Ten Gun Myths and Memes-- Shot Down

I haven't checked - but I can tell you from personal experience that the Guardian has amongt the most rigorous editorial standards of any newspaper in the world. If they publish it - it will be solid.

Pssst, stupid... The Guardian is a tabloid.

It's on the same level as the National Enquirer. Basically the British version.

I haven't checked - but I can tell you from personal experience that the Guardian has amongt the most rigorous editorial standards of any newspaper in the world. If they publish it - it will be solid.

Hehe...yeah, that was some post eh? :)

Pssst, dumbass... You're thinking of the Mirror. Or the Sun. Duh.

^^ tries to tell a European about European papers :lmao:

Last edited:
I hear that Mexico has the strictest gun control laws in the world, and they have the highest gun murder rate in the world too.

"You hear", huh? Deep. :eusa_whistle:

Sorry to disappoint but this isn't a "gun control" thread or a Second Amendment thread. Maybe you picked the wrong handle? :dunno:

Last edited:
I have to comment on the tactics of some gun supporters to these threads.

Pogo mentioned being neg repped by posters who hadn't commented on the thread - I also got neg repped by Darkwind (who I haven't seen posting on the thread) for my apparently wanting to confiscate guns. In fact, I don't recommend confiscating guns, and would not support such a move.

In all, I've been neg repped 5 times on this thread, and yet everything I have posted has been linked, sourced can be confirmed elsewhere.

I'm also amazed how many simply fatuous arguments we have seen here - insisting the US can not be compared to Germany, the UK or France - and then comparing the US with Switzerland. Presenting UK crime figures - from 1997. Posting material without links or sources.

Any neutrals reading through these threads would do well to consider what this all means....
The US can not be compared to Germany, France and the UK, number 1, because unlike them, WE have the 2nd Amendment. They no longer have the right to keep and bear arms.
Your claim that we can't be compared to Switzerland is justified how? Because it wouldn't fit your agenda?
Really! Of European countries, only Switzerland has anywhere close to the number of guns per capita.
You are not being negged because of your views. You are being negged because of your dishonesty and your incessant whining.

You "suspect", huh? Even deeper.
Where did I leave those hip boots...

Yes, I suspect.

I suspect because you have an agenda, and you don't have any integrity.

Let's start with the first lie that the hate site you cut & pasted from told;

"They aren't coming to take your guns."

Well, in usual leftist fashion, this isn't exactly true - in fact it isn't even faintly true.

{ Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have ninety days from such effective date to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution:

(1) Remove the assault weapon or large capacity magazine from the state of Missouri;

(2) Render the assault weapon permanently inoperable; or

(3) Surrender the assault weapon or large capacity magazine to the appropriate law enforcement agency for destruction, subject to specific agency regulations.

5. Unlawful manufacture, import, possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of an assault weapon or a large capacity magazine is a class C felony.}

Missouri Democrats Introduce Gun-Grabbing Legislation | The Dana Show

The other 9 lies you listed are just as easily dispelled.

Your claim that we can't be compared to Switzerland is justified how? Because it wouldn't fit your agenda?
Really! Of European countries, only Switzerland has anywhere close to the number of guns per capita.
You are not being negged because of your views. You are being negged because of your dishonesty and your incessant whining.

He also claims that the US can't be compared to Mexico, strictest gun control laws in the world, and the worst gun murder rate in the world.

Also, read my 430th post on this thread, it's a good laugh.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/280488-ten-gun-myths-and-memes-shot-down-29.html#post6876904

Last edited:
More of the same ignorance that the inexperienced with firearms people post here, this time from the First Lady. Then ABC edits her incorrect and ignorant comment from the presented tape. I had this same discussion with Lahkota over her ignorant claims of people using automatic weapons a couple of weeks ago and she asked me to "educate her" as to the difference. I replied "educate yourself, I don't like you" because I figured that she would continue to lie to push her agenda.

First Lady Michelle Obama during a Tuesday broadcast of ABC’s “Good Morning America” claimed that 15-year-old Hadiya Pendleton, who had just returned from performing in the president’s second inauguration, was tragically shot and killed in Chicago by an “automatic weapon.”

“She was standing out in a park with her friends in a neighborhood blocks away from where my kids…grew up, where our house is. She had just taken a chemistry test,” the First Lady said, according to ABC News’ website. “And she was caught in the line of fire because some kids had some automatic weapons they didn’t need [emphasis added].”

Often the same ignorance that many gun-control posters advocate here is present in the politicians that are pushing their agenda. Ignorance and flat out deception. I remember Shaun Hannity saying back when Obama was running for his first term that gun-control was big on his agenda and that Obama would be seriously pushing it.

Intentional? ABC Edits First Lady?s Claim About ?Automatic Weapons? | Video | TheBlaze.com

Pogo mentioned being neg repped by posters who hadn't commented on the thread - I also got neg repped by Darkwind (who I haven't seen posting on the thread) for my apparently wanting to confiscate guns. In fact, I don't recommend confiscating guns, and would not support such a move.

In all, I've been neg repped 5 times on this thread, and yet everything I have posted has been linked, sourced can be confirmed elsewhere.

I'm also amazed how many simply fatuous arguments we have seen here - insisting the US can not be compared to Germany, the UK or France - and then comparing the US with Switzerland. Presenting UK crime figures - from 1997. Posting material without links or sources.

Any neutrals reading through these threads would do well to consider what this all means....

Sure enough here's the latest loser to want the thread shut down:
Hi, you have received -2112 reputation points from Ernie S..
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Give it up.

Regards,
Ernie S.

"Give it up". Says it all. A recurring pattern of people who just cannot stand that the idea that this should be examined. People who need to barge in and control others as if running some kind of rhetorical Mafia. Neg away. Neg here, neg there, neg until the sun collapses; you will never shut us up. That is a promise. Trust me.

Yes, I suspect.

Well, in usual leftist fashion, this isn't exactly true - in fact it isn't even faintly true.

{ Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have ninety days from such effective date to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution:

(1) Remove the assault weapon or large capacity magazine from the state of Missouri;

(3) Surrender the assault weapon or large capacity magazine to the appropriate law enforcement agency for destruction, subject to specific agency regulations.

5. Unlawful manufacture, import, possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of an assault weapon or a large capacity magazine is a class C felony.}

Do you ever bring anything but low-hanging fruit to the party?

I put your fallacy in different colours so you might find them this time. Fun game: see if you can spot 'em by yourself.
:eusa_whistle:

Comment:
Give it up.

Regards,
Ernie S.

"Give it up". Says it all. A recurring pattern of people who just cannot stand that the idea that this should be examined. People who need to barge in and control others as if running some kind of rhetorical Mafia. Neg away. Neg here, neg there, neg until the sun collapses; you will never shut us up. That is a promise. Trust me.

idk, the only ones i've received negs from are the anti gun crowd.

Comment:
Give it up.

Regards,
Ernie S.

Pogo, the hate site you cut & pasted from claimed this;

{• Myth #1: They're coming for your guns.
Fact-check: No one knows the exact number of guns in America, but it's clear there's no practical way to round them all up (never mind that no one in Washington is proposing this). Yet if you fantasize about rifle-toting citizens facing down the government, you'll rest easy knowing that America's roughly 80 million gun owners already have the feds and cops outgunned by a factor of around 79 to 1. (chart)}

I already posted legislation in Missouri that shows your hate site is lying, and the the anti-liberty left DOES want to confiscate legally owned guns.

In addition;

{ 10.20 Sec. 7. PERSONS POSSESSING ASSAULT WEAPONS ON EFFECTIVE DATE
ACT; REQUIRED ACTIONS.
Any person who, on February 1, 2013, legally owns or is in possession of an assault weapon has until September 1, 2013, to do any of the following without being subject to
prosecution under Minnesota Statutes, section 624.7133:

(1) remove the weapon from the state;

(2) surrender the weapon to a law enforcement agency for destruction;

(3) render the weapon permanently inoperable; or

(4) if eligible, register the weapon as provided in Minnesota Statutes, section 624.7133, subdivision 5.

EFFECTIVE DATE.This section is effective the day following final enactment.}

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bin/bldbill.php?bill=H0241.0.html&session=ls88

Obviously you want civil war, but beyond that, this shows that you of the left are unrepentant liars.

I put your fallacy in different colours so you might find them this time. Fun game: see if you can spot 'em by yourself.

So the Obamunists ARE coming for our guns, both the hate site you copied from and you, were openly lying.

Typical of the left.

And learn to spell "colors."

Comment:
Give it up.

Regards,
Ernie S.

I have no real desire to shut you up. I rather enjoy watching you make a fool of yourself. When you post bullshit with bogus statistics and false assumptions, me negging you with the comment "give it up" is because I really hate to see you embarrass yourself so badly.

Yes, I suspect.

Is an assault weapon a gun? Why don't you just say that you don't want to take all of our guns, this time?

Forum List

Back