Taxing The Rich

The poor have the EIC to create a negative tax $$ environment for them.
OMG, a massive transfer of wealth straight from the rich to the poor going on right in front of our noses! Do something, Otter! Do something!
Earned Income Tax Credit Income Limits and Maximum Credit Amounts:
Investment Income Limit
Investment income must be $3,650 or less for the year.

Maximum Credit Amounts
The maximum amount of credit for Tax Year 2020 is:

• $6,660 with three or more qualifying children
  • $5,920 with two qualifying children
  • $3,584 with one qualifying child
  • $538 with no qualifying children.
Damn them poor peoples!
Nothing in that negates my statement. Nice try neophyte.
Um, nice non sequitur, idjit!
You disagree? Or are you his big sister coming to beat me up?
Here, son. Not "a negative tax $$ environment" by any stretch. And bubbye!
The U.S. doesn’t currently have a negative income tax in place.

That doesn’t sound very republican. You must be pissed trump cut taxes and increased spending.

It's a very Republican comment by me because our platform is to treat people equally or as close as we can to it.
Republicans just cut taxes and don’t pay for anything. The debt just grows and grows...
$10 trillion under Zippy the Pinhead (aka Obama). Ouch!!!!!
And how much is Trump adding in 4 years?
This will make Trump’s first four years total deficits $5.7 trillion vs. Obama’s $5.1 trillion. Includes Covid. Hmmmmmm....by my way of thinking that's way better than Zippy.
Obama inherited a recession, two wars, banking crisis.... trump inherited a country with a strong economy. Yeah Trump is awful.
Obama inherited a recession,

That ended in June 2009.

trump inherited a country with a strong economy.

+1.6% was strong?

Is that more of your "liberal math"?

I have made my living working in the area of tax law. We also have a progressive tax system that taxes higher taxable income more than lower. We have an estate and gift tax system that is quite generous but still exposes the rich to substantial tax on their accumulated wealth.

Given the amount of taxes needed to support a liberal utopian budget can never be produced by taxing the rich alone, where do you liberal stooges think it will come from?

My opinion is that everybody should be paying income taxes, even if it's not a huge share. A little less than half of the people in our country pay no income tax at all. There are 260 million adults in the US, and 110 million people chipping something in something would be a huge help. I would like to see a consumption tax myself, say 5 cents on every dollar spent. This way everybody has a dog in the race and will be more frugal when it comes to their politicians needlessly spending money on things like free college and government healthcare.
That doesn’t sound very republican. You must be pissed trump cut taxes and increased spending.
Not at all and how in the name of all that's Holy did you come to an inane conclusion like that? Never mind, you brain farted and you thought that you had a thought.
The republican way is to cut taxes, increase military spending and increase debt. Nobody pays for it.
When business increases, profits increase and taxes increase too. When business decreases, profits decrease and taxes stay the same. So people get fired.
When republicans cut taxes and increase military spending deficits increase rapidly.
When the country is sucking the hind tit and our military has no ammunition for its weapons, Democrat presidents are to blame.
So you are good with putting spending on the credit card and dropping taxes. Typical republican. Completely irresponsible.
I don't use credit cards. I don't have any personal debt beyond my monthly utilities.
Yet you are cool with republicans adding to debt. You just don’t seem to get this.
Oh I get it. How will Joe balance the budget and turn a deficit into a surplus? Since he's the best thing since Michelle's knee boots, what's the demented idiot going to do? Form a committee to talk about it.
I bet he doesn’t increase military spending and cut taxes. That sure doesn’t work.
He is a friend of our enemies. Why would he? Increases in taxes to pay for the poor illegal kids medicine is such a cool idea...if you are a fool.
Increasing spending and cutting taxes is such a cool idea . Free stuff, just put it on the credit card.

It’s mostly why it had a small uptick. You don’t seem to get it.

I get it, your claim was wrong.
No, it’s slow wage growth. Without the gains from MW increases it’s really slow growth.

Without the gains from MW increases it’s really slow growth.

Without the 10.256% from the MW hikes (which is much less than your "mostly" claim),
wage growth would have been 3.5%.
Yes, really weak given the unemployment rate. The market is broken obviously.

It's true, your "mostly" claim was really, really far from correct.
Without that boost there really was no uptick.

I know, without that tiny 10%, the other 90% doesn't matter.
The 90% wasn’t really an uptick.

Again, such weak growth shows our markets are broken.

The 10% wasn't really mostly.
Yes, it was most of the uptick.

OMG, a massive transfer of wealth straight from the rich to the poor going on right in front of our noses! Do something, Otter! Do something!
Investment Income Limit

Maximum Credit Amounts

Damn them poor peoples!
You don't comprehend. No there is no negative income tax. But you can have $0 tax and get an EIC refund. Ponder that and see if you can figure it out. I don't have a crayon font to write it in for you.

It's a very Republican comment by me because our platform is to treat people equally or as close as we can to it.
Republicans just cut taxes and don’t pay for anything. The debt just grows and grows...
This will make Trump’s first four years total deficits $5.7 trillion vs. Obama’s $5.1 trillion. Includes Covid. Hmmmmmm....by my way of thinking that's way better than Zippy.
Obama inherited a recession, two wars, banking crisis.... trump inherited a country with a strong economy. Yeah Trump is awful.

That ended in June 2009.

+1.6% was strong?

It is considering trump claimed the greatest economy with less than 3%. Are you saying trump was full of shit?

I have made my living working in the area of tax law. We also have a progressive tax system that taxes higher taxable income more than lower. We have an estate and gift tax system that is quite generous but still exposes the rich to substantial tax on their accumulated wealth.

Given the amount of taxes needed to support a liberal utopian budget can never be produced by taxing the rich alone, where do you liberal stooges think it will come from?

My opinion is that everybody should be paying income taxes, even if it's not a huge share. A little less than half of the people in our country pay no income tax at all. There are 260 million adults in the US, and 110 million people chipping something in something would be a huge help. I would like to see a consumption tax myself, say 5 cents on every dollar spent. This way everybody has a dog in the race and will be more frugal when it comes to their politicians needlessly spending money on things like free college and government healthcare.
Not at all and how in the name of all that's Holy did you come to an inane conclusion like that? Never mind, you brain farted and you thought that you had a thought.
The republican way is to cut taxes, increase military spending and increase debt. Nobody pays for it.
When business increases, profits increase and taxes increase too. When business decreases, profits decrease and taxes stay the same. So people get fired.
When republicans cut taxes and increase military spending deficits increase rapidly.
When the country is sucking the hind tit and our military has no ammunition for its weapons, Democrat presidents are to blame.
So you are good with putting spending on the credit card and dropping taxes. Typical republican. Completely irresponsible.
I don't use credit cards. I don't have any personal debt beyond my monthly utilities.
Yet you are cool with republicans adding to debt. You just don’t seem to get this.
Oh I get it. How will Joe balance the budget and turn a deficit into a surplus? Since he's the best thing since Michelle's knee boots, what's the demented idiot going to do? Form a committee to talk about it.
I bet he doesn’t increase military spending and cut taxes. That sure doesn’t work.
He is a friend of our enemies. Why would he? Increases in taxes to pay for the poor illegal kids medicine is such a cool idea...if you are a fool.
Increasing spending and cutting taxes is such a cool idea . Free stuff, just put it on the credit card.
That's what all those millennials are hoping for. They want free education, health care, housing, et.al. just like they have in the basement of mom and dad's now.

And Trump got a depleted military in need of major capital expenditures, a NATO organization sucking our teat for too long, a rapacious Iran Deal and a pandemic unseen since 1918 for good measure. See. Excuses are easy to come up with.
How much were we spending on military before the increases? Who was going to attack us? How much are they spending?
Who is going to attack us? Good grief you are naïve. Obama let an Iranian bass boat capture a US navy vessel.
You are scared of Iran? How much they spending on military?
The $150 billion Zippy the Pinhead sent them for sure.
How much do they spend compared to us? And why are you scared?

Investment Income Limit

Maximum Credit Amounts

Damn them poor peoples!

Thanks for the link. Did you read it?

Not "a negative tax $$ environment" by any stretch.
1605735226824.png

DURR.

That's what all those millennials are hoping for. They want free education, health care, housing, et.al. just like they have in the basement of mom and dad's now.
Republicans deliver free and a tax cut.

That ended in June 2009.

+1.6% was strong?

It is considering trump claimed the greatest economy with less than 3%. Are you saying trump was full of shit?

Wait, are you saying a president exaggerated?
I guess there is a first time for everything.

Trump is kinda like millennials. Got his military spending and didn’t have to pay for it.

That ended in June 2009.

+1.6% was strong?

I guess you are saying that. 1.6 would be nice this year eh?

Free what?

Trump is kinda like millennials. Got his military spending and didn’t have to pay for it.
Under that line of thinking, Obama paid for nothing then.

Free what?
Military. Try to keep up.

That ended in June 2009.

+1.6% was strong?

I guess you are saying that. 1.6 would be nice this year eh?

I wouldn't say 1.6% was strong. Would you?

Forum List

Back