Texas woman guns down would be burgler

To many folks using guns to solve everyday dilemmas...are laws like "stand ur ground" and easy access to guns really making us safer...or more endangered?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

To your question. I don't think so. I think its more of the fact that Americans are realizing our culture, and its enabling government, have bred a society where crime is not seen in the same light as it was years ago. Now criminals are more often painted as the victim thus, there are no consequences to deter crime. So you get more....

Sure, years ago someone trying to open your front door garnered pause... In today's society, not so much

Just my 2 cents

-Geaux

Crime has been on a download slide over the last couple of decades in most of America. That is because of a highly trained and professional police force.

Conservatives have been trying to reverse that trend by breaking the Police Unions, downsizing various forces, instilling fear in citizens and arming them. They are hoping to create a sense that everyone is on their own and needs to be holding a gun.

Vigilantism has NEVER worked. And it won't work now.

To many folks using guns to solve everyday dilemmas...are laws like "stand ur ground" and easy access to guns really making us safer...or more endangered?

To your question. I don't think so. I think its more of the fact that Americans are realizing our culture, and its enabling government, have bred a society where crime is not seen in the same light as it was years ago. Now criminals are more often painted as the victim thus, there are no consequences to deter crime. So you get more....

Sure, years ago someone trying to open your front door garnered pause... In today's society, not so much

Just my 2 cents

-Geaux

Crime has been on a download slide over the last couple of decades in most of America. That is because of a highly trained and professional police force.

Conservatives have been trying to reverse that trend by breaking the Police Unions, downsizing various forces, instilling fear in citizens and arming them. They are hoping to create a sense that everyone is on their own and needs to be holding a gun.

Well you are on your own Sallow as the police have no legal obligation to come to your aid.
The local LEO situations are a state/city issue. Take a look at Cali. Liberal a government as they come yet Moonbeam is releasing prisoners, reducing State troopers. The release of these criminals is having negative impact relative to crime in my community

-Geaux

I don't blame the old lady.

Elderly living alone and someone tries to open your door at night. She was justified to be frightened.

As much as you all would like to deny it home invasion is real.

If this guy wasn't such a drunk he'd be alive today.

odd she didnt call 911 before she shoot him....i am not in much danger from a drunk on my porch...the police will show up even if it takes 20 minutes and remove the drunk......the drunk is not a threat till he enters my home.....

Jeez...67 is not "elderly" these days, and no excuse for shooting to kill without ascertaining that there's a real threat...

Jeez...67 is not "elderly" these days, and no excuse for shooting to kill without ascertaining that there's a real threat...

If a person is trying to enter your home in the middle of the night it is prudent to assume his intentions are not benign.

Maybe this stew bum should have been at AA instead of in the bars

people he was drinking for st paddys day...he took a cab home...he made the typical drunk mistake of going to the wrong house....yall act like this is something new to yall...if she was so scared why didnt she call 911 first?

Just my 2 cents

-Geaux

Well you are on your own Sallow as the police have no legal obligation to come to your aid.
The local LEO situations are a state/city issue. Take a look at Cali. Liberal a government as they come yet Moonbeam is releasing prisoners, reducing State troopers. The release of these criminals is having negative impact relative to crime in my community

-Geaux

In New York?

Yeah..they are under a legal obligation to come to the aid of any citizen in distress.

They carry their weapons 24/7 just because of that.

Having civilians armed and dispensing "Justice" has been tried before and in this country.

It didn't work then..it won't work now.

If a person is trying to enter your home in the middle of the night it is prudent to assume his intentions are not benign.

Nice.

A Marine, a fire fighter but you relegate him to a "stew bum".

At what point do you guys say, "Hey..using a gun like that was wrong?"

So far:

Shooting fleeing burglars is okay.
Shooting a kid going home is okay.
Shooting a kid with loud music is okay.
Shooting a guy throwing popcorn at you is okay.

The only thing not okay is a Black American Woman firing a gun in the air to dissuade her abusive ex-husband from killing her is not okay.

Seriously.

Last edited:
What NRA GUN SAFETY course do you suppose taught her it was okay to shoot a possible threat through a LOCKED door?

Nice.

A Marine, a fire fighter but you relegate him to a "stew bum".

At what point do you guys say, "Hey..using a gun like that was wrong?"

So a marine or a firefighter can't be a drunk? Since when?

Shooting fleeing burglars is okay.
I never said that
Shooting a kid going home is okay.
I never said that
Shooting a kid with loud music is okay.
I never said that
I never said that

The only thing not okay is a Black American Woman firing a gun in the air to dissuade her abusive ex-husband from killing her is not okay.

Seriously.

If you are going to shoot a gun you shoot at a target not blindly into the air where you might hurt or kill an innocent person. A simple .22 retains killing power for up to a mile away.

Last edited:
except that he was a former marine/current firefighter

Elderly Texas Woman Second Amendments Firefighter She Mistook for a Burglar
It was at this point that two large pieces of lead crashed through the door from the inside, striking Keen and knocking him backward. The neighbor claims she warned the “intruder” that she had a gun — nobody will ever know if a word was spoken, because Keen was pronounced dead at the hospital. She called 911 after opening the door and recognizing the body staining the wood of her suburban front porch.

There was no evidence of any breakage associated with the attempted entry. All evidence indicates that Keen used nothing more than his key on the door — which is more evidence than there is that Keen received any warning before getting shot in the chest.

discuss...

Chit happens. Sad case all the way around. Not good when we loose our own due to friendly fire

-Geaux

oddly the keys to his house were found in his own front yard

plus for some reason he was kicked out of the bar he was at

Houston woman shot dead neighbor Samuel Keen after mistaking him for intruder | Mail Online

people he was drinking for st paddys day...he took a cab home...he made the typical drunk mistake of going to the wrong house....yall act like this is something new to yall...if she was so scared why didnt she call 911 first?

And wait an hour or more for some cop to get there from the Krispy Kreme?

Someone is rattling your door in the middle of the night and you assume he's coming over with a pie?

If this drunk got killed because he wandered out into traffic would you all be blaming the driver or the drunk?

It was at this point that two large pieces of lead crashed through the door from the inside, striking Keen and knocking him backward. The neighbor claims she warned the “intruder” that she had a gun — nobody will ever know if a word was spoken, because Keen was pronounced dead at the hospital. She called 911 after opening the door and recognizing the body staining the wood of her suburban front porch.

There was no evidence of any breakage associated with the attempted entry. All evidence indicates that Keen used nothing more than his key on the door — which is more evidence than there is that Keen received any warning before getting shot in the chest.

discuss...

A small price to pay for our second amendment rights

discuss...

or a consequence of getting so stinking drunk that you can't function.

If this guy wandered into traffic because he was shit faced and got killed whose fault would that have been?

discuss...

that's the gist of what the (mostly rw :eusa_shhh: ) clingers are saying here.

Forum List

Back