speaking. They don’t call on anything except the Supreme Court of the US to produce a similarly well reasoned judicial decision.

So, why'd they cave and admit that he will be on the ballot?

So, why'd they cave and admit that he will be on the ballot?

The Colorado Supreme Court issued a Stay pending the appeal.

You have got to stop getting your news from Twitter.

The Stay places the decision on hold to give the Colorado Republican Party an opportunity to file the appeal. Dude. Seriously.

I’m sure Civil War veterans would beg to differ.
Those seceding from the United States did not seek to overthrow the government which is what insurrection is. They sought to separate themselves from a bad government, just as the revolutionaries of 1776 did, so that they could be in charge of their own destiny.

Those protesting, even the relatively few rioters on J6, were not seeking to overthrow the government. They were seeking redress of grievances they deeply believed existed. That it got out of hand is always a risk with any protest, but overtaking and replacing the government was never anybody's intention.

People can write in Trump's name and will.

Also, it's against the notion of free and fair elections to take a candidate off the ballot. Do Democrats realize that?

Would you Democrats think it a good idea to take Biden off the ballot?
His name will be on every ballot.

If Trump is legally removed from the ballot due to his ineligibility then no matter if 222 million people write his name in, he won't win.

Might as well write in Greta Thunberg, it'll have the same result.
Tell us again how democrats love democracy. It's such a fascinating story.

I would point out that Dem Shenna Bellows has ZERO legal experience. Not a lawyer, in no way qualified to interpret the U.S. Constitution yet after meeting with Biden she removes Trump from the ballot. :eusa_think:

The Colorado Supreme Court issued a Stay pending the appeal.

You have got to stop getting your news from Twitter.

The Stay places the decision on hold to give the Colorado Republican Party an opportunity to file the appeal. Dude. Seriously.
Which means that ballots will be printed with Trump's name listed on them....Face it man, this latest ploy to keep Trump from running, isn't working....

Which means that ballots will be printed with Trump's name listed on them....Face it man, this latest ploy to keep Trump from running, isn't working....
Correct. Trump is still on the Colorado ballot unless the US Supreme Court agrees with the four idiots on the Colorado Supreme Court.

Correct. Trump is still on the Colorado ballot unless the US Supreme Court agrees with the four idiots on the Colorado Supreme Court.
Colorado's deadline to print is Jan 5. SCOTUS has said they will hear the case in March....So, I guess the progs latest election rigging has failed again.....

Forum List

Back