Tell me liberals .. Why is it racist to ask for an ID for voting but not for

YET NOT ONE OF THE 37 STATES, ALL GOP LED, HAVE DONE THAT, IN FACT MAKING IT MORE DIFFICULT TO VOTE! Weird right? Stop playing "moderate", your BS isn't flying, THERE IS AND HAS BEEN NO NEED FOR VOTER ID LAWS, NONE, as I've repeatedly shown you. The ONLY real reason is to suppress voters, which is what the GOP voter ID laws are about!!!

I'll make a deal with you. Learn to use the quote function like a good little boy and I'll let you think you've shown me something. In point and fact, you've shown nothing. The total amount of fraud is not known from one election to another. Reliance upon self-reporting of negative factors is notoriously inaccurate. For example, SADD reports that 72% of students have tried alcohol by the end of high school. Anyone who has gone through a public high school can tell you that the figure is much closer to 95%. In some districts, it's near 100%. Where does the 72% come from? Self reporting by teens who are breaking the law.

Please try to wrap your head around the fact that if there is fraud in district X, it is in the official's best interest to either call it something else, or not report it all together.

Again, you haven't answered the question; why not make the process as sterile as possible?

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT AGAIN? THIS IS WHERE LOGIC COMES IN, SWING AN ELECTION ONE VOTE AT A TIME? LOL

Perhaps I just want you to not vote. Perhaps there is a race on the ballot that is polling at 50/50 for county treasurer or something like that. Perhaps I'm known as John A. Doe and you're known as Johnny A. Doe and there is an honest mix-up at the polls. Perhaps I'm not registered and really want to vote.

Seriously, you're not helping yourself by refusing to engage in the conversation. In fact, you're actually highlighting the reasons why voting ID is a good idea.

New database of US voter fraud finds no evidence that photo ID laws are needed

A new nationwide analysis of 2,068 alleged election-fraud cases since 2000 shows that while fraud has occurred, the rate is infinitesimal, and in-person voter impersonation on Election Day, which prompted 37 state legislatures to enact or consider tough voter ID laws, is virtually non-existent.

In an exhaustive public records search, reporters from the investigative reporting projecdt News21 sent thousands of requests to elections officers in all 50 states, asking for every case of fraudulent activity including registration fraud, absentee ballot fraud, vote buying, false election counts, campaign fraud, casting an ineligible vote, voting twice, voter impersonation fraud and intimidation.
New database of US voter fraud finds no evidence that photo ID laws are needed - Investigations

"Our democracy is under siege from an enemy so small it could be hiding anywhere," joked Stephen Colbert.

Indeed, between 2000 and 2007, there were 32,299 UFO sightings in the United States, 352 deaths caused by lightning, but only nine cases of voter impersonation

Yet conservatives continue to hype the extremely rare occurrence of election fraud as if it were something that happens every day and is somehow responsible for the election of Obama and Democratic candidates across the map.

The Voter Fraud Fraud The Nation
Wow, another cut and paste....

Says the "moderate" who supports voter restriction laws. Weird

YET NOT ONE OF THE 37 STATES, ALL GOP LED, HAVE DONE THAT, IN FACT MAKING IT MORE DIFFICULT TO VOTE! Weird right? Stop playing "moderate", your BS isn't flying, THERE IS AND HAS BEEN NO NEED FOR VOTER ID LAWS, NONE, as I've repeatedly shown you. The ONLY real reason is to suppress voters, which is what the GOP voter ID laws are about!!!

I'll make a deal with you. Learn to use the quote function like a good little boy and I'll let you think you've shown me something. In point and fact, you've shown nothing. The total amount of fraud is not known from one election to another. Reliance upon self-reporting of negative factors is notoriously inaccurate. For example, SADD reports that 72% of students have tried alcohol by the end of high school. Anyone who has gone through a public high school can tell you that the figure is much closer to 95%. In some districts, it's near 100%. Where does the 72% come from? Self reporting by teens who are breaking the law.

Please try to wrap your head around the fact that if there is fraud in district X, it is in the official's best interest to either call it something else, or not report it all together.

Again, you haven't answered the question; why not make the process as sterile as possible?

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT AGAIN? THIS IS WHERE LOGIC COMES IN, SWING AN ELECTION ONE VOTE AT A TIME? LOL

Perhaps I just want you to not vote. Perhaps there is a race on the ballot that is polling at 50/50 for county treasurer or something like that. Perhaps I'm known as John A. Doe and you're known as Johnny A. Doe and there is an honest mix-up at the polls. Perhaps I'm not registered and really want to vote.

Seriously, you're not helping yourself by refusing to engage in the conversation. In fact, you're actually highlighting the reasons why voting ID is a good idea.

A new nationwide analysis of 2,068 alleged election-fraud cases since 2000 shows that while fraud has occurred, the rate is infinitesimal, and in-person voter impersonation on Election Day, which prompted 37 state legislatures to enact or consider tough voter ID laws, is virtually non-existent.

In an exhaustive public records search, reporters from the investigative reporting projecdt News21 sent thousands of requests to elections officers in all 50 states, asking for every case of fraudulent activity including registration fraud, absentee ballot fraud, vote buying, false election counts, campaign fraud, casting an ineligible vote, voting twice, voter impersonation fraud and intimidation.
New database of US voter fraud finds no evidence that photo ID laws are needed - Investigations

"Our democracy is under siege from an enemy so small it could be hiding anywhere," joked Stephen Colbert.

Indeed, between 2000 and 2007, there were 32,299 UFO sightings in the United States, 352 deaths caused by lightning, but only nine cases of voter impersonation

Yet conservatives continue to hype the extremely rare occurrence of election fraud as if it were something that happens every day and is somehow responsible for the election of Obama and Democratic candidates across the map.

Actually, most conservatives here would laugh at you for calling me a moderate.

If you're full of shit, you're full of shit. As you are... I have no problem telling liberals who oppose voter registration that they are full of shit. Hispanics, blacks, etc... have zero barriers from registering to vote and showing ID when they cast their ballot. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either an idiot or being intellectually dishonest.

Oh, and I also support nuclear energy (the US Navy has proven it can work with no more or less risk than other forms of energy)

And I support armed guards on every school campus in the nation (if you're going to call the cops and hope they show up with guns and a lot of their friends who have guns--it makes no sense to oppose having trained armed law enforcement on campus).

But please show me more cut-and-paste pablum that means zilch.

As long as you ignore simple questions like "Why not have a sterile process when it's so easy to have a sterile process", I guess I'll play into your fantasy about my being a conservative hero.

Nobody ever said that the GOP wasn't motivated by keeping people away from the polls dumbass...just like nobody can point out why this is "racist" when you're requiring 100% of all voters to present the same credentials.

Feel free to try.

Did several times Bubba, sorry YOU can't accept REALITY

WHEN THE PURPOSE OF A LAW, IS TO SUPPRESS THE MOST VULNERABLE, THAT FALLS HEAVILY ON THE MINORITY VOTE, WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR NOT, IT'S BASED A RACIST POLICY!!

How racism underlies voter ID laws: the academics weigh in

Are voting laws requiring photo IDs inherently racially discriminatory, as Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg maintained in her blistering dissent Saturday morning?

A team of politician scientists from Appalachian State, Texas Tech and the University of Florida took on that question for an article just published in Political Research Quarterly (h/t: Justin Levitt). Their conclusion is that the claims of proponents that they're just upholding the principle of ballot integrity can be discounted; the photo ID laws aim to disenfranchise Democratic voters; they cite findings that the raised cost of voting imposed by photo ID requires "falls overwhelmingly on minorities." In other words, the answer is yes.

How racism underlies voter ID laws the academics weigh in - LA Times

12 reasons Texas’ new voter ID law is racist

12 reasons Texas new voter ID law is racist - Salon.com

cartoon%20voter%20id%20hurdles.JPG

Voter ID laws helped contribute to lower voter turnout in Kansas and Tennessee in 2012, according a new study by the Government Accountability Office.

Congress’s research arm blamed the two states’ laws requiring that voters show identification on a dip in turnout in 2012 — about 2 percentage points in Kansas and between 2.2 and 3.2 percentage points in Tennessee. Those declines were greater among younger and African-American voters, when compared to turnout in other states.

GAO report Voter ID laws stunted turnout TheHill

As long as you ignore simple questions like "Why not have a sterile process when it's so easy to have a sterile process", I guess I'll play into your fantasy about my being a conservative hero.

Nobody ever said that the GOP wasn't motivated by keeping people away from the polls dumbass...just like nobody can point out why this is "racist" when you're requiring 100% of all voters to present the same credentials.

Feel free to try.

WHEN THE PURPOSE OF A LAW, IS TO SUPPRESS THE MOST VULNERABLE, THAT FALLS HEAVILY ON THE MINORITY VOTE, WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR NOT, IT'S BASED A RACIST POLICY!!

Are voting laws requiring photo IDs inherently racially discriminatory, as Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg maintained in her blistering dissent Saturday morning?

A team of politician scientists from Appalachian State, Texas Tech and the University of Florida took on that question for an article just published in Political Research Quarterly (h/t: Justin Levitt). Their conclusion is that the claims of proponents that they're just upholding the principle of ballot integrity can be discounted; the photo ID laws aim to disenfranchise Democratic voters; they cite findings that the raised cost of voting imposed by photo ID requires "falls overwhelmingly on minorities." In other words, the answer is yes.

Voter ID laws helped contribute to lower voter turnout in Kansas and Tennessee in 2012, according a new study by the Government Accountability Office.

Congress’s research arm blamed the two states’ laws requiring that voters show identification on a dip in turnout in 2012 — about 2 percentage points in Kansas and between 2.2 and 3.2 percentage points in Tennessee. Those declines were greater among younger and African-American voters, when compared to turnout in other states.

Well, he didn't disappoint....and junior still can't figure out how to quote grown-ups.

If you're full of shit, you're full of shit. As you are... I have no problem telling liberals who oppose voter registration that they are full of shit. Hispanics, blacks, etc... have zero barriers from registering to vote and showing ID when they cast their ballot. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either an idiot or being intellectually dishonest.

Oh, and I also support nuclear energy (the US Navy has proven it can work with no more or less risk than other forms of energy)

And I support armed guards on every school campus in the nation (if you're going to call the cops and hope they show up with guns and a lot of their friends who have guns--it makes no sense to oppose having trained armed law enforcement on campus).

Like I said, pretend to be moderate AS you support voter restriction laws on a CONSTITUTIONAL right!

Feel free to try.

Well, he didn't disappoint....and junior still can't figure out how to quote grown-ups.

Says the "moderate" as the Klown can't refute FACTUAL data and evidence that voter restriction laws fall MUCH heavier on minorities. Weird Bubba

Like I said, pretend to be moderate AS you support voter restriction laws on a CONSTITUTIONAL right!

Good boy.

So, by the same token, you support being able to possess a Sherman Tank under the 2nd amendment and shout "fire" in a crowded theater under the first?

Feel free to try.

Says the "moderate" as the Klown can't refute FACTUAL data and evidence that voter restriction laws fall MUCH heavier on minorities. Weird Bubba

Minorities and non-minorities are held to the same standard by the law. No dice in playing the race card sonny.

Feel free to try.

Minorities and non-minorities are held to the same standard by the law. No dice in playing the race card sonny.
That IS the correct motorcycle. I never hear any of those complaining about the plight of the people who can't afford a free ID saying that we need to help the poor white coal miners in Appalachia.

Feel free to try.

Sure Bubba, sure. NOT like Romney nor Bush's started on 3rd base, EVERYONE had the same opportunities, just like the nearly quarter of blacks without an ACCEPTABLE voter ID (IN GOPers minds). NRA card are OK, but student ID cards are not, lol

Yeah, the GOP RACIST VOTER RESTRICTION LAWS falls equally heavy on everyone, regardless of race...lol

Good boy.

So, by the same token, you support being able to possess a Sherman Tank under the 2nd amendment and shout "fire" in a crowded theater under the first?

You mean the second part of the 2nd escapes you? I'm not surprised. Fire? Oh you mean when others can get hurt? Keep trying "moderate" Bubba, you'll get there, lol

Sure Bubba, sure. NOT like Romney nor Bush's started on 3rd base, EVERYONE had the same opportunities, just like the nearly quarter of blacks without an ACCEPTABLE voter ID (IN GOPers minds). NRA card are OK, but student ID cards are not, lol

Yeah, the GOP RACIST VOTER RESTRICTION LAWS falls equally heavy on everyone, regardless of race...lol
Again, why aren't you complaining about the poor white coal miners in Appalachia who have less access to government services than poor minorities in the inner city?

That IS the correct motorcycle. I never hear any of those complaining about the plight of the people who can't afford a free ID saying that we need to help the poor white coal miners in Appalachia.

The GOP trying to restrict their voter rights too Bubba? Let's stop that also right?

The GOP trying to restrict their voter rights too Bubba? Let's stop that also right?
If they are, can you still complain it's all racism?

You needn't been born on 3rd base to afford a driver's license....

But in case you were born in the dugout, the reddest state in the union...TEXAS...offers a free picture ID so you can cast your ballot:
TxDPS - Election Identification Certificate EIC

Any other false barriers you want to try to erect?

I don't doubt the GOP's motive is to limit the number of minority voters.

I do doubt the minority voters are really trying if they can't get an ID to vote.

Again, why aren't you complaining about the poor white coal miners in Appalachia who have less access to government services than poor minorities in the inner city?

Gov't services? Good dodge Bubba

It’s Official: White Folks in Red States are the Biggest Food Stamp ‘Moochers’ in the Country!

Statistics reveal that the city holding the most beneficiaries of the SNAP program (a favorite target of the GOP) is 99.22% white and 95% Republican. Owsley County, Kentucky earns the lowest median household income in the country, but they are the most prolific government-takers in U.S. existence.

LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE DOING OK SUCKING OFF THE TEET OF GOV'T BUBBA

It s Official White Folks in Red States are the Biggest Food Stamp Moochers in the Country Americans Against the Tea Party

It’s Official: White Folks in Red States are the Biggest Food Stamp ‘Moochers’ in the Country!

Statistics reveal that the city holding the most beneficiaries of the SNAP program (a favorite target of the GOP) is 99.22% white and 95% Republican. Owsley County, Kentucky earns the lowest median household income in the country, but they are the most prolific government-takers in U.S. existence.

It s Official White Folks in Red States are the Biggest Food Stamp Moochers in the Country Americans Against the Tea Party

And they don't seem to have a problem affording IDs....why would your skin color make a difference?

What? Impossible!!! The mantra is CLEARLY that poor people are completely unable to care for themselves and need help to figure out basic things like how to obtain an ID that allows them to vote. Yet, apparently, these poor people have not only managed to figure out such things, but are better at doing it than other poor people. Why do you think that is?

And they don't seem to have a problem affording IDs....why would your skin color make a difference?
Exactly. It doesn't. Only paternalistic contempt would insist that it does.

Forum List

Back