The 3 big myths about the gun industry....

All three seem to be sensible reactions to the gun violence in America. The statistical evidence on the *700 -1000+ mass shootings alone are enough evidence that it's not a myth or myths.

Perhaps each of the three should be debated separately. I would like to take part, but only if the debate remains civil and to the point!

*Both deaths and injuries qualify as mass shootings.

All three seem to be sensible reactions to the gun violence in America. The statistical evidence on the *700 -1000+ mass shootings alone are enough evidence that it's not a myth or myths.

Perhaps each of the three should be debated separately. I would like to take part, but only if the debate remains civil and to the point!

None of them are true. But that doesn't matter to you. The only thing that matters to you is that the lies agree with your prejudices.

None of them are true. But that doesn't matter to you. The only thing that matters to you is that the lies agree with your prejudices.
But only if the debate remains civil and to the point.

This appears to not be possible with the progun side. Clean it up or just never mind.

But only if the debate remains civil and to the point.

This appears to not be possible with the progun side. Clean it up or just never mind.
We've tried being civil, we've tried being accommodating, all it gets us is further attacks. So, we are standing up for our rights now. We actually have a Constitution and Bill of Rights that limits government from interfering with our rights. We have both the law and moral right on our side, so why don't you bugger off and post on Canadian Boards. We don't want you here.

We've tried being civil, we've tried being accommodating, all it gets us is further attacks. So, we are standing up for our rights now. We actually have a Constitution and Bill of Rights that limits government from interfering with our rights. We have both the law and moral right on our side, so why don't you bugger off and post on Canadian Boards. We don't want you here.
See post #4.

There have not been 700 mass public shootings...

Last year there were 12, the year before 6, the year before that 2.

Out of a country of over 350 million people.....

You anti-gun fanatics have nothing, so lying is your only tool.

Poverty, drugs, hopelessness and mental illness contribute to violence of all kinds in America. One of the problems the party that defends guns does not want to spend adequate money on those four causes. So we sell more guns. I guess crimes of passion would be all that is left.

Poverty, drugs, hopelessness and mental illness contribute to violence of all kinds in America. One of the problems the party that defends guns does not want to spend adequate money on those four causes.
The state exists to protect your rights, not lift you out of poverty, drugs, hopelessness or mental illness
Thus, the the reason "the party that defends guns" "does not want to spend adequate money on those four causes."

Take responsibility for yourself.

The state exists to protect your rights, not lift you our of poverty, drugs, hopelessness or mental illness
Thus, the the reason "the party that defends guns" "does not want to spend adequate money on those four causes."

Take responsibility for yourself.
I own guns and CC every day. I just pointed out the facts.

Poverty, drugs, hopelessness and mental illness contribute to violence of all kinds in America. One of the problems the party that defends guns does not want to spend adequate money on those four causes. So we sell more guns. I guess crimes of passion would be all that is left.
Do you think that a 'culture' of continuous wars can be added to those four social deficiencies?

I own guns and CC every day. I just pointed out the facts.
You also stated the facts:

Poverty, drugs, hopelessness and mental illness contribute to violence of all kinds in America.

And posting that here makes it a part of the gun debate, or it's off-topic.

It will be on-topic until it's declared to be off-topic by someone with the authority to do so.

In general, social inadequacies can be said to be the reason for America's huge rate of gun violence. That's true for the bad guys with guns as well as being true for the good guys with guns becoming the bad guys that shoot up schools, etc.

It's also suspected that a 'culture' of continuous wars is a contributing factor of gun misuse. The good guy at the range, blazing away with his AR-15 at human silouette targets could quite likely be the next school shooter.

You also stated the facts:

And posting that here makes it a part of the gun debate, or it's off-topic.

It will be on-topic until it's declared to be off-topic by someone with the authority to do so.

In general, social inadequacies can be said to be the reason for America's huge rate of gun violence. That's true for the bad guys with guns as well as being true for the good guys with guns becoming the bad guys that shoot up schools, etc.

It's also suspected that a 'culture' of continuous wars is a contributing factor of gun misuse. The good guy at the range, blazing away with his AR-15 at human silouette targets could quite likely be the next school shooter.
Do some research, that's simply not true.

I have. The pro-gun side needs to do the same...

Forum List

Back