🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Texas Supreme Court allows for arrest of Democrats who don't show up to Legislature

Think they will be put in solitary confinement and refused bail like the people arrested from the FBIs false flag on Jan. 6th?

Wow

Just wow

A court in the United States ruled democrats are NOT above the law.....

We've been waiting, what, at least 25 years for this to happen....

Exactly. Just declare that they have forfeited their seats and hold a special election. It's not really going to change the make up of the Legislature, but it will allow for a quorum to be created.
Who has that authority?
A partisan Governor?

On whose authority?

Who are you going to replace them with if you expel them?

You'd hold a special election to elect a new representative. If I don't show up for my job I get fired, so why shouldn't the same thing apply to a state legislator?

More reason not to return

Let the legislature cease to function
That's exactly what Abbot wants.... he has options if they are away for a prolonged period and can proceed without them. Without being partisan here....staying away is not the smart thing for them to do. If it were a group of republicans I would say the same thing. Like it or not they have to go back and be a part of the process of the process will go forward without them....the consequences of that are just wrong IMO.

JO

The Governor should appoint replacements for them.

After all, they should use every tool available and if that is not enough, make up a few.
He has that option....I would wager that he is secretly cheering them on to stay away.....this is not a smart move at all.

JO

You'd hold a special election to elect a new representative. If I don't show up for my job I get fired, so why shouldn't the same thing apply to a state legislator?
Who in Texas has the authority to fire elected officials other than the voters?

The Governor should appoint replacements for them.

After all, they should use every tool available and if that is not enough, make up a few.
If he had the authority, he would have already done it

Gov Abbott is a political moron

All he is doing is holding special legislative sessions to vote on bills that are offensive to Democrats
It only makes them heroes with Democratic voters

He needs to hold special sessions for bills Dems want. COVID relief bills, funding for hospitals, environmental bills

Then boycotting Dems would have to come back

lock them up! these dem super spreaders not only refuses to do their job, they have spread the xiden pandemic everywhere

Forum List

Back