Taxing The Rich

The first two years set up the big increases. Repubs were in full control when they passed the tax cuts and increased military spending.

Obama allowed the military to dwindle. The protection of our citizens is in the US Constitution. Government healthcare programs are not.

The first two years set up the big increases. Repubs were in full control when they passed the tax cuts and increased military spending.

Obama allowed the military to dwindle. The protection of our citizens is in the US Constitution. Government healthcare programs are not.
We were still spending more than the next 10 countries combined. You got your increase in military spending, how much did your taxes go up to pay for it?

Trump is kinda like millennials. Got his military spending and didn’t have to pay for it.

Really? Then who paid for it?
It went on the credit card like Republicans always do. You got the military increase you wanted, how much did your taxes go up to pay for that?

About the same amount as your taxes that went to ObamaCare, Food Stamps, HUD green energy and Medicaid. Don't say like Republicans always do when the last Democrat administration put us 10 trillion more in the hole and the stimulus bill is being held up by Piglosi because she wants to spend more and the Republicans in the Senate do not.

We were still spending more than the next 10 countries combined. You got your increase in military spending, how much did your taxes go up to pay for it?

The next ten countries are not the world police--we are. Now if we don't want that job, think of the next country large and strong enough that would take our place.

Trump is kinda like millennials. Got his military spending and didn’t have to pay for it.

Really? Then who paid for it?
It went on the credit card like Republicans always do. You got the military increase you wanted, how much did your taxes go up to pay for that?

About the same amount as your taxes that went to ObamaCare, Food Stamps, HUD green energy and Medicaid. Don't say like Republicans always do when the last Democrat administration put us 10 trillion more in the hole and the stimulus bill is being held up by Piglosi because she wants to spend more and the Republicans in the Senate do not.
Your taxes didn't go down Ray? You didn't get any of them trump tax cuts? You just got your military spending for free? Or did you get paid to take that freebie? You love them freebies.

The next ten countries are not the world police--we are. Now if we don't want that job, think of the next country large and strong enough that would take our place.
Yeah as long as you don't have to pay for it that military is never too big right? Weren't you saying everyone should pay taxes so they care more about spending? You seem rather dishonest.... you love them freebies.

Yeah as long as you don't have to pay for it that military is never too big right? Weren't you saying everyone should pay taxes so they care more about spending? You seem rather dishonest.... you love them freebies.

I stated a couple of pages ago that I'm all in for a consumption tax. The tax would be exclusive to our debt. You people on the left are such hypocrites. You are the ones that want all the freebies and send the bill to the wealthy of this country. I'm for everybody paying for what we spend.

Your taxes didn't go down Ray? You didn't get any of them trump tax cuts? You just got your military spending for free? Or did you get paid to take that freebie? You love them freebies.

My payroll taxes when down just like yours. But payroll taxes are not income taxes. Green energy doesn't come out of Social Security or Medicare contributions.

I stated a couple of pages ago that I'm all in for a consumption tax. The tax would be exclusive to our debt. You people on the left are such hypocrites. You are the ones that want all the freebies and send the bill to the wealthy of this country. I'm for everybody paying for what we spend.
No you aren't ray. You support trumps increased military spending and a tax cut. That's worse than a freebie. You got paid to get your increased military spending. That's like if the dems offered free healthcare and a tax cut. You are a hypocrite.

Does anyone really care if the Uber rich get taxed more? Answer? Nope. Big deal. Tax the heck out of em....they'll get no pity from 99.9 percent of us.

Wrong headed thinking, but commonly held by dumb Americans. There is no need for a “world policeman.” Secondly, the US government isn’t policing shit. It’s killing, destroying, and stealing to benefit the ultra wealthy.

My payroll taxes when down just like yours. But payroll taxes are not income taxes. Green energy doesn't come out of Social Security or Medicare contributions.
So you got your increased military and a tax cut. Yeah I can see why the military is never big enough for you. Just put it on that credit card....

No you aren't ray. You support trumps increased military spending and a tax cut. That's worse than a freebie. You got paid to get your increased military spending. That's like if the dems offered free healthcare and a tax cut. You are a hypocrite.

My military? How did it become my military and not yours?

Does anyone really care if the Uber rich get taxed more? Answer? Nope. Big deal. Tax the heck out of em....they'll get no pity from 99.9 percent of us.
Repubs love to worship them. They care. They love the elites.

My military? How did it become my military and not yours?
I didn't want increased spending, you did. And you got it with a tax cut no less. Can't get big enough when it goes on that credit card and you get some $$ too right?

Wrong headed thinking, but commonly held by dumb Americans. There is no need for a “world policeman.” Secondly, the US government isn’t policing shit. It’s killing, destroying, and stealing to benefit the ultra wealthy.

Our military is strong enough to protect our allies which is why they don't get attacked. Let our military go to hell and we won't even be able to protect ourselves.

Our military is strong enough to protect our allies which is why they don't get attacked. Let our military go to hell and we won't even be able to protect ourselves.
And you will keep spending and spending since you get a tax cut for it right? Just put it all on the credit card. Those responsible republicans....

I didn't want increased spending, you did. And you got it with a tax cut no less. Can't get big enough when it goes on that credit card and you get some $$ too right?

Like I said, we got a payroll tax reduction. All the social goodies from the federal government don't come out of that outside of Medicare, Social Security and Disability. They come from income taxes which nearly half of our population doesn't pay into.

Yes, it was most of the uptick.

10% was a small part of the uptick.
What was the increase over the previous year?

Your source said the minimum wage hikes were 0.4% of the 3.9% total.

Even for a liberal, saying that was "most of the uptick", is especially moronic.
The uptick is how much the increase was larger than the previous years increase. How much was that?

How much was that?

3.9%, 0.4% of which was because of the minimum wage hikes.
A tiny fraction, not most.
How much was the uptick? If the rate of increase is always 3.5% then there is no uptick. How much was the increase in rate over the previous year?

If the rate of increase is always 3.5%

Who said it was always 3.5%? Where?

Again, from your NYT link.......

This analysis shows that growth in average wages has been running about 3.9 percent per year in the Current Population Survey over the past two years

So, 2018 and 2019, 3.9% with the MW hikes, 3.5% without.

And according to my earlier CNN link......

Wages were up 2.9% compared with a year earlier, the best pace since June 2009. Wage growth has been the last major measure to make meaningful progress since the end of the Great Recession.

2017 was higher than every year since June 2009, when it looks like real wages grew by 2.6%.

View attachment 418147

Sounds like Obama never hit 3.5%.

Another claim refuted, eh?
The year over year gain is not that much, making the gains from MW increases most of that gain.

The year over year gain is not that much,

Much higher than every single year under Obama.

making the gains from MW increases most of that gain.

Liberal math....10% of the gain is "most of the gain". DURR.

And you will keep spending and spending since you get a tax cut for it right? Just put it all on the credit card. Those responsible republicans....

Yes, put it on the credit card just like Democrat Presidents do for all their frills not covered in the US Constitution. You hate military spending but don't mind all the leftist spending.

Forum List

Back