Tea Party Officials Sneak Into Courthouse After Polls Close And Gets Locked In

Er, bubba, you left out "2:00 a.m." - They snuck in at 2:00 a.m.. (Does that sound normal?)

Really.....at 2:00 am. someone didn't tell them they were closing, but let them go to the side door when everyone inside was gone? You're really stretching it......:lol:

Next thing you're going to claim they were sleep-walking.....:lol:

Absolutely at 2 am.

Aren't you guys politicos?

I vividly remember the 2006 U.S. Senate election...Jim Talent v. Claire McCaskill...ballots were still being recounted at 6 am the following morning.

Nothing the least bit unusual about it.

If their precinct had not reported, they would have every reason to believe ballots were still being counted.

I remember that, as well as many many other close counts. What I don't remember is anybody sneaking into an obviously closed building at two o'clock in the morning via an entrance marked "Employees Only". Not even in Florida.

Matter o' fact the only burglar story I can remember related to an election was Watergate. But they didn't have a Mississippi sheriff with a spokesman named Othor.

Except for the facts that they didn't sneak in, they walked in though an open door, and there was no burglary...

The Daily Beast story suspiciously omits that Head of the GOP that they called was a well known and steadfast Cochran supporter...not exactly the first person a group with nefarious intentions would call to extract them covertly.

Wonder why this fact was left out?

I know!

They couldn't fool you guys into believing that this wasn't accidental if they reported it.

I guess in doing all the quoting from the article someone missed this part.

The sheriff’s department has since exonerated the three, stating in a release: “Based on our findings and subsequent conclusion, there is no reason to believe that the three individuals engaged in any criminal activity nor do we believe any laws were broken. Our investigation revealed that the three individuals were able to enter the courthouse through a side-door marked for employees only. This door was either propped-open or was malfunctioning at the time of entry.”

I don't think it's nefarious, but I do think it's kinda funny.

And after the old folks home fiasco with that one crazy assed ultra- conservative blogger who took pics of Cochran's sick wife and the considering the closeness of the race, it sure doesn't make the McDaniel team look good.

And it makes the Tea Party also look less and less innocent.

Absolutely at 2 am.

I vividly remember the 2006 U.S. Senate election...Jim Talent v. Claire McCaskill...ballots were still being recounted at 6 am the following morning.

If their precinct had not reported, they would have every reason to believe ballots were still being counted.

I remember that, as well as many many other close counts. What I don't remember is anybody sneaking into an obviously closed building at two o'clock in the morning via an entrance marked "Employees Only". Not even in Florida.

Matter o' fact the only burglar story I can remember related to an election was Watergate. But they didn't have a Mississippi sheriff with a spokesman named Othor.

Except for the facts that they didn't sneak in, they walked in though an open door, and there was no burglary...

bur·glary noun \ˈbər-glə-rē also -gə-lə-rē also -gəl-rē\

Full Definition of BURGLARY

: the act of breaking and entering a dwelling at night to commit a felony (as theft); broadly : the entering of a building with the intent to commit a crime (Merriam Webster)

Our investigation revealed that the three individuals were able to enter the courthouse through a side-door marked for employees only. This door was either propped-open or was malfunctioning at the time of entry.”

You're saying if I figure out that the lock on the back door of your house doesn't work -- at 2 o'clock in the morning -- I'm free to just "wander in" and there's no crime?

rofl.gif

Post your address and see if you hear anything through the night... :eusa_shhh:

The Daily Beast story suspiciously omits that Head of the GOP that they called was a well known and steadfast Cochran supporter...not exactly the first person a group with nefarious intentions would call to extract them covertly.

I know!

They couldn't fool you guys into believing that this wasn't accidental if they reported it.

Of course. Who among us doesn't wander into buildings at 2am through a door marked "Employees only"? I do that at least once a week, just so I can post pictures of surprised janitors on my website, whatareyoudoinghere.con. Then I explain that I'm in there "by accident", that I "just wandered in" and "no crime was committed".

Maybe it's a setup. Cochran's people conspired to prop the door open, then stood around waiting for McDaniel people to just happen to stroll by, pointed them to the Employee door, and then locked them in. What a great joke. :D

Yeah, that's the ticket.

From that link:
>> Hinds County Republican Executive Committee Chairman Pete Perry, who's supporting Cochran, said Lane called him at 2 a.m. Wednesday, saying she and a friend were locked inside the courthouse, that nobody else was inside and they needed help getting out. <<​

I've been lost, been locked in somewhere, been in car accidents, been stranded, been mugged, had my car vandalized, received notes of terroristic threats, and even right now have a cat stuck in a tree. In none of these instances did it ever occur to me that the thing to do was to call the local chairman of a political party.

bur·glary noun \&#712;b&#601;r-gl&#601;-r&#275; also -g&#601;-l&#601;-r&#275; also -g&#601;l-r&#275;\

: the act of breaking and entering a dwelling at night to commit a felony (as theft); broadly : the entering of a building with the intent to commit a crime (Merriam Webster)

Our investigation revealed that the three individuals were able to enter the courthouse through a side-door marked for employees only. This door was either propped-open or was malfunctioning at the time of entry.”

You're saying if I figure out that the lock on the back door of your house doesn't work -- at 2 o'clock in the morning -- I'm free to just "wander in" and there's no crime?

rofl.gif

I know!

Of course. Who among us doesn't wander into buildings at 2am through a door marked "Employees only"? I do that at least once a week, just so I can post pictures of surprised janitors on my website, whatareyoudoinghere.con. Then I explain that I'm in there "by accident", that I "just wandered in" and "no crime was committed".

Maybe it's a setup. Cochran's people conspired to prop the door open, then stood around waiting for McDaniel people to just happen to stroll by, pointed them to the Employee door, and then locked them in. What a great joke. :D

Yeah, that's the ticket.

It's a public building where they were expecting to find an ongoing ballot count.

The door locked as soon as it closed.

They called Perry, as he was supposed to be observing three count..."Perry, where are you guys...we can't find you, and the door locked behind us".

An accident, totally innocuous.

bur·glary noun \&#712;b&#601;r-gl&#601;-r&#275; also -g&#601;-l&#601;-r&#275; also -g&#601;l-r&#275;\

rofl.gif

I know!

Yeah, that's the ticket.

It's a public building where they were expecting to find an ongoing ballot count.

They called Perry, as he was supposed to be observing three count..."Perry, where are you guys...we can't find you, and the door locked behind us".

You shoulda read your own link. Why would they say "we can't find you" when they already told Perry there was "nobody there"?

And why do you sneak into a building through an employee's entrance when it's already obvious nobody's there? (if it isn't obvious then why don't you go to the front rather than finding a way to sneak in through a "malfunctioning" employees door?)

Finally if they actually were looking for Perry (or others), why didn't they phone them before arriving so someone could let them in legitimately?

I know these questions don't have answers. I just enjoy watching yoga stretches. Namaste. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:

rofl.gif

Yeah, that's the ticket.

You shoulda read your own link. Why would they say "we can't find you" when they already told Perry there was "nobody there"?

And why do you sneak into a building through an employee's entrance when it's already obvious nobody's there? (if it isn't obvious then why don't you go to the front rather than finding a way to sneak in through a "malfunctioning" employees door?)

Finally if they actually were looking for Perry (or others), why didn't they phone them before arriving so someone could let them in legitimately?

I know these questions don't have answers. I just enjoy watching yoga stretches. Namaste. :eusa_angel:

Not only are there answers, the answer is simple...they expected them to be at the courthouse. They found an open door...as expected...and went inside.

yup. And the Sheriff's office who was suspicious initially, interviewed those involved and determined there was absolutely no criminal behavior or intent.

Not that intent matters...if there's no crime. You can't really prosecute people for NOT committing a crime, after all. At least not yet. That's a couple of years in the future.

Absolutely at 2 am.

I know!

Yeah sure......I have a bridge in Brooklyn I can sell you cheap....:lol::lol:

Not only are there answers, the answer is simple...they expected them to be at the courthouse. They found an open door...as expected...and went inside.

I notice you say "there are answers" -- and then proceed to not give any.

"As expected"? So they expected to sneak in after everybody was gone, through an employee entrance that was jimmied open?

Now we may be getting somewhere... :eusa_think:

Last edited:
It wasn't jimmied open. If it was, they would have been charged. You should call the sheriff and tell them that they should arrest those guys because you're an idiot. I'm sure they'll jump right on that.

It wasn't jimmied open. If it was, they would have been charged. You should call the sheriff and tell them that they should arrest those guys because you're an idiot. I'm sure they'll jump right on that.

You shittin' me?

Ever met a Mississippi sheriff? Yeah there is an idiot, and he's a sheriff.

They "wander in" at two in the morning through a door clearly marked that is not for the public, regardless what its condition was, claiming some guy in a uniform (who doesn't now seem to exist) pointed it out to them. Then when they get locked in they don't call the police -- they call the county chair of a political Party.

Yeah when I get locked into a building I infiltrated at two in the morning, that's what I do -- wake up the local party chair. :cuckoo:

Nothing to see here, move along... :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
You progressives should send some jackboots in there, show those dummies how an election is run!

You progressives should send some jackboots in there, show those dummies how an election is run!

Sorry, the Conservatives bought them all up and wear them to church services in the morning before saying "fuck you" to someone in the afternoon before cheating on their wives in the evening.

Oh, the stories those jack-boots could tell!!!

:rofl:

"As expected"? So they expected to sneak in after everybody was gone, through an employee entrance that was jimmied open?

Jimmied open? You just made that up. :lol:

I expect a modicum of honesty from you Pogo.

The evidence is that the door was propped open as if there were someone inside after hours.

If you have evidence to back up your declarative statement that the door was jimmied, produce it.

The evidence is that the door was propped open as if there were someone inside after hours.

If you have evidence to back up your declarative statement that the door was jimmied, produce it.

It's a question. A declarative statement would, like this one, end with a period. A question based on "or was malfunctioning". A door working properly would not allow access, now would it? Who made it "malfunction"? If it malfunctioned on its own, why would a legitimate non-burglar take advantage of that vulnerability? More to the point, why would they be looking for such a vulnerability? You think that's why they called the Party chair rather than the police when they got locked in -- because they had no good story for getting in there?

If you have evidence the door was propped open as opposed to the other option, produce it.

But that was only the latest qeustion; you still have no answers for the older ones.

And here's a new question: how does a sheriff do an "investigation" and STILL not know whether the door works? What kind of investigation can't handle a simple door test? I can figure out whether my front door is working, and I'm no sheriff. In a standard B&E (or other crime scene) one of the first things to determine is whether the entry was forced -- which tells you whether the burglar either knew the target or had someone on the inside.

Would you want such a sheriff "investigating" your house after I wander in at 2am just because I can?

Seriously I think somebody's got the makings of a TV sitcom here...

Last edited:

It's a question. A declarative statement would, like this one, end with a period. A question based on "or was malfunctioning". A door working properly would not allow access, now would it? Who made it "malfunction"? If it malfunctioned on its own, why would a legitimate non-burglar take advantage of that vulnerability? More to the point, why would they be looking for such a vulnerability? You think that's why they called the Party chair rather than the police when they got locked in -- because they had no good story for getting in there?

If you have evidence the door was propped open as opposed to the other option, produce it.

But that was only the latest qeustion; you still have no answers for the older ones.

And here's a new question: how does a sheriff do an "investigation" and STILL not know whether the door works? What kind of investigation can't handle a simple door test? I can figure out whether my front door is working, and I'm no sheriff. In a standard B&E (or other crime scene) one of the first things to determine is whether the entry was forced -- which tells you whether the burglar either knew the target or had someone on the inside.

Would you want such a sheriff "investigating" your house after I wander in at 2am just because I can?

Seriously I think somebody's got the makings of a TV sitcom here...

Again it's simple deductive logic.

First, malfunction means it didn't work properly.

If they had "jimmied" the door, they would have had an expectation that the door would lock again, and take precautions against that occurence.

Malfunction in the case is more likely a failure to catch upon closing.

Second, as I stated previously, they expected a door to be open...because they anticipated finding the ballot count ongoing.

Simple as that.

If you wish to continue making this into something it clearly is not for political purposes, have at it and enjoy...but understand, that's all it is, making political hay out of an obvious misunderstanding.

Forum List

Back