Taking Trump Off the Ballot Isn't Going to Work

The notion that banning certain candidates from office is necessary to protect the country from unpopular ideas seems misguided. And wielding Section 3 of the 14th Amendment against political opponents seems certain to worsen the dangerous "will-to-power" politics infecting both major political parties at the moment.
If there’s legal justification and evidence to wield it then shouldn’t it be wielded? Or should we just allow the constitution to be violated by elected leaders?

If there’s legal justification and evidence to wield it then shouldn’t it be wielded? Or should we just allow the constitution to be violated by elected leaders?
You first have to PROVE that Trump violated the Constitution....You haven't done that...

?? According to the left..a trial isn’t needed
He is going to be put on trial for a criminal conviction, the current hub-bub is over his ethics violations of the oath he took for office to take him off the ballot, which is legal and has been done before. This is like the twentieth time I have explained this.

Indeed, depends on how their Constitution is written.

Yeah, so basically, since cotus is up to interpretation and states can act unilaterally to disqualify candidates, we can just have every state reject any candidate we don’t like.

Congratulations, you have no just subverted the will of the people, and state officials and court can determine presidents! Woohoo!

He is going to be put on trial for a criminal conviction, the current hub-bub is over his ethics violations of the oath he took for office to take him off the ballot, which is legal and has been done before. This is like the twentieth time I have explained this.

And..what does that have to do with what I said. Im merely just restating that the left doesn’t believe a trial and conviction of insurrection is necesssary, all that is required is that someone “say” they committed insurrection, and they are automatically guilty.

And..what does that have to do with what I said. Im merely just restating that the left doesn’t believe a trial and conviction of insurrection is necesssary, all that is required is that someone “say” they committed insurrection, and they are automatically guilty.
It isn't "the left", why you have that summation is most illogical, you should educate yourself with precedent in the matter.

SCOTUS will let you know soon enough. But, I know that it isn't just your declaration....
Correct, scotus will be the ultimate decider. But the constitutional and legal process to remove somebody from a ballot via the 14th amended is what in your eyes?. How should our states go about it?

Correct, scotus will be the ultimate decider. But the constitutional and legal process to remove somebody from a ballot via the 14th amended is what in your eyes?. How should our states go about it?
It doesn't matter what I think of it...What you had better worry about is how this is effecting the minds of the average American voter out there...You know the ones you look down your nose at, and dismiss daily in here?

It isn't "the left", why you have that summation is most illogical, you should educate yourself with precedent in the matter.

Reading these forums over the last few weeks and listening to progressive radio tells me it is “the left”

Forum List

Back