Ten reasons why the cattle industry is not sustainable.

Hmmm, where should I start....
ROFLMFAO

No darling...YOU are the one who is flat out wrong!

FYI: when you venture away from
your safe space and comfort zone and come here
you are in the presence of coders

So how many vegans are there in the USA? Based on a sampling of 11,000 adults, aged 17 and over, only two percent of Americans are vegetarian. Only one-in-four vegetarians ā€” or 0.5% of the USA adult population ā€” is vegan. Only half of one percent of the USA population ā€” or 1.62 million of us ā€” is vegan.

There are many former vegans than there are current vegans; there are more than five times as many former vegetarians/vegans than there are current vegetarians/vegans. Said differently, 84% of vegetarians/vegans abandon their diet. Extrapolated out, that means that there are 8 million lapsed vegans as opposed to the 1.6 million current vegans.

Only about one-in-eight Americans has ever considered themselves vegetarian/vegan. Roughly 88 percent of Americans have always considered themselves omnivorous/carnivorous.

So perhaps it comes as no surprise that the typical vegan is
female, left-leaning, non-religious.

vegan-demographics.jpg

I think a lot of this has to do with the internet, because it has exposed so many things that decades ago people simply didn't see.
I think in your case, you are absolutely right...

Thereā€™s a big difference
between inform and conform

People like you, spend too much time online
conforming to the ideology of others
because you are incapable of critical thinking
I know that right now this is a very unpopular position to hold around here, but veganism is the future. Not only can we see that happening with our own eyes, it's also the future from a biblical perspective (Isaiah 11:6-9, Hosea 2:18, etc.)
You canā€™t see that shit happening with your own eyes...
you depend on someone else to tell you what youā€™re seeing

Furthermore, in no way, shape or form
is a vegan lifestyle foretold in Biblical prophecy!

You donā€™t know what the hell you're talking about...
those Scriptures you referred to,
have absolutely NOTHING to do with vegans!

LEARN TO CODE!

Wow. Could you be any more arrogantly presumptuous? I don't think so. First off, don't even attempt to speak about me, when you don't know me at all. If you think I went vegan to "conform" (or whatever other ridiculous assumption you spewed,) that is laughable to me. I've always been the exact opposite of what you describe, I've always been an independent thinker. I don't follow the crowd. Anyone who knows me knows that.

Secondly, in regard to your overall view, you have zero insight. And even less compassion and heart. But go ahead and believe what you want... it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to me. You'll see, eventually. Mark my words.

As for your strange off-topic blabbering about coding, I do know how to code. A couple languages, anyway. But what does that have to do with the price of rice in China?
....#79

ROFLMFAO

So how many vegans are there in the USA? Based on a sampling of 11,000 adults, aged 17 and over, only two percent of Americans are vegetarian. Only one-in-four vegetarians ā€” or 0.5% of the USA adult population ā€” is vegan. Only half of one percent of the USA population ā€” or 1.62 million of us ā€” is vegan.

There are many former vegans than there are current vegans; there are more than five times as many former vegetarians/vegans than there are current vegetarians/vegans. Said differently, 84% of vegetarians/vegans abandon their diet. Extrapolated out, that means that there are 8 million lapsed vegans as opposed to the 1.6 million current vegans.

Only about one-in-eight Americans has ever considered themselves vegetarian/vegan. Roughly 88 percent of Americans have always considered themselves omnivorous/carnivorous.

vegan-demographics.jpg

I think a lot of this has to do with the internet, because it has exposed so many things that decades ago people simply didn't see.

I know that right now this is a very unpopular position to hold around here, but veganism is the future. Not only can we see that happening with our own eyes, it's also the future from a biblical perspective (Isaiah 11:6-9, Hosea 2:18, etc.)

LEARN TO CODE!

I just want to add a couple things that I didn't say in my last post. I never claimed that there was a large percentage of vegans in this country right now. So evidently reading comprehension is not your strength. I said that people are waking up, especially young people (who are the future) but I was talking about the overall direction the world is heading in. Of course the numbers NOW, percentage-wise, are still low, simply because the norm in this world is to eat animal products.

As for what you said about vegans and vegetarians quitting, you don't understand what's happening. There are many people who try going vegan or vegetarian, for health reasons, or to try to lose weight, or for other shallow reasons. For the most part, THOSE are the people who go back to animal products, because they were never vegan in the first place. Veganism is not a diet. It's an ethical position that involves a complete shift in the way you think and view the world. It's like an awakening, that changes you in a deep and major way. Obviously the people who do it for health reasons or because they think it's trendy and they want to try it out are likely to only do it for a time, because they never made the actual connection, they never had that "aha moment" and we know that because once you do, you simply no longer view animals as food. EVER. But I don't expect you to understand that.
....or #80

What I do know is, I shouldnā€™t have opted for...
less is more
short and sweet
straight and to the point

ending up deleting much of what I wrote

Wonā€™t make that mistake again...
gonna be a long night for me

The source "care2" is hardly an agra or scientific entity. Care2 is an ultra left wing site that rambles around mostly hating Israel and trying to disrupt the social fabric of the U.S.

ROFLMFAO

vegan-demographics.jpg

LEARN TO CODE!

Wow. Could you be any more arrogantly presumptuous? I don't think so. First off, don't even attempt to speak about me, when you don't know me at all. If you think I went vegan to "conform" (or whatever other ridiculous assumption you spewed,) that is laughable to me. I've always been the exact opposite of what you describe, I've always been an independent thinker. I don't follow the crowd. Anyone who knows me knows that.

Secondly, in regard to your overall view, you have zero insight. And even less compassion and heart. But go ahead and believe what you want... it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to me. You'll see, eventually. Mark my words.

As for your strange off-topic blabbering about coding, I do know how to code. A couple languages, anyway. But what does that have to do with the price of rice in China?
Wow. Could you be any more arrogantly presumptuous? I don't think so.
Arrogant:

having or revealing an exaggerated sense
of one's own importance or abilities.

Presumptuous:

failing to observe the limits of what is permitted or appropriate.
When someone takes liberties, doing things too boldly,
overstepping due bounds (as of propriety or courtesy)

A person who is presumptuous shows little respect for others
by doing things they have no right to do:
2. rude because of doing something,
although you know, you do not have a right to do it
First off, don't even attempt to speak about me, when you don't know me at all. If you think I went vegan to "conform" (or whatever other ridiculous assumption you spewed,) that is laughable to me.
First off, Iā€™m still trying to figure out,
based on the definitions of the words you used,
how those words describe me, in relation to what I wrote

Secondly, I do know you...through your posts
I can and will ā€˜speak about youā€™, regardless

Lastly, you claim I have no comprehension skills...#80
That is laughable to me

Because, guess what...youā€™re wrong again darling

I didnā€™t even know you were a vegan....
I stated you conformed to ideology,
not a vegan lifestyle....Get it straight
I've always been the exact opposite of what you describe, I've always been an independent thinker. I don't follow the crowd. Anyone who knows me knows that
Is that so?

Let me tell you what I know...
if youā€™re not mimicking, youā€™re making shit up

And, Iā€™ll prove it
And, in order for me to do that,
I need to jump over to post #80

The source "care2" is hardly an agra or scientific entity. Care2 is an ultra left wing site that rambles around mostly hating Israel and trying to disrupt the social fabric of the U.S.

You don't have to take the word of one source, there are tons of different sources that will tell you the same thing. Pretty much everything in that article is common knowledge, at least among people who have done any research at all.

For example, deforestation. If you don't like the site linked in the OP, you can hear it from the World Wildlife Fund:

Deforestation is a particular concern in tropical rainforests because these forests are home to much of the worldā€™s biodiversity. For example, in the Amazon around 17% of the forest has been lost in the last 50 years, mostly due to forest conversion for cattle ranching.

Not only is it a copout to reject something based on the source, but it's also a common logical fallacy.

You don't have to take the word of one source, there are tons of different sources that will tell you the same thing. Pretty much everything in that article is common knowledge, at least among people who have done any research at all.

For example, deforestation. If you don't like the site linked in the OP, you can hear it from the World Wildlife Fund:

Deforestation is a particular concern in tropical rainforests because these forests are home to much of the worldā€™s biodiversity. For example, in the Amazon around 17% of the forest has been lost in the last 50 years, mostly due to forest conversion for cattle ranching.

Not only is it a copout to reject something based on the source, but it's also a common logical fallacy.
The world wildlife fund? What the hell do they know about agra-bis?

Sigh. I gave you a different source for a claim made in the article, which you had dismissed based on the source. I said that most of those claims are common knowledge. So the point right now wasn't about "agra-bis" - it was about the problems and negative effects that arise from agra-bis... which obviously conservation or environmental groups would be knowledgable on. If you want more sources, there are more. But something tells me you'd summarily reject anything and everything you don't like to hear... because, "I like steak tho."

Last edited:
ROFLMFAO

vegan-demographics.jpg

LEARN TO CODE!

I just want to add a couple things that I didn't say in my last post. I never claimed that there was a large percentage of vegans in this country right now. So evidently reading comprehension is not your strength. I said that people are waking up, especially young people (who are the future) but I was talking about the overall direction the world is heading in. Of course the numbers NOW, percentage-wise, are still low, simply because the norm in this world is to eat animal products.

As for what you said about vegans and vegetarians quitting, you don't understand what's happening. There are many people who try going vegan or vegetarian, for health reasons, or to try to lose weight, or for other shallow reasons. For the most part, THOSE are the people who go back to animal products, because they were never vegan in the first place. Veganism is not a diet. It's an ethical position that involves a complete shift in the way you think and view the world. It's like an awakening, that changes you in a deep and major way. Obviously the people who do it for health reasons or because they think it's trendy and they want to try it out are likely to only do it for a time, because they never made the actual connection, they never had that "aha moment" and we know that because once you do, you simply no longer view animals as food. EVER. But I don't expect you to understand that.
I just want to add a couple things that I didn't say in my last post. I never claimed that there was a large percentage of vegans in this country right now.
Add away, you do you

It doesnā€™t matter what you didnā€™t state in #79,
anymore then, attempting to clarify yourself now, #80, does
So evidently reading comprehension is not your strength
Sorry...backtracking isnā€™t an option
I said that people are waking up, especially young people (who are the future)
No, what you said was....
Actually, people are waking up, en masse,.......and more and more people are going vegan everyday. So, I'm sorry but you're just wrong.
That is what you stated, when you responded to Darkwind
after he stated...it can, it will(referring to the meat industry)
in his response to what MM had stated

You told him, he was wrong(it can, it will= industry sustains)
because, more and more people are going vegan everyday

Adopting a vegan lifestyle
and sticking your toe in the pond,
are 2 different things altogether

So, you had the audacity,
to tell him he was wrong, based on....
shit youā€™re mimicking or shit youā€™re making up
but I was talking about the overall direction the world is heading in.
But, but, but...you declared the world would be vegan,
more and more people are going vegan everyday,
we see it happening with our own eyes
as it was foretold in Biblical prophecy
Of course the numbers NOW, percentage-wise, are still low, simply because the norm in this world is to eat animal products.
And, NOW, you want to downplay data
that exposes your baseless nonsense

The numbers NOW, % wise,
havenā€™t changed in 20 years....

ROFLMFAO

vegan-demographics.jpg

LEARN TO CODE!

Secondly, in regard to your overall view, you have zero insight.
#79^

ROFLMFAO
As for what you said about vegans and vegetarians quitting, you don't understand what's happening.
I didnā€™t say shit about vegans or vegetarians quitting....

A vegan did...which I linked to

Obviously, the only one with zero insight,
living in their own alternate reality
and thinks they know whatā€™s happening,
but, actually, doesnā€™t know or understand shit...

Is you!

ROFLMFAO

vegan-demographics.jpg

LEARN TO CODE!

I just want to add a couple things that I didn't say in my last post. I never claimed that there was a large percentage of vegans in this country right now.
Add away, you do you

It doesnā€™t matter what you didnā€™t state in #79,
anymore then, attempting to clarify yourself now, #80, does
So evidently reading comprehension is not your strength
Sorry...backtracking isnā€™t an option
I said that people are waking up, especially young people (who are the future)
No, what you said was....
Actually, people are waking up, en masse,.......and more and more people are going vegan everyday. So, I'm sorry but you're just wrong.
That is what you stated, when you responded to Darkwind
after he stated...it can, it will(referring to the meat industry)
in his response to what MM had stated

You told him, he was wrong(it can, it will= industry sustains)
because, more and more people are going vegan everyday

Adopting a vegan lifestyle
and sticking your toe in the pond,
are 2 different things altogether

So, you had the audacity,
to tell him he was wrong, based on....
shit youā€™re mimicking or shit youā€™re making up
but I was talking about the overall direction the world is heading in.
But, but, but...you declared the world would be vegan,
more and more people are going vegan everyday,
we see it happening with our own eyes
as it was foretold in Biblical prophecy
Of course the numbers NOW, percentage-wise, are still low, simply because the norm in this world is to eat animal products.
And, NOW, you want to downplay data
that exposes your baseless nonsense

The numbers NOW, % wise,
havenā€™t changed in 20 years....

You're living in a bubble. 20 years ago there were still many people who didn't even have the internet, and we certainly didn't have things like Youtube and social media. Now with the increasing amount of knowledge and light being shined on those barbaric, evil industries, the vegan movement is just getting started. Just in my everyday life, I can see it becoming more mainstream. 10 years ago I didn't anyone who was vegan. Now I see people going vegan everyday, and I talk to nonvegan friends who tell me they know lots of vegans, etc.

While you're putting everything into one poll (I stopped trusting polls years ago) you're ignoring numerous other indicators of change. You are ignoring the growing demand for plantbased products, the decline of dairy, the growing number of companies no longer testing on animals, closings of circuses, a growing amount of fashion designers who are ditching fur, places like Sea World becoming increasingly unpopular, I could go on and on and on. But you are so closedminded and willfullly blind, that I think I'd be wasting my time and energy trying to open your eyes.

The world is changing. I don't really care if you don't believe that, it only makes you ignorant in my view, and lacking insight and discernment. THAT was what I was disagreeing with Darkwind on, not on the numbers NOW percentage-wise, but on what the future holds.

Last edited:
There needs to be a concerted effort to reduce beef and dairy consumption and the farms that raise them. I like a good steak as much as anyone but it takes way too much land, water and feed to produce a pound of steak. Add to that the negative affects on the environment and health. This article is a good summary of the many downsides of the cattle industry. No one wants to hurt farmers, but the trajectory has to change. We need smaller cattle farms and more meat alternatives. I don't see this as a political issue, it seems more to be a common sense issue.

10 Reasons Why the Meat and Dairy Industry Is Unsustainable | Care2 Causes

Yes, Big oil is not sustainable, cows are not sustainable, capitalism is not sustainable, conservatism is not sustainable, etc., etc.

What is sustainable? Why socialism, ever increasing taxation, and exponentially expanding government of course.

But I think that is only common sense.

Is you!

Evidently everything needs to be explained to you. I read that page. Of course if someone claims to be a vegan, and then later goes back to eating animal products, they will still be counted as a "vegan" who left veganism simply because they identified as one, but that doesn't mean they actually were. It's similar to Christianity. Anyone can claim to be Christian, but it doesn't mean they're saved, or born again. THAT is what makes someone an actual Christian, if they've been spiritually regenerated (born from above, born again.) But when it comes to polls and things like that, there's no time to be investigating who truly made the connection or not, they just go by what people say. And the website also didn't get into all that, clearly.

Last edited:
ROFLMFAO

vegan-demographics.jpg

LEARN TO CODE!

Is you!

Evidently everything needs to be explained to you. I read that page. Of course if someone claims to be a vegan, and then later goes back to eating animal products, they will still be counted as a "vegan" who left veganism simply because they identified as one, but that doesn't mean they actually were. It's similar to Christianity. Anyone can claim to be Christian, but it doesn't mean they're saved, or born again. THAT is what makes someone an actual Christian, if they've been spiritually regenerated (born from above, born again.) But when it comes to polls and things like that, there's no time to be investigating who truly made the connection or not, they just go by what people say. And the website also didn't get into all that, clearly.
Evidently everything needs to be explained to you
Evidently, you feel compelled to explain yourself
and are using me, under the guise of,
a lack of brain cells on my part...to do so

Trust me...stop

You are making it worse
I read that page.
Then, if you read the page,
why are you attributing what someone else wrote, to me?

Furthermore, telling me
I donā€™t understand whatā€™s happening?
Of course if someone claims to be a vegan, and then later goes back....blah, blah, blah
WHAT ARE YOU BIBBLING ABOUT?

What does any of the gibberish you wrote,
have to do with anything...besides NOTHING?!

I told you, stop...
You are trying to use more nonsense
to redeem yourself from the original nonsense

ROFLMFAO

vegan-demographics.jpg

LEARN TO CODE!

I still don't know what your point is, and I'm getting bored with this conversation, so if do you have a point, go ahead and make it or move on.

So the coding thing has something to do with Kanye West and that video making fun of "orange man bad" people. And? Your point? (I can't believe I'm wasting my time on this.)

Is you!

Evidently everything needs to be explained to you
Evidently, you feel compelled to explain yourself
and are using me, under the guise of,
a lack of brain cells on my part...to do so

Trust me...stop

You are making it worse
I read that page.
Then, if you read the page,
why are you attributing what someone else wrote, to me?

Furthermore, telling me
I donā€™t understand whatā€™s happening?
Of course if someone claims to be a vegan, and then later goes back....blah, blah, blah
WHAT ARE YOU BIBBLING ABOUT?

What does any of the gibberish you wrote,
have to do with anything...besides NOTHING?!

I told you, stop...
You are trying to use more nonsense
to redeem yourself from the original nonsense

I'm actually laughing now. Project much? And just out of curiosity, is there a reason why you format your posts in that way... with the narrow paragraphs, one sentence per line?

Sigh. I gave you a different source for a claim made in the article, which you had dismissed based on the source. I said that most of those claims are common knowledge. So the point right now wasn't about "agra-bis" - it was about the problems and negative effects that arise from agra-bis... which obviously conservation or environmental groups would be knowledgable on. If you want more sources, there are more. But something tells me you'd summarily reject anything and everything you don't like to hear... because, "I like steak tho."
What does "common knowledge" mean? Cattle farming is not only sustainable in rural areas of the Mid Atlantic states but it is the best way to preserve rural land from encroachment from smokestack factories and ugly real estate development. Cattle farmers obviously make a decent profit or they wouldn't be in business.

So anyway, humans have been eating meat for, like, two million years...and we are going to stop next week?

Actually you could make an argument that the horse industry may not be sustainable and neither is the sheep industry or the newly developed alpaca industry not to mention goats and pigs. If you polled the radical left sources it would seem that marijuana was the only sustainable agriculture based industry left in the U.S.

What does "common knowledge" mean? Cattle farming is not only sustainable in rural areas of the Mid Atlantic states but it is the best way to preserve rural land from encroachment from smokestack factories and ugly real estate development. Cattle farmers obviously make a decent profit or they wouldn't be in business.

Common knowledge means well known, not a secret or something only one person is saying. As far as the unsustainability of cattle ranching, people aren't talking about small farms, and they're not talking about it on a local scale, but on a global scale. The earth is losing the equivalent of 27 soccer fields of rainforest every minute of every day, and 78 million acres every year. The leading cause is cattle ranching.

Also, as I mentioned earlier, it takes an astronomical amount of water and food to raise beef... it's completely wasteful, and that is one of the many reasons its unsustainable in the long run, on a global scale. Then you have the problem of animal waste, as I said earlier, animal agriculture is causing rivers and lakes to be polluted, it contaminates ground water in some places causing people to be sick, killing off fish and other wildlife, and I could go on. All of it is completely unnecessary, because not only is there no nutritional reason to eat animal products, but a diet high in animal products is linked to cancer, heart disease and other illnesses, so ultimately the only reason people do it is habit/tradition and to satisfy their tastebuds.

What do you think is more important: trashing and destroying the planet on a number of levels, epidemics of preventable diseases, the nonstop horrible cruelty that goes on every day (factory farms are diabolical, I'll post a video below)......or satisfying one's tastebuds? Please answer honestly.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back