Ted Nugent Goes Off on Piers Morgan

If sales have increased by a factor of 4, then background checks should have increased by a similar amount.

Not necessarily. Repeat customers won't necessarily have repeat background checks. The guns people are buying could be more expensive ones than what was selling previously (people might be trying to snap up AR-15s before they go out of style). The increased demand could have led to higher retail prices. People could be using their guns more often for target shooting, so a large part of it could be ammo sales. People could also be stocking up on more expensive ammo under the "OMGTHEYGONNACOMEFORYOURGUNS" scare (most people use cheaper rounds for target shooting that might not necessarily be the most effective type of round for actual defense purposes). It could also be a strictly local phenomena; he may have carved out a larger market share for himself, possibly due to a competitor going out of business.

My problem with this whole discussion is a simple one. If we're really concerned about gun violence in America then we should be concentrating on getting guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill. I have zero problem with stringent background checks. What I "do" have a problem with is the concept that passing another law will deter criminals who use guns in violent crimes. I'm sorry but it's totally illogical to think that someone will obey your new law when they are regularly breaking a multitude of other existing laws...something which should be obvious from looking at the microcosm that is Chicago. You've got a city with some of the toughest gun laws in the country...yet it's the murder capital of America! So obviously passing gun control laws...while making it harder for law abiding citizens to obtain weapons...does very little to deter criminals who could care less about the law in general and would welcome any law that DOES make it harder for law abiding citizens to get guns because the criminals can carry out their lawlessness secure in the knowledge that the people they are terrorizing will not be as apt to be armed.

Why anybody gives that dirty chickenshit Ted Nugent any attention at all is beyond me.

Why anybody gives that dirty chickenshit Ted Nugent any attention at all is beyond me.

I like giving Ted attention.

Ted+Nugent+ted_the_hunter.jpg

Piers Morgan must be Nugent's twin given how you little credence you seem to want to give to Ted. Your favorite son Piers is a con man who had lost all credibility in the UK and decided to reinvent himself in the US. He ran a paper in the UK that is the equivalent of our National Enquirer. He got fired because he knowingly allowed falsified material to be published, and of course there is his involvement in a little.....ahem...wiretapping scandal. Piers is really nothing more than a show business gossip columnist. To give any credibility to Piers is to abase oneself. In comparison, Ted is as pure as the driven snow.

Piers Morgan must be Nugent's twin given how you little credence you seem to want to give to Ted. Your favorite son Piers is a con man who had lost all credibility in the UK and decided to reinvent himself in the US. He ran a paper in the UK that is the equivalent of our National Enquirer. He got fired because he knowingly allowed falsified material to be published, and of course there is his involvement in a little.....ahem...wiretapping scandal. Piers is really nothing more than a show business gossip columnist. To give any credibility to Piers is to abase oneself. In comparison, Ted is as pure as the driven snow.
I have no use for Piers Morgan, I absolutely detest Ted Nugent...

Ted+Nugent+ted_the_hunter.jpg

Graet pic, thanks. I think that's one for the wall out in the shop!

Last edited:
If sales have increased by a factor of 4, then background checks should have increased by a similar amount.

Not necessarily. Repeat customers won't necessarily have repeat background checks. The guns people are buying could be more expensive ones than what was selling previously (people might be trying to snap up AR-15s before they go out of style). The increased demand could have led to higher retail prices. People could be using their guns more often for target shooting, so a large part of it could be ammo sales. People could also be stocking up on more expensive ammo under the "OMGTHEYGONNACOMEFORYOURGUNS" scare (most people use cheaper rounds for target shooting that might not necessarily be the most effective type of round for actual defense purposes). It could also be a strictly local phenomena; he may have carved out a larger market share for himself, possibly due to a competitor going out of business.
I would hope repeat customers are rechecked every time they buy a gun since their status can change at any time. You have to admit, I hope, that someone can be arrested and convicted of a crime at any time. And I don't think a company that has sales of $1 million a month goes to $4 million a month on ammo sales. They have to be selling guns and ammo and the stats that are kept on background checks do not support a 4X increase in gun sales. The Right has a history of gross exaggerations and this is yet another example.

Last edited:
He didn't just fire an AR, he also fired a full auto version and what appeared to be a WWII 30 cal. I guarantee the boy was all smiles inside, but there was no way he'd admit it. He also interviewed our Atty. General, Greg Abbott and a State Senator, Dan Patrick who also own a conservative radio station in Houston and a couple of others. Tactical Firearms where they did the show is in Katy, TX and the owner said his sales went form one million a month to a million a week and Morgan about had a heart attack. I just sat back and watched fellow Texans beat up on the limey bastard. But true to his commie roots Morgan never backed off.
The Misinformation Voter is stupid enough to believe anything. A million a week is 52 million a year of the 270 million privately owned guns sold from one store. BULLSHIT!!!!!

Only a low information reader would construe that to mean numbers of weapons instead of dollars. But just to clarify for you it was sales of $1,000,000.00 dollars per month to $1,000,000.00 per week. Now hurry on off to school, you're going to miss your short bus.

Last edited:

Ted-Nugent-98407504017.jpeg

Ted-Nugent-98407504017.jpeg

I like his hat.

He didn't just fire an AR, he also fired a full auto version and what appeared to be a WWII 30 cal. I guarantee the boy was all smiles inside, but there was no way he'd admit it. He also interviewed our Atty. General, Greg Abbott and a State Senator, Dan Patrick who also own a conservative radio station in Houston and a couple of others. Tactical Firearms where they did the show is in Katy, TX and the owner said his sales went form one million a month to a million a week and Morgan about had a heart attack. I just sat back and watched fellow Texans beat up on the limey bastard. But true to his commie roots Morgan never backed off.
The Misinformation Voter is stupid enough to believe anything. A million a week is 52 million a year of the 270 million privately owned guns sold from one store. BULLSHIT!!!!!

Only a low information reader would construe that to mean numbers of weapons instead of dollars. But just to clarify for you it was sales of $1,000,000.00 dollars per month to $1,000,000.00 per week. Now hurry on off to school, you're going to miss your short bus.

So he made a mistake. You brain fart like that scene on Blazing Saddles!

I would hope repeat customers are rechecked every time they buy a gun since their status can change at any time. You have to admit, I hope, that someone can be arrested and convicted of a crime at any time. And I don't think a company that has sales of $1 million a month goes to $4 million a month on ammo sales. They have to be selling guns and ammo and the stats that are kept on background checks do not support a 4X increase in gun sales. The Right has a history of gross exaggerations and this is yet another example.

You can buy 10 guns with one check, there is not a check done on each individual gun. Also you can use a CHL instead of a NICS check. If you doubt what the owner said I'm very sure you can email him. Just google Tactical Friearms in Katy, TX. You could also get the video from CNN and watch the interview yourself.

It is encouraging to know that even the retarded can be successful musicians.

So he made a mistake. You brain fart like that scene on Blazing Saddles!

Baby boy, are you stalking me again? What the hell, at least you're showing you care.

Forum List

Back